Single Target Damage

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Single Target Damage
Single Target Damage
By FichesAquarium 2018-07-27 15:23:48
Link | Citer | R

Which pet do you guys use for doing optimal single target damage?

This is disregarding mechanics, outside buffs and teammates.

Is it better to spam Razor Fang with Blackbeard or to do a self skillchain and magic burst with Patrick?

If you were to melee with your pet, would the best single target damage pet change?
 Asura.Verbannt
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-07-27 15:28:58
Link | Citer | R

Title had me thinking of something entirely different than bst, you should clarify the title to something less ambiguous.

Your title could apply to any job in the game not just bst.
By clearlyamule 2018-07-27 15:29:16
Link | Citer | R

So are you asking basically solo in situations where you aren't close to capping pdif?
By FichesAquarium 2018-07-27 15:33:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Verbannt said: »
Title had me thinking of something entirely different than bst, you should clarify the title to something less ambiguous.

Your title could apply to any job in the game not just bst.

Wasn't this posted in the beastmaster forum?
[+]
By FichesAquarium 2018-07-27 15:33:44
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
So are you asking basically solo in situations where you aren't close to capping pdif?

I don't know what pdif is, but yes in solo situations with at most trusts.
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-07-27 15:45:17
Link | Citer | R

I chain double darkness with the grasshopper and guttler and let Shantotto do the MBing because I don't have a MAB set.

Most of my WS could barely reach 10k damage. So the SC damage would be pretty low.

MAB set would probably do a lot better.
By FichesAquarium 2018-07-27 20:01:29
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have any input?
 Asura.Sirris
Serveur: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-08-21 10:17:34
Link | Citer | R

If it's weak to fire, self-SC spam with Patrick. This is how I do, like, most Reisenjima T1s.

If not then Blackbeard Randy.

But this isn't meleeing with my pet. I almost never do that since positioning at ~10' plus is more valuable to me. And I have a COR/GEO alt.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-09-10 14:41:24
Link | Citer | R

short version: Its Situational, but usually skillchaining w/ patrick is better damage.

You will almost always get batter damage doing skillchains.

ALOT more damage usually, but some nm's don't take much magic damage and the skilchains won't help.

BST does not TP fast enough that 'spamming' same skillchain is ever better.

Only if you were in a Large Group, fully buffed zerg fight would that be the case, and I've never been in one of those on BST.

If bst is in a zerg, you are using Unleash.

Patrick's ready moves are only slightly weaker than Razor Fang.
However, Patrick is very easy to make a 4 step skillchain with just pet. Its really easy to make it into a 6 step with master and pet.

As was mentioned earlier, if you use Shanttoto II trust, she will Burst ALOT while you are doing a 6 step.

Tegmina buffet does more damage than Razor Fang by alot, but it uses 2 charges, so you won't use it as often. but if you use Primal Rend > Tegmina Buffet for Darkness skillchain, you might be making up that damage with the skillchain damage.

Its typical to do 10k ws's and 10k razor fangs on perhaps apex mobs w/ trust party.
It would also be typical to do 20k Tegmina buffet.

if yo primal 10k > Tegmina 20k > Darkness 20k = 50k

That is a lot better than
Razor Fang 10k > Spinning Axe 8k > Liquefaction 4k > Razor Fang 10k > Fusion 7.5k = 40k

Same number of charges, first one is shorter and does more damage

with patrick, IF you are not interrupted (because 6 steps are long), I like to do this:

Calamity 12k > Block Head 10k > Reverberation 5k > Tail Blow 10k > Liquefaction 6k > Brain Crush 10k > Impaction 7k > Tail Blow 10k > Fusion 12.5k > Cloud Splitter 8k > Light 18k = 108.5k