First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 121 122 123
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-08-14 04:23:34
Link | Citer | R

Pilipinoboi said: »
Wildfire will not be able to compete or outparse Leaden or Trueflight inside Dynamis. The purpose for having 1 Wildfire person inside W3 is to reset the decay of damage Leaden / Trueflight. (Which the person prior to my post has already touched upon.)

However, that person being the designated WF spammer has a very important role for the alliance even though they won't show up on top parses against TF RNG / Leaden COR / RDM on Fetters.

This is wholly dependent on the alliance structure and available support. In a full RNG/COR party set-up, support can focus on the proper buffs and mob debuffs to enhance ranged magic damage.

Wave3
Volte are dark based and have some resistance to DRK based magic damage. If a GEO at least has Malaise up, Wildfire is a much stronger option than Leaden Salute or Savage Blade in an optimized COR. For instance, if the melee in my party are weak or frequently DCing, my GEO will start throwing-up malaise, an available SCH may firestorm me, BRD will focus on songs to help bring my Wildfire damage up to the 40k-50k range. Otherwise, my Savage Blades and Wildfires hit Volte for 25k-35k in a melee set-up.

Dyna Bosses
Any Dyna Boss will need a variety of ws from all who can melee including the support due to the game mechanics involved. If you are going in with a RNG team, you may be low on GEO, BRD or WHM to support melee. This is when you stagger damage between Wildfire and Leaden Salute at a distance to avoid lowering Leaden Salute damage to 5k.

Zerde
I've done Zerde Wildfire spam ranged with MidGuardians and melee with Inquisition. It's fun either way. RNGed is about 10-20 secs faster than melee because of triple shot. Usually Zerde dies just before triple shot wears. Like Afania mentioned, optimized CORs will hit 80k-99k Wildfires on Zerde. I credit the availability of a great support team of GEOs, SCHs, BRDs. RDM to make this work. You won't be able to pull off this kind of damage no matter how well geared your COR is without a great support team. 3 optimized COR/RNGs can carry a whole alliance on Zerde in roughly 60 secs. 2 optimized COR/RNG + assorted melee will take about 30 secs longer if all goes well in the stunning department. If it takes longer than that, someone may have missed bolstering or debuffing.

I don't always play Dyna or do Helms with my home LS. Sometimes my LS leader Lex lets me help other LSes on Bahamut. So I need to come prepared to do all kinds of damage a COR can do. I never know what support availability is going to be when I help another LS. This is why I have 3 r25 Rostams, 3 r15 guns, 1k TP gun, and assortment of other gear to keep COR optimized. COR is a versitile support job that can deal heavy damage when optimized and auxiliary support is competent.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-08-14 09:48:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Minimuse said: »
BRD will focus on songs to help bring my Wildfire damage up
What songs do you usually request for this?
By geigei 2020-08-14 09:57:20
Link | Citer | R

I can only think at double etudes and threnody on mob.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-08-17 22:52:00
Link | Citer | R

This is probably situational based on my other gear, but for leaden salute I'm not sure which augment to go with for Herculean Gloves:

a) macc+20 mab+47
b) macc+20 mab+20 wsd+6%
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-08-18 01:29:07
Link | Citer | R

Close, but I get your set "a" slightly ahead. Like just plugging them in with some generic set values aside from glove, average 1000/2000/3000 tp damage was:
a) 8991 14111 20338
b) 8879 13931 20102

Performance is close enough that you might want to consider what other use you could get out of the gloves to make that almost "tiebreaker" call. Any other magical WS on almost any of the Herculean jobs would really like the b path - as well as some jobs for non-magical 1hit/WSD weaponskills (maybe not the Meghanada +2 set jobs though, since those are nice easily obtained WSD+7 hands)? Maybe you care about raw MAB on some other job for some reason (or you don't have Carmine+1 hands and could use em for COR QD damage gear)?
[+]
 Valefor.Chancee
Serveur: Valefor
user: Madidu
By Valefor.Chancee 2020-08-18 10:57:17
Link | Citer | R

How about this one for Herculean Trousers:

MACC 7 MAB 34

or

MACC 5 MAB 17 WSD 4
By SimonSes 2020-08-18 11:04:52
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Chancee said: »
How about this one for Herculean Trousers:

MACC 7 MAB 34

or

MACC 5 MAB 17 WSD 4

Neither of them.
It's super easy to get better ones with regular stones augment.
 Valefor.Chancee
By Valefor.Chancee 2020-08-18 11:11:23
Link | Citer | R

I appreciate the reply but the comment was unhelpful - I've burned through a lot of stones and that is the best i've gotten thus far. So the question remains.. lol
By SimonSes 2020-08-18 11:24:33
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Chancee said: »
I appreciate the reply but the comment was unhelpful - I've burned through a lot of stones and that is the best i've gotten thus far. So the question remains.. lol

I would just keep trying.

If you want the answer tho, you can just use answer above.

