Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 131 132 133
By Viciouss 2018-11-06 19:47:51
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
Viciouss said: »
Odin.Slore said: »
Cant deny this one it’s on video

Rampant election fraud in Texas.

Stopped reading at "James OKeefe" lol.

In unsurprising news, Elizabeth Warren is cruising to re-election. GOP didn't put much into defeating her, she was never in danger.

It's video proof how do you deny that? lol

The same way every single Project Veritas video has been cast aside. No really, all of them have been proven fake, without exception. Just add this one to the list.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-06 20:22:09
Link | Citer | R

CJ advocating for violence, yet again.....
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-06 20:50:21
Link | Citer | R

Early signs point to a split Congress. Trackers indicate a >95% chance that Republicans keep the Senate, >95% chance that Dems take the House.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-11-06 20:52:55
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much the expected result, Fox is already calling the House. It was an impossible Senate map for the Dems.
By Nausi 2018-11-06 20:59:23
Link | Citer | R

Nate silver is saying 90% certainty Repubs hold the house
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-11-06 21:05:58
Link | Citer | R

senate? They added 2 seats in senate to republican side
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-06 21:07:51
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much the expected result, Fox is already calling the House. It was an impossible Senate map for the Dems.

Impossible? That's not how the talking heads have been treating it.

All I'm interested in is at this point is whether or not my Senate predictions from a month ago will still hold. So far so good!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-06 21:08:08
Link | Citer | R

Yeah Republicans got the Senate on lock, already 49 seats declared, plenty left in play and they only need to win one more. The house is an interesting one to watch, Democrats definitely gaining some ground but not the tidal wave they predicted. If it's split it's going to be by a small margin.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-06 21:09:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

All I'm interested in is at this point is whether or not my Senate predictions from a month ago will still hold. So far so good!

Yeah the usual suspects were declaring a blue tidal wave that would give Democrats control of both houses.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-06 21:11:39
Link | Citer | R

Florida Senate is looking to be the only foil to my predictions. It's a nail biter right now.
By Viciouss 2018-11-06 21:11:43
Link | Citer | R

Who?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-06 21:14:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Yeah the usual suspects were declaring a blue tidal wave that would give Democrats control of both houses.

And on that note, I saw a number of articles about the huge voter registration boom from the "Taylor Swift effect" and how it was going to turn the tide in Tennessee. This just in: Marsha Blackburn won. Womp womp.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-11-06 21:14:52
Link | Citer | R

Florida Senate is looking to be the only foil to my predictions. It's a nail biter right now.

Texas is also really close.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-06 21:15:42
Link | Citer | R

Who?

I was literally watching CNN at lunchtime today (not by choice) when they were talking about the Dems having a good shot at flipping the Senate. There was no mention of "impossible".
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-06 21:16:02
Link | Citer | R

Dems have gained 9 of the 23 they need to win the house, so while it's no where near certain it's very likely they are going to have a slim control on the house.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-06 21:16:59
Link | Citer | R

Define "close". The NYT practically has Cruz on lock.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-11-06 21:18:46
Link | Citer | R

Texas called for cruz comfortably. They held he last 25% just so they could make it a horse race.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-06 21:23:01
Link | Citer | R

Define "close". The NYT practically has Cruz on lock.

Their about to take Florida and Texas and have picked up two other sets, that would put them at 51 and there are several others to happen. Republicans are going to walk out with more senate seats then they started. Missouri is an interesting one, it kept flipping back and forth.

Dems got 12/23 so it's almost guaranteed once the heavy west coast area's start reporting it.
By fonewear 2018-11-06 21:30:56
Link | Citer | R

Bernie Sanders could be 234 years old and still get re elected...Vermont is a hell hole.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-11-06 21:31:28
Link | Citer | R

My state is no better my senator is an *** that doesn't do anything...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-11-06 21:32:42
Link | Citer | R

As much as it sucks to lose the House, my main concern was keeping the Senate. Our already useless Congress may be deadlocked, but the judicial appointments can keep rolling in.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-06 21:33:16
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Bernie Sanders could be 234 years old and still get re elected...Vermont is a hell hole.

Most of the New England area is like that, huge amount of arrogance. California can be bad but at least their arrogance is on a more laid back side, they casually lord themselves over everyone else. It's the urban metro effect in action.
By Viciouss 2018-11-06 21:36:36
Link | Citer | R

Who?

I was literally watching CNN at lunchtime today (not by choice) when they were talking about the Dems having a good shot at flipping the Senate. There was no mention of "impossible".

Probably just partisans you see on those channels, i havent seen any projections that said the Senate wasnt heavily favored for the GOP. If Trump was doing a good job, with this map he could have picked up 7 or 8 seats. It shouldnt be this close.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-06 21:38:06
Link | Citer | R

As much as it sucks to lose the House, my main concern was keeping the Senate. Our already useless Congress may be deadlocked, but the judicial appointments can keep rolling in.

Missouri and Arizona keep flipping back and forth as different precincts report in. Such dramatic swings are indicative that it's really about rural vs urban culture with a sprinkling of pro/anti Trump on top.

I think everyone's mistake was thinking that because "Trump won area X in 2016" that area would automatically side with Republicans / Democrats. President Trump was an anomaly resulting from Democrats sheer arrogance and Republican incompetence.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-11-06 21:43:44
Link | Citer | R

Looks like Kris Kobach lost in Kansas, and Bruce Rauner lost in Illinois. Wisconsin is too close to call.
By clearlyamule 2018-11-06 21:45:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

[+]
By Viciouss 2018-11-06 21:57:34
Link | Citer | R

I guess Ocasio-Cortez routed her opponent to becone the youngest female Congressmen, not even 30 years old.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-06 22:01:35
Link | Citer | R

So looks like it will be 53 or 54 Republican Majority in Senate.
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 131 132 133