By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-11-07 13:29:02
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
"Meaning SAM benefits a TON from DNC's evasion debuffs,"
Nope
"defense debuffs, haste debuffs"
Yes
"and a proper dnc can rival their damage output. "
No. Sam gets TP faster, attacks faster, does will WS more times, will do higher average dmg/ws, ect.

I've never partied with a single sam who used a polearm who never ws'ed less than 1000 in a party. Sure, they may get the RARE 1500+, but most the time they do like 900 damage. I'd like to see a sam out do me per-ws every time. If they beat me half the time i'd be impressed. With great katana they do even less. They may ws more often but they hit for 700-900 most the time with those ws's.

And if you caclulate the amount of damage added by that 10% haste samba to the 5 total DD's, and the effect of the evasion/defense down debuffs on TOP of the good damage a dancer can do, i'm sure you'll see a dnc adds more total damage to a party than a sam ever could.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-07 13:30:57
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Veronika said:
I've never partied with a single sam who used a polearm who never ws'ed less than 1000 in a party. Sure, they may get the RARE 1500 , but most the time they do like 900 damage. I'd like to see a sam out do me per-ws every time. If they beat me half the time i'd be impressed. With great katana they do even less. They may ws more often but they hit for 700-900 most the time with those ws's.

?_?
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 13:32:06
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Veronika said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
"Meaning SAM benefits a TON from DNC's evasion debuffs,"
Nope
"defense debuffs, haste debuffs"
Yes
"and a proper dnc can rival their damage output. "
No. Sam gets TP faster, attacks faster, does will WS more times, will do higher average dmg/ws, ect.

I've never partied with a single sam who used a polearm who never ws'ed less than 1000 in a party. Sure, they may get the RARE 1500 , but most the time they do like 900 damage. I'd like to see a sam out do me per-ws every time. If they beat me half the time i'd be impressed. With great katana they do even less. They may ws more often but they hit for 700-900 most the time with those ws's.

User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
 Leviathan.Veronika
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-11-07 13:32:32
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Leviathan.Veronika said:

?_?

Check the bold + underlined part.

Quite simply in other words it reads:
I have never partied with a sam who hits 1000+ every weaponskill.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 13:32:59
Link | Citer | R

Note where it says low/average/high

Average is the average damage of all my pentas in the said party.

in the 2nd parse, kny is also sam polearm.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 13:33:15
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Veronika said:
Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Leviathan.Veronika said:

?_?

Check the bold underlined part.

Quite simply in other words it reads:
I have never partied with a sam who hits 1000 every weaponskill.

get better sams
 Leviathan.Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-11-07 13:34:57
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:

Note where it says lows. My point is proven. I go entire parties without hitting less than 1k. If i get CLOSE to going below 1k it's cuz i missed 2 or 3 hits.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 13:36:29
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Veronika said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Note where it says lows. My point is proven. I go entire parties without hitting less than 1k. If i get CLOSE to going below 1k it's cuz i missed 2 or 3 hits.

That's like saying you can't go through a party w/o hitting less than 1k. My point still stands my averages are always in the 1.4-1.5k range. You know why my lows are that low? Its because killshot. Its a simple concept. Let's say the mob is at 30% and me and Kny fire off at the same time. His penta goes first and leaves the mob with 1-5%. My first hit kills the colibri, and the remaining 4 automatically miss. That is how multi hit ws' work.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-07 13:36:31
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Veronika said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

It's a *** multihit WS, of course you're going to have lows under 1000 due to multiple hits missing or killshot. That's a fact of life when the accuracy cap is 95%. Back to the averages please, your point has no value.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 13:37:06
Link | Citer | R

The only point you've proven is that you don't know the basic mechanics behind a multi hit WS
 Cerberus.Geldric
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-11-07 13:39:25
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
And if you caclulate the amount of damage added by that 10% haste samba to the 5 total DD's, and the effect of the evasion/defense down debuffs on TOP of the good damage a dancer can do, i'm sure you'll see a dnc adds more total damage to a party than a sam ever could.

The point of this topic is who is a better DD. Not who will help the party more or do more damage with other DDs.
 Leviathan.Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-11-07 13:40:25
Link | Citer | R

Dancing Edge is a multi hit weaponskill too, or did you forget? It's probably due largely to the fact that a) dancer has a lot of ws acc, b) I'm a mithra, and c) dnc ws's in acc and attack gear only. You'll see a lot of people try to use CHR and DEX, but they're idiots. That's why you see some dnc's WS for so low.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-07 13:40:40
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
The SAM is getting that Samba too. Are you trolling or really this bad at math?
lol, I kind of feel bad bad, but yeah, this is a little ridiculous. The last merit I recall with DNC that was parsed merely meant they out-parsed a wyvern. D;
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-07 13:41:40
Link | Citer | R

You acknowledged your WS is multihit but conveniently ignored the fact that Penta Thrust is too. The only person "forgetting" anything here is you.

