Asura.Shua
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2019-04-21 10:19:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Asura.Blitzjr said: »
Does anyone have a gearswap implementation for when Double / Triple shot are active to equip Oshosi Gear?
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
     if spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' then
        if buffactive['Triple Shot'] then
             equip(sets.TripleShot)
			 end
	  end
end

function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
    if buffactive[467] then
        equip(sets.midcast.TripleShot)
        handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
    else
                equip(sets.midcast.RA)
    end
end

I’ve recently started using this hook. Any suggestions for ACC? Lol. Now whenever I pop Triple Shot on high teir stuff its a wiff fest. I’ve tried tying it in with my RA ACC set. But seems like unless you have all HQ Oshosi that lowish- accuracy on NQ is going to hurt. (At least it did for me) Mdind helping me around this? That + to Triple Shot is amazing. Id just love to be able to land hits. Thanks in advanced!
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-21 10:25:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shua said: »
Does anyone have a gearswap implementation for when Double / Triple shot are active to equip Oshosi Gear?
Code
             equip(sets.TripleShot)
			 end
	  end
end

if buffactive[467] then
    else
                equip(sets.midcast.RA)
    end
end

I’ve recently started using this hook. Any suggestions for ACC? Lol. Now whenever I pop Triple Shot on high teir stuff its a wiff fest. I’ve tried tying it in with my RA ACC set. But seems like unless you have all HQ Oshosi that lowish- accuracy on NQ is going to hurt. (At least it did for me) Mdind helping me around this? That + to Triple Shot is amazing. Id just love to be able to land hits. Thanks in advanced!

Prolly would have to tie in tripleshot to your Racc sets toggle then make a midcast.tripleshot.acc set so when you toggle midracc/maxracc set, itll equip racc tripleshot set when that buff is up. idk, I use HQ and also drop some store tp pieces for pure racc to make up the difference.
By Afania 2019-04-21 10:47:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shua said: »
Code
             equip(sets.TripleShot)
			 end
	  end
end

if buffactive[467] then
    else
                equip(sets.midcast.RA)
    end
end

You need multiple tiers of racc for TS down set, as well as TS up. Basically you need 2 different versions of each acc tier.

My racc swap order for TS set is usually: Kwahu > enervating > oshosi body hq > racc rings x2 > meg feet > meg legs > laks head/legs/body combo.

Basically do racc swaps on accessory/oshosi feet first for overall less TS% loss.
By Gasho 2019-04-23 08:39:07
Link | Citer | R

is Orpheus's Sash BIS for leaden salute now?
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-23 17:36:18
Link | Citer | R

Gasho said: »
is Orpheus's Sash BIS for leaden salute now?
a certain distances yes.
By Afania 2019-04-28 02:40:23
Link | Citer | R

Anyone get some advice on a mdef/acc tp set that Im working on for dynamis ninja and iroha MT? The prioritization goal is capped mdt with whm shell5>max mdef>capped haste/dw/acc>ma/stp.

ItemSet 366412
Back: haste+10 mdt-10%
Total mdt:22% with 2 rolls up(should be capped with sheltered ring....I think?)
Total mdef:42

Besides bangle +1 which I need to find it somewhere, Im not sure if there are improvements to be make. Any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-28 03:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Have you checked out Hiep's group video? He was on Cor using Equip viewer, I'm a noob cor so I can't be much help aside from that i'm afraid.
They were using Carols too. It's been a while, but I don't think Iroha has any Fire AoEs, i'm pretty sure it's only Light, so maybe 1-2 light carols.

Here is video link if you are interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=668-Qo8J5ew
By Afania 2019-04-28 09:23:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Have you checked out Hiep's group video? He was on Cor using Equip viewer, I'm a noob cor so I can't be much help aside from that i'm afraid.
They were using Carols too. It's been a while, but I don't think Iroha has any Fire AoEs, i'm pretty sure it's only Light, so maybe 1-2 light carols.

I checked, they didnt use much mdt in tp set, just head/back, and they died at one point. Not the result I want :p

Its also not just for Iroha. Mdef seems to make quite a bit of difference on dynamis nins. Ive died to nin in my normal megh +2 hybrid set and took a lot of dmg. Switched to my high mdef pdt set in oshosi +1 and took 500 dmg or less. But these sets has no haste, dw nor acc, thats why I ended up making 2nd hybrid for melee stats.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-28 10:02:17
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I can understand that. Sorry I wasn't much help, I know how to roll on cor and that's it, even that's a bit off lol
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-04-28 10:09:43
Link | Citer | R

Sounds to me like you're probably resisting Mijin, not just reducing it.
By SimonSes 2019-04-28 14:44:55
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

