String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 94 95 96
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2020-12-09 08:34:03
Link | Citer | R

So you're saying you used the tank bruiser set that's on string theory?
By ksoze 2020-12-09 08:55:16
Link | Citer | R

yes tank bruiser exactly
[+]
 Asura.Dibble
Serveur: Asura
user: Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2020-12-09 12:20:16
Link | Citer | R

ksoze said: »
No, maiden doesn't require od
Glad I checked!
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2020-12-09 13:53:51
Link | Citer | R

I'm using , and all my pup is doing is string shredder. is it because im using asuran's fists?

i'm using light/wind/fire manuever
<bone>
<frame>valoredge frame</frame>
<head>valoredge head</head>
<slot01>turbo charger</slot01>
<slot02>turbo charger ii</slot02>
<slot03>optic fiber</slot03>
<slot04>optic fiber ii</slot04>
<slot05>coiler ii</slot05>
<slot06>flame holder</slot06>
<slot07>tension spring v</slot07>
<slot08>magniplug ii</slot08>
<slot09>speedloader</slot09>
<slot10>attuner</slot10>
<slot11>auto-repair kit iv</slot11>
<slot12>coiler</slot12>
</bone>
By tmd5 2020-12-09 16:44:20
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Daviant said: »
So you're saying you used the tank bruiser set that's on string theory?

I suggest skipping ANY full ValorEdge setup for solo JPs. It's probably going to bring in way less JPs per hour than a "Ranger Tank" setup.

Maybe it could be comparable if you had a full Pet: Double Attack set with Herculean gear. The only other option is Taeon, but why on earth would anyone want to TP in a Taeon set?

Anyway, make sure to use Speedloader II and use Valoredge Head and Ranger Body.

You can do this with your Automaton:

Shijin Spiral > Armor Piercer > Victory Smite > Armor Shatterer > Victory Smite.

To manage that it usually takes a Hybrid setup. Gear for mainly the master except for capping Pet haste of 26% in gear. Of course some pet acc too. Don't bother making a Pet Store TP set, it doesn't really help for solo JPs IMO.

For whatever reason my Automaton usually fails to do the final Armor Shatterer. Maybe I just needed both Speedloaders. Without the Speedloader II he won't even do Armor Piercer after Shijin Spiral.

I doubt any full Valoredge setup could out-parse a Ranger (VE head) setup on Apex stuff without 1hr. Of course I wish I was wrong.

PS Using the previously mentioned Maiden set for Lilith on E without 1hr would most likely be a fail solo, even if you melee 100%. You'd overload too if you forget to use Cooldown or didn't have overload gear. This always happened to me on Cait Sith N when my 1hr ran out.

Best advice is to just use your 1hr and make friends with people who can reset your 1hr with Maze Mongers. You'd be surprised how many people don't know how to reset a 1hr. I didn't even know about it when I started my lilith runs!

I got 5/5 Malignance just with my 1hrs easily. Usually only TH4 and 3-4 runs per day on E only. Takes less than 3 minutes per run. We just took turns resetting my 1hr.
By gregchiro2013 2020-12-09 19:33:44
Link | Citer | R

Any advice for Maju....I have geo, but looking for attachments so my automation does not die even via OD....
By gregchiro2013 2020-12-09 19:34:30
Link | Citer | R

I use 4 pups, one rdm (blind duty) one geo
By tmd5 2020-12-10 00:08:33
Link | Citer | R

ikudosi said: »
If anyone has a Xiucoatl can they do Sarama UNM on overdrive using fire/wind/light with the following load-out:

<frame>sharpshot frame</frame>
<head>sharpshot head</head>
<slot01>magniplug</slot01>
<slot02>inhibitor ii</slot02>
<slot03>steam jacket</slot03>
<slot04>magniplug ii</slot04>
<slot05>turbo charger ii</slot05>
<slot06>inhibitor</slot06>
<slot07>optic fiber</slot07>
<slot08>armor plate iv</slot08>
<slot09>truesights</slot09>
<slot10>flame holder</slot10>
<slot11>optic fiber ii</slot11>
<slot12>auto-repair kit iv</slot12>

This set is ridiculous. First try on Sarama and dead with probably 30-45 seconds to spare. Nearly full HP the whole fight. I think I ran in for repair at the end, but it was dead before I could use it.

