users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 121 122 123
By Aerix 2019-06-30 14:18:07
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Missing the point, but whatever.

(By swapping gears, I meant swap it in any way you want, not necessarily botting. Idk why you put 2 of my different sentence in the same one in the same quote and change the meaning of my post.)

I didn't miss your point. You literally suggested using React to counter the drawback of a piece of gear.

As for the ilevel thing, I thought it also causes you to incur an Accuracy penalty or something of the sort, but maybe not.

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Id hardly call react a bot, it can do the exact same thing gearswap luas can do.

Anything that fully automates actions without any input of yours is technically a bot. Doesn't matter if it's accomplished through Gearswap or not.

Regardless, regular/simple Gearswaps mostly just enhance macro swaps, they don't swap gear for you automatically to make fights easier or trivial. A human often can't match a bot's reaction speed, especially when busy with other actions.
By Afania 2019-06-30 14:31:46
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »
I didn't miss your point. You literally suggested using React to counter the drawback of a piece of gear.

You did missed the point if you think I "suggest" using react. I don't even use windower nor any 3rd pt tool, why would I suggest anyone do something I don't do myself?

My point about react was that since community frequently use react, I may as well mention it.

My comment about "swap gear" isn't referring to react, but more about "make decisions on what to wear based on situations".

If you feel the lack of meva is hindering dps, swap it out. If you feel it's not hindering dps, use it. You don't have to full time one set in every situation.

It's really that simple and idk why people argue endlessly about it.
By Aerix 2019-06-30 14:39:28
Link | Citer | R

As far as status effect goes, just don't use it if mob has any that affects dps, or use react with resist set to counter it.

Those were your exact words, which is absolutely a suggestion to use React. You may claim it was unintentional, but then you need to learn to phrase your posts better.
[+]
By Afania 2019-06-30 15:14:20
Link | Citer | R

As far as status effect goes, just don't use it if mob has any that affects dps, or use react with resist set to counter it.

Those were your exact words, which is absolutely a suggestion to use React. You may claim it was unintentional, but then you need to learn to phrase your posts better.

Or read better. I clearly said "or" between the 2 options.

As far as status effect goes, just don't use it if mob has any that affects dps, or
use react with resist set to counter it.

Option 1:
just don't use it if mob has any that affects dps

OR
Option 2:
or use react with resist set to counter it.

Its not my fault that you completely ignored the 1st sentence.
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-06-30 15:15:27
Link | Citer | R

Just because you gave an option doesn't mean they weren't both suggestions.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-06-30 15:22:07
Link | Citer | R

it can be read both ways, now if it was "or use react with resist set to counter it if you have that" then its much more likely to be read as you stated.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-30 16:02:31
Link | Citer | R

This is the stupidest conversation I think iv ever read on ffxiah.
[+]
By hobo 2019-06-30 17:18:08
Link | Citer | R

if this is the stupidest conversation then you haven't been around long. there are some 0 iq conversations here
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-07-11 09:06:38
Link | Citer | R

Ok need some advice here. I have a good cor all dream tier gear, 1 rostam for rolls.

Is it really worth the 100mil for second rostam for path A? Does the double dmg proc on ws or just melee/rng'd?

Would like to know before I drop another 100mil.

Thanks.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-07-11 09:41:22
Link | Citer | R

Path A and B are arguably more 'worth it' than Path C.

Odin.Slore said: »
Does the double dmg proc on ws or just melee/rng'd

Double damage is on main-hand dagger swings only, and doesn't proc on WS.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-07-11 09:52:44
Link | Citer | R

gotcha, just don't know a cor offhand that uses one but Im like only 1 of 2 cors in LS. Rest of gear is dream tier off forums but my last stands are worthless it seems. In omen I'm barely hitting worth shooting them on stuff like bosses where my r15 Dp doesn't shine and thats with forma.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-07-11 12:42:47
Link | Citer | R

I'd hardly say that I'm your best source on COR, but I can say this: the only reason to offhand a Rostam is when you need extreme accuracy and ranged accuracy, because that +50 native on them is extremely potent. The augments only work in the mainhand.

