Random Politics & Religion #30

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #30
Random Politics & Religion #30
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 65 66 67
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-06 11:58:04
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
My personal opinion is that the US needs to get the *** out of the middle east and let the cards fall where they fall. Write this lesson down on giant stone tables and put the outside the White House, Congress and the Pentagon as a monumental reminder of what the *** not to do.

I...completely agree. With just about everything you said there.

I guess for me though that includes letting Israel deal with their own problems they've created too.

I'm of two minds with Israel, they need to sort their own ***out and stop relying on the US as the big brother of the "my big brother will kick your ***" policy. That means making peace with who they can, and stomping the *** out of who won't.

On the other side of that same coin, they exist today because the European Powers didn't want those detested Jewish refugees dirtying up their country and listened to some wealthy extreme Zionists who lived in the USA and gave them an "easy" way out. The source of all our modern issues are the mistakes of those same European Powers in dividing up the Ottoman Empire based on some ancient maps without any respect to who lives where. And those same European Powers who now constantly criticize Israel for dealing with the ***sandwich that those powers made in the first place.

It's like if a man walked into your house, unzipped his pants and pissed all over your sofa. Then proceed to criticize and berate you on not using his approved products and disposal method for cleaning it up. When someone makes a mess and wont / can't clean it up, they don't get a say in how it is cleaned up.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-12-06 12:07:52
Link | Citer | R

stop relying on the US as the big brother of the "my big brother will kick your ***" policy. That means making peace with who they can, and stomping the *** out of who won't.

I think they did that in 67'
By Ramyrez 2017-12-06 12:07:53
Link | Citer | R

Goddamn European Imperialism manifesting as European criticism of American pseudo-Imperialism when it's literally been a cleaning-up action of their imperialism the entire time!

I blame Alfred the Great personally. If he would have just rolled over for the Vikings we could have avoided all of these problems and had an entirely different set of problems.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-06 12:17:38
Link | Citer | R

and now a chritsmas hymn... from the book of fear... sung by the prophet lee ving

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Nausi 2017-12-06 12:28:40
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Viciouss said: »
So what is getting done nausi? This symbolic act accomplishes what?

It expresses solidarity with our allies as opposed to trying to appease a bunch of lunatics who hate us anyway.
Vic, like all of a sudden you dont get this?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-06 12:31:24
Link | Citer | R

Goddamn European Imperialism manifesting as European criticism of American pseudo-Imperialism when it's literally been a cleaning-up action of their imperialism the entire time!

I blame Alfred the Great personally. If he would have just rolled over for the Vikings we could have avoided all of these problems and had an entirely different set of problems.

Haha it's been a giant cluster *** for ages. People have a tendency to look at history through a modern lens with the advantage of foresight and not through the lens of the era with only the knowledge of that era. For centuries the Ottoman Empire was viewed as the "sick uncle" of the times, unhealthy yet refusing to just die. When WWI (I accidentally said WWII earlier) happened it was the end for the empire and Turkey was created as a result. Later Israel was made from the British Mandate with international support because who the *** wants those dirty displaced Jewish refugees in their own lands. After WWII the UN then created the borders and holy ***did they ever *** that one up. I suggest anyone who wants to know why there is so much tension there to go take a long look at the UN map and how utterly untenable it is.

So here we are now, with a really *** up situation and on "good" solutions. To be completely frank, Israels best course of action would be to say "*** you" to everyone else and conquer all the territory encompassing the borders before the UN's "two state" map was drawn. Be ruthless, be absolute, commit 100% to final complete uncontested victory, secure the borders then assimilate the people into a secular country. Everyone's going to *** and moan about the death toll, yet it's the quickest and simplest way to return the area to peace and will result in the best outcome in the long term.

Siren.Mosin said: »
stop relying on the US as the big brother of the "my big brother will kick your ***" policy. That means making peace with who they can, and stomping the *** out of who won't.

I think they did that in 67'

A large part of Isreal's belligerency comes from the knowledge that if ***really hits the fan it can count on the US's air and naval power to overwhelm any fight that happens. So while Israel won't go around starting wars with it's neighbors. there is no incentive to play nice with them either. The only nearby country Israel plays nice with is Egypt and only because neither of them want to deal with the crazies that Syria and Jordan send at them.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-12-06 12:35:49
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
So what is getting done nausi? This symbolic act accomplishes what?

It expresses solidarity with our allies as opposed to trying to appease a bunch of lunatics who hate us anyway.
Vic, like all of a sudden you dont get this?

List of allies that are pretty pissed off at Trump right now for this act of desperation to accomplish the smallest thing seems pretty long. But since you don't know anything, I'm sure you will pretend they dont exist. Still waiting to hear about those "allies" that support this move.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-12-06 12:43:35
Link | Citer | R

I hope Trump either launches an attack on P&R or after net neutrality dies, we start charging for P&R access so we greens and red get some sweet P&R cash.

