Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 131 132 133
By fonewear 2018-10-04 17:58:08
Link | Citer | R

*** it the entire album is great:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-10-04 18:05:21
Link | Citer | R

Was standing behind an open carry guy at Walmart the other day. The gun probably weighed more than he did. He turned around to put his stuff on the belt and I saw he was wearing a Dunkin Donuts work uniform. I remember thinking that he must work at a pretty hardcore location. At least now I know how they put the holes in the donuts.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-04 18:29:27
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
The issue with Hawaii's law is that it error'd on the side of denying Constitutional rights, which is a big no-no. Instead the law should of been written that all applicants will be granted unless there is sufficient reason to deny. "I don't think you need a gun" isn't sufficient reason.
I was in a drive through and skimmed it, but yeah, I agree with you.

Hawaii's current law is a borderline weapons ban, it wouldn't survive a Supreme Court review, especially after next week. It only allows you to have a gun outside your home if it's being transported to and from a location to use it, like a range, and then it must be unloaded and kept in a locked case. To be allowed to transport it outside of that restriction you need to obtain special permission for an exception from the local Chief of Police.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-04 19:11:05
Link | Citer | R

Guns are highly useful not just for killing people:

[+]
By Viciouss 2018-10-04 19:12:08
Link | Citer | R

Funny thing is, people act like this is the last chance at getting a conservative Justice, shows lack of faith in Republican voters and regardless of what happens with the Senate and Trump, Democrats WILL NOT hold the White House till 2021 at the earliest.

...meaning future nominee will likely also be conservative, it's foolish to thing a democratic Senate could drag out supreme court nominations for two years or more.

Thats silly, if the Dems take the Senate, Trump won't be filling ANY judicial seats. He can nominate whoever he wants, Schumer would never even have hearings, much less bring the votes to the floor. That's exactly what McConnell did, and there would be nothing Trump could do about it except throw tantrums for his last 2 years in office.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-04 19:12:55
Link | Citer | R

you wrote 6 wrong
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-04 19:50:16
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
At least now I know how they put the holes in the donuts.

you wish that was how!
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-04 20:35:51
Link | Citer | R

Revenge isn't the best reason to become religious, but I guess that's CJ for ya.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-10-04 20:58:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Revenge isn't the best reason to become religious, but I guess that's CJ for ya.

Random Factoid: At time of the writing of the Divine Comedia it was popular belief that Muhammed was a Catholic Bishop/Cardinal who was passed over on being the Pope. He was so enraged that he created Islam out of spite.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-05 00:17:34
Link | Citer | R

Zerowone said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Random Factoid: At time of the writing of the Divine Comedia it was popular belief that Muhammed was a Catholic Bishop/Cardinal who was passed over on being the Pope. He was so enraged that he created Islam out of spite.

Huh. I'd heard of Muhammad having links to Catholicism, but nothing about him actually being a high-ranking Catholic. Then again, given the myriad of theories there are out there about him, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he founded the Illuminati too.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-05 07:56:17
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Thats silly, if the Dems take the Senate, Trump won't be filling ANY judicial seats. He can nominate whoever he wants, Schumer would never even have hearings, much less bring the votes to the floor. That's exactly what McConnell did, and there would be nothing Trump could do about it except throw tantrums for his last 2 years in office.

Candlejack said: »
I pray to God this happens. Repukes have it coming for what they did with Merrick Garland.
See what I meant Anna? lol. NO offense to CJ or Vic.

And yes, Open Carry isn't the best option, has few niche good reasons, but its better than NO CARRY.

The neat thing about that 9th Circuit Ruling, I believe it would conflict with other Circuit Rulings, even after the appeal, so maybe the SC could take it up. Really hoping to get rid of the "reasonable reason" clause of laws, or allow Self Defense to be a reasonable reason.

I think next year I will apply for ht DC Permit. Expensive and such that it IS, BUT at least I can carry in DC. Would still leave MD out for now. And for that, I'll prolly buy a Tazer for Christmas instead of a new Pew Pew Box.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-05 08:13:16
Link | Citer | R

Repukes have it coming

[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-05 08:15:41
Link | Citer | R

Brett to Senate Democrats:

[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-05 08:17:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Was standing behind an open carry guy at Walmart the other day. The gun probably weighed more than he did. He turned around to put his stuff on the belt and I saw he was wearing a Dunkin Donuts work uniform. I remember thinking that he must work at a pretty hardcore location. At least now I know how they put the holes in the donuts.

I couldn't let this go:

By fonewear 2018-10-05 08:21:11
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Funny thing is, people act like this is the last chance at getting a conservative Justice, shows lack of faith in Republican voters and regardless of what happens with the Senate and Trump, Democrats WILL NOT hold the White House till 2021 at the earliest.

...meaning future nominee will likely also be conservative, it's foolish to thing a democratic Senate could drag out supreme court nominations for two years or more.

I pray to God this happens. Repukes have it coming for what they did with Merrick Garland.

Won't someone PLEASE think of Merrick Garland... ! I'm pretty sure I saw him as missing on a Wal Mart poster.
By fonewear 2018-10-05 08:21:41
Link | Citer | R

I don't know who Garland is but if CJ likes him he is probably an ***.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-05 08:34:34
Link | Citer | R

Dems should have just kept their mouths shut about the entire FBI investigation. FBI report claims friends of Ford, one of which is a retired fbi agent "URGED" Leland Keyser to change her statement to more "reflect" what Ford was saying.

Quote:
Keyser told the investigators that she was -- as the Journal notes -- urged to clarify her statement by Monica McLean, a former FBI agent and friend of Ford’s, the paper reported, citing people familiar with the matter.

McLean’s lawyer denied his client tried to influence Keyser to change her account, calling it “absolutely false.”

“Any notion or claim that Ms. McLean pressured Leland Keyser to alter Ms. Keyser’s account of what she recalled concerning the alleged incident between Dr. Ford and Brett Kavanaugh is absolutely false,” attorney David Laufman said in a statement to Fox News.

A person close to the former classmates told the Journal she believed mutual friends of both Ford and Keyser – including McLean – simply reached out to Keyser to warn her that her statement was being used by Republicans as vindication for Kavanagh and if she felt she needed to clarify what she meant, she should.

Link to storylink here
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-05 08:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Is the Federal Judiciary Center a part of the American Bar Association? Grassley just credited the "well qualified" thing to the ABA.

He also effectively said his record with the ABA is flawless....which isn't exactly true considering the 2006 questions.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-05 08:46:57
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
fonewear said: »
I don't know who Garland is but if CJ likes him he is probably an ***.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Garland_(Final_Fantasy)

He is in an ***.
He will knock you down.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-05 08:50:53
Link | Citer | R

Maybe we will be in luck and hear Chuck Schumer cry.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-05 08:56:21
Link | Citer | R

Feinstein: "Bla bla bla I don't like regular citizens having guns"
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-05 09:05:30
Link | Citer | R

Won't someone please think of the Muslims ! *
By fonewear 2018-10-05 09:10:14
Link | Citer | R

Crying Chuck

[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-05 09:11:59
Link | Citer | R

Last time Chuck cried that hard they ran out of Bagels and Matza Ball soup !
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-05 09:14:04
Link | Citer | R

Chuck Schumer wouldn't know an average American if one came up and bit him in the face.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-05 09:17:32
Link | Citer | R

"So I say to/ask my colleagues on the other side..."

This is what futility sounds like.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix