First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 25 26 27
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-29 22:41:49
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Me. Azulmagia. Blazza. All "real BLUs". Sup? This is *** sad when I have to argue against my career job, what the hell...

I lol'd!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-29 22:44:46
Link | Citer | R

DON'T GIVE HIM THAT BS.

JUST DON'T.
 Cerberus.Geldric
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-10-29 22:45:26
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kalico said:
Not Sh*ting on any 1 but a lot of yall don't know about blu because morrigans body is trash for blu period. there is no body in the game that u should cast DD or nuke spell in other than AF 1 or regular AF the 15 blu magic skill pts alone make this the best casting body for most all blu spells *most* now back to what i was saying b4 as long as blu has mp no job can pull out more damage 2 blu spells will equal ws dam of regular DD jobs sam rng ect... sad no real blu are on here helping me out w this lol

Can you please make a coherent post?
When a blu has no mp what the *** are they gonna do? Swing their sword and wait for refresh or ballad to get their MP back up? If they had unlimited MP of course they would be top teir. So would blm, rdm, any other mage job.

I promise you my sam will destroy your blu in every circumstance in either meritpo or endgame. Why? Because I can DD and not worry about A)Resting unless I die somehow. B) Waiting on JA timers to do a SC. C) Waiting on SATA Cannonball or whatever else on HNM's.

There are real blu's here. They just don't agree with you because frankly your wrong.

You still haven't answered why you are gonna store TP to 300% for a Self-SC and how 500+800+800 somehow equals 5k in damage by the way.
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-10-29 22:47:07
Link | Citer | R

Also looking from your recent equipments, I see no Morrigan, Enkidu, or scare setup or equips of a DD or Spell cast blu. How do you assume whats good and bad when you don't have the gear or experience to back it up?
 Odin.Kalico
Serveur: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-10-29 22:47:15
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Using the big three in immediate succession SHOULD outdamage a WS, but... watch your MP. Your HP, too.

No doubt thats all i'm saying
i'm not a tard in the long run
of course Rng Sam ect... will out DD
but spam big 3 self sc repeat until
your out of mp no DD will be able to
hang with you or tank 4 that matter(hate wise)
and when your out of mp u can pull off
1k+ off vorpal.

and on another note blu's are very good in einherjar
they can tank/dd and stun spam mobs
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-29 22:47:45
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kalico said:
of course Rng Sam ect... will out DD

/facepalm

Five minutes ago you were saying you will out damage all jobs. Now you're saying RNG and SAM will outdamage you.

...whatever. Just can not be bothered, lol.

Oh, and /wave CaiyUO.
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-10-29 22:50:26
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kalico said:
Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Using the big three in immediate succession SHOULD outdamage a WS, but... watch your MP. Your HP, too.
No doubt thats all i'm saying i'm not a tard in the long run of course Rng Sam ect... will out DD but spam big 3 self sc repeat until your out of mp no DD will be able to hang with you or tank 4 that matter(hate wise) and when your out of mp u can pull off 1k off vorpal. and on another note blu's are very good in einherjar they can tank/dd and stun spam mobs

Anytime you pull high damage spike damage in succession more then likely you will steal hate from whoever is tanking in any situation. The tank can be the best tank in the world but you will still pull hate, so don't pin nothing on whoever is tanking.

And a 1k Vorpal blade?
*** PLEASE

Ps; Vafangulo.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-29 22:52:20
Link | Citer | R

I thought these were poems until I read them...

I enjoy bringing blu's for small manned events, an if I HAVE to get a nin for pts, and see no thf, I will inv them for headbutt. But that's all I can really think of.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-10-29 22:52:51
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Not Sh*ting on any 1 but a lot of yall
don't know about blu because morrigans body
is trash for blu period.
there is no body in the game that u should
cast DD or nuke spell in other than AF 1
or regular AF the 15 blu magic skill pts
alone make this the best casting body
for most all blu spells *most*

First, stop posting in this dumbass style and form sentences so you actually make sense. Second, Morrigan's Robe > Mirage Jubbah when you don't need the extra ACC and Morrigan's > AF 1 for CA VCleave and Cannonball. I'll do the math if you like.

Quote:
now back to what i was saying b4
as long as blu has mp
no job can pull out more damage
2 blu spells will equal
ws dam of regular DD jobs
sam rng ect...

