Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 121 122 123
By Afania 2018-07-19 19:00:04
Link | Citer | R

Nyarlko said: »
For enmity control, have you tried using SCH SP2 to transfer the party's hate to a BLM, then have the BLM Enmity Douse? Do CORs cap enmity too fast for this to be useful? (ie: Does it take less or more than 50% of the fight to cap enmity?)

We weren't prepared for hate issue at all, nor we anticipate it.

It's something we found out after a pirate sacrifice. ._.
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-07-19 20:11:05
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Nyarlko said: »
For enmity control, have you tried using SCH SP2 to transfer the party's hate to a BLM, then have the BLM Enmity Douse? Do CORs cap enmity too fast for this to be useful? (ie: Does it take less or more than 50% of the fight to cap enmity?)

We weren't prepared for hate issue at all, nor we anticipate it.

It's something we found out after a pirate sacrifice. ._.

our cors are fairly comparable, our "Mage" runs mostly consist of Blus for AoE spamming and only 1-2 blm, so on NMs i find it best to rotate salute closer because 1 SC will be fine but once the second SC goes if its the same cor the NM WILL be locked on, even if one cor is a little less well geared i still think its best to rotate, dead cor deals no damage. it takes us around 3-4 SC rotations on most NMs. we haven't done much in tier 3 dyna so most of this is T1-2.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-19 20:12:59
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 356847

New preshot set

Should be 2 rapid shot gain over old ones.

Not sure how much work goes into adjusting the guide, but something that may be of interest is to make preshot sets that incorporate Haverton also. I personally use this for my non-flurry set currently. And with new neck @ +1/2 in my set, I could swap Impulse for Yemaya. Which would still be 70~72 (Depending on HQ ring/neck) Snap, and 39 Rapid in a non-flurried set.

ItemSet 357638
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-07-19 21:58:43
Link | Citer | R

We made the decision to not include Adoulin Rings in our sets, so the guide would be friendlier to a wider audience.

Thanks for sharing your precast tho.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-19 22:07:34
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
We made the decision to not include Adoulin Rings in our sets, so the guide would be friendlier to a wider audience.

Sorry if that came across wrong, was more so suggesting having 2 sets of preshot sets. 1 that includes haverton, as well as the sets you guys currently have posted. Although i must say, with new neck I'm debating on trading my haverton in for something else.
By Afania 2018-07-19 22:14:44
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

Sorry if that came across wrong, was more so suggesting having 2 sets of preshot sets. 1 that includes haverton, as well as the sets you guys currently have posted. Although i must say, with new neck I'm debating on trading my haverton in for something else.

New neck or not Im personally not seeing a few point of rapid shot and racc being more useful than 4% wsd.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-19 22:22:17
Link | Citer | R

New neck or not Im personally not seeing a few point of rapid shot and racc being more useful than 4% wsd.

4%.. you must have a lot of motivation, i'm too lazy to do all those quests for +1 ring. But issue is finding a +2 neck =(
By Afania 2018-07-19 22:52:49
Link | Citer | R

4%.. you must have a lot of motivation, i'm too lazy to do all those quests for +1 ring. But issue is finding a +2 neck =(

Im pretty lazy/casual myself, and I love quests in ffxi that I can just log on, play for 15 min, log off and still make progress.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-07-21 19:55:50
Link | Citer | R

ok so, i was helping some 1 with AA GK and shooting on cor so i had koru for flurry except instead he was using haste 2 .... WTF?
By Ruaumoko 2018-07-22 06:45:41
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Shout out to the OP, Arislan.

And I'm going to pass out for the night. Peace.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-07-22 08:22:17
Link | Citer | R

I tip my tricorne to you good sir. Well done!

Will embed in the guide asap.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-07-22 10:43:16
Link | Citer | R

maybe i missed you mention it but i did not hear it, you mention the ranged damage correction thing and how gun has a dmg boost at nearly melee range and yea thats true for last stand however it does not apply to wildfire and salute (unsure about hot shot) so you could shoot from max range and still do full dmg on WF or salute. The other thing i wanted to mention is the enmity generation issue with corsair, while corsair doesn't seem to get any way to manage enmity other than not attacking its not entirely true, magical WSs all generate much less enmity than physical WSs and while i'm not an expert on the specifics i know its because the enmity calculation doesn't count all the boost in dmg beyond base dmg so while you can do 70k salute you are only getting enmity for like 10k, this of course does not count for phys WSs and Skillchains, skillchains are where corsair gets really screwed on enmity because yea you just did 50k salute for a nice low magic WS enmity number but because salute can reach outrageous numbers so easily your skillchain dmg will be downright sickening and you will pull a ton of enmity from it, and this is why i suggest SC rotating when possible from 2 corsairs on larger targets.
By Afania 2018-07-22 11:24:03
Link | Citer | R

The job has tons of in and out due to its multi facet nature, if a video or a guide is going to cover everything then it'll be a 3 hr video instead of 25 min, lol.