Previously I was using other sets and had major problems with him. I would end up dying when Sarama was at 10%. I had only won 1 out of 6 tries. My gear was pretty good too, but nothing amazing.

The only major change is that I now have Cath Palug Ring and Thurandaut Ring. Upgraded Pitre Tobe from +1 to +2.

During this whole fight I was just using Taeon set, which I normally don't do with "Ranger Tank" (or similar) auto. Stats on them were Pet: DA+5, DT-4% and ACC+18-21. Pet food Grape Daifuku.

I also didn't even switch out from my Relic body to Taeon Body.

I did two runs and zero problems. Got the SAM leg piece on second try today!

I then used the same setup on Sovereign Behemoth and got the win easily. 100% HP at the end with no reward needed. Crazy.

PS I can't help with any comparisons since I use Pitre Fists Maxed out. Wish I could afford the Xiucoatl.

I doubt there is anything in the game I can clear with that and not the Pitre Fists. Could be wrong.

Maxing out those has been worth every penny. Can't say the same about the PUP JSE neck which I almost never use!
By gregchiro2013 2020-12-10 20:28:54
Link | Citer | R

Nice but Maju is a bit harder :(
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-12-14 06:05:32
Link | Citer | R

I don't know what kind of macc gear pup has available to it but you don't need a rdm or a geo to land blind on Maju you can sub rdm and have no native enfeebling skill and land it, its more about the immunobreaks. I did not do it on pup tho.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev9ThG62kl8
By tmd5 2020-12-18 16:07:23
Link | Citer | R

ikudosi said: »
If anyone has a Xiucoatl can they do Sarama UNM on overdrive using fire/wind/light with the following load-out:

<frame>sharpshot frame</frame>
<head>sharpshot head</head>
<slot01>magniplug</slot01>
<slot02>inhibitor ii</slot02>
<slot03>steam jacket</slot03>
<slot04>magniplug ii</slot04>
<slot05>turbo charger ii</slot05>
<slot06>inhibitor</slot06>
<slot07>optic fiber</slot07>
<slot08>armor plate iv</slot08>
<slot09>truesights</slot09>
<slot10>flame holder</slot10>
<slot11>optic fiber ii</slot11>
<slot12>auto-repair kit iv</slot12>

I tried this on Fu solo with 1hr and it took him to 50% with ease. He wasn't in Rage mode at all and I was in full Taeon set with maybe Pitre Tobe +2. Not sure if this is good or not. I thought so. Maybe you can low man it with this setup with a SMN or another PUP.

My friends had warped out since most of them were on the wrong jobs for Fu and one was AFK.

I tried that setup on Glassy Gorger but it did like almost no damage with 1hr. Not sure what was going on. Maybe resistant to piercing damage? Not one of my best moments and I nearly got everyone killed!

This is also now my go to Sovereign Behemoth set. About 20 kills with only 1 loss due to badly timed stun. Blink is a must though. I'd say this setup makes it as easy as maybe Lilith on E with 1hr.

Has anyone been able to duo him on 2 PUPS without melee and NO 1-hours? Not sure if it could work or is just too slow.

I meleed him with my automaton (no 1hr) but seemed to do everything wrong and timed out twice. Felt like I was not doing enough damage. I actually did better on DNC. Solo without one hour i've never been able to get him past 40%. It seems that my PUP does way better vs those Meteors than DNC.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-12-18 17:35:01
Link | Citer | R

tmd5 said: »
I tried this on Fu solo with 1hr and it took him to 50% with ease. He wasn't in Rage mode at all and I was in full Taeon set with maybe Pitre Tobe +2. Not sure if this is good or not. I thought so. Maybe you can low man it with this setup with a SMN or another PUP.

