Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 428 429 430
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-22 11:42:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
It's not like they couldn't buff H2H WSs for only monk by messing around with job traits, if they cared to put effort into it.

A job trait that adds significant amounts of fTP, TP Bonus, and/or mods (ala Utu grip) could be enough if powerful enough.

[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-22 11:42:30
Link | Citer | R

Mnk is trash... only derps have it master/geared

Let it die... SE killed it for a reason

Back to topic
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-06-22 11:52:43
Link | Citer | R

I don't know. I would be very okay if the following JA are fixed into something useful:

Boost
Focus
Dodge
Counterstance
Chi Blast
Footwork
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-06-22 12:01:53
Link | Citer | R

What is this community's fascination with monk? If you wanna punch ***go play smash bothers.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-22 12:03:59
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
What is this community's fascination with monk? If you wanna punch ***go play smash bothers.

The same reason they want to be unique snowflakes, the desire to stand out and be different then everyone else. If MNK was smashing everything they would be rooting for a different job instead.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-22 12:04:50
Link | Citer | R

One of 3 things;

Bandwagon, they just *** to ***.
Miss how easy it is to be good with literal zero effort
Don't really care about Monk itself, but the fact that it's ridiculously imbalanced.
[+]
By Afania 2018-06-22 12:15:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »

Yes it's clearly inferior, but it has its pros and it's not as far below as I thought it would've obviously been. I was honestly surprised, in my mind the difference was much bigger than what it actually is.
There still is quite a clear difference though, I wasn't tryin to deny that.

Is it really THAT surprising? Lol. Even before update I've seen serious hardcore mnk keep up with 80% of bandwagon rema PUG dd on parse. Post update a serious mnk could probably keep up with anything except 5% cool kids belong to the most elite community.

And yet everywhere I go I see people still throw out comment like "I'm not going to invite mnk because we will time out" in harder fights that survivability matters.

Or people reject mnk because they want war DRK sam only, but the war DRK sam they got wasn't exactly elite either.

Tl;dr: Unless your team members are the top 5% DD in the community, you probably aren't losing anything inviting a mnk.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-22 12:19:06
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Unless your team members are the top 5% DD in the community, you probably aren't losing anything inviting a mnk.

This is incorrect as your placing both entities in different groups and then trying to say they are equal.

A great player on heavy DD is going to be much better then a great player on MNK.

A shitty player on heavy DD is going to be much better then a shitty player on MNK.

You can't directly compare a shitty player on heavy DD with a great player on MNK.

If your inviting random people of an unknown skill quality, then the probability of your getting a shitty MNK is the same as a shitty heavy DD. It thus makes logical sense to go with the shitty heavy DD since they have higher potential.

This is why the lottery is a bad retirement plan.
By Afania 2018-06-22 12:23:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

If your inviting random people of an unknown skill quality, then the probability of your getting a shitty MNK is the same as a shitty heavy DD.

Not exactly, there are far more bandwagon war in the job market, the job is pretty popular. So that lowers avg quality because of bandwagon mentality.

Only very few people play mnk, so fat chance is that we all know who they are, and able to identify them immediately the moment we got tell.

People that's already in top end ls will keep comparing mnk with top end drk sam war, but truth to be told, our perception of jobs can be different from those who aren't in resourceful top end ls.

In my bigger ls, there won't be any slot available to anything that's not war DRK sam run for dmg matter fights like woc. Ive never seen any not drk sam war run job get a dd slot. That's because someone else on these job will out parse a job that's not war DRK sam run. If you want to prove you worth a dd slot, you have to bring your best geared 2h.

In another much smaller ls with less access to top end dd, even 1h job like blu gets dd slot. Because those 1h dd player are the most elite ones in a group that doesn't have as many elites.

So you see, people who bash mnk the hardest on forums actually aren't avg joes. They have access to elite DDs and they are comparing mnk to their elite war DRK sam friends.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-22 12:25:31
Link | Citer | R

if you can't win on mnk, or lose significant amounts of time because of bringing mnk, your group isn't very good to begin with

that doesn't mean you should bring it, but if someone finds it fun they really aren't going to harm a good group in any meaningful way.. even if all your DPS find it fun and you want to go full mnk you aren't going to do meaningfully worse

it's just cool to hate on mnk and this shits been going on back and forth forever
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-22 12:26:15
Link | Citer | R

It's significantly higher chance that "random warrior" will not only be bad, but detrimental to your PUG.

Even a 0DPS Monk that literally can't even hit the mob, while still giving penance is better than a dipshit war that gets itself killed on the first tp move. Or triggers "pain sync move".

