Current BP- And BP(II)- Caps?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Current BP- and BP(II)- caps?
Current BP- and BP(II)- caps?
By Felgarr 2017-12-21 14:48:03
Link | Citer | R

Hello!
I'm trying to construct a BP precast set and looked at the guide, but it showed all relic pieces. What is the modern BP precast (BP delay minus set)? How much BP1 and BP2 reduction should I have for each? (This will help me determine if I need the skirmish cape for the BP(ii) -3 seonds. Thank you.
 Leviathan.Frotaut
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2017-12-21 14:54:31
Link | Citer | R

Bp sets are defined in the smn thread. Bp precast is also there.
By Felgarr 2017-12-21 14:58:06
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Frotaut said: »
Bp sets are defined in the smn thread. Bp precast is also there.

I wasn't able to find it. The v1 thread shows convokers+1 (when +3) is better and the v2 thread shows Relic gear. :/

Neither of which seems to make sense.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Serveur: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-12-21 14:58:57
Link | Citer | R

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Blood_Pact_Ability_Delay

There's a breakdown of the gear that contributes to each type of delay at the bottom. I don't think it's feasible to hit BP Delay II -15, lowest I saw my own recast was 22 seconds with avatar's favor up. I use the JSE cape, though. Would recommend one for the delay and skill.

ammo="Sancus sachet +1",
head="Beckoner's horn +1",
body="Convoker's doublet +3",
hands="Baayami cuffs",
legs="Baayami slops",
feet="Baayami sabots",
neck="Caller's Pendant",
left_ring="Evoker's Ring",
right_ring="Globidonta ring",

This is what's in my BP Precast set, can also add Espiritus for more BP Delay II
By Felgarr 2017-12-21 15:03:53
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Blood_Pact_Ability_Delay

There's a breakdown of the gear that contributes to each type of delay at the bottom. I don't think it's feasible to hit BP Delay II -15, lowest I saw my own recast was 22 seconds with avatar's favor up. I use the JSE cape, though. Would recommend one for the delay and skill.

Thank you. I literally just stumbled on this page after Frotaut's answer.

So I'll piece it togethr myself.

BP1: Covoker's +3 body capes BP1 with minus 15.
BP2: Sancus Satchet+1 (-7) and Conveyence Cape (-3) for -10
Question: Do Summoners want to swap staves for more BP2-minus,
if any exists, the way that BSTs swap weapons for Read minus?

BP3:
-10s from SMN Skill 674.

I'm looking at -35 right now.
By Felgarr 2017-12-21 15:06:09
Link | Citer | R

Thank you so much Berzerk.
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-12-21 16:15:45
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
Question: Do Summoners want to swap staves for more BP2-minus,
if any exists, the way that BSTs swap weapons for Read minus?

If you're trying to maintain AM3 from Nirvana then you'll probably want to pass on Espiritus, or you could put it in precast and just try to remember to disable main slot in situations you rely on AM3 being up.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Serveur: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-12-21 20:21:36
Link | Citer | R

You don't actually need -15 of each in gear. the -10 from gifts will cover the remainder. So sancus +1 and baayami hands/legs are all you need to cap -bp delay.
By Felgarr 2017-12-26 05:43:56
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
You don't actually need -15 of each in gear. the -10 from gifts will cover the remainder. So sancus +1 and baayami hands/legs are all you need to cap -bp delay.

What about BP2 and BP3?
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2017-12-26 13:50:45
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »

What about BP2 and BP3?

BP delay III is just what ppl have labeled the gift bonuses. They count as both BP I & II and just fill in for whichever you are missing to hit the delay cap. If you want to hit max recast with favor check this link below. Avatar's Favor delay reduction is just a bonus based on your skill when favor is active. The link below will show you a set that hits the max tier of favor while getting max BP delay reduction. Note that the set in the link is for a Job Master summoner.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46440/the-6th-ministrys-secret-a-summoners-guide-v2/95/#3294673
[+]
 Asura.Frod
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2017-12-26 16:22:05
Link | Citer | R

The best pieces are sancus and convoker+3 body from omen.
By SimonSes 2017-12-28 05:34:32
Link | Citer | R

I kinda think that if someone has 1200+ JP with Summoner he would know how to gear up :)

I'm returning player and I'm in the process to gear up my Summoner too.

I think the most realistic to use before 1200JP is:
Baayami Legs (BPI -6)
Baayami Hands (BPI -7)
Glyphic Pigaches (BPI -5)
Glyphic Body (BPII -1)
Conveyance Cape (BPII -3)
Sancus Sachet (BPII-6)

That will cap your BPI at -15 and set BPII at -10. With gift at 100JP it would cap at -30.
By Felgarr 2017-12-28 06:12:45
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
I kinda think that if someone has 1200+ JP with Summoner he would know how to gear up :)

I'm returning player and I'm in the process to gear up my Summoner too.

