Ask The FFXI Development Team Your Questions!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ask the FFXI development team your questions!
Ask the FFXI development team your questions!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By fonewear 2018-05-27 14:13:07
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
where's our level 99 CoP rings we were promised?

Coming out soon as they fix monk...which is the next update...I mean the July update...August...September...it's coming !
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-05-27 15:59:17
Link | Citer | R

When did they promise 99 cop ring? if they did would fit right into the famitsu interview where they want to add new story content with the existing zones. probably just a COP 2.0 storyline.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-05-27 16:01:22
Link | Citer | R

I think it was a pretty long time ago, possibly back when they first started raising the level cap to 99.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-27 16:27:00
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
How am I trolling? Using two hands to move through a menu when it could be done nicely with one by pressing in the direction opposite to switching between storage type is badly designed.
I bet I'm not the only person who doesn't know about the CTR+arrow either. How do you even find that out?

If you can't click the shift or Ctrl+left arrow at the same time with one hand, I really don't know what to tell you. I knew about that years ago, took two seconds playing around with my inventory. It's literally a built in page up/down feature that nearly every web page has. They purposely designed it that way (you can do this in any bag) on the left probably because they wanted to keep it consistent with the right=down, left=up function. If they were to make it so you could page down by pressing left, how would you page back up? This isn't bad design. It's deliberate and you sound really lazy calling it an inconvenience.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-05-27 16:38:40
Link | Citer | R

How am I trolling? Using two hands to move through a menu when it could be done nicely with one by pressing in the direction opposite to switching between storage type is badly designed.
I bet I'm not the only person who doesn't know about the CTR+arrow either. How do you even find that out?

Controller user, can confirm - had no idea this existed. And holding Shift really isn't a viable solution for controller, so yeah I love the hold opposite direction idea.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-27 17:05:47
Link | Citer | R

Uh, controller, hold the shoulder buttons broski.

Those are shift/control R2 L2
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-27 17:09:46
Link | Citer | R

You guys cannot be serious. If they were to make it so pressing left in the leftmost bag scrolled down, what would be the shortcut for scrolling back up? Right would take you back to the inventory bag.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-28 03:13:39
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Controller user, can confirm - had no idea this existed. And holding Shift really isn't a viable solution for controller, so yeah I love the hold opposite direction idea.
Can do this on controllers since day one.
Hold L2 or R2 while pressing left or right and you can move in pages, in any repository. Be it Case, Wardrobe, Inventory, Mog House.

It's in the base commands. I remember I read this in FFXI original manual when I first bought the game in 2004.
Surprised you guys played this game so long without even knowing or wondering or asking about it.
I know I couldn't have managed, especially with the amount of repositories we have nowadys :x
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-28 03:14:50
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
I think it was a pretty long time ago, possibly back when they first started raising the level cap to 99.
Around the same time when they promised Massacre Elegy and several other things that never came to be =/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-05-28 06:37:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
When did they promise 99 cop ring? if they did would fit right into the famitsu interview where they want to add new story content with the existing zones. probably just a COP 2.0 storyline.

They were "investigation it" way back in 2011
04-18-2011 02:19 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

We spoke to the development team about the possibility of scaling the stats on the Chains of Promathia reward rings to match the new level cap. They let us know that they’re already looking into this, and are carefully investigating it so that balance can be maintained between the CoP prizes and other rings.
Subscribe
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-28 07:46:20
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
I wish they would add a system where alt accounts are cheaper, or at least offer reductions for paying for a years worth of sub in advance. Anything like that would be welcome.

I got into the habit of using alts and then getting to the point of not wanting to play unless I have all 3 active, which is kind of expensive. So I tend to not remain subbed all year long anymore.

They would never do it but if you didn't have to repeat the story on your mules...that would be something I'd like to see happen. I've already beat the story line once why force you to do it again.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-05-28 08:53:28
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
They let us know that they’re already looking into this, and are carefully investigating it so that balance can be maintained between the CoP prizes and other rings.

This, but with the Aht Urhgan rings, which are completely *** worthless at this stage.
At least the CoP rings maintained their value and strength for like 15 years straight. The AU rings are just trashed.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-05-29 00:45:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Uh, controller, hold the shoulder buttons broski.

Asura.Sechs said: »
Can do this on controllers since day one.
Hold L2 or R2 while pressing left or right and you can move in pages, in any repository. Be it Case, Wardrobe, Inventory, Mog House.

It's in the base commands. I remember I read this in FFXI original manual when I first bought the game in 2004.
Surprised you guys played this game so long without even knowing or wondering or asking about it.
I know I couldn't have managed, especially with the amount of repositories we have nowadys :x

Ha! Thanks guys. Yeah, I never knew that...