Man you run with some gimp DDs...

Quote:
sad no real blu
are on here helping me out w this lol

Me. Azulmagia. Blazza. All "real BLUs". Sup? This is *** sad when I have to argue against my career job, what the hell...

EDIT: Post your gear sets. I want to see this amazing BLU that outdamages any other DD in general situations.

i'm saying blu will out DD
most jobs while we have MP.
yeah do the math for me
af+1 dex+5 str+5 blu mag skll +15

morrigans dex+ 8 str+8 mnd+8 (stats might be a lil wrong too lazy to look up) o.o lol

but i'm always willing to learn
explain
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-29 22:54:58
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kalico said:
(stats might be a lil wrong too lazy to look up) o.o lol

That is pretty lazy considering you can search from this very page, lol. Shows really willingness to be certain of your point, I guess.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-29 22:58:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aaroca said:
I thought these were poems until I read them...

I enjoy bringing blu's for small manned events, an if I HAVE to get a nin for pts, and see no thf, I will inv them for headbutt. But that's all I can really think of.
loool
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-10-29 22:59:00
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kalico said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
[quote=Odin.Kalico]Not Sh*ting on any 1 but a lot of yall
don't know about blu because morrigans body
is trash for blu period.
there is no body in the game that u should
cast DD or nuke spell in other than AF 1
or regular AF the 15 blu magic skill pts
alone make this the best casting body
for most all blu spells *most*

First, stop posting in this dumbass style and form sentences so you actually make sense. Second, Morrigan's Robe > Mirage Jubbah when you don't need the extra ACC and Morrigan's > AF 1 for CA VCleave and Cannonball. I'll do the math if you like.

Quote:
now back to what i was saying b4
as long as blu has mp
no job can pull out more damage
2 blu spells will equal
ws dam of regular DD jobs
sam rng ect...

Man you run with some gimp DDs...

Quote:
sad no real blu
are on here helping me out w this lol

EDIT: Post your gear sets. I want to see this amazing BLU that outdamages any other DD in general situations.

i'm saying blu will out DD
most jobs while we have MP.
yeah do the math for me
af+1 dex 5 str 5 blu mag skll 15

morrigans STR+8 INT+8 MND+8 Accuracy+5 Attack+5

explain how morrigans better lol
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-10-29 23:00:40
Link | Citer | R

Did you honestly just quote yourself lol?
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-10-29 23:04:40
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Geldric said:
Did you honestly just quote yourself lol?

:o lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-29 23:06:47
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kalico said:

yeah do the math for me
af 1 dex 5 str 5 blu mag skll 15

morrigans dex 8 str 8 mnd 8 (stats might be a lil wrong too lazy to look up) o.o lol

explain

For CA Vertical Cleave and Cannonball:

5 STR 5 DEX 15 skill vs 5 ACC 5 ATK 8 STR 8 INT 8 MND 5 MAB

Vertical Cleave has a 50% STR mod, Cannonball is 50% STR 50% VIT and affected by defense. Neither piece has VIT so we proceed, noting that Magus +1 has 7 more Defense than Morrigan's.

Final D value = floor(D+fSTR+WSC) * Multiplier

Ignore muliplier as it's constant. D is (Blue skill*0.11)*2+3

8/8 Blue Magic merits = 292 skill, +15 is 307. We're assuming a non-Keffiyeh headpiece, ie Gnadbhod's Helm, for simplicity. Floor at each step. fSTR is the usual (STR-VIT)/4 so we'll just say STR/4, which is not floored due to variability (we're accounting for probability due to AF+1 being 1 or 2 fSTR depending). Chain Affinity doubles WSC and the usual 0.83 value of alpha at 75 applies.

