Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » September 2018 Version Update
September 2018 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 27 28 29
By hobo 2018-09-11 01:04:46
Link | Citer | R

Sooo it turns out having multiple things being upgraded splits your RP gain during the dyna run. The rdm was getting 20 rp a kill on his neck, I was getting 10 rp for my dagger and neck.

More of an annoyance than anything, but 1 run of wave1+2 is about enough to cap a neck by itself.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-11 02:26:44
Link | Citer | R

Good to know it's so "fast" to cap those augments.
They really need to find a way to remove the augs though, at least from the sellable items, so that you can sell them again even if you augmented them.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-11 03:09:19
Link | Citer | R

Emergency maintenance in an hour, about time.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-11 04:15:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Mcdonalds said: »
Lol this is so sad. Finally farmed everything for my 4th mythic. Choosing so carefully, waiting for the update and ....looks like I have 30k alex for sale on asura cause what's the point now? Lol

Us casual players just took one right in the butt.
I can understand and empathize with the feeling of frustration, but it doesn't really sound that bad?

I mean the Job Points method DOES sound that bad, I agree, but you still have the options of 30m damage which isn't terribly out of reach of an average but organized PUG?
If it turns out to be, you still have the option of farming gil to unlock a whole category through mercs. You're on Asura.
There will be competition, prices won't be insane in a few weeks and it will still take you less time and effort and frustration than going the JP route.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2018-09-11 04:34:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Mcdonalds said: »
Lol this is so sad. Finally farmed everything for my 4th mythic. Choosing so carefully, waiting for the update and ....looks like I have 30k alex for sale on asura cause what's the point now? Lol

Us casual players just took one right in the butt.
I can understand and empathize with the feeling of frustration, but it doesn't really sound that bad?

I mean the Job Points method DOES sound that bad, I agree, but you still have the options of 30m damage which isn't terribly out of reach of an average but organized PUG?
If it turns out to be, you still have the option of farming gil to unlock a whole category through mercs. You're on Asura.
There will be competition, prices won't be insane in a few weeks and it will still take you less time and effort and frustration than going the JP route.
I'm in the same boat, due to rl obligations (work and actually wanting to parent my kids) took me a year to finish my Yagrush, took me a year to master one job (which is pld, its not even whm lol). only being able to attend to dyna D like 2~3 (this not being wave 3 even)times a month and JP pts being out of the question cause of rl stuff, upgrading anything seems far out of my reach....
So yes, I'm that person you'll endlessly see killing mobs in woh and reisenjima and afking every 10 minutes lol untill the day the servers die.
Was slowly making a Carwenham for my BRD but dunno if I should even keep bothering.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-11 04:38:03
Link | Citer | R

But why not paying a merc group to unlock a category completely without the slightest effort?

Serious question, not trying to be an *** here.
I imagine prices certainly won't be that high in a couple weeks, with all the merc groups on Asura?

In comparison, given the gil value back then, people used to throw 10+ mils for Delve Wins back during the early days of SoA, this doesn't sound much different and with the lower value of gil I'm sure the amount merc groups will ask will be in line with the one back then.
Something any casual solo can totally afford with just a couple of weeks of moderate, laid back gil farming, not different from how casuals slowly farm for their Mythics / RMEAs.
Certainly much, much smoother, faster and efficient than farming 10k Job Points.

Or am I missing something entirely here? In which case I do apologize of course.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-11 04:38:52
Link | Citer | R

FYI, I started upgrading my Aeonic dagger last night. My THF is not master, and BRD/DNC are level 50. The only path that requires master is the JP path.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-11 04:48:12
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
What are the stats for upgraded aeonic dagger?
+6 base damage
+10% Exenterator Damage
Acc/Macc+30

All of these, in theory, work only if Aeneas is equipped main hand.
The WS augment should, again in theory, be the same as the old Mythic/Relic WS boost, which is different and more powerful than the WSD stat we find on items.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2018-09-11 04:49:32
Link | Citer | R

But why not paying a merc group to unlock a category completely without the slightest effort?

Serious question, not trying to be an *** here.
I imagine prices certainly won't be that high in a couple weeks, with all the merc groups on Asura?

In comparison, given the gil value back then, people used to throw 10+ mils for Delve Wins back during the early days of SoA, this doesn't sound much different and with the lower value of gil I'm sure the amount merc groups will ask will be in line with the one back then.
Something any casual solo can totally afford with just a couple of weeks of moderate, laid back gil farming, not different from how casuals slowly farm for their Mythics / RMEAs.
Certainly much, much smoother, faster and efficient than farming 10k Job Points.

Or am I missing something entirely here? In which case I do apologize of course.
I do help friends out who make a living out of mercing, yet I would never accept their money. On the other hand I would never pay a merc to do anything for me. Its called being pigheaded.
And also I dont really have means of making large amounts of gil easily, every expense I make is well thought of.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-11 04:58:24
Link | Citer | R

I don't really think it would take that much of gil honestly.
A few ambuscade runs and some laid back Salvage runs. Not much different from what most casual soloers already do when they slowly build, bit by bit, the 30k Alex for their Mythics.

I really don't understand your reasoning but hey, who am I to judge, I respect your choices, was just trying to understand it better.
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-09-11 05:08:49
Link | Citer | R

Can I pay a asura merc group to log me into the game. I just hate having to struggle thru the whole POL process/passwords and would like that to be taken care of. PM me here or ingame to discuss prices.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2018-09-11 05:16:58
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I noticed there's no reasoning with people when it comes to my playtimes. I play during EU mornings, sometimes I dont have to work but then the ambuscade yells are slow (and I only have a WHM to offer). at 11am my workday starts and it ends at 11pm (at which I'm too tired to play cause I have to be up for my kids at 7am). But true I'm logged in all day long, the advantage of being selfemployed, but its not suited to group up with other people.
Salvage ...drives me mad tbh, I do try and do it now and then, but to finance the BRD dagger.
I used to like doing dyna for gil (cause I can semi-afk Aeolian edge ws mobs in jeuno) but sadly its not very lucrative anymore and all the bots on Asura are making it hard.