That being said, the ability to have 2 Rostams that you can swap around in the mainhand slot is crazy powerful. I opted for a path A and a path C, because while the double damage on path A only procs on mainhand regular dagger swings, the STP will be active for your ranged shots. The path B option is great for a melee setup, I believe the best, but the path A option is extremely solid for melee and best for shooting, a nice balance.
By tyalangan 2019-07-11 12:45:34
Link | Citer | R

If you don’t have DP or go ranged is blurred +1 still better as offhand for Naegling main or have we switched to Tauret (lower delay, more acc and atk but no OAT)?
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2019-07-11 13:18:45
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
If you don’t have DP or go ranged is blurred +1 still better as offhand for Naegling main or have we switched to Tauret (lower delay, more acc and atk but no OAT)?
I mainhand Naegling and Offhand Tauret on a lot of Dyna Wave 2 mobs with my TP Bonus gun. I don't get a ton of resists and can swap between using Leaden on Statues and Savage on mobs. I do have DP however, so I'm using that ammo - YMMV.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2019-07-11 13:48:49
Link | Citer | R

I only have Naegling and not tauret* but if I really need the extra acc/DT I will offhand Rostam for savage blade, but blurred +1 tends to put me at top of parse in offhand for savage blade spam when I don’t die.
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-07-11 20:54:25
Link | Citer | R

gotcha, just don't know a cor offhand that uses one but Im like only 1 of 2 cors in LS. Rest of gear is dream tier off forums but my last stands are worthless it seems. In omen I'm barely hitting worth shooting them on stuff like bosses where my r15 Dp doesn't shine and thats with forma.

Last Stand in general is pretty meh ws outside of Fu where everything is amazing. Ideally in omen if you are dding you are getting melee buffs and dropping savages. Last Stand to do any kind of reasonable dmg needs a lot of attack buffs.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-11 22:08:52
Link | Citer | R

That 25stp on path A is a pretty big deal to cor for ranged attacks and melee leaden spams. the double dmg is a negligible stat. Most the time you'd Path A + Tauret for leaden, and for savage sets Naeg + Blurred knife +1 unless you need acc or DT in which case offhand any rostam for Acc + -12dt, great for hybrid dt sets.
By fonewear 2019-07-13 16:11:55
Link | Citer | R

You did missed the point if you think I "suggest" using react. I don't even use windower nor any 3rd pt tool, why would I suggest anyone do something I don't do myself?

My point about react was that since community frequently use react, I may as well mention it.

My comment about "swap gear" isn't referring to react, but more about "make decisions on what to wear based on situations".

If you feel the lack of meva is hindering dps, swap it out. If you feel it's not hindering dps, use it. You don't have to full time one set in every situation.

It's really that simple and idk why people argue endlessly about it.

Everything on the internet is an argument.
[+]
By Haorhu8 2019-07-13 17:23:36
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Dade said: »

Last Stand in general is pretty meh ws outside of Fu where everything is amazing. Ideally in omen if you are dding you are getting melee buffs and dropping savages. Last Stand to do any kind of reasonable dmg needs a lot of attack buffs.

not meh u just lack of dmg Leaden dont cover all dmg IG + with aeonic u can 4 steps for darkness and more
By Haorhu8 2019-07-13 17:25:42
Link | Citer | R

last stand is a powerful WS u cant compare last stand dmg with only FU and we all know why last S is meh with no chaos roll
[+]
By Afania 2019-07-13 17:32:02
Link | Citer | R

Haorhu8 said: »

last stand is a powerful WS u cant compare last stand dmg with only FU and we all know why last S is meh with no chaos roll

Wouldn't say its powerful compare with other heavy hitting ws that hit for 35 to 45k these days but its certainly not useless due to ability to multi step and hit things from afar/hit PD mobs.
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-07-14 02:03:30
Link | Citer | R

what?

