July 2018 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 18 19 20
By Foxfire 2018-07-05 01:54:36
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Foxfire said: »
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Wait, which tome do the new synths require? I read it was the final escutcheon tome, but now it's just the Stage-3 tome?
Aurum tome is Stage 4 I think?
completed shield for aurum, yes

Yes, but the recipes page says
Code
This month's recipes use the existing "Argentum Tome" Key Item obtained when completing the level 3 Escutcheon shields.
where'd you read this? Version update notice by SE says the following:
Quote:
The July Version Update Has Landed! (07/05/2018)

Highlights this month include the addition of Wave 3 to Dynamis – Divergence and new equipment synthesizable by those in possession of Aurum Tomes.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-05 01:54:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
Equipment requiring the Superior 4 and Superior 5 gifts have been added.
These new pieces of equipment may be traded on the Auction House and require the appropriate Aurum Tomes to synthesize.
Stage 3 it is!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-05 01:55:00
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What are you talking about
don't start, i saw your blunder

Prove it princess
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-07-05 01:55:51
Link | Citer | R

I fixed the BG thread, copypasta fail. Sorry for the confusion.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-07-05 01:56:04
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
Wait, so the Drg neck boosts Wyvern level by 1? Why? The Wyvern does borderline nothing for Drg except for the occasional Healing Breaths, Sprit Link TP steals, or buffing the players through Empathy. Unless this level improvement helps one of these categories or makes the wyvern suddenly do a fortune of damage, then it is a borderline worthless neck.
Probably meant to be used in conjunction with the Aram, which adds 6% of wyvern's current HP to attack.

In theory, makes it a ACC +25, ATT +125ish, CRIT +4 necklace.

Except everything AoE's like crazy, so you're almost never going to see that full bonus once Steady Wing breaks.

Something something about SE not knowing anything about their own game, etc etc.

EDIT: Even with that, even Gungnir is a better weapon than Aram.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-05 01:56:39
Link | Citer | R

Game is up
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-07-05 01:59:29
Link | Citer | R

drg neck is an efficient acc swap over anu, though. it really isn't that bad (ignoring wyvern stats)
By SimonSes 2018-07-05 01:59:45
Link | Citer | R

Yagudo for ambu vol1 KI so probably the fight is vs Yagudo too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-05 02:04:08
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
drg neck is an efficient acc swap over anu, though. it really isn't that bad (ignoring wyvern stats)

If we're talking about accuracy neck then it's barely better than shulmanu.
[+]
 Asura.Yso
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yso 2018-07-05 02:05:16
Link | Citer | R

Models for SU5 look very generic and dull. Maybe not final form of weapons?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-05 02:05:41
Link | Citer | R

Get your pitchforks. *** used Vagary and Delve mats again.
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-07-05 02:05:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yso said: »
Models for SU5 look very generic and dull. Maybe not final form of weapons?

Quote:
Known Issues

The icons for the following items are incorrect.

Sagitta / Xiucoatl / Gandring / Barfawk / Rostam / Setan Kober / Crocea Mors / Moralltach / Zomorrodnegar / Morgelai / Pangu / Labraunda / Father Time / Tzee Xicu’s Blade / Aram / Fudo Masamune / Fusenaikyo / Asclepius / Bhima / Kaumodaki / Draumstafir / Musa / Sharanga
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-07-05 02:07:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Wait, which tome do the new synths require? I read it was the final escutcheon tome, but now it's just the Stage-3 tome?
Aurum tome is Stage 4 I think?
completed shield for aurum, yes

Yes, but the recipes page says
Code
This month's recipes use the existing "Argentum Tome" Key Item obtained when completing the level 3 Escutcheon shields.
where'd you read this? Version update notice by SE says the following:
Quote:
The July Version Update Has Landed! (07/05/2018)

Highlights this month include the addition of Wave 3 to Dynamis – Divergence and new equipment synthesizable by those in possession of Aurum Tomes.

It was originally in the OP BG thread, it's fixed now
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-05 02:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Get your pitchforks. *** used Vagary and Delve mats again.

Best news I've heard yet!
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-07-05 02:08:24
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Quote:
Ninja Nodawa +2
Accuracy+25 Ranged Accuracy+25 Store TP+7
NIN's best TP neck, it's not even close.

Sorry, but this is an incorrect take.

1) Obviously, if racc is capped Moonlight is better since Moonlight has more STP.

2) Even when racc is well under cap, Ninja Nodawa +2 can win but it's very close (like, single digit DPS difference in several spreadsheet scenarios I've tried). It does help Daken, which isn't to be ignored, but remember that Daken proc is only a 54% possibility (assuming max gifts) of one additional attack per attack round, and you're giving up STP+3 on every single melee hit AND Daken hit per round by dropping Moonlight. That's more significant than you're acknowledging, especially for the insane amount of multi-attack we're generally using these days.

As a sidegrade in the best of cases for Ninja Nodawa +2, and a clearly worse option when acc capped, I don't see a reason to replace Moonlight Nodowa (especially considering the likely seriously annoying acquisition/upgrade process).

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The ninja HQ weapon was interesting, right up until the point where they tied yet another buff to remaining shadows. Historically, that's always been a bad idea with everything wiping shadows. It's like they didn't learn from mikage. You actually lose dps constantly reapplying utsu. So that 105~ attack bonus is useless basically.