There is 27MAB difference and 6%WSD difference, so 4.5 mab for each 1%WSD and MAB is winning by ~1.3%

You have 17 MAB difference and 4%WSD, so 4.25 mab per 1%WSD.
You are 1 MAB away from 4.5 vs 1% ratio. 1 point of MAB wont make huge difference, so you can assume that 34MAB will win with 17MAB and 4%WSD, but the advantage is probably less than 1%.
 Valefor.Chancee
By Valefor.Chancee 2020-08-18 11:31:48
Link | Citer | R

That's what I was thinking - thank you!!
 Phoenix.Vespajava
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Vespajava
By Phoenix.Vespajava 2020-08-18 13:04:54
Link | Citer | R

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48530/post-your-dark-matter-augments-here/36/#3538471

This is kinda what you hope for. Best of luck. Been rerolling trousers since i dont know when, and truthfully, WSD+ alone does not make them effing amazing. Supporting stats from usual stones, pellucid, etc, will put some 'oompf' behind ur LS nearly as well a seemingly amazing DM aug, but the stat vomit accompanying those DM/WSD pieces should be a factor when you decide to keep w/e the roll is. Also, not likely ur gonna get an amazing AGI roll in that mix. Just speaking from experience. RNGeezus will shine on the piece you least expect, so .... get back at it. Cheers.
By SimonSes 2020-08-18 14:02:02
Link | Citer | R

The easiest and cheapest is to go for pellucid stones augment and target 35mab with 4wsd.
[+]
By Whynez 2020-08-20 12:02:26
Link | Citer | R

What is the minimum MAB and WSD needed on herc gloves to beat carmine +1?
By SimonSes 2020-08-20 12:22:07
Link | Citer | R

Whynez said: »
What is the minimum MAB and WSD needed on herc gloves to beat carmine +1?

It really depends on your stats without gloves, but I would say around 47 MAB I guess and around 3 less MAB for each point of WSD (so for example 32mab and 5wsd).
By Whynez 2020-08-20 12:34:51
Link | Citer | R

Good to know. I pretty much have all the gear from the guide for leaden, just working on herc gloves now. Best so far is 11 MAB and 7 wsd, but I’ll keep rolling them.
 Asura.Botosi
Serveur: Asura
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-08-20 19:45:28
Link | Citer | R

I have a mule for that for some purposes I don’t want meleeing in every fight. I figure having her go /WHM and helping erase/cure wouldn’t be a bad idea. Does anyone have any cure sets for COR? If so, how does it work for you?
By Afania 2020-08-20 20:11:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Botosi said: »
I have a mule for that for some purposes I don’t want meleeing in every fight. I figure having her go /WHM and helping erase/cure wouldn’t be a bad idea. Does anyone have any cure sets for COR? If so, how does it work for you?

Most of the good cure potency gears came from DM augmented herc and gun.

Besides DM:
Sanus ensis main hand.
Phalaina Locket
Cure potency ambuscade back or Solemnity Cape
Lebeche Ring
Mendi. Earring
DI earring for healing skill
Anwig Salade with cure potency augment.
[+]
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-08-21 11:27:58
Link | Citer | R

the dark days of cor/whm making a comeback? :P
[+]
By Afania 2020-08-21 13:20:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chendar said: »
the dark days of cor/whm making a comeback? :P

If you multi box with a single DD setup, like SAM solo multi step or MNK using SB builds, there's not many reason for cor to melee since it just feeds TP or interrupt SC.
[+]
By eeternal 2020-08-24 14:31:02
Link | Citer | R

Would this be good for LS/AE? or I need something more focused on MAB 35+ and 4 WSD? not sure
By SimonSes 2020-08-24 14:46:16
Link | Citer | R

eeternal said: »

Would this be good for LS/AE? or I need something more focused on MAB 35+ and 4 WSD? not sure

Very good for Savage. Not really that good for magic WSs. MAB35 and 4%WSD would be better or some 40+ mab alone from DM.
By eeternal 2020-08-24 14:48:15
Link | Citer | R

much obliged Simon <3
By malakef 2020-09-09 09:06:38
Link | Citer | R

I hate to be the jerk that fails at searching but for some reason I can’t find the post that had the average value achieved for COR rolls. I want to say it was done by Afania and it would basically account for the different scenarios of when you would double up or when you would snake eye and come out with say an average chaos roll gives you x%. Anyways if someone could point me to it I would appreciate it. Thanks.
By SimonSes 2020-09-11 13:30:36
Link | Citer | R

Not sure why this wasnt mentioned (or was it?), but wouldnt Ternion +1 be better than Tauret for Leaden Salute sub hand? Especially assuming melee tp gain?

- 5%WSD should be around the same as 16 mab
- Same macc
- Tauret has much higher magic damage, but Ternion has 10-15 AGI, and magic damage is not really potent on WSs with high fTP
- Ternion has 9% subtle blow, 4%TA and very slightly lower delay
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-11 13:34:11
Link | Citer | R

it would be great if COR could wear it.

[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-11 14:20:09
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
it would be great if COR could wear it.

Oh yeah lol.
Friday brainfart: checked
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-11 14:20:44
Link | Citer | R

In your defense, @Simon- it really is pretty jacked up COR isn't on it :)
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-09-11 14:34:48
Link | Citer | R

Yeah but good thing BLM, SMN, SCH, and GEO are, right?
[+]
By Whynez 2020-09-22 19:22:28
Link | Citer | R

Would anyone be able to help me with how to swap to orpheus sash when using leaden or wf when within the proper distance? I'm using selndrile's lua so I'm not sure if the rules go in the job lua or the gear lua.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-09-22 19:45:05
Link | Citer | R

Whynez said: »
Would anyone be able to help me with how to swap to orpheus sash when using leaden or wf when within the proper distance? I'm using selndrile's lua so I'm not sure if the rules go in the job lua or the gear lua.
Pretty sure it’s built in, hop on his discord he is always willing to help
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 121 122 123