users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Fishing Torque Hell
Fishing Torque Hell
 Asura.Dagget
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Dagget 2018-06-11 10:47:45
Link | Citer | R

In an effort to avoid insanity I need to vent. Anyone else had major issues finding this thing in chests? Ive yet to farm during the Super Kupower active, but still have popped at least 300+ chests over the last 3 days.

If I have any questions for future crafting torque farming (still need all across both my accounts) it would be is this typical for each Torque/Belt from these brown chests? Should I literally plan to be farming these for the next couple months?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-06-11 10:55:51
Link | Citer | R

But really, just bad luck. I farmed another bone torque last month and got it within an hour.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-06-11 11:01:44
Link | Citer | R

rng sucks and yeah they can take awhile. Each is a little different also I'd pick up any you can get from bonaza's that offer them. Remember they are sendable to same account
 Asura.Dagget
By Asura.Dagget 2018-06-11 11:08:43
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
rng sucks and yeah they can take awhile. Each is a little different also I'd pick up any you can get from bonaza's that offer them. Remember they are sendable to same account

I didnt know they were in bonanza's, I'll keep my eyes open for sure
 Asura.Emmajean
user: Sabine
By Asura.Emmajean 2018-06-11 11:20:31
Link | Citer | R

I found a leatherwork one on my first chest. Goldsmithinf took me 4 days of a few hours each day...

It’s all luck. Once you are ready to give up... it drops
[+]
 Asura.Dagget
By Asura.Dagget 2018-06-11 11:21:41
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so somewhat typical. I gess se is getting me back for my 1/1 D-Ring.
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-11 11:23:49
Link | Citer | R

Working as intended. 1.5 weeks on alchemy torque for 5 hours a day. Netflix and liquor ftw. (Got rest from mog bonanza since they were listed on the website)
[+]
 Asura.Dagget
By Asura.Dagget 2018-06-12 12:38:47
Link | Citer | R

Night 4 in the books. Another shift from 5:30-10:45pm. Dozens of chests opened, zero Torques. *** YOU RNGesus! I refuse to give up, but I'll use this to vent and update my adventures in bad luck.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-12 12:41:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dagget said: »
Night 4 in the books. Another shift from 5:30-10:45pm. Dozens of chests opened, zero Torques. *** YOU RNGesus! I refuse to give up, but I'll use this to vent and update my adventures in bad luck.
Balrance
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-06-12 15:16:11
Link | Citer | R

You may want to wait for the kupower and/or do GoV pages to get the chest drop rate increase to help your chances. It's just luck sadly. So good luck!
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-06-12 15:25:33
Link | Citer | R

Yeah chest drop rate is probably your best bet. If you can get 5-7 chests per train then your chance would be a lot higher.
 Asura.Zihi
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Zihi 2018-06-12 15:29:14
Link | Citer | R

it took me 2 weeks for fishing torque.. w/o leaving the zone... and took me 2 hours for cooking torque... i guess is lucky
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-12 15:50:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Zihi said: »
it took me 2 weeks for fishing torque.. w/o leaving the zone... and took me 2 hours for cooking torque... i guess is lucky
So basically working as intended. ;)
 Asura.Dagget
By Asura.Dagget 2018-06-12 16:32:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Inuyushi said: »

You may want to wait for the kupower and/or do GoV pages to get the chest drop rate increase to help your chances. It's just luck sadly. So good luck!

Ive been following this guide: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Crafting_Torque_Farming_Guide_by_Funkworkz

So ya, I havnt had the Super Kupower active yet, but Ive capped the FoV page bonus for the treasure chests every night and still no luck. It is what it is, but knowing this going forward I'm going to for sure farm during the Kupower when it does show up.

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Yeah chest drop rate is probably your best bet. If you can get 5-7 chests per train then your chance would be a lot higher.

I think Id average about 2-4 gold chests per mob group spawn in the area Im farming in Outer H.R.

Asura.Zihi said: »

God I hope it doesn't, but i'm prepared for the worst now. Thanks for your input.

!!!EDIT!!!

LOL found it, on like my 10th chests tonight! Onwards and forwards!