Which Is Best Hand To Make SAM TP?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » which is best hand to make SAM TP?
which is best hand to make SAM TP?
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-08 23:48:46
Link | Citer | R

Tails said:
Dasva said:
Idk something about a potential AOE +50 store tp just seems nifty

How much haste + accuracy would you be giving up for all of this store TP? Probably so much it'd be the same, if not worse than a 6 hit build.

He's talking about Samurai Roll.

But you're right, it would be worthless to try and get better than a 6-hit because even though you would technically take less hits, you would have to swing more times to get those hits because of diminished ACC.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-08 23:53:54
Link | Citer | R

If you need a cor to cap acc or get close enough in xp... fail!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-08 23:54:53
Link | Citer | R

Tails said:
Dasva said:
Idk something about a potential AOE +50 store tp just seems nifty

How much haste + accuracy would you be giving up for all of this store TP? Probably so much it'd be the same, if not worse than a 6 hit build.

seeing as cor can't do haste 0
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-08 23:59:32
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:
If you need a cor to cap acc or get close enough in xp... fail!

fact. Whether its my mnk (dual wield/h2h category) or my tomoe sam (2hand, at 256 skill), I don't need acc food or acc roll/song in bird parties, and pizza+1 does the job on mamools.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-10-09 00:03:10
Link | Citer | R

They can do DA+, Which is a shitty haste, my point is you lose the potential of other rolls, weighing your options is probably not worth it.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-10-09 00:11:32
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:
Also seen same sam 3step light with only meditate and sekka. Maybe should learn your own job better?

You can do solo 3way light with a standard 6 hit as well.

As for the +50 store tp, yeah it sounds cool, but it will at most chop off one hit off the standard sam build most of the time, not sure about other 2h's. Not to mention the whole inconsistency of, if the roll wears off between ws's, it pretty much has minimal benefit for those rounds.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-09 01:05:29
Link | Citer | R

Tarowyn said:
Dasva said:
Also seen same sam 3step light with only meditate and sekka. Maybe should learn your own job better?

You can do solo 3way light with a standard 6 hit as well.

As for the +50 store tp, yeah it sounds cool, but it will at most chop off one hit off the standard sam build most of the time, not sure about other 2h's. Not to mention the whole inconsistency of, if the roll wears off between ws's, it pretty much has minimal benefit for those rounds.

Perhaps but it is harder and damn cors and there not keeping there rolls up
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-10-09 01:19:49
Link | Citer | R

It's not significantly harder.

And it's not about keeping up rolls, even if you're overlaying rather then letting them run out to reapply, the first roll will generally not be enough to cut off a hit, you'll have to double up to actually get store tp to a level where it has an effect so all you have to do is get a hit in there.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 01:22:04
Link | Citer | R

Also the WS +% rate is lower than advertised as gained by an X-hit
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-09 10:02:27
Link | Citer | R

I'd say Hachiman or Hachiman +1 if you're using GK. If you're using Polearm and have Usukane feet, you can use Dusk and still get a 5-hit build.
 Quetzalcoatl.Thalos
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Thalos 2009-10-09 10:23:57
Link | Citer | R

Tbest said:
I'd say Hachiman or Hachiman +1 if you're using GK. If you're using Polearm and have Usukane feet, you can use Dusk and still get a 5-hit build.

This.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 11:47:16
Link | Citer | R

Tbest said:

5hit build from just usu feet? Maybe ghetto 5-hit(depending on ws return and not getting feather tickled), but that does not give you a true 5hit
 Odin.Hyperius
Serveur: Odin
user: Hyperius
By Odin.Hyperius 2009-10-09 11:53:35
Link | Citer | R

unforgiveable...lol at vegetto's pic
 Ragnarok.Faiye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2009-10-09 12:11:17
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:
Dasva said:
Why? Sam can 5hit solo I have seen it. And calculated it. Also seen same sam 3step light with only meditate and sekka. Maybe should learn your own job better?

The only way you'll ever get a 5-hit build with GK is if:

A)You have Amanomurakumo.
B)You have Futsuno Mitama.
C)You have Pachipachio.
D)You have Sukesada (Lol)
E)You're using Ito.
F)You have no idea about the fundamentals of SAM, or for that matter any DD.

You forgot about Rindomaru, pretty easy to get 5-hit with that.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-09 12:22:01
Link | Citer | R

I never said it'd be a true 5-hit with just Hachi feet. But, if you're using Polearm and are /war or /drg you're probably going to get hit once even if you get tickled after a WS which will put you at 100% for your WS. Otherwise, you'll still get the WS even if your first hit misses.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 12:45:35
Link | Citer | R

Tbest said:
I never said it'd be a true 5-hit with just Hachi feet. But, if you're using Polearm and are /war or /drg you're probably going to get hit once even if you get tickled after a WS which will put you at 100% for your WS. Otherwise, you'll still get the WS even if your first hit misses.

