Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 131 132 133

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-10-02 14:11:36
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
fonewear said: »
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
I double dog dare you to watch all 10 hours.. I watched about 20 seconds.
I listened to about 8-9 hours of it.

I watched it till I realized the swimsuit portion of her testimony was cancelled.

Oh ... that's why you wanted to watch the senate hearing of Hillary Clinton. Sir, something is very wrong with you.

beer goggles
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-02 14:17:25
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Nausi 2018-10-02 14:22:03
Link | Citer | R

The media are digging into a dry hole, and they know it.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-02 14:29:36
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
Maybe they are trying to find a glory hole. =D
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-10-02 14:49:51
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
Maybe they are trying to find a glory hole. =D
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-02 15:22:08
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-02 16:24:29
Link | Citer | R

I double dog dare you to watch all 10 hours.. I watched about 20 seconds.
I listened to about 8-9 hours of it.
/comfort
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 16:54:06
Link | Citer | R

Lindsey Graham wants Trump to renominate Kavanaugh if he doesn't get confirmed. Republicans are already facing a potential loss of house majority and Graham wants to pull this ***.

I don't know what Graham is trying to prove, seems like he made himself look like a fool and instead of walking it back, he's just doubling down.
By Viciouss 2018-10-02 16:58:11
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Lindsey Graham wants Trump to renominate Kavanaugh if he doesn't get confirmed. Republicans are already facing a potential loss of house majority and Graham wants to pull this ***.

I don't know what Graham is trying to prove, seems like he made himself look like a fool and instead of walking it back, he's just doubling down.

Yeah, that's a great idea. I hope they go with that.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-02 16:58:47
Link | Citer | R

I don't know about this blue wave. The republican base is pretty angry and looked what happened in 2016 when that happened. I think many people are going to be surprised next month with republicans coming out on top. It also does not help the dems cause that liberal sites are saying that dems are going to crush republicans in November. That makes people stay how because they think others have it covered.

We shall see in 36 days.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-10-02 17:06:10
Link | Citer | R

NY Times article is blowing up, Trump tax fraud scheme.
State of New York is already investigating. It even made the top headline at Fox, though I'm sure it won't last long, they will make up a positive story soon enough.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-10-02 17:08:57
Link | Citer | R

HAHA. I quote fox to show something and you say it's a bad site, when it fits your narrative its a good site. You're to much Vic.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 17:09:09
Link | Citer | R

Oklahoma has always been a Bible state, no strong beer, no weed, etc. Both are now legal here after voting. Things have started to slowly sway in a liberal direction. I don't see Oklahoma turning blue but if the most ***-backwards state with the least liked governor is any indication, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the house flipped.

Oklahoma is very behind the times.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-02 17:10:03
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
I don't know about this blue wave. The republican base is pretty angry and looked what happened in 2016 when that happened. I think many people are going to be surprised next month with republicans coming out on top. It also does not help the dems cause that liberal sites are saying that dems are going to crush republicans in November. That makes people stay how because they think others have it covered.

We shall see in 36 days.

Even CNN was reporting today that the generic ballot vote is tightening. I don't count chickens before they hatch, but I'll be doing some poll analysis in the coming weeks. I was right about the state polls in 2016, but I can't tell yet if my methods were actually right or if the whole thing was just an anomaly.
By Viciouss 2018-10-02 17:10:35
Link | Citer | R

HAHA. I quote fox to show something and you say it's a bad site, when it fits your narrative its a good site. You're to much Vic.

lol, whooshed.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-10-02 17:11:16
Link | Citer | R

When fox prints or airs something negative about Trump that's news in itself.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 17:12:42
Link | Citer | R

I feel like the left didn't take Trump seriously and that's how he won, completely ignoring the shortcomings of Hillary Clinton.

Bernie probably stood a better chance, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz *** the left.

There was no right choice in 2016.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-02 17:13:47
Link | Citer | R

I feel like the left didn't take Trump seriously and that's how he won, completely ignoring the shortcomings of Hillary Clinton.

If that's true, they don't seem to be learning from it.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 17:14:13
Link | Citer | R

Btw, you can't buy a car on Sunday in Oklahoma. Weird ***.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-10-02 17:15:38
Link | Citer | R

It took the FBI to allow Trump to narrowly squeak by, he is going to be the weakest incumbent ever in 2020. All the Dems have to do is take back Michigan and Pennsylvania. Two blue states go blue and he is out.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-02 17:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
State of New York is already investigating. It even made the top headline at Fox, though I'm sure it won't last long, they will make up a positive story soon enough.

There isn't that much to say about it. I don't doubt for a second that there were some shady dealings, but I would say the same about practically any billionaire.

In any case, there is nothing criminally prosecutable. He might see some civil fines if they can actually prove any of this, but that's it.
By Viciouss 2018-10-02 17:19:02
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

There isn't that much to say about it. I don't doubt for a second that there were some shady dealings, but I would say the same about practically any billionaire.

In any case, there is nothing criminally prosecutable. He might see some civil fines if they can actually prove any of this, but that's it.

Since when is tax evasion not prosecutable? Somebody tell Wesley Snipes.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-02 17:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Since when is tax evasion not prosecutable? Somebody tell Wesley Snipes.

Um, it's in the Times article that you linked.

Quote:
The Times’s findings raise new questions about Mr. Trump’s refusal to release his income tax returns, breaking with decades of practice by past presidents. According to tax experts, it is unlikely that Mr. Trump would be vulnerable to criminal prosecution for helping his parents evade taxes, because the acts happened too long ago and are past the statute of limitations. There is no time limit, however, on civil fines for tax fraud.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 17:24:39
Link | Citer | R

It took the FBI to allow Trump to narrowly squeak by, he is going to be the weakest incumbent ever in 2020. All the Dems have to do is take back Michigan and Pennsylvania. Two blue states go blue and he is out.
It wouldn't surprise me if another Republican attempts to run against Trump.

There's be a strategic point to such an attempt; Trump is vulnerable if the house flips, another Republican probably won't be, Trump is a weak incumbent as you said, another Republican may not be, meaning three consecutive terms of Republican presidency is easier as an incumbent usually has an upper hand.

The obvious down side would be splitting the Republican base, that said you would also be doing so with the assumption that there are more actual Republican voters than Trumper/Tea Pertiers. Unlikely, but possible.

Even though they may not show it, the Republican senators know Trump is damaging the Republican party, they are just powerless to do anything unless you are Flake and not seeking reelection.

Whatever happens, 2020 will be an odd election. This is assuming Trump is still in office in 2020, Pence might have it easier.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-10-02 17:27:53
Link | Citer | R

I hear a lot of people claiming that Pence would be "worse than Trump". I have yet to hear anyone form a coherent reason as to why that would be.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-10-02 17:29:30
Link | Citer | R

I hear a lot of people claiming that Pence would be "worse than Trump". I have yet to hear anyone form a coherent reason as to why that would be.
Pence is a politician with some form of experience, I don't see how he could be worse. A politician acts to win reelection, Trump just does whatever he wants.
By Viciouss 2018-10-02 17:33:51
Link | Citer | R

I don't think he would be worse than Trump, but his anti-gay stance is pathetic. I mean, did you see this today? US Halts visas for gay partners of diplomats Why did this happen? Hate.
By Viciouss 2018-10-02 17:34:35
Link | Citer | R

The only GOPer that could run and actually win is Kasich.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 131 132 133