I checked, they didnt use much mdt in tp set, just head/back, and they died at one point. Not the result I want :p

Its also not just for Iroha. Mdef seems to make quite a bit of difference on dynamis nins. Ive died to nin in my normal megh +2 hybrid set and took a lot of dmg. Switched to my high mdef pdt set in oshosi +1 and took 500 dmg or less. But these sets has no haste, dw nor acc, thats why I ended up making 2nd hybrid for melee stats.
Siren.Kyte said: »

I was actually trying to tell that to Afania several times now, but she is stubborn for that MDB. It's MEVA that cuts Mijin to such low numbers, not MDB. In full Inyanga +2 on BRD (super high MEVA set (beside hands) if someone didnt know) I sometimes take like <300 damage from Mijin.
By Afania 2019-04-28 17:00:15
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Siren.Kyte said: »

I was actually trying to tell that to Afania several times now, but she is stubborn for that MDB. It's MEVA that cuts Mijin to such low numbers, not MDB. In full Inyanga +2 on BRD (super high MEVA set (beside hands) if someone didnt know) I sometimes take like <300 damage from Mijin.

Huh? There's nothing stubborn about mdb. You are not sacrificing meva when you gear for mdb since all the high mdef gear has high meva silly. You get both stats the moment you put on oshosi/volte sets.

I'm also fairly sure mdb makes a difference for most of the magical dmg such as nukes/SMN AF etc. Does mdb not affect mijin dmg at all? Even if it doesnt there are still other magic dmg in game so its not like mdb isn't a good stat to aim for when your goal is to reduce all magic dmg with a set.
By Nariont 2019-04-28 18:07:01
Link | Citer | R

should, unless ive been eyeballing badly magus and/or mdb bubble are farily noticeable on mijin and HTB AF
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-04-28 21:42:17
Link | Citer | R

You misunderstood me. I wasnt saying to gear for meva instead of MDB, because like you noticed high MDB usually comes on pieces with high meva. What I wanted to say is that really low numbers from Mijin are resists caused by meva, not reduction from mdt/mdb. It's like MEVA reducing damage to 12.5-25%, then MDT/MDB reducing it further, so both work, but meva is what brings it down so much.
[+]
 Asura.Manticore
user: Manticore
By Asura.Manticore 2019-05-06 17:35:50
Link | Citer | R

Hi all!

Fairly new to gearswap, I am using Arislan's currently.

1) How do I tell it what mode I am trying to play? For instance, if I want to go Savage Blade build how do I tell it to stop equipping Death Penalty? How do I tell it I want to be Melee TP build DP or Range DP build etc?

2) When it refers to side car files, what does that mean?

Thanks in advance!
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-05-06 18:16:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Manticore said: »
Hi all!

Fairly new to gearswap, I am using Arislan's currently.

1) How do I tell it what mode I am trying to play? For instance, if I want to go Savage Blade build how do I tell it to stop equipping Death Penalty? How do I tell it I want to be Melee TP build DP or Range DP build etc?

2) When it refers to side car files, what does that mean?

Thanks in advance!

Lol...

Welcome to gearswap!!

1) If set up correctly, it responds to every command you have a rule for and equips stuff automatically. Melee is predefined usually as “engaged”. And when you go to use Savage Blade, you just use it. Gearswap auto equips the entire set instantly and you’re all set. Same with DP, etc. just need a rule for it.

If you want to check and make sure it’s equipping what you want it to, use //gs showswaps this will make it display everything it’s doing in your chat log that way if it’s doing anything weird, you know.

2) Those are supplementary codes to aid your set. For example, there’s a file I use for my COR Mule that displays the exact Potency of rolls based on gear Potency and number etc etc.

You’ll probably need them to fully utilize the intended functionality of your lua you just need to keep everything in the same general folder so the files can communicate

Welcome to Gearswap and with this you can now actually PLAY THE DAMN GAME and not fiddle around with macros forever losing DPS because you’re swinging in your WS gear almost a full 2 seconds after your WS completed, and stuff like that.
 Asura.Manticore
By Asura.Manticore 2019-05-06 19:06:09
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for this!

The swaps are working upon ability use, but how to I set "the stance" beforehand?

For instance lets say we were doing Ambu and I want to swap to my Savage set before we pull.

Or lets say we are doing Dyna and I want to go melee tp DP set etc.

The swaps work on my abilities but I don't know how to setup before battle to determine what playstyle it should do swaps for.