Tue x-hit always > ghetto xhit.
Should have at least labeled it ghetto 5hit lol. Most ppl by reading that would be under the impression that you meant actual 5hit.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-09 12:48:44
Link | Citer | R

lol... There's really no difference to it when you're fighting though tbh. Either you have TP from the previous WS or you get hit once. Either way, you have TP for another WS after 5 hits and only Hachi feet.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 12:52:17
Link | Citer | R

Lol everyone says that and i've been in pts w/ ghetto 5hits w/ my true 5hit and the number of ws' we've fired off at the end of the party is a noticeable diff, even when we're sporting the same hitrate and haste.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-09 12:57:57
Link | Citer | R

*Shrugs.* The only time it will affect your TP on a Polearm is if you fail so hard that you missed 2-3 of your Penta hits w/ low Store TP on your ws set. If that's the case, you shouldn't be going for a 5-hit anyway.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-09 12:59:52
Link | Citer | R

I'm not saying it doesn't work at all. I'm just saying true 5-hit > false 5hit, every time, even if only a smidge.
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2009-10-09 13:33:28
Link | Citer | R

To the OP, i would prefer if you would work your way to getting Askar Korazin, to equip it full time with brutal earring and rajas ring to keep your 6 hit build, if you have fully merited your sTP. This way you can equip dusk gloves to give you the added haste, over using hachiman kote's. This is the build that most SAM's that i know of take.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-10-09 18:47:46
Link | Citer | R

Except that Askar pretty much sucks for sam if you don't have the accuracy to support it.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-09 19:09:15
Link | Citer | R

To Vegetto's point I use a half-assed 5-hit that depends on hitting a certain number of Penta hits and it really sucks when it lets you down. I don't have full Usu so my 5-hit consists of Usu feet, Rajas, Brutal and Rose which leaves me needing 22TP for every WS to make it work, but allows Dusk hands instead of needing Hachi. Just a personal judgment call for me.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-09 19:11:25
Link | Citer | R

Satanas said:
To the OP, i would prefer if you would work your way to getting Askar Korazin, to equip it full time with brutal earring and rajas ring to keep your 6 hit build, if you have fully merited your sTP. This way you can equip dusk gloves to give you the added haste, over using hachiman kote's. This is the build that most SAM's that i know of take.

Holy *** *** no. Askar Korazin is for DRGs and Amano SAMs with no Usukane.

Rose, Rajas, Brutal along with Ecphoria Ring during TP phase is the best non-Usukane 6-hit you can get. Dusk Gloves + Rose > Hachi hands + Pole
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-10-12 04:20:22
Link | Citer | R

Faiye said:
Enternius said:
Dasva said:
Why? Sam can 5hit solo I have seen it. And calculated it. Also seen same sam 3step light with only meditate and sekka. Maybe should learn your own job better?

The only way you'll ever get a 5-hit build with GK is if:

A)You have Amanomurakumo.
B)You have Futsuno Mitama.
C)You have Pachipachio.
D)You have Sukesada (Lol)
E)You're using Ito.
F)You have no idea about the fundamentals of SAM, or for that matter any DD.

You forgot about Rindomaru, pretty easy to get 5-hit with that.

or Nanatsusayanotachi, Ikishoten Merits, and crappy acc.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-12 04:24:15
Link | Citer | R

Sammitch said:
or Nanatsusayanotachi, Ikishoten Merits, and crappy acc.

Lol the only problem with that is with crappy acc you can miss the zanshin hit pretty easy too lol. If only you cuold like change your acc inbetween or something. Or found the right % that nets you a bit more on average
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-12 04:57:03
Link | Citer | R

I still think its cool they named a great katana after me :X

lmao jk.

And i actually have a great question concerning hit builds, i got that rose strap that gives Store TP+20 within campaign and began having a little fun with my soboro for shits and giggles. I was landing 20 TP a hit on the nose which made it pretty hilarious. (Keep in mind this is in campaign)

I was like hmm, i wonder how far i can push it and if i can actually get a 4 hit in campaign which would be effin sweet. So i pulled out the lolRindomaru i got for the hell of it with +15 store TP and put on the askar korazzin and chiv chain for even more lulz.

I took a swing and..... 20 TP... i just added almost 21+ more Store TP... is there a cap on it like haste or accuracy? Because i want to assume there is. I want to assume it can be broken with a Corsair.

I haven't done much research on this and i found it interesting. Any thoughts?

PS) i know that +21~ Store TP wouldn't have taken me to a full 25 but i just wanted to see how close i could get.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-12 05:00:37
Link | Citer | R

The hard cap from gear/JA sTP is 51. That does NOT include the trait or merits so the definitive cap is 86. Basically no matter what job you're on, if you had Brutal Earring and got an 11 Samurai Roll with a SAM in the party, your sTP is capped.

Kinda sucks, I had to find that out the hard way also.
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-12 05:02:48
Link | Citer | R

See that's what i thought, So basically a 4-hit isn't actually possible?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-12 05:07:00
Link | Citer | R

Not with a GK, no. Not even with a 480-Delay GK. You'd still cap at 24.1 TP.

You'd need a 497-delay weapon to breach 4-hit.