Anywas, I was talking about omen since they guy was asking about in omen. Lsst Stand is really good when you can abuse aeonic AM or have to deal physical damage at ranged. Places like t4 reis rng strats, apex bats, or some ambus. The only time that really comes up in omen is Fu and OU at start. I'm not sure why you brought up leaden when the ws its competeting against is savage which hits way harder. ***on gin and kin hitting a light/radiance can punish you. Never said ws was trash, I have a rank 15 foma just never use it for omen bosses beyond previous listed.
By Afania 2019-07-14 08:01:11
Link | Citer | R

what?

Anywas, I was talking about omen since they guy was asking about in omen. Lsst Stand is really good when you can abuse aeonic AM or have to deal physical damage at ranged. Places like t4 reis rng strats, apex bats, or some ambus. The only time that really comes up in omen is Fu and OU at start. I'm not sure why you brought up leaden when the ws its competeting against is savage which hits way harder. ***on gin and kin hitting a light/radiance can punish you. Never said ws was trash, I have a rank 15 foma just never use it for omen bosses beyond previous listed.

Omen is exactly where it shines though. You need ranged dmg to trigger Ou Ebullient Nullification safely. COR can also solo push ou last 10% with last stand multi step.

If you spam savage for ou last 10% youll probably time out as solo DD lol.

I suppose it can also be useful on kei for both mage strat and melee multi step. light from last stand can open SC for blm to MB. And melee setup needs multi step for that too.

So thats 3/5 omen boss fight that benefits from it.

I feel multi step is something really under utilized by CORs, especially light/physical side of it. I really rarely see people attempt it even when they are the only DD engaged to a mob.

I guess the fact that last stand needs ranged buffs kinda suck compare with jobs like sam war dnc.

But think about it, CC No.11 allied roll with +8 should hit 45% SCB, /dnc gives another 8%. We can hit highest SCB in game without additional help, we really should utilize multi step more in lowman situations.

I guess once Im done playing with DNC I should go back to cor and play with some multi step strategies and share them. Im thinking something like kei(light), teles(dark) and zerde(light).
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-07-14 08:41:16
Link | Citer | R

I feel multi step is something really under utilized by CORs, especially light/physical side of it. I really rarely see people attempt it even when they are the only DD engaged to a mob.

PREACH ON. With the power that Corsair now wields and how freely gil flows these days, I see more and more bandwagon CORs pick up their Death Penalty and just assume that Leaden Salute spam will make them a DD monster. Then when they fire them at Omen bosses or parts of reisen HELM or Volte mobs in Dyna-D only to see 1/20th the damage that other options can do, I want to reach thru my screen and shake 'em! Good lord its like the days of Bandwagnarok WARs who thought just getting the weapon was all they needed to be UBER L33T!

I believe that weapon selection at the appropriate time is paramount for RNGs and CORs probably more than any other job(s) in the game right now. We have so many possible ways to deal damage, be it ranged physical, ranged magical, melee physical, even melee AoE magical, knowing when to break out what has become even more important than ever.

I'm not saying you need every RMEA, two Rostams, Naegling, and a +2 neck to be good. I'm saying you need to understand the mechanics of the target you are fighting, have appropriate sets for various situations, and be fluid enough to change around quickly. There are cheap ways to be effective in all situations, and then as you wish improve those sets/weapons slowly over time. And yes, there are times when spamming Savage Blade will be your best DPS option- say an alliance situation where multi-stepping isn't logical due to 5 or more melees all going at a target. And there certainly are times when leaning on Leaden lends to leading the parse. But its not every time.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-14 09:41:32
Link | Citer | R

These days I find it rare that I use a r15 fomal for anything, aside from those random phys ranged ambu's, If it doesnt take good dmg from leaden, I resort to savage blade which always hits harder than Last stand. Im also never the only DD in any situation so the aeonic AM is fairly pointless in most cases due to ws spam. and with rostam offhand for those hard hitting aoe mobs where leaden doesnt work and you resort to savage blade, that really helped out cor's survivability in those type of situations without sacrificing tons of dps. Even on ranger, if Trueflight doesnt work, I resort to r15 anni over r15 fomal. So its not crazy for bandwagon cors to get a DP before a fomal at all.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-14 10:34:30
Link | Citer | R

It really depends on resources. If you have any friends or organizational skill, you can make fomalhaut in a matter of 10-14 hours time invested and no gil. DP will be 50+ hours and well over 200m.

