Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 131 132 133
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-30 09:02:00
Link | Citer | R

ERrrr, I realized what I said, could be taken as "Say "no more family"", totally not what I meant.

Also, terrible picture.
By fonewear 2018-10-30 09:41:28
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
ERrrr, I realized what I said, could be taken as "Say "no more family"", totally not what I meant.

Also, terrible picture.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-30 09:42:05
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-30 09:44:49
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-30 10:32:06
Link | Citer | R

Best haircut of all time:

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-30 11:49:29
Link | Citer | R

Pence faces fury for 'rabbi' who said Jesus is the ‘Messiah’ during Pittsburgh prayer
Washington Examiner - consistently conservative

Quote:
Vice President Mike Pence and GOP congressional candidate Lena Epstein face backlash after appearing on stage Monday with a "rabbi" who called Jesus the “Messiah."

At a campaign event in Detroit, Loren Jacobs led a prayer for the victims of the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting, which left 11 people dead. "God of Abraham, God of Isaac, God of Jacob, God and father of my lord and savior Yeshua, Jesus the Messiah, and my God and father, too," Jacobs said as he prayed.

Jacobs is a "senior rabbi" for an organization that considers itself a "Messianic synagogue" and believes Jesus is the Messiah.

Bend the Arc, a Jewish Action group, condemned Pence, calling the display "another attack" from the Trump administration....
Can't make this crap up.
By Nausi 2018-10-30 11:56:56
Link | Citer | R

14th ammendment in no way was intended to convey citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants. It was expressly written to give citizenship to slaves and the language was of the intent to prohibit citizenship to the ambassadors and foreign dignitaries that existed at the time. It was not intended to give citizenship to native Americans, as they weren’t subject to american law but tribal law instead.

There is a strong legal case for what Trump argues, so lets get it up to the SJC.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-30 11:58:33
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Pence faces fury for 'rabbi' who said Jesus is the ‘Messiah’ during Pittsburgh prayer

Quote:
Vice President Mike Pence and GOP congressional candidate Lena Epstein face backlash after appearing on stage Monday with a "rabbi" who called Jesus the “Messiah."

At a campaign event in Detroit, Loren Jacobs led a prayer for the victims of the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting, which left 11 people dead. "God of Abraham, God of Isaac, God of Jacob, God and father of my lord and savior Yeshua, Jesus the Messiah, and my God and father, too," Jacobs said as he prayed.

Jacobs is a "senior rabbi" for an organization that considers itself a "Messianic synagogue" and believes Jesus is the Messiah.

Bend the Arc, a Jewish Action group, condemned Pence, calling the display "another attack" from the Trump administration....
Can't make this crap up.
So Pence, and by association, Trump, is at fault for a Rabbi making a claim about Jesus being their own Messiah??? Is that the problem?

Also, from what I recall fro my teachings and dating a Jewish girl, the Messiah still hasn't come, correct? And depending on the belief, some say Jesus was a Rabbi and follow his teachings too, but definetly not the Messiah.

Feel free to DM me Chanti so we don't derail too much.
By Viciouss 2018-10-30 12:11:17
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
14th ammendment in no way was intended to convey citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants. It was expressly written to give citizenship to slaves and the language was of the intent to prohibit citizenship to the ambassadors and foreign dignitaries that existed at the time. It was not intended to give citizenship to native Americans, as they weren’t subject to american law but tribal law instead.

There is a strong legal case for what Trump argues, so lets get it up to the SJC.

No chance of it getting to the SCOTUS, it will be blocked the day it is issued (if its issued at all), and the SCOTUS won't even agree to hear it. "Intention of the amendment" is irrelevant, the POTUS does not have the authority to amend the Constitution. It isn't even a partisan argument, he is well out of bounds. Its just a giant eyeroll.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-10-30 12:19:16
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »

No chance of it getting to the SCOTUS, it will be blocked the day it is issued (if its issued at all), and the SCOTUS won't even agree to hear it. "Intention of the amendment" is irrelevant, the POTUS does not have the authority to amend the Constitution. It isn't even a partisan argument, he is well out of bounds. Its just a giant eyeroll.

