Conserve TP Trait (Boost Needed?)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Conserve TP trait (Boost needed?)
Conserve TP trait (Boost needed?)
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-12-10 23:22:51
Link | Citer | R

Hello everyone,

After recently starting to play War and Sam, using the same gear as on Drg, I've started noticing that these jobs seem to retain just about as much tp after a WS as Drg does; even though they lack the 'Conserve TP' trait. Now, this could be due to the auto-attacks they perform as their WSs are occurring. But in that case, shouldn't Drg's Conserve TP + auto-attacks make up for the difference? I've been oddly finding it easier to tp, based on solely auto-attacks, on both War and Sam immediately after WSing compared to Drg. I know Conserve TP is incredibly randomly occurring, along with it's Conserve value. But perhaps the trait needs a boost in order to permit Drg to even out compared to the other jobs?

Does anyone have any opinions on this, or noticed the same thing as me?

Thank you, Senaki.
[+]
By Lobsang 2017-12-11 09:26:01
Link | Citer | R

Store TP on weapon skill gear. Assuming weapons skills give no TP the attacks during the animation will. If weapon skills give TP then even more TP is available after the weapon skill

Edit: store tp would be more for sam as it's a trait as is double attack for war, being higher than what dragon can get from them as sub job could also be a factor.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-12-11 10:02:31
Link | Citer | R

Lobsang said: »
Store TP on weapon skill gear. Assuming weapons skills give no TP the attacks during the animation will. If weapon skills give TP then even more TP is available after the weapon skill

Edit: store tp would be more for sam as it's a trait as is double attack for war, being higher than what dragon can get from them as sub job could also be a factor.

So, Drg's only natural trait being Conserve TP, along with War having DA and Sam STP. I understand that the auto-attacks during WS contribute to the TP for next WS; the issue is that on Drg we don't have high STP or DA in addition to gear. Often enough, leaving us to TP much slower since Conserve TP has an abysmal proc rate. There is little to no gear to be used anymore that boosts Conserve TP, making trait border-line useless. So basically, Sam and War have a default useful trait and Drg is at a disadvantage. Or at least that's how it seems anyway, haha. xD
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-11 10:28:35
Link | Citer | R

Conserve TP is a perk, not a major feature. If you think that's DRG's defining trait then I suggest you research your job more.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-12-11 14:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Conserve TP is a perk, not a major feature. If you think that's DRG's defining trait then I suggest you research your job more.

Drg gets 5 tiers of Conserve TP, Sam gets 5 tiers of STP, War gets 5 tiers of DA. With your argument, STP trait and DA trait are just a "perk" for Sam and War; not a major feature.

Drg doesn't have many useful traits, unless you consider + 35 acc (Garabge acc compared to basic +1 Ambuscade armor) or Dragon Killer to still be of value. My only point is that Conserve TP can use a boost considering it's historic value on the job and/or only trait (mostly) unique to the job.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
Serveur: Asura
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-12-11 14:09:57
Link | Citer | R

You have a little buddy flying around next to you, that's your major feature xD
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-11 14:12:02
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »

Drg gets 5 tiers of Conserve TP, Sam gets 5 tiers of STP, War gets 5 tiers of DA. With your argument, STP trait and DA trait are just a "perk" for Sam and War; not a major feature.

Drg doesn't have many useful traits, unless you consider + 35 acc (Garabge acc compared to basic +1 Ambuscade armor) or Dragon Killer to still be of value. My only point is that Conserve TP can use a boost considering it's historic value on the job and/or only trait (mostly) unique to the job.
Conserve TP didn't even exist for a long period of time after 75 cap, so I don't think it was ever intended to be equivalent to Double Attack on WAR or Store TP on SAM.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-11 14:16:37
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

I guess Warrior's 5 tiers of Resist Virus must be a pretty big deal too
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-12-11 14:20:20
Link | Citer | R

Wyvern gives an atk/defense/haste/double attack bonus.
Spirit Link is basically like a 2nd Meditate
Spirit/Soul Jump can autocrit and have some nice TP gain when a wyvern is out.
Every minute or so you can also pump out a 2000HP Cure Bomb (Hateless)

The base traits aren't all that great, but other perks/pet traits make up for it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-12-11 14:34:39
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Wyvern gives an atk/defense/haste/double attack bonus.
Spirit Link is basically like a 2nd Meditate
Spirit/Soul Jump can autocrit and have some nice TP gain when a wyvern is out.
Every minute or so you can also pump out a 2000HP Cure Bomb (Hateless)

The base traits aren't all that great, but other perks/pet traits make up for it.

Very fair point. I think you're right that Drg benefits more from the Wyvern and Empathy than the default Drg traits. My biggest/most annoying complaint about the Wyvern really is that if you happen to die, you have to wait 20 minutes for the stupid chicken; otherwise you are basically garbage is every scenario.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-11 14:43:34
Link | Citer | R

Couple of things:

Point of DRG = fighting with your flying rat. Reason why they made so many adjustments to what wyverns do. There was a time when wyverns did NOTHING but use useless random elemental magic and cured when you stopped DPS to cast a spell with specific HP criteria. I'll gladly take the corrent vs the former

Conserve TP: How about we get rid of this trait and give us either Save TP or reinstate the old Penta Thrust relic Lance rule altogether, since DRG isn't ordinarily keeping up with other DPS and their main goal is to spam ws on a day-lee.

Keeping your wyvern alive: Invest in a pet HP set for Steady Wing. Since the stoneskin is HP based, its worth it to keep it around for that ability (which honestly should be on a 2min timer). I recently had my wyvern die in Dynamis for the first time in a while, and it was because I was constantly stunlocked from stat. Other than that, between Spirit Link, well-timed super jumps, and my pet DT/Absorb set, she's never in danger of dying.

Of course, if you do let your pet die, it's a long wait, so learn to use your spirit links wisely and dismiss if you think you're about to eat some serious damage within a short period of time. Resummon when Steady Wing is active, or switch to a "Leg Sweep" spam until you can get your wyvern back to full and maintain her.

DRG's in a really good place right now, far better than it ever was. Not highest tier DD, but Conserve TP is the absolute least of our concerns atm. My biggest thing is I feel like every piece of DRG Relic should have a chunk of Wyvern HP attached to it, since dead pet = useless drg.

2c
[+]