First Page 2 3 ... 455 456
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-06 10:50:51
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
Idris. Pick any fight with Geo in Ody/Sortie, idris is required.

Idris is absolutely not required to beat any ody or sortie boss. Arbitrary lines set in the sand by Asura PUGs don't count. You aren't going to wipe to Kalunga or Ongo if you have 9 less MAB or 9% less ATK.
[+]
By K123 2024-10-06 10:58:03
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Are there fights where the fact that you have a Caladbolg means DRK is better than WAR?
Mboze?

Why would you get upset that the item which is the absolute best item your job can possibly hold isn't changing the meta? It's not about changing the meta, allowing new strategies, or allowing you to clear content you couldn't clear before. It's about improving your character's performance.
I'm neither upset, nor do I care about any changing meta. I merely disagree with the use of the term "game changing". Game changing means it changes the game. The rest of your ranting is either misdirected at me or imposing some deep issues you have onto me. Maybe that you do sortie every day for years at SE's behest so you need to justify it? idk man.

Rostam is best-in-slot for rolling, everyone pays shitloads of gil to get one. Is it because without that 4% attack or 2 STP they couldn't clear the content? No; it's because it's the best at what it does. If you want the best rolls, you get a Rostam. You don't get upset when it doesn't revolutionize the job.
Rostam is not "game changing".

Suddenly when prime weapons come out everyone throws up their arms in disgust at the fact that getting 1 new item doesn't entirely flip the meta on its head and allow you to clear some content you couldn't clear before.
I don't care about meta changing, but I do find it disappointing that the same jobs get the best weapons again in another set of weapons.

I would say Idris is not "game changing" but definitely one of the most significant items up there with Aegis. I'm not sure if Ongo and Kalunga and Ngai V25 can be done without it (again, not that this makes it "game changing") though.
By Dodik 2024-10-06 10:59:06
Link | Citer | R

Don't even bother to read the rest of what was said, take out of context and speak gibberish. Got it.
By K123 2024-10-06 11:00:37
Link | Citer | R

Ultimaetus said: »
1 dmg lockstyle daggers enable RDM w/ shadows to solo some fights. :p
They are game changing, they allow strategies that otherwise wouldn't work.

Also Naegling.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-06 11:18:08
Link | Citer | R

K123 said: »
Are there fights where the fact that you have a Caladbolg means DRK is better than WAR?
Mboze?

Not even close. Weapon choice means nothing on this fight. IF you bring a DRK to Mboze, you're doing so for their JAs, not because they have a Caladbolg. Also any other DRK REMA could easily replace Calad.

Why would you get upset that the item which is the absolute best item your job can possibly hold isn't changing the meta? It's not about changing the meta, allowing new strategies, or allowing you to clear content you couldn't clear before. It's about improving your character's performance.
I'm neither upset, nor do I care about any changing meta. I merely disagree with the use of the term "game changing". Game changing means it changes the game. The rest of your ranting is either misdirected at me or imposing some deep issues you have onto me. Maybe that you do sortie every day for years at SE's behest so you need to justify it? idk man.

I don't mean you specifically, but you more broadly as in, people who complain that there isn't content you specifically need prime weapons to beat.

Rostam is best-in-slot for rolling, everyone pays shitloads of gil to get one. Is it because without that 4% attack or 2 STP they couldn't clear the content? No; it's because it's the best at what it does. If you want the best rolls, you get a Rostam. You don't get upset when it doesn't revolutionize the job.
Rostam is not "game changing".

I agree it isn't. My point was that people still buy Rostams in droves and insist that people have to have one to join their Ambus, despite not being necessary for any content or changing the battle in any meaningful way. Obviously there's a difference in the effort required to get one vs a prime, but the cognitive dissonance between the way prime weapons are compared to *every other item in the game* is just astounding to me and has been my point for this entire conversation. The community writ large insists that prime weapons aren't shattering the meta enough to be worth spending time on, but they don't apply an ounce of that criticism to any other item in the game. I guess primes are just too much work and people are upset about it?

Suddenly when prime weapons come out everyone throws up their arms in disgust at the fact that getting 1 new item doesn't entirely flip the meta on its head and allow you to clear some content you couldn't clear before.
I don't care about meta changing, but I do find it disappointing that the same jobs get the best weapons again in another set of weapons.

I would say Idris is not "game changing" but definitely one of the most significant items up there with Aegis. I'm not sure if Ongo and Kalunga and Ngai V25 can be done without it (again, not that this makes it "game changing") though.

I think you're underestimating too many of the primes or something. Other than...sword I guess? Which job do you think DIDN'T get the best weapon for their category? What were you hoping for...? A weapon that would change the order of "best DPS jobs"? A lot of time the jobs are chosen based on other characteristics (Warcry, Mighty Strikes, Meditate, Yaegasumi, Absorb-TP, Soul Enslavement), what is SE going to do, put AoE Savagery on a polearm?