My friends had warped out since most of them were on the wrong jobs for Fu and one was AFK.

I tried that setup on Glassy Gorger but it did like almost no damage with 1hr. Not sure what was going on. Maybe resistant to piercing damage? Not one of my best moments and I nearly got everyone killed!
Did he blessing sync all your buffs or did you super enfeeble it? Cause he gets massive DT if he takes too many buffs/debuffs.
By gregchiro2013 2020-12-18 18:44:42
Link | Citer | R

THE ONLY thing you need with Gorger is dispel spam (I use trust) Arciela 2 spams it fast! No need to 1hr.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Serveur: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-01-01 19:05:48
Link | Citer | R

Did anyone test of Tandem Strike/Blow from /BST applied works with the Puppet?
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-04 18:46:38
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Are those boots good for any hybrid (pet+master) build? I mean I know they are ok for standard hybrid build, because herculean boots are there anyway. I'm more asking if I can get some value from that 2% pet haste. Probably not, but worth to ask.

Aerix said: »
As far as those boots go, they look absolutely insanely godly to me lol, I'm jelly. I'd use them for the melee stats and Pet: Acc obviously, but I can't think of any useful setup where the Haste+2% would allow you to replace a piece of gear with something better.

That said, in this set I use to build TP for KKK or when I don't need Malignance, Pet: Haste totals 25% with standard Herc feet. I'm not sure if Pet: Haste has the same issue of not capping at 25% due to it being calculated in 256ths, but if it does your feet would let you cap for real.

ItemSet 353038

As far as I'm concerned, you won the PUP lottery.

I guess I now have gloves to pair with that boots :P

By Aerix 2021-01-08 12:12:22
Link | Citer | R

I guess I now have gloves to pair with that boots :P

Grats! If Malignance didn't exist I'd be super jelly (moreso than I already am) lol

N. Stringer
Accuracy+10 Weapon Skill Damage +5%
Automaton: Lvl. 119 DMG+10
Lv.99 PUP

[1] Automaton: Accuracy +20 Magic Accuracy +20
[2] Automaton: HP +20

(translation by Crevox in the dev tracker thread)

My thoughts on this new Animator... SE are either trolls or the item designers don't even keep track of the game anymore. First they patch HTH to devalue WSD, then they give us WSD on a semi-fixed piece of gear. It's nice for HF at least, but I'd have taken any kind of multiattack or STP for the master over WSD.

As far as the maton stats go, my initial reaction is that the DMG+10 will make white damage slightly better, but certain WSs slightly weaker instead. Acc/Macc are nice, but lack of INT means weaker nukes. The HP+20 augment feels like another joke.

Overall I'd probably only use this if DDing alongside your Automaton, not for pure pet burning.
[+]
 Asura.Tureni
user: Tureni
By Asura.Tureni 2021-01-08 13:26:00
Link | Citer | R

At first I thought they meant WSD for the automaton, but after you mentioned it I think they do mean for the PUP main. I don't get why this wouldn't apply for the pet instead, or both main and pet even.. Are there any other animators that give the main job stats instead of the pet?

Hopefully it has nice hidden stats or does actually apply for the pet as well.
By Aerix 2021-01-08 13:58:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tureni said: »
At first I thought they meant WSD for the automaton, but after you mentioned it I think they do mean for the PUP main. I don't get why this wouldn't apply for the pet instead, or both main and pet even.. Are there any other animators that give the main job stats instead of the pet?

Hopefully it has nice hidden stats or does actually apply for the pet as well.