307*0.11=33*2=66+3=69+1.25+(10*0.83*.5=4)=74.25
292*0.11=32*2=64+3=67+2+(16*0.83*.5=6)=75

Morrigan's Robe wins by a small margin. Magus Jubbah +1 may be superior to Morrigan's Robe for CA Cannonball due to the additional 7 defense, but the formula for defense's exact impact on Cannonball damage is currently unknown. I believe Morrigan's is better but don't have one to test that.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-29 23:07:31
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Kalico said:

yeah do the math for me
af 1 dex 5 str 5 blu mag skll 15

morrigans dex 8 str 8 mnd 8 (stats might be a lil wrong too lazy to look up) o.o lol

explain

5 STR 5 DEX 15 skill vs 8 STR

Final D value = floor(D fSTR WSC) * Multiplier

Ignore muliplier as it's constant. D is (Blue skill*0.11)*2 3

8/8 Blue Magic merits = 292 skill, 15 is 307. We're assuming a non-Keffiyeh headpiece, ie Gnadbhod's Helm, for simplicity. Floor at each step. fSTR is the usual (STR-VIT)/4 so we'll just say STR/4, which is not floored due to variability (we're accounting for probability due to AF 1 being 1 or 2 fSTR depending). Chain Affinity doubles WSC and the usual 0.83 value of alpha at 75 applies.

307*0.11=33*2=66 3=69 1.25 (10*0.83=8)=78.25
292*0.11=32*2=64 3=67 2 (16*0.83=13)=82

Morrigan's Robe wins by 3-4 base damage. Magus Jubbah 1 may be superior to Morrigan's Robe for CA Cannonball due to the additional 7 defense, but the formula for defense's exact impact on Cannonball damage is currently unknown.

*Head explodes*
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-29 23:14:53
Link | Citer | R

lol

I was going for brevity while making sure I had my bases covered since I'm multitasking, though it wasn't all that brief after all ^^;
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-10-29 23:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Um... so your saying
the xtra 3 str u get from morrigans
is better than blu magic skill +15
are u 4 real because realistically
that what it boils down to
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-29 23:19:10
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kalico said:
Um... so your saying
is better than blu magic skill 15

***, Nightfyre's gonna be pissed. All that effort and that's your response.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-29 23:21:18
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kalico said:
Um... so your saying

When using Chain Affinity, yes. For those spells, anyway. 0.75 increase to fSTR plus the equivalent of STR+6 in WSC at 50% STR mod is a greater increase in base damage than 15 skill, which raises you by one skill tier for an additional 2 base damage. This is accepted math that I was not the first to perform and this is not the first time I've done the math, I assure you the results are correct.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-10-29 23:22:27
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Um... so your saying

***, Nightfyre's gonna be pissed. All that effort and that's your response.

yeah its called rationalizing
an ancient technique passed
down through the ages of
wise men of shau lin
but that was some good math though O.o
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Serveur: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-29 23:25:37
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
We're assuming a non-Keffiyeh headpiece, ie Gnadbhod's Helm, for simplicity.

Pardon my ignorance if this isn't correct, but I was under the impression that it was the introduction of keffiyeh that bumped the skill tier to make relic hat/AF body+1 best combo for physical damage; Hence why a lot of people dumped their sallets and coronals for keffiyeh
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-10-29 23:30:33
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Pardon my ignorance if this isn't correct, but I was under the impression that it was the introduction of keffiyeh that bumped the skill tier to make relic hat/AF body 1 best combo for physical damage; Hence why a lot of people dumped their sallets and coronals for keffiyeh

that is true blu magic skill
is the only real way to break your damage cap
but he's saying the amount of xtra dam u do
by raising your teir will be less than
+3str morrigans gives you
i'm not saying its not true
but i find hard to believe
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-29 23:36:33
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Pardon my ignorance if this isn't correct, but I was under the impression that it was the introduction of keffiyeh that bumped the skill tier to make relic hat/AF body 1 best combo for physical damage; Hence why a lot of people dumped their sallets and coronals for keffiyeh

Mirage Keffiyeh does bump you up an additional tier with full merits.

Gnadbhod's: 6 STR 24 DEF
Keffiyeh: 5 Skill (tier+1) VIT+3 DEF+24 (essentially 25-26 depending on even or odd VIT)

Gnadbhod's automatically wins on Vertical Cleave. 1.5 fSTR + 1.5 WSC modded by alpha > 2. Cannonball is a little more interesting. 1.5 fSTR + 1.5 by WSC vs base damage +2 + 0.75 by WSC, but Gnadbhod's still wins. You can make an argument about the Slow+5%, but Vertical Cleave isn't exactly a spam spell and I try and time Cannonball casts to line up with my SATA recast if I'm /THF, so recast doesn't matter as long as I'm below 30s (always) unless I can get it below 20s (never happens when I'm /THF, non-Haste buffs are more important). Note that the above is without CA active; if CA's up it's no contest.