The only part that I disagree with in the video is bad solo ability. While it can be true before trust exists now with trust its actually a damn good solo class.

- Leaden 3 steps destroys number of NM even with minimial buffs, which makes it less dangerous and efficient to farm some of the drops. Some of the nm in game that can be leaden 3 stepped, it takes much, much longer to kill on a physical ws dd. (While yoran cure the player, pull hate and died)

- The access to ranged attack bypassed its biggest weakness which is surviability. Do some defensive rolls like magus, runeist and gallant, run out and shoot with offensive buffs on. The npcs are now less likely to die and cor wont get hit.

- Its versatility allows it to bypass some of the nm mechanics more easily, such as T1 in ruann.

I frenquently solo things on variety of jobs to farm stuff and I personally dont think cor solo ability is bottom tier, definately at least above avg and damn close to top.
By Afania 2018-07-22 11:43:24
Link | Citer | R

Decided to look into savage blade max acc set after missing a bunch fusion > savage fire burst on volte mobs yesterday, since I normally dont get madrigal. Those are what Ive found:

ItemSet 360162
Dex20 acc30 back
Acc and dex augment on doomsday. Keeping doomsday on over tp bonus magian to shoot for tp, without march melee is hardly an option.

Since the goal is to extend sc for mb, landing it is no 1 priority and dmg being 2nd.

With Marine Stewpot and 100 acc bonus from ws, it should have 1585 acc without any acc buffs if doomsday augment is max too. hopefully good enough for voltes....

Are there any high acc gears that I am missing? Maybe feet?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-23 10:06:17
Link | Citer | R

There is one aspect of the guide that is wrong.

OP has the effect of Relic Hands +2 and beyond as 10% chance to reset Phantom Roll per merit in Fold. This is incorrect.

They add a 20% chance per merit to erase 2 rolls (either roll or bust). As such, it's generally a really a bad idea to use them unless you have 2 busts up.

An additional note about Fold. It doesn't always erase the oldest roll, occasionally (if I had to guess maybe 10%) it will fold the most recent roll that you put up. It can create some interesting situations where you have a bust, you put a new roll up, then fold and you get stuck with the bust and no roll.
By Afania 2018-07-23 10:16:13
Link | Citer | R

As far as I know fold will erase bust if bust is up, if not then it will erase the newest roll.

So if you rolled a bad number due to the lack of snake eye/crooked card, and wanted to try to roll a better number when both are back, use fold to erase it then reroll before it wears is a good idea.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-23 10:36:49
Link | Citer | R

I've had situations where I've had fold erase a newer roll value and situations where I've had it erase a roll instead of a bust. As I said, the chance is small, but it's there.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-07-23 15:35:34
Link | Citer | R

As far as I know fold will erase bust if bust is up, if not then it will erase the newest roll.

So if you rolled a bad number due to the lack of snake eye/crooked card, and wanted to try to roll a better number when both are back, use fold to erase it then reroll before it wears is a good idea.

It's possible, but to be clear, that's a pretty rare occurrence. You'd have to have a Roll #1 that you really don't want to lose (i.e., Crooked with a lucky or maybe a X) but that is NOT an XI. Because if you had an XI, why not just gamble on Roll #2 in the first place and bust/re-roll as needed? And if you had a non-Crooked/non-XI Roll #1 up... meh, just re-roll the entire 2 roll cycle and save your Snake Eye/Fold/Crooked/Random Deals/etc.

Best case scenario for using Fold in this way to remove an active buff would be something like:
Roll #1: Crooked IV Chaos Roll (OK, we probably want to keep that)
Roll #2: Samurai Roll where you sat on a VI-IX due to no Snake Eye up, or maybe you gambled a Snake Eye hoping for a lucky insta-XI and ended up with a VII/VIII/IX.

Fold is back up 1min after Roll #2, and your Crooked lucky Chaos still has a long amount of time left. So, Fold away that mediocre Samurai Roll and re-roll it (potentially with the benefit of Snake Eye, if that's back up). Decent chance of improving your buff by landing on a II, XI, X, whatever.

Are there any high acc gears that I am missing? Maybe feet?

Not really? I was looking at Mummu set bonus (using body/feet/ring in particular), but there doesn't seem to be a way to configure that to beat your posted set. If set bonus was DEX+8 per each piece (i.e. DEX+16 for 2 pieces) instead of +8 starting at piece #2, we'd have something. Oh well.