I'd buy a box of ammo with check.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-06 12:46:52
Link | Citer | R

Something else to remember is the term "Palestine" is very misused, especially by those trying to claim it as an ethnicity. As of all measurements there are no living Palestinians on this planet, Palestine was a barbaric enemy state of Israel thousands of years ago and the old testament biblical Israel wiped them out. They were the arch enemies of Israel and are still referred to today by the Jewish epithet filastin. The term continued to be used in various forms and by various people to refer to the lands east of Israel / Judea along the sea coast. Eventually Israel was conquered into various Islamic empires that eventually became the Ottoman Empire who used a similar term to refer to that entire administrative region, including Assyria . In modern history that region was largely occupied by refugees and migrants from what we would call Turkey, Syria, Egypt and Jordan. They were people that nobody else wanted and fled to that area along with the native born Israelis (not the light skinned European Jewish people).

Then Europe steeped in and *** the whole damn thing up, the same thing they did to India and Pakistan.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2017-12-06 12:48:24
Link | Citer | R

Still waiting to hear about those "allies" that support this move.

Isreal.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-12-06 12:51:54
Link | Citer | R

Isreal.

Anyone else?

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-12-06 13:00:31
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
I hope Trump either launches an attack on P&R or after net neutrality dies, we start charging for P&R access so we greens and red get some sweet P&R cash.

Your ISP will get the cash.
You can already add a paywall on FFXIAH if you want money.

Double paywall to access content, the final form of freedom.
P&R isn't worth people paying for access, let's not kid ourselves.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-06 13:05:15
Link | Citer | R

Isreal.

Pretty much that. It's just Trump trolling the Europeans, something I think he takes personal pleasure in doing. Seriously I think he's got a calendar reminder of "Piss off Europe" and sits there thinking "what I can say or do that would piss of Europe yet have no real impact on the USA".
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2017-12-06 13:12:01
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else?

we have no other allies in the region.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-12-06 13:12:44
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else?

we have no other allies in the region.

Uhh..really?

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2017-12-06 13:28:08
Link | Citer | R

Uhh..really?

really.
By fonewear 2017-12-06 13:43:32
Link | Citer | R

The way FFXIAH could make money is what they could do with FFXI bunch of pointless cosmetic things. Like for 1.00 dollar you get a special avatar or can temp ban user for 30 days...hell I'd pay 5 bucks for that !
By Ramyrez 2017-12-06 13:45:37
Link | Citer | R

Seriously. I come here because the other alternative at work is to just punch myself in the *** repeatedly.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-06 13:45:43
Link | Citer | R

SE could easily take away all the costumes special items from Logon Campaigns and charge 99 cents for a glowy level one sword/special costumes ...and people would buy that ***up.
By Ramyrez 2017-12-06 13:45:53
Link | Citer | R

Seriously. I come here because the other alternative at work is to just punch myself in the *** repeatedly.

And at least that's free if it comes right down to it.*
By fonewear 2017-12-06 13:48:31
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Your ISP will get the cash.
You can already add a paywall on FFXIAH if you want money.

Double paywall to access content, the final form of freedom.

Actually we should just penalize you for being Canadian ! You pay extra for all the American ***you love !
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-12-06 14:10:18
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »

Sir, can I interest you today in a brand new waifu? She's one of the new 2018 models, fresh off the boat from Japan. We even have waifus with and without cat ears and tails, if those would interest you?
If it's Monika, I'm topicbanning you.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-06 14:13:12
Link | Citer | R

Sir, can I interest you today in a brand new waifu?

No. There's a thing called real women.

fresh off the boat from Japan

Importing sex slaves is not only something I look down upon morally, it is also a felony with potential for multi-jurisdictional prosecution.

We even have waifus with and without cat ears and tails, if those would interest you?

Consider therapy.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-06 14:13:43
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Actually we should just penalize you for being Canadian

Force them to move to Alabama.
By fonewear 2017-12-06 14:21:12
Link | Citer | R

Sir, can I interest you today in a brand new waifu?

No. There's a thing called real women.

fresh off the boat from Japan

Importing sex slaves is not only something I look down upon morally, it is also a felony with potential for multi-jurisdictional prosecution.

We even have waifus with and without cat ears and tails, if those would interest you?

Consider therapy.

May I suggest shock therapy. It changed me...I used to waste my time on FFXIV forums. Now I saw the light and moved to FFXI !
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-12-06 14:25:36
Link | Citer | R

Sir, can I interest you today in a brand new waifu? She's one of the new 2018 models, fresh off the boat from Japan. We even have waifus with and without cat ears and tails, if those would interest you?
Got any Rindo?
By Ramyrez 2017-12-06 14:37:52
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
May I suggest shock therapy. It changed me...I used to waste my time on FFXIV forums. Now I saw the light and moved to FFXI !

That's uh.

Damn, son.

Just...damn.

That's the upgrade, huh?

Damn.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 65 66 67