I am using the gearswap located on the first post, it just always swaps to DP melee build by default.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-05-06 19:29:24
Link | Citer | R

All the keybinds are listed at the top of the file:
Code
--  Weapons:    [ WIN+E/R ]         Cycles between available Weapon Sets
 Asura.Manticore
By Asura.Manticore 2019-05-07 10:22:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
All the keybinds are listed at the top of the file:
Code
--  Weapons:    [ WIN+E/R ]         Cycles between available Weapon Sets

Thank you so much!!!
By Afania 2019-05-08 23:59:16
Link | Citer | R

So Ive been doing dyna wave 3 recently again and Id say armageddon is now #2 rema for endgame cor in my mind. If Im going to rank the usefulness of cor rema/su5 in dynamis D Id say r15 DP > rostam A or B > r15 armageddon > path C rostam >fomalhaut. My pov is from melee setup only.

If you are trying to decide which cor rema to r15 and have a dyna ls, Id say armageddon is a better choice than fomalhaut to invest stwart on, since it has much bigger increase from r15 than fomal.

Wildfire is pretty strong on volte with malaise, consistently hitting 35-45k or even spike to 49k occassionally. Unlike leaden it never needs rayke nor threnody to land. Its also stronger than most physical ws on volte from what Ive seen, unless you can somehow magically cap pdif on every volte which requires lots of work.

But the biggest benefit of arma in dyna wave 3 is the versatility to switch between melee and ranged attack when situation calls for it. Armageddon can hit 1500+ racc completely unbuffed, add food/honor march I believe thats enough to cap acc on even leader mobs, without needing to sacrifice melee acc for prelude.

Fighting volte drg with shitty shock spike that repeatly stun you over and over? Just switch to ranged attack, problem solved. THF just used PD? Ranged attack, problem solved. Fighting mobs that can be somewhat dangerous like war geo? Run away and Ranged attack..... cor can even toss out a few ranged attack right after pull, before mob move to engage position to gain a bit more tp time than pure melee mode.

A build with armageddon allows cor to swich between melee and ranged smoothly without ever need to toggle weapon nor change buffs. And main hand permanent locked to rostam = more surviability than using a sword.

If your tank is slowish on aoe hate building wf may also help.

Personally, I can never go back to using a sword/savage melee mode for wave 3 again, nor I can be bothered with trying leaden and begging for rayke/threnody again. Armageddon ftw, highly recommended.
[+]
By Pilipinoboi 2019-05-09 00:38:23
Link | Citer | R

So Ive been doing dyna wave 3 recently again and Id say armageddon is now #2 rema for endgame cor in my mind. If Im going to rank the usefulness of cor rema/su5 in dynamis D Id say r15 DP > rostam A or B > r15 armageddon > path C rostam >fomalhaut. My pov is from melee setup only.

If you are trying to decide which cor rema to r15 and have a dyna ls, Id say armageddon is a better choice than fomalhaut to invest stwart on, since it has much bigger increase from r15 than fomal.

Wildfire is pretty strong on volte with malaise, consistently hitting 35-45k or even spike to 49k occassionally. Unlike leaden it never needs rayke nor threnody to land. Its also stronger than most physical ws on volte from what Ive seen, unless you can somehow magically cap pdif on every volte which requires lots of work.

But the biggest benefit of arma in dyna wave 3 is the versatility to switch between melee and ranged attack when situation calls for it. Armageddon can hit 1500+ racc completely unbuffed, add food/honor march I believe thats enough to cap acc on even leader mobs, without needing to sacrifice melee acc for prelude.

Fighting volte drg with shitty shock spike that repeatly stun you over and over? Just switch to ranged attack, problem solved. THF just used PD? Ranged attack, problem solved. Fighting mobs that can be somewhat dangerous like war geo? Run away and Ranged attack..... cor can even toss out a few ranged attack right after pull, before mob move to engage position to gain a bit more tp time than pure melee mode.

A build with armageddon allows cor to swich between melee and ranged smoothly without ever need to toggle weapon nor change buffs. And main hand permanent locked to rostam = more surviability than using a sword.

Personally, I can never go back to using a sword/savage melee mode for wave 3 again, nor I can be bothered with trying leaden and begging for rayke/threnody again. Armageddon ftw, highly recommended.

Only thing I would fit into Afania's order of progression would be Commodore Charm +2 R25 after A or B Rostam then can continue on.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-05-09 04:03:21
Link | Citer | R

If Im going to rank the usefulness of cor rema/su5 in dynamis D Id say r15 DP > rostam A or B > r15 armageddon > path C rostam >fomalhaut. My pov is from melee setup only.