Maybe offhand weapon would be an improvement for you? I'm not sure if Hep. Sapara +1's WS Accuracy +20 applies when offhanded. If it doesn't apply, Raetic Kris/+1 would have more Acc, in addition to the (much less important) benefit of more skill on offhand hits due to B+ dagger over B- sword.

Of course, the Divergence daggers are also all high accuracy/skill... but I'm guessing that's not necessarily on the table for you right now :)
By Afania 2018-07-23 15:52:13
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Maybe offhand weapon would be an improvement for you? I'm not sure if Hep. Sapara +1's WS Accuracy +20 applies when offhanded.

I'm not sure about that as well...I just assume it does.

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Of course, the Divergence daggers are also all high accuracy/skill... but I'm guessing that's not necessarily on the table for you right now :)

I would buy a rostam if it ever pop on AH.....It's probably one of the best SU5 atm even without augments.

But it's probably going to be quite a while to see more +2 on AH, which is lame.
By Nyarlko 2018-07-23 15:56:38
Link | Citer | R

IIRC, WS accuracy does apply from offhand, but official word is that it does not affect magic damage WS (which are instead affected by Magic Accuracy.) Memory's fuzzy on all the details, but want to say that they said that it only applies to first hit of multi-hit WS too. Not 100% confident that it applies to ranged physical WS either, but not sure if devs confirmed that far.

Rostam ftw for raw acc's.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-23 16:27:29
Link | Citer | R

Amazing guide Ruau! Very clean and easy to follow.

Just as a quick anecdote that is probably not practical, but still an option for busts: If you do happen to be in the embarassing position of getting two bust effects and neither RD nor Fold is ready, you can log off and then back on, and the busts will be removed. Since rolls are wiped upon zoning (and logging off is the same as zoning), you can circumvent that long bust duration by cheesing it, though you will lose other useful buffs (like songs etc) in the process. So its not practical, but it's a quicker option if your angry alliance is waiting on you to not be gimp from double busts >_>
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-23 16:33:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Just as a quick anecdote that is probably not practical, but still an option for busts: If you do happen to be in the embarassing position of getting two bust effects and neither RD nor Fold is ready, you can log off and then back on, and the busts will be removed. Since rolls are wiped upon zoning (and logging off is the same as zoning), you can circumvent that long bust duration by cheesing it, though you will lose other useful buffs (like songs etc) in the process. So its not practical, but it's a quicker option if your angry alliance is waiting on you to not be gimp from double busts >_>

That's actually in the guide as an option. I was mainly just initiating the conversation around the point in the guide where it says the relic hands bonus to Fold is that it has a 10% chance to reset phantom roll timer instead of 20% chance per merit to fold both of your rolls.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-23 16:34:38
Link | Citer | R

I should have clarified - I was speaking to the video Ruau just posted, since more people will probably watch that before they read through the guide.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-07-23 16:53:46
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
That's actually in the guide as an option. I was mainly just initiating the conversation around the point in the guide where it says the relic hands bonus to Fold is that it has a 10% chance to reset phantom roll timer instead of 20% chance per merit to fold both of your rolls.

Ah good point. No idea why I C&P'd the merit menu text for some of the relic descriptions. Will update asap w/ relevant augment info.
By hobo 2018-07-24 12:26:55
Link | Citer | R

I'm in the mood to start that min max random sets today.

So the cure potency set, got some questions about the Enervating Earring, Adhemar Jacket +1, and Oshosi feet. I'm assuming the laksa. is for stats but how does the jacket or enervating earring help? Oshosi also seems a bit low stat wise compared to say carmine +1.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-07-24 12:32:04
Link | Citer | R

-enmity
By hobo 2018-07-24 12:32:46
Link | Citer | R

oh, i always forget about that bit
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-07-24 12:46:34
Link | Citer | R

But yeah... honestly I don't even have them in my sets... can't remember the last time somebody asked me to roll-only/sub-mage on COR.
By hobo 2018-07-24 13:02:09
Link | Citer | R

I'm bored and instead of working on farming stuff for weapons I figured I would mess with some sets. I have too much time on my hands.
By Afania 2018-07-24 15:00:17
Link | Citer | R

hobo said: »
I'm bored and instead of working on farming stuff for weapons I figured I would mess with some sets. I have too much time on my hands.

Some of the best cure potency pieces are all from DM augments anyways. I just feed Oseem herculean every DM campaign and keep anything that could be useful(cure potency, occult acument, QA, mab etc) and eventually have capped cure potency set after 2+ years of DM campaigns.

Honesty, unless you spend money on DM there isnt much cor could work on for cure potency imo. Its just one of these things that eventually come.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 121 122 123