KIRIN BONERANZA
 Unicorn.Nintendo
Serveur: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: nintendo
By Unicorn.Nintendo 2009-10-11 10:15:28
Link | Citer | R

Hey Unicorn.

I'm lookin for a Sky LS or any end-game Ls to team up and bust out a day worth of kirins. My ls currently has 11~13 kirin pops and enough people to do em ole school but this would take us around oh 16+ hours. I'm lookin for a group who needs em done also to team up so we can have 18 DD on kirin with a mage and add pt outside so we can get atleast ~30 min kills. We have no probs with a 12-14 hour kirin day if thats what it takes to pop+kill everyones pops.

On lotting we do pop holder takes 1, R/E goes free(1 free lot per person), and all non rare is banked and given out at the end of the night to the people who stayed till the end of run. This is how we have always done it in-house. We can modify lotting if needs be.

Please drop all querys, questions, concerns, and interests either here, my inbox, or online.

KIRINZ BONERANZA!
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-11 10:46:52
Link | Citer | R

Why not burn 1 per day for 11-12 days straight?
[+]
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-11 11:03:50
Link | Citer | R

Wish I was on this server -_- I want some kirin crap :p
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-11 11:53:11
Link | Citer | R

I'm just curious as to how you managed to store up 13 pop-sets. Why haven't you been killing them?
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-11 11:58:30
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
I'm just curious as to how you managed to store up 13 pop-sets. Why haven't you been killing them?

Well...sometimes it happens in odd ways. lol. In my last Sky shell, we opened pop donations for points. The next event, we somehow managed like 8 extra Kirin pop sets. >_>;

Or maybe they just don't like to kite Kirin to kill it anymore. It's time consuming, blows donkey penis, and exhausts the kiter after running 600 Nascar circles.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-11 12:02:47
Link | Citer | R

I understand the second sentence, but if that's the only method open to your shell (which it would seem it is) and people want stuff off kirin (which it would seem they do) then you'll damn well kite it.

I can't see anyone that is used to kiting kirin suddenly decide that their drops can wait until an outside shell comes to help tp burn it for them, which will also include giving away some of their drops.

PS. I'm not trolling, honestly just wondering how you can get 13 pop sets stored up instead of killing them.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-10-11 12:16:16
Link | Citer | R

Nintendo said:
Hey Unicorn.

I'm lookin for a group who needs em done also to team up so we can have 18 DD on kirin with a mage and add pt outside so we can get atleast ~30 min kills. We have no probs with a 12-14 hour kirin day if thats what it takes to pop+kill everyones pops.

orz i would die if needed to do Kirin like this D: Transport all your chars to Cerb we kill you all 13 in 4.5-5 hours! (stupid 15 min repop on ??? ;;)
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-10-13 12:37:02
Link | Citer | R

Just curious, what is the typical Kirin strat now-a-days, aside from kiting/TP burn is there any other? I don't see how you could do 13 in 5 hours without an army of CORs to reset 2hrs.
 Unicorn.Nintendo
By Unicorn.Nintendo 2009-10-13 23:54:51
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:

Cause we rarely do sky, these have been collected as personal pops. And we can do kirin np but we don't have the jobs/people to do 13 in a row and take less then 18 hours.
 Unicorn.Nintendo
By Unicorn.Nintendo 2009-10-13 23:56:15
Link | Citer | R

18 smn main alliance can kill kirin in under 15 mins with BP alone, no 2hours needed.

And yeah that 15 min cool-down blows the big one.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-14 12:32:41
Link | Citer | R

Excesspain said:
Just curious, what is the typical Kirin strat now-a-days, aside from kiting/TP burn is there any other? I don't see how you could do 13 in 5 hours without an army of CORs to reset 2hrs.

Pretty sure it's kite or burn. Kiting generally means having one person or a small party kiting it while the main alliance handles the gods, and then continue to kite/nuke/melee/whatever.

I've never done a burn, but it obviously has bigger risks. I don't think the tp moves are that big an issue, but stonega and astral flow would be as they can both do serious damage to the whole alliance. The biggest issue with a burn though is if you don't kill it in... 2 minutes? A god is gonna pop on your *** and it's all over.

I think the only other way you can really do it is a combination of both, kite it while it spits out the gods, then once all 4 gods are down you can attempt a burn without risking a total wipe, as even if the ***does hit the fan you can just go back to kiting to recover. This is also the way I'd recommend doing it for any shells that have always kited and are planning on attempting a burn.

I'm not sure if there's anyone out there that didn't already know everything I just said, but meh, it's late :p
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Serveur: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-14 12:36:43
Link | Citer | R

I didn't know this since I never made an attempt on such god.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-10-14 14:08:47
Link | Citer | R

Excesspain said:

Zerg them down.
-around 6-7 brds for rotation and allways 1 brd 2hr songs, havvy DD's outside heal
-atleast 1 DRK each fight 2hr or some other DD's... -some outside heal fpr DRK's without 2hr.
-Dia III Angon and Feint on and its death within 1 min~
For AF have whm and brd in PT (if they didnt droped for the WHM) ready to curaga.
2hrs will be ready by itself for those jobs who need^^

if you want to be safe can do first what blazza said with kite the pops out and melee burn it down after.