If you're wondering why I didn't apply alpha this time around, it doesn't play nice with small numbers. I could give you results for a full build to compare against as an alternative.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-29 23:36:38
Link | Citer | R

I'm in the middle of a pretty busy exp party, so it'll take me a little while to read up on this, but someone just sent me a /tell in game that Kalico was arguing about blu in here.

So without reading any of the thread, I can confidently say, STFU Kalico, you have no *** clue what you're talking about.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-29 23:38:03
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Blazza said:
I'm in the middle of a pretty busy exp party, so it'll take me a little while to read up on this, but someone just sent me a /tell in game that Kalico was arguing about blu in here.

So without reading any of the thread, I can confidently say, STFU Kalico, you have no *** clue what you're talking about.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Owned.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Serveur: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-29 23:45:57
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Mirage Keffiyeh does bump you up an additional tier with full merits.

Gnadbhod's: 6 STR 24 DEF
Keffiyeh: 5 Skill (tier+1) VIT+3 DEF+24 (essentially 25-26 depending on even or odd VIT)

Gnadbhod's automatically wins on Vertical Cleave. 1.5 fSTR + 3 WSC modded by alpha > 2. Cannonball is a little more interesting. 1.5 fSTR + 3 by WSC vs base damage +2 + 1.5 by WSC, but Gnadbhod's still wins. You can make an argument about the Slow+5%, but Vertical Cleave isn't exactly a spam spell and I try and time Cannonball casts to line up with my SATA recast if I'm /THF, so recast doesn't matter as long as I'm below 30s (always) unless I can get it below 20s (never happens when I'm /THF, non-Haste buffs are more important). Note that the above is without CA active; if CA's up it's no contest.

If you're wondering why I didn't apply alpha this time around, it doesn't play nice with small numbers. I could give you results for a full build to compare against as an alternative.

Will probably be a good while before I have a chance at either Gnadbod's or any Morrigan's piece, I haven't had even my relic gear/jubbah+1 for that long. Hoping to see a noticeable improvement when I finish skill merits (5/8 magic... 8/8 sword, probably should've done magic first).

Doesn't help that I'm now the "oldest" BLU in my shell, so don't really have a closeby example to follow.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-10-29 23:48:41
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Blazza said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Owned.

Dam dude i had a little respect 4 u
b4 u said he owned me with that
little homo statement he posted
thats dude is corny
he just mad he cnnt be like me :)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-29 23:50:03
Link | Citer | R

Azulmagia said:
Will probably be a good while before I have a chance at either Gnadbod's or any Morrigan's piece, I haven't had even my relic gear/jubbah+1 for that long. Hoping to see a noticeable improvement when I finish skill merits (5/8 magic... 8/8 sword, probably should've done magic first).

Yeah, it's not really a practical comparison for most people. Magus +1 and Mirage Keffiyeh is by no means a bad choice of gear for physical spells, though I'd advise you to use a different headpiece if possible (and if you're not doing this already) until you're at 7 Blue Magic merits as you won't break into the next tier with the Keffiyeh until then.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 00:05:52
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Geldric said:
Can you please make a coherent post?
When a blu has no mp what the *** are they gonna do? Swing their sword and wait for refresh or ballad to get their MP back up? If they had unlimited MP of course they would be top teir. So would blm, rdm, any other mage job.

I promise you my sam will destroy your blu in every circumstance in either meritpo or endgame. Why? Because I can DD and not worry about A)Resting unless I die somehow. B) Waiting on JA timers to do a SC. C) Waiting on SATA Cannonball or whatever else on HNM's.

There are real blu's here. They just don't agree with you because frankly your wrong.

You still haven't answered why you are gonna store TP to 300% for a Self-SC and how 500+800+800 somehow equals 5k in damage by the way.

Yeah cause blus can blow there mp that fast... and even if we did it would way way out do whatever your doing. Yeah a blu that has to rest... theres something wrong. Um last time I checked a sam can't SC by himself without jas. Oh yeah and on those HNMs you'd really rather not melee and feed tp to who can get to guess who can sata cannonball faster then a sam can get tp to ws? I missed it earlier but how you claiming 5k dmg? You 2hring and mediating and starting with 200% and using sekki?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 25 26 27