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-22 12:34:27
Link | Citer | R

A dipshit war who dies in the first tp move benefits the party more because that's one less person to heal, buff, and less chance of interrupting your multi-step sc. That monk staying alive whiffing will take away vital cures/mp if they are that useless, if we want to be real about it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-22 12:34:58
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
If you are taking 2 DD to something and one is a MNK, what is best to pair it with?

Probably another Subtle Blow user, like NIN.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-22 12:49:27
Link | Citer | R

Jesus you mnk derps are terrible...

The ole mnk vs scrub debate

Like im so tired of this... its very simple

Ive got a rdm bis on my server who spams cdc with thin skin

Thfs who afk 45 mins in dyna d while subing dnc

Brd who cant do song rotations

Cors with bis gear that cant dps

Blus who wear damp tam quad atk 1 with his tizona/almace

Pld who cant hold hate with bis gear

Ill take a mnk who gives his best over these scrubs any day of the week...
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-06-22 13:03:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Jesus you mnk derps are terrible...

The ole mnk vs scrub debate

Like im so tired of this... its very simple

Ive got a rdm bis on my server who spams cdc with thin skin

Thfs who afk 45 mins in dyna d while subing dnc

Brd who cant do song rotations

Cors with bis gear that cant dps

Blus who wear damp tam quad atk 1 with his tizona/almace

Pld who cant hold hate with bis gear

Ill take a mnk who gives his best over these scrubs any day of the week...

Awwww love you too Nick <3
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-22 13:06:00
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Ill take a mnk who gives his best over these scrubs any day of the week... except gip

Fixed.. you disgusting animal
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-06-22 13:14:47
Link | Citer | R

In short, monk is much better than people who can't play properly...

That doesn't inspire much confidence.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-22 13:33:41
Link | Citer | R

If your inviting random people of an unknown skill quality, then the probability of your getting a shitty MNK is the same as a shitty heavy DD.

Not exactly, there are far more bandwagon war in the job market, the job is pretty popular. So that lowers avg quality because of bandwagon mentality.

Only very few people play mnk, so fat chance is that we all know who they are, and able to identify them immediately the moment we got tell.

People that's already in top end ls will keep comparing mnk with top end drk sam war, but truth to be told, our perception of jobs can be different from those who aren't in resourceful top end ls.

In my bigger ls, there won't be any slot available to anything that's not war DRK sam run for dmg matter fights like woc. Ive never seen any not drk sam war run job get a dd slot. That's because someone else on these job will out parse a job that's not war DRK sam run. If you want to prove you worth a dd slot, you have to bring your best geared 2h.

In another much smaller ls with less access to top end dd, even 1h job like blu gets dd slot. Because those 1h dd player are the most elite ones in a group that doesn't have as many elites.

So you see, people who bash mnk the hardest on forums actually aren't avg joes. They have access to elite DDs and they are comparing mnk to their elite war DRK sam friends.

So yeah your trying to compare people you know as "good MNKs" vs random people you don't know as "***WAR's" then saying it's comparable.

Just goes to show how bad MNK is when people need to resort to irrational arguments to justify it.

How about I just take a player I know who is on not-MNK instead of a random ***MNK. Solves all the problems.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-22 13:34:11
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Andret said: »

That's the wrong interpretation

The correct one is; A good player is good no matter what job they're on.
[+]
By Afania 2018-06-22 13:50:37
Link | Citer | R

So yeah your trying to compare people you know as "good MNKs" vs random people you don't know as "***WAR's" then saying it's comparable.

Just goes to show how bad MNK is when people need to resort to irrational arguments to justify it.

How about I just take a player I know who is on not-MNK instead of a random ***MNK. Solves all the problems.

There isn't anything irrational in the case I provided. It is more irrational to invite a bandwagon WAR DRK SAM and reject elite mnk just because they are "DRK WAR sam". Or because community said they are the best DDs, not because they have personally see the parse from these people.

You can* find an elite WAR DRK SAM if you want, that's not the case for those people shouting in town for a DD.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-06-22 13:53:01
Link | Citer | R

Monk isn't getting ***. Square-Enix's position is probably that if you want to play monk, go to FFXIV. That's their apparent position on XI balancing issues since Omen released, apparently.

Look at the old threads from a year, year and a half ago about summoner. People thought that they'd nerf it for sure. Here it is, June 2018 and SMN still makes much of the game's content trivial. So if they aren't fixing that, then they aren't fixing monk.