I'll take it a step further: if they did this (made the prime weapon for NIN or BST so earth-shatteringly good that it made the job viable in the meta and beat SAM, WAR, and DRK's damage) then people would be EVEN MORE upset. The SAM, WAR, and DRK would be upset that a job with shadows or a pet is beating them, the NIN would be upset that they can't play their favorite job unless they do 6 months of Sortie, and the NIN with the weapon would be upset that their other 4 REMA weapons are now useless.

I guarantee you I could kill Ongo (the bubbles aren't being hit by anything), Kalunga (can easily place them out of range of his attacks with Widen, use Dematerialize, or just recast them), and Ngai (bubbles get 1shot even with Idris) without Idris. If it weren't for the fact that I'd be wasting my friends' time, I would record myself putting Idris in Mog Satchel and winning the fight for you. It's absolutely, without a single doubt in my mind, possible.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-10-06 11:30:07
Link | Citer | R

Sword is Bis for ...Refresh! And MND+M.acc for enfeebles! And it's very accurate for ...new Master Trials?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-10-06 11:33:24
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Would've been a perfect opportunity to throw in 'Break Damage Limit' or whatever, nice callback to other FFs. But, even if they considered it, I'd guess they're too scared to alter the damage code to that extent.

When the damage limit stat started coming out on gear, I actually thought it was a form of exceeding the damage cap of 99999, similar to how Barrage can do it (though I understand why barrage is able to do it). Initially, I thought that stat was silly since it was normally difficult to hit that high. But now with primes and so much gear, it would have been a layup.

Also always wondered why they gave RDM a cool move like spontaneity, but weren't able to give BLM double cast. Sometimes the answer is there and they still don't do it
By Ultimaetus 2024-10-06 11:40:20
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Sword is Bis for ...Refresh! And MND+M.acc for enfeebles! And it's very accurate for ...new Master Trials?

Idling in town for fashion is the endgame
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-10-06 12:05:17
Link | Citer | R

Ultimaetus said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »

Idling in town for fashion is the endgame

I can't wait to see a SAM with a Masamune with pink/purple glow because they have have a non-AG Masa with a stage 5 Pinaka style locked on the bow they wear in town.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Also always wondered why they gave RDM a cool move like spontaneity, but weren't able to give BLM double cast. Sometimes the answer is there and they still don't do it

I mean it's a 10 minute recast for 1 spell. If anything they should have made it so that if you cast it on someone else, that you also got it as the RDM. Quad Impacts with the GEO would have been pretty cool on Aminon.
By Shichishito 2024-10-06 13:02:31
Link | Citer | R

The DPS and skillchain opportunities granted by primes are substantial
I can't get too excited over the new skillchain options. Sure, a 3 step darkness chain with the same high damage WS in all 3 steps sounds promising but we are in the WS wall era, imho a shot in the foot of the prime weapon concept.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-06 13:23:32
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
The DPS and skillchain opportunities granted by primes are substantial
I can't get too excited over the new skillchain options. Sure, a 3 step darkness chain with the same high damage WS in all 3 steps sounds promising but we are in the WS wall era, imho a shot in the foot of the prime weapon concept.

They aren't only "3 step by itself" weapons though. They are also unique in their weapon type, with very few exceptions and no good exceptions.

Dagger: Only other Fragmentation WS are Mordant, Shark Bite, and Exenterator. Some jobs can't use any of these, and most are between bad and terrible.
Sword: Only other Distortion WS are Expiacion, Death Blossom, and CDC. These are mostly terrible and/or job-specific
Polearm: For Gravitation, Stardiver is not great and Impulse can't hold a candle to Diarmuid
Club: There are exactly 0 Gravitation Club WS
Katana: The only other Fusion WS is Blade: Shun which sucks donkey nuts
GKT: Less important SC property (Distortion) but it's still the highest-damaging Disto WS and can set up Gravitation (in 2-step) better than anything else by far (Rana sucks)
Archery: There are exactly 0 Gravitation Archery WS
Marksmanship: Has other Fusion options, but it is the highest-damaging Fusion. Also the only realistic option for COR to bring Frag (2-step, like SAM)
H2H: There are exactly 0 Distortion H2H WS
Staff: Not really used for this, but for non-SMN, it's the only Fusion Staff WS
GS: Not all jobs can use Torcleaver, Ground Strike sucks, it's the best Distortion option by a mile for WAR, RUN.
Axe: The only other Fragmentation WS is Cloudsplitter, a magical WS.
Gaxe: There are exactly 0 Gravitation Gaxe WS
Scythe: Insurgency is the only other Fusion WS and is FAR outclassed by Origin.

More impactful for some than others, but it's really not as simple as "do a 3-step by yourself" in terms of opening up WS options for these weapon types.
[+]
By Taint 2024-10-06 13:31:17
Link | Citer | R

And they are better due to the wall.

Ex.
Alternating Fimb and Torc is better than any other combo.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 455 456