Wasn't ever a big deal for me way back when I last played on console (over a decade ago), since we really didn't have a ton of extra inventory storage options back then. And I just never realized it on PC, since it wasn't referenced anywhere in the FFXIConfig controller configuration tool and I just never really thought to do it. Welp, learned something today!
By Marootsoobootsu 2018-05-29 04:57:50
Link | Citer | R

1) Red Mage is on gear explicitly called, "Fencer's", but doesn't have the Fencer ability.

2) Rune Fencer has the word "Fencer" in its bloody name, but doesn't have the Fencer ability.

Why do neither of these jobs have Fencer, but BST, who's chuggin' along with axes, does?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2018-05-29 06:45:14
Link | Citer | R

Just a matter of theme. Both rdm and run are designed as actual fencers, so it feels weird to not have the aptly named ability.
[+]
By ashstar 2018-05-31 15:33:36
Link | Citer | R

Is it possible to merge all remas into one and all +3 relic, artifact empty(when available) into one set. Can we get at least some storyline into this, not trade some items to someone???

>ibf bards have different instrument it makes no sense (make a macbook or some ***final fantasy so they become djs) Can even have the storyline with Cid.
>ibf people will shout for more outrageous requirements... make your own shouts.
>ibf game balance... there has never been game balance. Dont provide that excuse.

Potential storyline:
Aeonic doesn't have afterglow. The legendary crafter from x land wants to work in your 1337 weapon OUT OF THE CHARITY OF HIS HEART (dont go charging 10 10k pieces from dynamis) and thinks that the aeonic is the perfect scaffold weapon. Then you make a quest in dynamis-toiletbowl (make something new ffs) and kill some *** (maybe all avatars (ferrir's cousin?), the beastman kings, the shadowlord, and those shadow dragons that pop down from the sky in the past (ilv160 immune to summoners, one job of each only to enter) to get some 100% drop item and merge relic with aeonic.

Then the ToAU/CoP people found that Bahamut was harassing odin and some ***was about to get real in einjerhar isle (since you guys love recycling) and by convenience, you need a Bahamut scale and some hair from Odin's horse balls to upgrade(ONCE AGAIN FREE noo 1M alex *** grind) on the way prevent the apocalypse. For this fight once again ilv165 everyone must have a different job, no smn burn, manaburn, tpburn. Make the dev team think of something fun, that they test out beforehand, no pulling an AV/PW ***, make it challenging and fun for once.

Then finally, The empyrean weapon merger. This time abyssea wants to <insert time/space theory> the real world and its the Tonberry behind it and it's summons Gigant UFO type that summons Wyrms and shinryu. Also, you need to get some item from the Tonberry for the weapon. Abyssea temple ugg but make it like a maze hell use ffxiv layout for all i care.

I created a storyline just for the creation of this rema merger in less than 20mins just typing this. Pretty sure you guys can make something nice happen. if not then just need to fire people and get more free interns to get ***to happen.

Same type of quest for merging all relic+3, artifact+3, empty+3

Also CoP rings when? it has been 7 years.

those are my two cents.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-31 16:01:34
Link | Citer | R

...wut?
By Nyarlko 2018-05-31 16:05:55
Link | Citer | R

Marootsoobootsu said: »
1) Red Mage is on gear explicitly called, "Fencer's", but doesn't have the Fencer ability.

2) Rune Fencer has the word "Fencer" in its bloody name, but doesn't have the Fencer ability.

Why do neither of these jobs have Fencer, but BST, who's chuggin' along with axes, does?

I would joyously give up all of my BST's Fencer traits/bonuses for a single tier of natural Dual Wield. We got Fencer because the devs don't have clue one about how to handle/balance BST as a job.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-05-31 16:06:51
Link | Citer | R

ashstar said: »

... No. >_> This is a patently bad idea.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-31 16:08:45
Link | Citer | R

to clarify: why the blue hell would you want to combine the RMEA weapons? You can't even combine them by weapon type as they aren't job-specific (Think Greatsword alone- Caladbolg for PLD/DRK only, Ragnarok for PLD/WAR/DRK only, Epeo and Lionheart for RUN only. You gonna combine all 4 but not give it to all 4 jobs that can use RMEA Greatswords?), and combining weapons of dissimilar types is just silly. No RNG wants to combine a Yoichi and an Annihilator.

And by combining, you really run the risk of some severe foolishness. A Greatsword that can TP and skillchain like Lionheart with the -DT of an Epeo? A one-handed sword with the DT of a burtgang and the offensive capabilities of an almace, then throw it on BLU?

They're supposed to be different, be good at different things, and force you as a player to make hard decisions. This has NEVER been a game of "one ring to rule them all" (outside of Rajas. Always Rajas) but rather a game of give and take. And I haven't even touched on the horrors of combining gearsets- don't take away the most unique thing this game has to offer (the ability to change gear mid-battle/action) in the name of simplicity.