Because some people enjoy different jobs? Monk is a classic Final Fantasy heavy DD job and lots of us find it fun to play. It would be nice if S-E would make it a competitive heavy DD job in XI.
[+]
By Afania 2018-06-22 13:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
Monk isn't getting ***. Square-Enix's position is probably that if you want to play monk, go to FFXIV. That's their apparent position on XI balancing issues since Omen released, apparently.

Look at the old threads from a year, year and a half ago about summoner. People thought that they'd nerf it for sure. Here it is, June 2018 and SMN still makes much of the game's content trivial. So if they aren't fixing that, then they aren't fixing monk.

Because some people enjoy different jobs? Monk is a classic Final Fantasy heavy DD job and lots of us find it fun to play. It would be nice if S-E would make it a competitive heavy DD job in XI.

Real passionate mnk would play mnk anyways. The ones really complaining are people in server top ls with server top 2h DD. While it's fine to argue "mnk suck" from such perspective, it makes whoever isn't in top end community vomit "mnk suck" comment everywhere as well. Then start picking jobs over people when they PUG.

Overall I think it's detrimental to job diversity accepted in the community.

Ideally, you want se to fix it. What if se doesn't?

The "play properly" that you described, are actually the minority. The top 5%. 95% of "Rema DD" that I've pt with, will not out parse the elite mnk that I've seen. Then you see random ambuscade N pt reject MNK anyways, when they don't have top 5% 2h DD themselves.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-06-22 14:11:24
Link | Citer | R

.. will not out parse the elite mnk that I've seen.

I don't like the term "elite". "Negan" will do just fine.
[+]
By Afania 2018-06-22 14:17:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
.. will not out parse the elite mnk that I've seen.

I don't like the term "elite". "Negan" will do just fine.

You are Job locked on Idris ;>
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-22 14:37:59
Link | Citer | R

Play whatever job you want, *** what anyone else thinks. If you want to level and gear MNK, do it. Who gives a ***what anyone else's opinion is of the job. This isn't 2006. MNK is fine in nearly every event you would need a DD, as long as it fills the requisite credentials that any other DD would need (acc set, DT, ws set, can SC). This debate is really much ado about nothing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2018-06-22 14:42:30
Link | Citer | R

make monk great again!
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-06-22 14:46:34
Link | Citer | R

The "play properly" that you described, are actually the minority. The top 5%. 95% of "Rema DD" that I've pt with, will not out parse the elite mnk that I've seen. Then you see random ambuscade N pt reject MNK anyways, when they don't have top 5% 2h DD themselves.[/quote]

Okay sooo... The elite monk is the best player compare to the 95% utter trash and if none of the other 5% elite is playing.

It's like you're rank 5th out of a 100 and 94 people don't really know how to play or just don't play?

It's like I am the greatest Baker in town because nobody bakes anything in this town other than bricks.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-22 15:06:41
Link | Citer | R

Mnk is trash

But nickeny mnk?

Thats ui goku tier
[+]
By Afania 2018-06-22 15:10:05
Link | Citer | R

Okay sooo... The elite monk is the best player compare to the 95% utter trash and if none of the other 5% elite is playing.

It's like you're rank 5th out of a 100 and 94 people don't really know how to play or just don't play?

It's like I am the greatest Baker in town because nobody bakes anything in this town other than bricks.

Just because one person isn't top 5%, doesn't mean that person is utter trash, lol. That's an extremely elitist pov about dd performance. Essentially saying you need rema AND every single hq/dm augments AND have different acc attk stp buff tier sets, always engage first every fight, ws at perfect timing 100% of time or else you are utter trash. Because if you don't have all of above listed quality, you will not make it to top 5%, nor beat a mnk with above listed quality.

Say if a top end mnk is 20%(I don't know the exact number atm, since I haven't check their dps post update, but it should be the same range) behind a GS war in none zerg situations.

In reality, you would see parse something like this, assuming player has similar quality as DD.

WAR1: 22% WAR2: 20% MNK1: 17.6% DRK: 23% remaining=sc and support tanks.

That's the real difference on parse between a DD that's 20% dmg behind another dd. You will not see a gigantic different like WAR 50% MNK 20% on parse between 2 equally skilled and geared player unless war pops MS.

You can kick the mnk and invite another DD Like SAM, and maybe next parse would be something Like this:

SAM 19% WAR: 15% WAR: 23% DRK: 20%

You see, variations exist so in real practice it makes no real difference.

That doesn't make these players "utter trash" or anything, and I think it's very extreme to claim that way.

Also have to say that 95% of playerbase will not be elite to the point to have hq in every single slot, use situational sets for different acc, attack, stp tiers, thus not top 5%. If you think that makes them "utter trash", then you are pretty elitist, lol.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 428 429 430