It’s settled case law:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Wong_Kim_Ark

Imagine if Obama was all “I’m gunna repeal the 2A by EO hur hur dur what’s a Congress?”
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-30 12:25:49
Link | Citer | R

Zerowone said: »
Imagine if Obama was all “I’m gunna repeal the 2A by EO hur hur dur what’s a Congress?”
So here is a list of EOs he signed.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/01/16/here-are-the-23-executive-orders-on-gun-safety-signed-today-by-the-president/#25f0b72d2312

Not a ban or repeal of 2nd, but certainly a ONE way approach.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-30 12:26:58
Link | Citer | R

The mental health EOs signed by B are good.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-30 12:27:32
Link | Citer | R

So Pence, and by association, Trump, is at fault for a Rabbi making a claim about Jesus being their own Messiah??? Is that the problem?

Also, from what I recall fro my teachings and dating a Jewish girl, the Messiah still hasn't come, correct? And depending on the belief, some say Jesus was a Rabbi and follow his teachings too, but definetly not the Messiah.

Feel free to DM me Chanti so we don't derail too much.
No. Yes. He was. I for one do. DM sent.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-10-30 12:32:26
Link | Citer | R

Also which one of y’all killed Whitey Bulger?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-10-30 12:38:38
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Quote:

Can't make this crap up.

Its a problem for the community because they had a giant list of recognized rabbi's to choose from and they picked some guy from a fringe group.

The whole thing is a botch for the administration, they told Trump not to come today, the first day of funerals, because they didn't want to deal with the circus of having a President in town. But he came anyway, not caring, because this was the only day that he could "fit it in." He has campaigning to do.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-30 12:39:04
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
"Intention of the amendment" is irrelevant

Well, that's one of the last things I thought I'd hear a liberal say.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-30 12:40:27
Link | Citer | R

ME! Damn white males!! All their privilege!!! Getting that free food and free housing!!!!

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-30 12:43:16
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
ME! Damn white males!! All their privilege!!! Getting that free food and free housing!!!!
Three hots and a cot away, Mr. Skullhead. Just walk into a church and start shootin'.
I heard they don't have ladies there though...so there is that...
By Viciouss 2018-10-30 12:45:17
Link | Citer | R

He was 89 years old, he probably arranged the hit on himself just to put him out of his misery. Why were they even moving him I wonder.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-30 12:47:05
Link | Citer | R

Three hots and a cot away, Mr. Skullhead. Just walk into a church and start shootin'.
I heard they don't have ladies there though...so there is that...
I hear they have nice butch lady jailers.
Not my cup of tea XD
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-30 13:14:57
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Bee Movie in morse code:

YouTube Video Placeholder
Now take this and remix it into a song
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-30 13:19:09
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Best haircut of all time:

"O" rly?
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-30 13:22:56
Link | Citer | R

She looks like this could be a younger picture of Princess Superstar in this video lol
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-30 13:41:14
Link | Citer | R

At that time there wasn't really any "illegal immigrants" and the language is written to make anyone born on US soil a citizen by birth. Traveling used to take many months so the concept of an "anchor baby" as a way to bypass immigration laws didn't exist either.

You would have greater success arguing for the removal of the 2nd Amendment then the 14th as the 14th's is iron plated in it's simplicity. Instead remove the incentive to use an anchor baby, that the mother can submit paperwork as the both beneficiary of legal status and as the petitioner for that beneficiary. Specifically the newborn baby petitions UCIS for legal status for the illegal mother requesting an hardship exemption because separation from the mother would bring extreme hardship on the US citizen baby. The mother signs for the baby as the babies legal guardian, she also signs for herself. This paperwork creates an immigration case that takes ~years~ to finish and it usually results in legal status being granted by an immigration judge.

I would propose to make that situation impossible, the beneficiary can not be the legal guardian of an infant petitioner and that specific exemption would no longer be considered. The baby would still be 100% a US citizen and would go into foster care or be given to an adoption agency. If the mother doesn't want to do that then herself and the baby are deported together. The baby can always be admitted but the mother can't be.

Would do away with the entire point of an "anchor baby".
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 131 132 133