String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 94 95 96
 Asura.Tarquine
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Tarquine 2019-05-30 04:10:01
Link | Citer | R

I know that windower has AutoControl to help loading various attachments etc. Does anyone have or know of an Ashita version?
 Ragnarok.Neviskio
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Neviskio
By Ragnarok.Neviskio 2019-05-31 15:48:20
Link | Citer | R

Great guide, I've been struggling with the skillup part though which maybe coudl be expanded a tiny bit, the main confusion is: do I just go with 3x water maneuvers? My gear is pretty crap for pup still so automaton is probably not hasted enough and all.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-31 15:53:53
Link | Citer | R

I always went light wind water. Swinging/shooting faster gives more skillups too.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-05-31 17:13:47
Link | Citer | R

Depends on how you are skilling up really. I like doing things I can more or less afk on so double water and either 1 wind or light for the last to get more out of each hit... if in abyssea I'll do triple water

And you'll find your melee will skilllup way faster so wouldn't worry as much and focus on the others to the point I'd actually not give it haste/DA.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-06-09 18:35:27
Link | Citer | R

I tried soloing Shiva Prime on VD, didn't really work. I proced magic for the physical resistance, used bruiser set and stayed far away to not eat AF, so no trusts.

Used Fire Fire Light, puppet was never in danger, didn't have to use any item, used Akamochi.
Shiva never went under 99%.

What am I missing exactly, is it even possible? Her regen isn't too potent but still enough to make this pretty annoying.

I just want a Rimeice.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-09 19:04:06
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't really make sense. You know you can stand above or below on the path to negate Flow btw and use trust.

Where it kinda curves back.
By Nariont 2019-06-09 19:16:36
Link | Citer | R

i only did it as pup a few times and it was slow unless i used OD, ended up just doing them on blu or run
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-06-09 19:21:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Doesn't really make sense. You know you can stand above or below on the path to negate Flow btw and use trust.

Where it kinda curves back.
I tried on D in the end, I don't seem to be able to die to AF, but Blizzaja is another story (killed me at 1%).

My main question is how do you deal enough damage. Using Tenzen II, the puppet and him were able to bring her down steadily on D. I started meleeing around 30%, made things even faster and was pretty safe outside of said Blizzaja.
But on VD, I'm not sure I could achieve the same.

Nariont said: »
i only did it as pup a few times and it was slow unless i used OD, ended up just doing them on blu or run
I have RUN, probably have the required gear but haven't played it yet. Is it that free on RUN?
By Nariont 2019-06-09 23:12:52
Link | Citer | R

with just montante+1 i could do D without any real issue, your biggest problem will be a string of AF's killing trusts at low HP, other than that rush might dip you slightly but shouldnt kill you
By Aerix 2019-06-09 23:17:19
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

This might help if you're not against using Overdrive with Light/Thunder/Fire for each kill (reset 1hr in Abyssea or MMM).

Attachment setup is kinda outdated, though. I'd recommend dropping Turbo Charger 1 and Speedloader 1 for double Magniplugs. Gear is in the video description.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-06-10 07:50:12
Link | Citer | R

Thanks!
By Aerix 2019-06-10 12:28:34
Link | Citer | R

The new Gere Ring from the Odin HTBF looks like it'll be our new BiS TP ring along with Niqmaddu, replacing Epona's.

Should also be great for Victory Smite, but not sure about Stringing Pummel due to the VIT mod. Regal has VIT+10, but the mod is low enough that TA+5% is likely to pull ahead.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-06-13 04:19:07
Link | Citer | R

Given how appearently PUP is quite a nice tank for Odin, I assume a lot of people will come to this thread looking for guidance.
How about some of you guys who have a long experience with PUP tanking make a small summary about what's best to use in this BC?

Which Frame/Head?
Which maneuvers to keep up / cycle?
Which attachments combination?
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2019-06-13 06:54:15
Link | Citer | R

My setup for smn setup. Can swap out the last 3 and prol mana jammer 3 for DD attachs if doing range attack setup.
Soulsoother head valor body
Light Fire Water
Optic 1,2 ARK4 Flashbulb
Strobe 1,2 Manajammer 4,3
ArmorPlate 4 Galvenizer, steam jacket Barrier Module 2

Auto dies once around 45-35% from Ko tp move. Then after 1st one will randomly use it for rest of fight. Otherwise its hp never dips under 95% usually for most of fight. Mabey worse if no one keeps odin dispeled but i never had that happen in my runs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-06-13 07:07:42
Link | Citer | R

How much pet DT/PDT do you have in gear, Cici?