EDIT: Caiyuo: ouch x.X
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-11-07 13:41:57
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
a) dancer has a lot of ws acc, b) I'm a mithra

RACE HAS A LOT TO DO WITH YOUR JOB.

Serious note; where does Dnc have alot of ws acc where Sam doesn't?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 13:42:11
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Veronika said:
Dancing Edge is a multi hit weaponskill too, or did you forget? It's probably due largely to the fact that a) dancer has a lot of ws acc, b) I'm a mithra, and c) dnc ws's in acc and attack gear only. You'll see a lot of people try to use CHR and DEX, but they're idiots. That's why you see some dnc's WS for so low.

This has ZERO to do with my point. You are either very good at selective reading or very bad at comprehension. The reason the low on those parses are that low is because the mob died on the first or second hit of the WS and the following hits automatically miss/don't connect.
 Leviathan.Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-11-07 13:42:58
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
You acknowledged your WS is multihit but conveniently ignored the fact that Penta Thrust is too. The only person "forgetting" anything here is you.

I never said it wasnt a multi hit ws... You guys are the ones bringing it up lol. Yea, penta misses a lot of hits often as sam cuz their skill is gimp, get a drg out there who's properly geared and you'll see a big increase.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 13:43:27
Link | Citer | R

My entire point is that MY ws AVERAGE is higher than YOURS.
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-11-07 13:43:32
Link | Citer | R

Oh my goooooodddddd. How the *** is our skill gimp and yours is so much better?
 Leviathan.Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-11-07 13:43:36
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Geldric said:
Quote:
a) dancer has a lot of ws acc, b) I'm a mithra

RACE HAS A LOT TO DO WITH YOUR JOB.

Serious note; where does Dnc have alot of ws acc where Sam doesn't?

Dex adds acc. Dex adds damage to dancing edge (not as much as attack, but it does).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-07 13:43:48
Link | Citer | R

Good SAMs can and do reach 90%+ accuracy at bird camp with Polearm without relying on food to do so, another invalid point.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 13:44:15
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Veronika said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I never said it wasnt a multi hit ws... You guys are the ones bringing it up lol. Yea, penta misses a lot of hits often as sam cuz their skill is gimp, get a drg out there who's properly geared and you'll see a big increase.

No, it's not because their skill is gimp. You're not reading and you're an well i'd say it but you'd prolly cry to the mods. It's because YOU KILL THE MONSTER BEFORE ALL THE HITS CAN LAND
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-11-07 13:44:41
Link | Citer | R

Sam Penta > DRG Penta but DRG Drakesbane > Sam Penta imo (Talking high numbers only)
 Leviathan.Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-11-07 13:45:10
Link | Citer | R

Oh, another thing that should be tossed out there. Haste samba doesn't add towards any haste cap. If you're 100% capped out on magic haste, gear haste, job ability haste, EVERYTHING... and you add a dancer, the 10% haste still applies.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-07 13:46:18
Link | Citer | R

Veronika said:
Oh, another thing that should be tossed out there. Haste samba doesn't add towards any haste cap. If you're 100% capped out on magic haste, gear haste, job ability haste, EVERYTHING... and you add a dancer, the 10% haste still applies.
This topic isn't "what helps DDs the most?", this topic is "what DDs the best?".
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-07 13:46:24
Link | Citer | R

You do realize that fact weighs it even more in SAM's favor, right? Why are you still talking?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 13:46:36
Link | Citer | R

Let me break this down to a language that even you can hopefully understand.

Go to south gustaburg. Go spam Dancing Edge on those monsters. I guarantee you won't do 1k dmg. Why? Because you will kill it with the first hit of the WS, which means the other hits will not land/be thrown/ect. It's called overkill.
 Leviathan.Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-11-07 13:46:37
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Leviathan.Veronika said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

No, it's not because their skill is gimp. You're not reading and you're an well i'd say it but you'd prolly cry to the mods. It's because YOU KILL THE MONSTER BEFORE ALL THE HITS CAN LAND

You're the one assuming i dont understand. That happens to everyone though.
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-11-07 13:46:58
Link | Citer | R

We are all getting the same buffs except one. Does HASSO add to the DANCER'S haste?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-07 13:47:11
Link | Citer | R

Veronika said:
You're the one assuming i dont understand. That happens to everyone though.

I can't begin to imagine why.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 25 26 27