It's a trash mainhand. Not close to Heishi or Kannagi, and only comes close to Kikoku (which gets Atk+60 base plus another 100+ Atk from easily maintained relic AM Atk+10%) when you assume you're always getting max shadow/attack buff. Even if acc was an issue, it's looking significantly better to use a better mainhand and a more accurate offhand (like Shigi)

HOWEVER... assuming all of the stats also work in offhand, Fudo Masamune may well be a very legit offhand option. I'm getting it as near BiS offhand to the RMEA mainhands in various spreadsheet scenarios even when attack capped (adding nothing from the shadow/attack gimmick), so if you're ever uncapped attack it's probably an easy win for best offhand.

You don't have to maintain max shadows 100% of the time to get a significant benefit - messing around on spreadsheet, I halved the max atk bonus just to simulate frequently losing shadows, and it came out well ahead as best offhand. Again though, all depends on whether that stat (and even the acc/racc+50) actually work on offhand.

Cue the people telling me that I shouldn't bother even attempting to do damage without BRD COR GEO max attack buffs and everyone is always attack capped on everything (which is insanely unrealistic, but I've heard it many many many times...)
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-07-05 02:11:48
Link | Citer | R

nin is always attack capped because everyone begs you to bring nin to attack-capped scenarios

right?

right??
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Lowclock
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Lowclock
By Midgardsormr.Lowclock 2018-07-05 02:18:48
Link | Citer | R

So wait, if the GK is supposed to allow SAM to use "all great katana weapon skills", what the hell is it talking about? The only thing I can think of are the Amatsu variants that Tenzen has.

EDIT: Or maybe Kaiten even though they said they weren't adding ways to get dynamis WS? If so, lol who gives a ***.
By Aerix 2018-07-05 02:19:42
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Lowclock said: »
So wait, if the GK is supposed to allow SAM to use "all great katana weapon skills", what the hell is it talking about? The only thing I can think of are the Amatsu variants that Tenzen has.

Tachi: Kaiten without Amano, Shoha without merits, Mythic/Empyrean without having to do the quests.

Realistically, it just means you can use the Relic WS with a fake new Relic GKT.
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2018-07-05 02:20:18
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »

Tachi: Kaiten without Amano, Shoha without merits, Mythic/Empyrean without having to do the quests.

Any campaign WS for gkt?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-07-05 02:20:49
Link | Citer | R

Presumably, relic WS (Kaiten), which is otherwise locked to Amano. Perhaps it also unlocks Shoha without having to have turned in the WoE stuff. Meh? Meh.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-07-05 02:22:16
Link | Citer | R

I sincerely doubt that the SAM GKT lets you use any NPC-only WSes. It would be too difficult to move the animations over to different models/races. It's probably just all the WSes you could perform but without the weapons/quests/merits required
By Aerix 2018-07-05 02:22:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yso said: »
Aerix said: »

Any campaign WS for gkt?

None, as far as I know. But Tenzen has a unique GKT WS called Amano: Tsukikage and he's basically a standard Hume model, so maybe... but extremely unlikely.
 Midgardsormr.Lowclock
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Lowclock
By Midgardsormr.Lowclock 2018-07-05 02:23:24
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I remembered Kaiten like right after I pressed send. Well that sucks.

E: I guess you could use Kaiten instead of Shoha for non-radiance double lights? Probably still not worth it though. Thats if they even allow that. They said pretty clearly that they weren't going to allow non-relics to use relic ws.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-07-05 02:37:05
Link | Citer | R

It appears these new mats are obtainable from the goblin box.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Nyarlko 2018-07-05 03:24:48
Link | Citer | R

eslim said: »
so where is that huge *** great sword, i was hoping it was in the least a monthly campaign item or something; no dat for it ?

That is coming from the "fun" type event that will run from 8/30-9/30. Like the sword/shield from Kam in June.
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-07-05 04:33:35
Link | Citer | R

With Level 5 Pet we get:
20% Attack Bonus
20% Defense Bonus
10% Job Ability Haste
15% Double Attack (Only possible though Job Points)

The only logical explanation [From Grind point of view to make new Neck] is that your pet will become Level 6..

So is it expected to become more like this?
25% Attack Bonus
25% Defense Bonus
15% Job Ability Haste
20% Double Attack

If so, its worthwhile.
 Phoenix.Faloun
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2018-07-05 04:40:24
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Katriina said: »

With Level 5 Pet we get:
20% Attack Bonus
20% Defense Bonus
10% Job Ability Haste
15% Double Attack (Only possible though Job Points)

The only logical explanation [From Grind point of view to make new Neck] is that your pet will become Level 6..

So is it expected to become more like this?
25% Attack Bonus
25% Defense Bonus
15% Job Ability Haste
20% Double Attack

If so, its worthwhile.
It's SE, remember. I think It's more a thing like : your wyvern start at LVL 1 and Need less xp To get To 5. I guess
By Tarage 2018-07-05 04:43:52
Link | Citer | R

Smn staff is pretty meh aside from maybe a debuffs staff? Idk off hand if it's better than what we already have. Not at home so I can't check. The neck seems okay... I guess...
By Ruaumoko 2018-07-05 04:46:09
Link | Citer | R

I didn't consider that about the Dragoon's neck.

I'd be very interested to see whether that's the case or not.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 18 19 20