With "Range Attack Setup" you mean using PUP as a DD with Sharpshoot setup?
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2019-06-13 07:21:11
Link | Citer | R

main={ name="Oberon's Sainti", augments={'DMG:+1','Pet: Damage taken -5%','Add.eff.:Disease+8',}},
range="Animator P +1",
ammo="Automat. Oil +3",
head={ name="Anwig Salade", augments={'CHR+4','"Waltz" ability delay -2','Attack+3','Pet: Damage taken -10%',}},
body={ name="Taeon Tabard", augments={'Pet: Mag. Evasion+19','Pet: "Regen"+2','Pet: Damage taken -4%',}},
hands={ name="Taeon Gloves", augments={'Pet: Mag. Evasion+24','Pet: "Regen"+3','Pet: Damage taken -4%',}},
legs="Tali'ah Sera. +2",
feet={ name="Taeon Boots", augments={'Pet: Mag. Evasion+15','Pet: "Regen"+1','Pet: Damage taken -4%',}},
neck="Loricate Torque +1",
waist="Isa Belt",
left_ear="Domes. Earring",
right_ear="Enmerkar Earring",
left_ring="Overbearing Ring",
right_ring="Defending Ring",
back={ name="Visucius's Mantle", augments={'Pet: M.Acc.+20 Pet: M.Dmg.+20','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Pet: Mag. Acc.+10','Pet: "Regen"+10','System: 1 ID: 1247 Val: 4',}},}

My Turtle set all that super overkill not rly needed. Cape has 10 Pet MDT dunno why it wont show. I meant if you were to use ranger and cor to pew pew odin so auto keeps hate better. I would have swap alot of gear around for that to. I would love to to try a pup burn with one overdrive pew with sharpshots autos.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-06-13 07:49:32
Link | Citer | R

Allright thanks, will check my gear later. Haven't used PUP for tanking in a long, long, long time.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
By Aerix 2019-07-23 18:27:51
Link | Citer | R

I don't remember who reported that it was impossible to get both Pet: MAB and Pet: MACC at the same time with Reisenjima augments, but at least it seems to be possible via DM augments:

Also, another PUPdate! Woo! Let's hope they don't just add RDM merit spells but fix the BLM maton and/or some attachments.
By Nariont 2019-07-23 20:24:28
Link | Citer | R

i want to say that only applies to valorous but i never really tried making a pet nuke set either so could be all of them.
 Cerberus.Dekar
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2019-07-24 22:22:48
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone ever tried using Harlequin head/Valoredge body? I know it's not the best, but how would Overdrive/Might Strikes Bone Crusher do against certain enemies?
By clearlyamule 2019-07-24 23:19:04
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
Has anyone ever tried using Harlequin head/Valoredge body? I know it's not the best, but how would Overdrive/Might Strikes Bone Crusher do against certain enemies?
I haven't done it seriously but did some minor testing for other reasons.

Here's the thing... pet pdif is kind of messed up so when your pdif is capped (which it likely will be with OD if you use any fire maneuvers) the dmg between a crit and non crit is all of like 7-11% so unless you uncapped pdif or really need the acc wont accomplish much
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-07-25 02:00:00
Link | Citer | R

don't autos have the weird thing like avatars do that a crit doesn't go over the pet's cap? like if it's 3 and you're capped, it stays 3 instead of going to 4 like it does for players. i don't remember all the testing done for auto damage
By Nariont 2019-07-25 06:10:14
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure thats the case for all pets
By clearlyamule 2019-07-25 16:32:50
Link | Citer | R

yeah already said that above. Pet crits have always been weird like that. Any increase will be due to either being uncapped pdif or possibly some small crit dmg trait
By sharazisspecial 2019-07-30 11:09:15
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Puppetmasters are getting adjustments to certain attachments, with some getting their activation conditions changed from consuming maneuvers to generating burden. Coupled with previous adjustments, we expect this to be the last set of adjustments we make of this kind in light of potential balance issues that may arise.

Quote:
・Adjust effects of certain attachments
・Add display for the rate of Overload

Potential Flame holder and Ice maker buff best case. It would reward players who made the Kenkoken.

Would be lame if it was just a change to Economizer,Schurzen,Replicator. Three rarely used attachments (they still wouldn’t be used after this change.)

The language in the statement "Potential Balance Issues" makes me believe it is a Flame holder,Icemaker buff because otherwise it would be laughable if they thought adjusting Economizer,Schurzen and Replicator would cause any sort of balance issues.
By Aerix 2019-07-30 13:17:34
Link | Citer | R

It's cute they think any fixes to PUP could even cause potential balance issues when we have AFAC Nirvana SMNs, DP CORs and other completely overpowered things in the game.

Flame Holder with Firex2 + Wind could result in pretty sweet Arcuballista numbers though. But giving up another attachment for that really diminishes it. I'm afraid for the standard Automaton DD setup that Speedloader II may be the first thing to go, although that could cause issues multistepping with the master as Inhibitors could force incorrect skillchains. But fortunately it'll also make the matons more responsive and close SCs more quickly during any other usage.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-07-30 13:20:26
Link | Citer | R

Maybe that's because they finally came up with the "copies the buffs on master to automaton" attachment. #onecandream
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-07-30 13:26:28
Link | Citer | R

I just want a dang aoe enmity attachment. That is all.
By Aerix 2019-07-30 13:32:15
Link | Citer | R

There's no mention of new attachments being added, so don't get your hopes up. In the previous update they specifically announced adding new ones.
By Xaander 2019-07-30 13:39:08
Link | Citer | R

The overload display is better late than never I suppose, but it's so damn late.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 94 95 96