First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 121 122 123
 Asura.Cambion
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-01-17 16:29:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Anyone have a high accuracy melee set I can take a look at for some ideas? All I see on main page is this swap:

ItemSet 356886

Mummu +2 and/or Augmented Herculean Gear with Acc.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-01-17 17:06:46
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Anyone have a high accuracy melee set I can take a look at for some ideas? All I see on main page is this swap:

You missed the max acc swaps right next to it:
ItemSet 356887

If you need even more acc than that, then you're looking at augmented Herc and Meghanada +2.

But honestly, if you're that acc starved, then you're probably better off adjusting your buffs, or just going into a support stance, because your DPS will really be suffering by that point.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2019-01-17 18:06:53
Link | Citer | R

Is there another alternative to Combatant’s Torque? Need something to hold me over while I farm for one. Getting whiffy on some Wave 3 Dyna mobs.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-01-17 18:17:33
Link | Citer | R

lissome necklace or subtlety spectacles
[+]
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2019-01-18 08:20:25
Link | Citer | R

Lanun Knife still gets 20 STP on path A, yeah? Double checking bc its not on BG Wiki and I'd rather not drop ~10m and be wrong lol. Thinking of picking one up to hold me over til Rostam as my melee / ranged + leaden spam main hand. Spreadsheet has it as a decent DPS increase over Elatta even with lower WS dmg.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2019-01-18 08:26:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Trumpet said: »
Lanun Knife still gets 20 STP on path A, yeah? Double checking bc its not on BG Wiki and I'd rather not drop ~10m and be wrong lol. Thinking of picking one up to hold me over til Rostam as my melee / ranged + leaden spam main hand. Spreadsheet has it as a decent DPS increase over Elatta even with lower WS dmg.

It's on the dynamis divergence weapons augment page on BGwiki and it says it has STP+20 on there.
 Asura.Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2019-01-18 08:51:23
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »

It's on the dynamis divergence weapons augment page on BGwiki and it says it has STP+20 on there.

Aha thanks! I was just looking at the page for the knife itself, not overall augs
By Afania 2019-01-21 16:14:49
Link | Citer | R

Just sharing this in case if anyone need to kill T1 for returning player friends...

YouTube Video Placeholder

appearantly cor can solo golden kist with trusts in less than 2 min without ever need to proc white. In my multiple winning attempts I never see pandoras curse (the ***move) once. Then friend soloed it using the same strategy also didnt see it.

I think if cor just push through multiple manafront phase fast enough then it wont pandora because its busy casting maybe? Since it just perma manafront mode until it dies

(So yeah, poke me if you want a free feet :)

Edit: someone asked how to avoid stun, meva set+CC runiest+miso ramen resists stun majority of time. And I tp in oshosi set with high meva so they rarely land even in ra set.
[+]
By DaDrifter 2019-01-30 08:20:37
Link | Citer | R

With Hot Shot being a hybrid WS I don't know if I should the focus R.Att, WSD or MAB. What does a good Hot Shot set look like?
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-01-30 08:50:54
Link | Citer | R

If you're receiving attack buffs, you can go with your WF set, but with Fomalhaut, Moonshade and Fotias swapped in.
 Odin.Pistallion
By Odin.Pistallion 2019-02-01 08:08:20
Link | Citer | R

Is the first page updated or do I need to keep checking through the thread for the latest best gear lists?
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2019-02-01 08:39:34
Link | Citer | R

Look pretty up to date think the only weapon missing is the Ambu Sword/Dagger which could be argued as BiS OH for Leaden
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-02-01 09:18:38
Link | Citer | R

AH item lists haven't been updated, so haven't been able to put Elettas in sets yet.