I just stick around cause I love thise game, played it ever since I was pregnant of my son which is 12 years now. I just need to settle that I'll never be that top gear person, sometimes that itches. But heh....time to get back to work, enough whining for today :D
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-11 05:34:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vienner said: »
Yeah I noticed there's no reasoning with people when it comes to my playtimes. I play during EU mornings, sometimes I dont have to work but then the ambuscade yells are slow (and I only have a WHM to offer). at 11am my workday starts and it ends at 11pm (at which I'm too tired to play cause I have to be up for my kids at 7am). But true I'm logged in all day long, the advantage of being selfemployed, but its not suited to group up with other people.
Salvage ...drives me mad tbh, I do try and do it now and then, but to finance the BRD dagger.
I used to like doing dyna for gil (cause I can semi-afk Aeolian edge ws mobs in jeuno) but sadly its not very lucrative anymore and all the bots on Asura are making it hard.

I just stick around cause I love thise game, played it ever since I was pregnant of my son which is 12 years now. I just need to settle that I'll never be that top gear person, sometimes that itches. But heh....time to get back to work, enough whining for today :D

I run a Dynamis LS at 8am-ish your time.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-09-11 06:23:15
Link | Citer | R

So this maintenance was to fix geo/cor or just start the monthly campaigns? anybody tested geo/cor? sorry not in-game atm
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-09-11 06:31:17
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
So this maintenance was to fix geo/cor or just start the monthly campaigns? anybody tested geo/cor? sorry not in-game atm

Fixed. http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news25372.shtml
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2018-09-11 06:32:51
Link | Citer | R

they work now
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-09-11 07:10:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
Where is the Darkness Key item in the list? Temp? Perm? Fetters specifically give the key item? That's probably why I never seen it because I always avoid those.

PERM-

Once you get the Mithra Light Mask it allows you to upgrade ALL aeonics.

I would assume its the same for all zones. So even if you do the JP path its not 10k PER weapon, its 10k per category

10k = Aeonic
10k = Mythic
10k = Relic
10k = Empy
Nothing required to start = Su5

Then you just need the currency or RP (normal mobs to level it up)
Heroism Currency = Su5 Weapon/Neck Currency
Heroism Crystal = 10 RP
Heroism Aggregate = 50 RP

Astral Detritus = REMA Currency
S. Astral = 10 RP
M. Astral = 50 RP??
[+]
By Justuas 2018-09-11 07:29:55
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
They don't start monthly campaigns with maintenance
By Nyarlko 2018-09-11 08:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Good to know it's so "fast" to cap those augments.
They really need to find a way to remove the augs though, at least from the sellable items, so that you can sell them again even if you augmented them.

We've known since the very beginning when they announced the Div weapons/accessories (didn't say what slot those were for at the time,) that augmenting would make the items unsellable forever.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-11 08:35:50
Link | Citer | R

Nyarlko said: »
We've known since the very beginning when they announced the Div weapons/accessories (didn't say what slot those were for at the time,) that augmenting would make the items unsellable forever.
Not sure how my message implied it wasn't known before in any way :3
By zaxtiss 2018-09-11 08:40:10
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
What are the stats for upgraded aeonic dagger?
+6 base damage
+10% Exenterator Damage
Acc/Macc+30

All of these, in theory, work only if Aeneas is equipped main hand.
The WS augment should, again in theory, be the same as the old Mythic/Relic WS boost, which is different and more powerful than the WSD stat we find on items.
so i don't own a mythic and i didn't know the boost to them was different then the WSD%+ on other gears. does it work across all hits? if thats the case it Almace might be worth it then.
By Nariont 2018-09-11 08:42:00
Link | Citer | R

magian style WS+ augs worked on all hits, yes.
By zaxtiss 2018-09-11 09:27:55
Link | Citer | R

is there a augment list for all the SU4/5 weapons?
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-09-11 09:34:05
Link | Citer | R

Had 48 tolba's coffer and popped them all and got RMEA stones 4 times: boulder, beitetsu, beitetsu, pluton.

They all varied between 75~80 and the number did not show in log.
By BlaTheTaru 2018-09-11 10:20:12
Link | Citer | R

Popped 297 Strix coffers. I got just under or just over 300 of each type.
By Boshi 2018-09-11 10:33:38
Link | Citer | R

zaxtiss said: »
is there a augment list for all the SU4/5 weapons?

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-09-11 10:51:53
Link | Citer | R

In case anyone was wondering, you are only allowed to do one category per week via job point route.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-09-11 11:08:58
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
In case anyone was wondering, you are only allowed to do one category per week via job point route.

So category as in R E M or A? So we could be working multiple weapons at once? Sorry, Oboro was... Vague... I handed him my Chango and he gave me a dialogue where he snatched my Aeneas and gave it back so... (I was on WAR during the whole exchange) there’s presently no indication that anything is being progressed other than “you now are holding 700/10,000 JP” lol
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-09-11 11:12:21
Link | Citer | R

Mysterious Relic
Balrahn Mythic
Ancient Ergon
Secret Empyrean
Familiar Aeonic

You can spend only 700 JP per week. Tossed 700 into my aeonic and he didn't allow me to spend any more despite having more JP to spare.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 27 28 29