Random Politics & Religion #30

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #30
Random Politics & Religion #30
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 65 66 67
By Nausi 2017-12-07 13:07:15
Link | Citer | R

next up "that isn't free speech"
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-07 13:14:10
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
You can't incite people to beat the crap out of them.

Your not getting it, me saying I hate X people ~IS~ me inciting people to violence against them.

History is replete with countries doing exactly this. I can justify ~anything I want~ using that logic, it's just too damn easy to declare the opponent party full of terrorists, subversives and enemies of the state then have them rounded up put in political prisons and rule as an unchallenged despot.

It's like you Canadians don't story non-government approved history.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-07 13:14:41
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
next up "that isn't free speech"

"Free Speech" is only Speech that agrees with them, otherwise it's "Hate Speech" and illegal.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-12-07 13:25:53
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
...I am oddly okay with the one about motorcycle helmets and insurance though. Feel free to not wear a helmet, but it makes it really, really hard to feel bad for you when you're crippled.
I used to ride without a helmet. Its hard on the hair. So are helmets.

No current world religion has its roots in peace.
Buddhism has its roots in peace. But it seems to have gone mainstream somewhere in the last few thousand years.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-12-07 13:33:24
Link | Citer | R

facts I don't like done right and downright hilariously.

I Made My Shed the Top Rated Restaurant On TripAdvisor
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-07 13:45:16
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
We could use George Washington these days that sum *** could lead and army and govern !
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-07 13:45:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Your not getting it, me saying I hate X people ~IS~ me inciting people to violence against them.

No, it's not. Not under Canadian laws. You can disagree with the concept but it must not be that hard to grasp how it works.

Oh it's very easy, it works however you want it to work.

You keep assuming your government is going to be nice and use the law strictly for what it was made for, how naive of you. Product of Canadian education I guess.

What's really going to happen is some *** like me will use it to stifle political dissent. It's already happening with government agencies threatening various conservative organizations with jail.
By Ramyrez 2017-12-07 13:48:37
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Buddhism has its roots in peace

No, as it had to be made as a foil to something else. There was something violent first and someone went "hey, we should get rid of that."

No, it's not. Not under Canadian laws. You can disagree with the concept but it must not be that hard to grasp how it works.

The problem here is that you're falling victim to exactly what he's trying to say. We all know what the "spirit" of the thing is but he's needling the definitions, not the spirit/intent.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-12-07 13:57:53
Link | Citer | R

facts I don't like done right and downright hilariously.

I Made My Shed the Top Rated Restaurant On TripAdvisor
This is beautiful.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-07 14:10:57
Link | Citer | R

The problem here is that you're falling victim to exactly what he's trying to say. We all know what the "spirit" of the thing is but he's needling the definitions, not the spirit/intent.

The devils always in the details and national governments ~NEVER~ deliberately give themselves less options for power. What happened in the US with the enshrinement of the Constitution was done only because the founding fathers really didn't trust government and deliberately limited its power before it existed.

That is why we must always assume the government will abuse any power its given. Just look at the Patriot Act and all the various "protections" that spawned from that.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-12-07 14:29:04
Link | Citer | R

No, as it had to be made as a foil to something else. There was something violent first and someone went "hey, we should get rid of that."

you don't know what you're talking about.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-07 14:52:21
Link | Citer | R

You can say you hate homosexuals.

but why would you...

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-12-07 15:03:51
Link | Citer | R

Watching Pearl Harbor stuff today, kinda wondering if there's been no letter from Japan to North Korea basically saying "No, you REALLY don't want to do this."
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-07 15:20:48
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
You can say you hate homosexuals.

but why would you...

YouTube Video Placeholder

I have the sudden urge to square dance !
By Ramyrez 2017-12-07 15:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
you don't know what you're talking about.

You're probably right.
By fonewear 2017-12-07 15:25:13
Link | Citer | R

Buddhism has its roots in peace

It all began with a stone...
By fonewear 2017-12-07 15:33:17
Link | Citer | R

The devils always in the details and national governments ~NEVER~ deliberately give themselves less options for power. What happened in the US with the enshrinement of the Constitution was done only because the founding fathers really didn't trust government and deliberately limited its power before it existed.

That is why we must always assume the government will abuse any power its given. Just look at the Patriot Act and all the various "protections" that spawned from that.

The only people that don't abuse their power is girlboy...cause he doesn't have any power really !
By Viciouss 2017-12-07 15:35:06
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
Viciouss said: »
Like I said, cute.
Refuse to provide evidence and still expecting to be taken seriously IS pretty cute.

This sums up your life. I'm sure I could backread but nah.
By fonewear 2017-12-07 15:36:03
Link | Citer | R

I'm sensing some hostility here have you tried beer ?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-07 15:37:41
Link | Citer | R

Advice for Vic:

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-07 16:10:36
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I have the sudden urge to square dance !

I say go with it. Saint Kevin Bacon made many sacrifices to give us those freedoms!

let's dance.gif/footloose
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-07 16:16:06
Link | Citer | R

The GOP warned us. We didn't listen.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-07 16:17:09
Link | Citer | R

I do enjoy you posting articles expecting us to read them. It's sorta like how Chanti finds obscure news articles. It is entertaining !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-07 16:20:44
Link | Citer | R

Here we go:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/street-harassment-project_us_5a21967ae4b0a02abe90f451?section=us_women

Men are evil and so on..
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-07 16:22:33
Link | Citer | R

Remember only men are capable of sexual/verbal harassment. Cause I"m a feminist I've never been wrong in my life.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-12-07 16:25:58
Link | Citer | R

It's the same here. Saevel's making things up as usual. Brandenburg v. Ohio set the precedent for a test of whether speech is advocating direct violence (not protected) or the mere advocacy of violence, which is protected and what I think Saevel is feebly attempting to get across.
By fonewear 2017-12-07 16:28:48
Link | Citer | R

Don't need speech to incite violence some people kill just for the hell of it.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-07 16:32:26
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure now we have laws against hate speech I'll consider the issue resolved.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-12-07 18:33:23
Link | Citer | R

Trent Franks (R) resigning amid harassment claims

It was only a matter of time, I'm sure there are plenty more old guys on both sides of the aisle that will be exposed. Time for certain people to stop pretending its just the Dems that have a big house to clean.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 65 66 67