Wouldn't everything you have said push Rostam A above B? :P
A is pretty much the same for spamming Leaden, because of points we discussed in the past (higher TP return with A makes up for very slightly less TP per round with B when using a high MA build, that you would use in dynamis D. Path B wins significantly only for stuff like TP in low MA hybrid sets, that you might use mainly for solo/lowman/niche scenario). Now A is being amazing and far superior for what you was saying about Arma and switching between melee and ranged, because B obviously loses a lot versus A for shooting. Unless you found a set that will get you to 1000+ TP in same number of shots, regardless of that +25 store tp from A?
By Afania 2019-05-09 07:39:03
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
If Im going to rank the usefulness of cor rema/su5 in dynamis D Id say r15 DP > rostam A or B > r15 armageddon > path C rostam >fomalhaut. My pov is from melee setup only.

Wouldn't everything you have said push Rostam A above B? :P
A is pretty much the same for spamming Leaden, because of points we discussed in the past (higher TP return with A makes up for very slightly less TP per round with B when using a high MA build, that you would use in dynamis D. Path B wins significantly only for stuff like TP in low MA hybrid sets, that you might use mainly for solo/lowman/niche scenario). Now A is being amazing and far superior for what you was saying about Arma and switching between melee and ranged, because B obviously loses a lot versus A for shooting. Unless you found a set that will get you to 1000+ TP in same number of shots, regardless of that +25 store tp from A?

Wf doesn't scale with tp so....

Admittedly I didn't calculate X hit in max racc tp set since my cor still need a lot of work on optimization, however I do melee in high to max acc set a lot, or else it won't be capped.
By SimonSes 2019-05-09 08:22:00
Link | Citer | R

Wf doesn't scale with tp so....

I know it doesn't that's why I mentioned xhit with shooting :P In theory if you can achieve same xhit with and without that +25 stp, then it doesn't matter, tho then you probably can get a lot of other stats by replacing stp in other slots.

Now for melee acc, you are using what offhand? With Tauret offhand and 3x adhemar+1 (head/body/hands), Meg leg +2, Herc boots with crappy acc, Windbuffet +1, Epona, Suppa, Telos, Ilabrat, clotharius torque i'm getting 1228 acc in main hand and 1211 in offhand before sushi. That should be enough for most things in Wave3 and that's still plenty of MA. If anything this set drops more STP than MA from optimal set, tho I agree that you could use different swaps and get more stp instead of MA from them, like adhemar legs +1 and Combatant torque. If I would need more accuracy I would further swap head to Tam or Herc with TA4%/acc/dex, get better accuracy on feet (I only have 15 acc and no DEX, so potentially at least +20 accuracy upgrade here) and if that's not enough probably Olseni belt. That set would still be plenty of MA.
By Afania 2019-05-09 18:49:47
Link | Citer | R

Pilipinoboi said: »

Only thing I would fit into Afania's order of progression would be Commodore Charm +2 R25 after A or B Rostam then can continue on.

I agree that charm +2 is really good if you really lack macc on volte. But if your setup can fit in 1 extra macc roll or geo bubble then Id say r15 arma is a much bigger increase to overall dps than +2 neck. I dont see neck beating 70 agi and ws+10% on gun in terms of getting more dps, personally. Nevermind the fact that whenever you shoot with am up 30% of them will do triple dmg.

Since many blm blu rdm mob takes forever to move when they are pulled, dont underestimate the extra dps with AM that come from extra ranged attack rounds, they add up.

Savage with naegling on volte is far below wildfire with arma/malaise imo. So Id prioritize arma and get rid of savage build as soon as possible, as long as your ls can provide macc support.

I need to practice playing the job a bit more in dyna myself, and optimize more sets for ranged now that SimonSes mentioned a few things which I havent thought of. hopefully I can share more experience another time....
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2019-05-22 05:16:54
Link | Citer | R

Best bullets for a non REMA COR?
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-05-22 06:46:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2019-05-22 08:44:38
Link | Citer | R

These appear to be in low supply on my server. I lack the synergy to create them. Are eminent the next best thing?
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2019-05-22 09:17:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tarquine said: »

These appear to be in low supply on my server. I lack the synergy to create them. Are eminent the next best thing?

I preferred using Decimating bullets on anything meaningful if divine were out of stock. Saved Eminent for CP parties where ranged attack/acc were less of a concern.

Decimating bullets can be purchased at the curio moogle. 18 less DMG than Eminent, but 10 racc and 5 ratk. Not sure how the math works out.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-05-22 09:18:37
Link | Citer | R

eminent bullet, adlivun bullet and orichalcum bullet.

Latter two can be purchased from Curio.

Asura.Reichleiu said: »
Decimating bullets can be purchased at the curio moogle. 18 less DMG than Eminent, but 10 racc and 5 ratk. Not sure how the math works out.

Oh right, forgot about those.
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 121 122 123