With that said, there's really no real BIS weapons for Leaden, only situational options.
[+]
 Odin.Pistallion
By Odin.Pistallion 2019-02-01 12:57:01
Link | Citer | R

Ok cool. Im a newly returning player and new to COR. What do you guys recommend working on first once I get 99. (I did the basic stuff like completed RoV and the 119 sparks stuff on another job)
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-02-01 13:30:30
Link | Citer | R

The entry level sets in the guide were created with people in your situation in mind. The pieces are sourced from AH/NPCs and content you can solo in sparks or tackle in small groups.
 Odin.Pistallion
By Odin.Pistallion 2019-02-01 14:25:53
Link | Citer | R

Awesome! This guide is super helpful. Thank you! :D
 Asura.Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2019-02-02 08:48:51
Link | Citer | R

Probably don't worry too much about the taeon gear in the entry level sets because those can get really expensive on augs. Ambu gear will get you through to the more "mid tier" stuff well enough imo. Also gear for Savage Blade first, that one's relatively cheap and easy! Just my 2c as someone who started fresh within the last year as well, other than that this guide has been gospel ^^
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-02-02 10:41:45
Link | Citer | R

Probably don't worry too much about the taeon gear in the entry level sets because those can get really expensive on augs. Ambu gear will get you through to the more "mid tier" stuff well enough imo. Also gear for Savage Blade first, that one's relatively cheap and easy! Just my 2c as someone who started fresh within the last year as well, other than that this guide has been gospel ^^

Taeon's relatively accessible compared to other useful 119 sets, tho. You can literally farm them without ever pulling out a weapon in Yorcia(A). Entry KI items are easy to come by, too.

And as long as you don't go ham for perfect pieces, the augment system can yield some decent results w/ NQ stones.

Taeon's not something you'll just toss after you're done with it on COR, too. Boots still in rotation for all dual wield jobs. RDM still uses the TA set for TP. You can re-aug the pieces for Phalanx/spell interruption on BLU and RUN. Etc.
By aigulfe 2019-02-02 13:39:50
Link | Citer | R

Heck, save up some red mog pells and you don't even need to farm taeon. And most of the stones are way cheaper now then they were even a few months back. I find a good chunk of the player bases overlooks taeon/telchine etc but these sets still have plenty of use. On some jobs (GEO for sure) they're mandatory.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-02-02 13:40:05
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Probably don't worry too much about the taeon gear in the entry level sets because those can get really expensive on augs.

Taeon's relatively accessible compared to other useful 119 sets, tho. You can literally farm them without ever pulling out a weapon in Yorcia(A). Entry KI items are easy to come by, too.

And as long as you don't go ham for perfect pieces, the augment system can yield some decent results w/ NQ stones.

Also worth noting that Alluvion stones are far more accessible/cheap these days due to relatively little demand and huge supply from being a regular appearance in Ambuscade, login campaigns, and the big one - red mog pells.

Red pells give a stack of +1 stones that many people get on mains and all mules, and they're the best sellable item generated from pells. I've found +1s to give very good results too. It's really not that unreasonable if you're shooting for like, a specific snapshot or fast cast piece.

I have a ton of pet Taeon gear for PUP, 5/5 perfect +10 enhancing duration Telchine, etc... I've done a lot of augs. And it's so, so, much easier now.

EDIT: aigulfe just beat me to the exact same point. Totally agreed.
 Asura.Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2019-02-02 16:56:07
Link | Citer | R

Those stones got me good when I was starting out and just farming sparks/salvage for gil. Spent more trying to make a decent doomsday than most ppl merc the Moly gun for as an example, at which point I swore off those things unless it was the only possible way to get a stat. The cost of stones isn't so intimidating now, but starting out they were def a gil sink that didn't pay off for me.

But it sounds like I may have just had some extra poor luck with them then, ignore me if that's not your experience!
 Asura.Celious
user: celious
By Asura.Celious 2019-02-02 20:16:18
Link | Citer | R

Could someone explain how the gearsets in the front page translate to a damage spreadsheet? I keep getting figures that don't seem right..