I think the most realistic to use before 1200JP is:
Baayami Legs (BPI -6)
Baayami Hands (BPI -7)
Glyphic Pigaches (BPI -5)
Glyphic Body (BPII -1)
Conveyance Cape (BPII -3)
Sancus Sachet (BPII-6)

That will cap your BPI at -15 and set BPII at -10. With gift at 100JP it would cap at -30.

It was not evident from the guide, what the current best (or fewest) pieces were needed in order to cap BP1/2/3 and there was no mention of Convoker's whatsoever.

My question was answered thoroughly, but some advice: don't criticize an OP for asking a question and then attempt to answer it, out of context. I did not stipulate any amount of JP in my question.
By SimonSes 2017-12-28 07:03:18
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if I understood you right now. Do you imply that, in my comment, I was criticizing you for asking the question?

You misunderstood me greatly then. If anything I was criticizing Frod and Alistrianna for giving advice with assumption of you having -10 BPIII from 1200JP. It wasn't really criticizing at all tho. More like pointing out that, if you ask a question like this, you probably are far away from having 1200JP and you are looking for an answer regarding set to use before 1200JP or even before 100JP. That's all.

I also covered the easiest to get set to cap BP delay at 100JP and before 1200JP.

After 1200JP you only need Convoker+3 body (or Convoker+2 body and Glyphic hands) and Sancus Sachet. Eventually at 2000+ JP you can try to go for equip that will let you reach 670 summoning skill with Beckoner's Horn +1 and let you reach current maximum of -39 delay with Avatar's Favor. More about this you can find here
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2017-12-28 08:29:44
Link | Citer | R

TBH the idea that a player is building sets to minimize BP timers usually is something you do for doing content. It is not important for cping as much as building your BP rage/ ward. And 1200 is easy to get. Just don't wait for someone to make a pt for you.

The advice on many guides assume master not just 1200.

I wonder why the jp gifts on smn dont go beyond normal caps. As the devs did say that gifts can affect things beyond normal cap. It's one of the reasons mnk has problems having too much martial arts at master negatively affecting their tp gain.
By SimonSes 2017-12-28 13:06:35
Link | Citer | R

BP sets for 2100JP are easy to find tho. There is guide on BG and there are many examples on FFXIAH including the one I posted.

You are also very optimistic about 1200JP being easy to get. If you are returning player like me, with no job geared for 119+ content then it is a problem to get most stuff assumed in guides. With 8 months old kid and wife aggro its almost impossible to make easy JP in party. Especially when I need to spend most time on getting gear and farming gils and taking advantage of campaigns.

If you solo CP with undergeared character, you can maybe do several JP per hour. 1200 would take months.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-12-28 15:42:19
Link | Citer | R

so for the bp delay reduction from avatar's favor, is that skill in precast set?
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2017-12-28 16:55:08
Link | Citer | R

yes, along with beckoner's horn +1
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2017-12-28 17:41:40
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
BP sets for 2100JP are easy to find tho. There is guide on BG and there are many examples on FFXIAH including the one I posted.

You are also very optimistic about 1200JP being easy to get. If you are returning player like me, with no job geared for 119+ content then it is a problem to get most stuff assumed in guides. With 8 months old kid and wife aggro its almost impossible to make easy JP in party. Especially when I need to spend most time on getting gear and farming gils and taking advantage of campaigns.

If you solo CP with undergeared character, you can maybe do several JP per hour. 1200 would take months.

Not to be a jerk but in almost every situation where people "cant cp" it usually boils down to well 'I have less time' which to me means that if you are going to play its just going to take you longer to get there. And other people that have master have put in their time into parties. Don't sell other people short for the work they have done.

To be completely honest if your jp are a problem, then there is not much people can do for you aside from carrying you through content.

I've had friends that came back from 75 and were able to get master in about a week, its not like all of the gear that is not best in slot could not work and the party was only able to succeed in killing due to the awesomeness of the smn's gear and jp.

But again I did say you could make pt, you would be amazed how few people are willing to form pt or find new members to keep a pt running, and if you set up a cor leaden salute burn pt, you need 0 gear, you could be naked all they need is favor from shiva, a geo and storms II from a sch or storms 1 from subbing sch. then someone to open chains for the cor, and you still have a free pt slot. There now you have someone telling you how you could
make cp.

<enough side topic for this thread>
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-12-29 13:40:07
Link | Citer | R

As long as you got at least 100 job points, you could aim for something more like this:

ItemSet 320182
Viable alternatives: Glyphic Doublet +1 instead of Apogee Dalmatica. There's also Glyphic Pigaches +1 which have recast2.

This should give you a 22 second timer, I think, as long as your conveyance has -3 (or -2 with the Glyphic Pigaches +1 or Apogee Dalm +1). It's a lot of work for a set you'll completely replace once you can equip Baayami, though. I'd recommend shooting for anything in the 25 second or less territory for CPing, that's plenty low for a non-master SMN.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [489 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.