If you wanna mindlessly beat on mobs that have no chance, level your chars to 99 in FF6 and have Terra and Celes go to town. Otherwise, realize the nature of this game and either embrace it or play a different game.
By fonewear 2018-05-31 16:25:23
Link | Citer | R

Is it possible to merge all remas into one and all +3 relic, artifact empty(when available) into one set. Can we get at least some storyline into this, not trade some items to someone???

>ibf bards have different instrument it makes no sense (make a macbook or some ***final fantasy so they become djs) Can even have the storyline with Cid.
>ibf people will shout for more outrageous requirements... make your own shouts.
>ibf game balance... there has never been game balance. Dont provide that excuse.

Potential storyline:
Aeonic doesn't have afterglow. The legendary crafter from x land wants to work in your 1337 weapon OUT OF THE CHARITY OF HIS HEART (dont go charging 10 10k pieces from dynamis) and thinks that the aeonic is the perfect scaffold weapon. Then you make a quest in dynamis-toiletbowl (make something new ffs) and kill some *** (maybe all avatars (ferrir's cousin?), the beastman kings, the shadowlord, and those shadow dragons that pop down from the sky in the past (ilv160 immune to summoners, one job of each only to enter) to get some 100% drop item and merge relic with aeonic.

Then the ToAU/CoP people found that Bahamut was harassing odin and some ***was about to get real in einjerhar isle (since you guys love recycling) and by convenience, you need a Bahamut scale and some hair from Odin's horse balls to upgrade(ONCE AGAIN FREE noo 1M alex *** grind) on the way prevent the apocalypse. For this fight once again ilv165 everyone must have a different job, no smn burn, manaburn, tpburn. Make the dev team think of something fun, that they test out beforehand, no pulling an AV/PW ***, make it challenging and fun for once.

Then finally, The empyrean weapon merger. This time abyssea wants to <insert time/space theory> the real world and its the Tonberry behind it and it's summons Gigant UFO type that summons Wyrms and shinryu. Also, you need to get some item from the Tonberry for the weapon. Abyssea temple ugg but make it like a maze hell use ffxiv layout for all i care.

I created a storyline just for the creation of this rema merger in less than 20mins just typing this. Pretty sure you guys can make something nice happen. if not then just need to fire people and get more free interns to get ***to happen.

those are my two cents.

I think they should merge all jobs into monk...you sing heal tank roll corsair dice and punch stuff.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-31 16:31:15
Link | Citer | R

Nyarlko said: »
I would joyously give up all of my BST's Fencer traits/bonuses for a single tier of natural Dual Wield. We got Fencer because the devs don't have clue one about how to handle/balance BST as a job.

I believe every job should be allowed to dual wield. The ability shouldn't be locked to specific jobs. Only upgrades.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-31 16:32:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Nyarlko said: »

I believe every job should be allowed to dual wield. The ability shouldn't be locked to specific jobs. Only upgrades.

Can you imagine also dual wield Nirvana you could blood pact the hell out of things !
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-05-31 17:44:56
Link | Citer | R

Potential storyline:

I created a storyline just for the creation of this rema merger in less than 20mins just typing this while im high af. Pretty sure you guys can make something nice happen. if not then just need to fire people and get more free interns to get ***to happen.

those are my two cents.

That was an enjoyable read! thanks Ashstar haha, whats even funnier is getting a serious response to this XD

These words in Bold though ...

Side Note for SE: Make Oseem Store 5k Stones instead of lol250...
[+]
By ashstar 2018-05-31 18:28:39
Link | Citer | R

I wasn't highI dont even smoke! That was just pure boredom and inspiration on making the idea interesting. At least that sounds more interesting than the crappy storylines we are getting lately IMO. The merger would be for the same class of weapon of course. Except for bard which a macbook is okay.

The issue is that I have a gungnir, and soon a Aeonic, and halfway through empy lance. Soo I have this problem, Aeonic gives me ultimate SC, but Gungnir allows Skillchain flexibility and a nice AM effect. I want both AM on me. ultimate skillchain and the boost if i were to make a macro and just swap them around. SE does not allow me to do that. WHY?? I see no reason why not.

Also it will be fun to see shouts in asura requesting that weapon. Then the standard its not just a rema but all of them.

Asura is the best server ever!
[+]
By Zyla 2018-05-31 18:53:49
Link | Citer | R

I got another question for the devs. When can we get a technique reset for synergy, it really sucks if you picked techniques that aren't useful before you really looked into what was needed at higher levels. Also can we get a definitive answer on whether or not crafting skillup food affects synergy skillups? And I again can't stress enough how we need more wardrobes...
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7