I'm trying to compare my current savage blade set to the dream tier set on the front page to gauge improvements I can make. My target is set to Apex Bats (ilvl 136). I figured that was a safe place because anything higher in ilvl, I'm typically in a ranged low-man set-up (Omen bosses, T2+ Reisenjima). I made it so the buffs/debuffs between the two sets were identical, and limited to COR + GEO buffs (Myself + my mule). Each time, my current set exceeds the dream tier? I'll put my savage blade set below for pointers as well.

ItemSet 364857

Augments: Moonshade = MAB/TP Bonus // Cape = 30STR/20ACC/20ATK/10WSD
 Lakshmi.Rylis
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2019-02-02 20:45:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Celious said: »
Could someone explain how the gearsets in the front page translate to a damage spreadsheet? I keep getting figures that don't seem right..

I'm trying to compare my current savage blade set to the dream tier set on the front page to gauge improvements I can make. My target is set to Apex Bats (ilvl 136). I figured that was a safe place because anything higher in ilvl, I'm typically in a ranged low-man set-up (Omen bosses, T2+ Reisenjima). I made it so the buffs/debuffs between the two sets were identical, and limited to COR + GEO buffs (Myself + my mule). Each time, my current set exceeds the dream tier? I'll put my savage blade set below for pointers as well.

ItemSet 364857

Are you asking why your set might be winning in terms of a spreadsheet? If so, it could be because you're not adding the various augment values that would be in the savage blade dream tier sets? Augs for Herc head and legs, Comm +2 neck, as well as the regal set bonus. If you are adding those correctly, it seems highly unlikely your set would come out ahead, as you're missing at least 15% WSD from Epam and +2 v. +3 Lanun, not to mention the 8-10% for perfect non-DM herc aug possibilities, and without directly calculating, you should even still be under on STR and attack with your set for theoretical herc augs.

I don't believe they call out the specific augs herc should have, and I can't speak to the exact values they're calculating, but reasonably, you could imagine STR +15(10) Acc/ATK 20+ WSD 4(5) per piece as an expectation of a high end baseline. Similarly, Comm +2 would add 15 STR as a relevant stat to Savage Blade.

If you're talking about actual testing in-game, there are more variables involved, and questions of sample sizes and such would become necessary, but I'm guessing you're limiting it to spreadsheets, so I won't get into the problems with directly comparing there.
By Afania 2019-02-02 20:58:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Celious said: »

ItemSet 364857

If your pdif is way too low, its entirely possible for attack on megh beats wsd on herc. Wsd is only really really good at high pdif when every ws do so much higher.

Epa ring doesnt beat regal unless pdif is very very close to cap.
[+]
By Autocast 2019-02-05 16:47:46
Link | Citer | R

so for a new cor without rostam, ambu sword/dagger for melee leaden+wildfire? no more fettering or hep rapier+1? how about shooting + magic WS for a non rostam cor?
By Afania 2019-02-05 18:23:14
Link | Citer | R

Autocast said: »
so for a new cor without rostam, ambu sword/dagger for melee leaden+wildfire?

Yes
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-05 18:28:31
Link | Citer | R

so for a new cor without rostam, ambu sword/dagger for melee leaden+wildfire? no more fettering or hep rapier+1? how about shooting + magic WS for a non rostam cor?

New cor or new player?

for new cor If you cant get a rostam, get some Lanun Knifes and aug path A for ranged and Path B for melee. Off hand eletta forsure, But Id use a fettering mainhand for ranged leadens for the extra racc for tp building. Melee leaden setup Blurred knife +1 and Eletta.

new player Yea eletta x2.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-02-05 18:47:16
Link | Citer | R

no more fettering or hep rapier+1?

Rapier +1, Fettering, Atoyac, and Blurred all still have their situational uses.
By Autocast 2019-02-05 20:55:47
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Rapier +1, Fettering, Atoyac, and Blurred all still have their situational uses.

which would be?
By aigulfe 2019-02-05 21:29:51
Link | Citer | R

Gonna be interesting to see what the next level of Eletta will be... is this next update the last upgrade to these do we know?
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 121 122 123