If you have everything else maxed out and solid gil flow, sure, make the DP and fall back on savage or DP last stands. If not, fomalhaut is seriously not that far behind for leaden. Save your 200m, save your time, polish everything else and have a usable job. 200m pays for all your relic+3 upgrades, all your af+3 upgrades, and a whole lot of other gear. You can go back for DP later. This goes double if you don't have access to RMEA augments yet, since without augments the difference between fom and DP is damn near nothing.

I wouldn't really agree that savage is always a better fallback either, sitting in aoe is obviously inferior to being out of aoe on anything that debuffs or dispels and the damage difference is pretty small. Savage is still a more important setup to have, though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-07-14 10:34:42
Link | Citer | R

These days I find it rare that I use a r15 fomal for anything, aside from those random phys ranged ambu's, If it doesnt take good dmg from leaden, I resort to savage blade which always hits harder than Last stand. Im also never the only DD in any situation so the aeonic AM is fairly pointless in most cases due to ws spam. and with rostam offhand for those hard hitting aoe mobs where leaden doesnt work and you resort to savage blade, that really helped out cor's survivability in those type of situations without sacrificing tons of dps. Even on ranger, if Trueflight doesnt work, I resort to r15 anni over r15 fomal. So its not crazy for bandwagon cors to get a DP before a fomal at all.

My intent was not to shame new CORs from picking a DP first- its definitely the right decision with the current meta. And yes, gear like a Naegling and Anarchy are quite easy to obtain and make Savage Blade more often than not our best choice for physical damage. My comments were more regarding those bandwagon CORs who think that Leaden is the be all, end all, and they needn't ever think about anything else.

But there are times where that SC dmg from Last Stand or Wildfire is quite beneficial, or merely the SC properties allows for overall better party/ally DPS. I was only intending to agree w/ afania's post regarding CORs multitude of DPS options.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-14 11:19:21
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

My intent was not to shame new CORs from picking a DP first- its definitely the right decision with the current meta. And yes, gear like a Naegling and Anarchy are quite easy to obtain and make Savage Blade more often than not our best choice for physical damage. My comments were more regarding those bandwagon CORs who think that Leaden is the be all, end all, and they needn't ever think about anything else.

But there are times where that SC dmg from Last Stand or Wildfire is quite beneficial, or merely the SC properties allows for overall better party/ally DPS. I was only intending to agree w/ afania's post regarding CORs multitude of DPS options.
Forsure, Iv seen so many R15 DP cors that dont even have the tpbonus gun for savage and almost refuse to obtain it. leaden definitely isnt everything.
By Afania 2019-07-14 12:08:24
Link | Citer | R

Im also never the only DD in any situation so the aeonic AM is fairly pointless in most cases due to ws spam.

It kinda depends on how you organize a run. Ambu with multiple adds benefit from using a strategy with multi step. COR is also a great job for lowmanning NM in a pt with 3-5 members.

I do agree that DP at this point is more valuable to endgame linkshell though. Its a job that can deal 200% more DPS than r15 bis war drk sam on w3 boss, why wouldn't people utilize it as hard as possible like they did to smn. It makes sense to push 1 aspect of a job that shines in serious raids than spread everything too thin.

I hate the dp bandwagon, personally. But I cant blame people for doing it.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-07-14 15:43:11
Link | Citer | R

I hate the dp bandwagon, personally. But I cant blame people for doing it.

Gotta admit, DP-bandwagon is a step up from the old AFK-roll bandwagon, tho! :)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 121 122 123