It's pre-ilevel gear, but Turbo Animator gave the master DEX+2 and Animator +1 was DEX+4 for the master and HP/MP for the maton. All bonuses were hidden effects because SE loved those back in the day.
[+]
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-01-08 19:05:40
Link | Citer | R

I think its HP +20% not HP +20. I hope lol
By ikudosi 2021-01-11 11:07:57
Link | Citer | R

Waited so long for some meaningful pup-date and this ain't it chief!
By Aerix 2021-01-12 04:02:38
Link | Citer | R

The new Animator aside (god this hurts to type), this new earring looks really fantastic and kinda makes up for PUP not being on Odr Earring:

Not only is it a Brutal Earring replacement for WS, but depending on the augment it could be an excellent non-AM3 TP earring as well (possibly replacing Cessance if Acc isn't an issue). It pairs quite well with full Malignance thanks to MP/Acc/STP on every piece.

Looking at the augment list my guess for the augment would be one of these two:

[1]Accuracy+15
[2]Attack+5

[1]Attack+15
[2]STR+5

On top of that the Enmity reduction could make maton tanking + melee DD a lot more viable/safer overall, especially with Yngvi earring necklace. The extra MP from /RUN and /DRK might also be quite useful depending on the situation.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-01-12 04:48:02
Link | Citer | R

Whats about the aniator ? Its said that its affect user but its also more difficult to use ?
By Aerix 2021-01-12 04:54:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Yiazmat said: »
Whats about the aniator ? Its said that its affect user but its also more difficult to use ?

I discussed it above, but here's the English version:

Augment:
[1]Automaton: Accuracy+20 Mag. Acc.+20
[2]Automaton: HP+20

The first part of the description refers to how the master gets Accuracy+10 and WSD+5% in addition to the maton bonuses. The "more difficult to use" part is just flavor text that's been on pretty much all animators to date.
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 05:01:56
Link | Citer | R

The first part of the description refers to how the master gets Accuracy+10 and WSD+5% in addition to the maton bonuses. The "more difficult to use" part is just flavor text that's been on pretty much all animators to date.

Doesnt each Animator slightly changes automaton AI? Like one make him stay in range and other doesnt? Maybe this one also has some hidden AI changes?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-01-12 05:19:54
Link | Citer | R

Doesnt each Animator slightly changes automaton AI? Like one make him stay in range and other doesnt? Maybe this one also has some hidden AI changes?

Not really "each" animator. The way it works is that the ilevel "II" variants (such as Animator P +1 II, Divinator II, etc.) make the puppet always stand at range from the mob, even if deployed in melee range. On non-II animators, it's the normal puppet AI where Valoredge/Harlequin body will run up to the mob, and the SS/SW will melee if deployed in range and not run away.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-12 05:25:50
Link | Citer | R

How does this new animator compare to Animator P +1?
For Hybrid setups (master+pet) I can see it being better, but for pet-only?

Slightly more acc, slightly more macc, DMG+10 and lolhp+20
With P You have all base stats +20

Oh if that HP is actually 20% and not 20 then it could be quite awesome for tanking, whoa.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-01-12 05:30:52
Link | Citer | R

Well looks like its def HP+20 lol
It will get some testings anyway
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-12 05:38:27
Link | Citer | R

if it's "just" HP+20 I'm not sure this new animator is particularly better than Animator P +1, at least for pet-only setups.

For pet+master yeah ok, I guess I'd love this one.

By comparison it seems the SMN sachet is a more noticeable upgraded compared to the Animator?

Still need to see if the augment system can be furtherly expanded in the future though.
By Aerix 2021-01-12 06:28:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
How does this new animator compare to Animator P +1?
For Hybrid setups (master+pet) I can see it being better, but for pet-only?

Slightly more acc, slightly more macc, DMG+10 and lolhp+20
With P You have all base stats +20

Oh if that HP is actually 20% and not 20 then it could be quite awesome for tanking, whoa.

Check a few posts up, I wrote some thoughts on it when it was first announced. But yes, I'd only use this for master+pet DDing, not for pet only setups, unless the DMG+10 is more potent than expected.

As Capuchin said, the only AI differences are between I and II animators. If I had to guess, SE will add the Neo Animator II with the next Odyssey update, which will probably feature more mage-focused bonuses.
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 94 95 96