Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 436 437 438
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-29 13:02:32
Link | Citer | R

Check the log and see how much CP you got. If its zero: congrats, you were 500/500JP and unable to get more from the vortex.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-29 13:03:23
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Im 99% sure you get the “gained a job point” at the end when you touch the vortex even if youre capped at 500.

That 99% went to 0% real quick.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-29 13:06:03
Link | Citer | R

If thats all youve got to latch on to, big oof

“Haha see you were wrong about the thing you werent certain of”

So once again: how much CP were you getting from every mob? Zero, cuz you were capped, you dont gain CP when youre capped unlike limit points.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-29 13:09:32
Link | Citer | R

Tell us youve never popped a junction nm without telling us youve never popped a junction nm.

Ages like milk when you realize that there's no JP message if you have capped JP. Which you didn't.

I learned that you get a JP when you pop an NM if you're on an unmastered (or mastered but not capped at 500) job, and you learned that the message doesn't show up when you're capped.

Yeah...I usually say "I'm 99% sure" for things I'm uncertain about too, that's how I show my uncertainty to the world; glad to see we're similar in that regard as well, makes sense!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-29 13:10:50
Link | Citer | R

Go in with an unmastered job, go pop a UNM, then touch vortex. Surely you can spare a moglophone since “you have more segs than youll ever need”, that I am 100% certain you said, albeit not ad-verbatim, as that was your justification for farming B over C.

Watch the JP message pop up
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-29 13:12:02
Link | Citer | R

I've JP'd a few jobs almost solely via sheol C runs, you definitely get a chunk of job points when you touch the exit
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-29 13:15:39
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Tell us youve never popped a junction nm without telling us youve never popped a junction nm.

Ages like milk when you realize that there's no JP message if you have capped JP. Which you didn't.

I learned that you get a JP when you pop an NM if you're on an unmastered (or mastered but not capped at 500) job, and you learned that the message doesn't show up when you're capped.

Yeah...I usually say "I'm 99% sure" for things I'm uncertain about too, that's how I show my uncertainty to the world; glad to see we're similar in that regard as well, makes sense!

Oh no, you got me.
I misremembered something I havent seen in *** years because all my primary jobs are 500/500.

Ill go commit Harry Carey over this embarrassment.

Who will be my second?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-29 13:20:08
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

Oh no, you got me.
I misremembered something I havent seen in *** years because all my primary jobs are 500/500.

Ill go commit Harry Carey over this embarrassment.

Who will be my second?

You got me too, I'll be second. I misremembered the message I've never seen in my entire life and I haven't committed the entire Odyssey page to memory. I really have egg on my face now. Meanwhile...

Im 99% sure you get the “gained a job point” at the end when you touch the vortex even if youre capped at 500.

something I havent seen in *** years because all my primary jobs are 500/500.

Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-29 13:37:21
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-29 15:30:21
Link | Citer | R

Is it possible to transfer XI registration to a different Square account?

If so, could potentially switch from a US registered square account to an EU one, while keeping the same XI registrations.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-29 18:16:25
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Good barometer for everyone expecting some massive patch to make Sortie or Odyssey easier/faster. They added a campaign and kept it this conservative, they don't want to.

They doubling down on the grind - I just doubled down on torrenting strangers of paradise

Edit: CHAOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Is it any good? The videos for it never gripped me.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2024-05-29 19:49:43
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I've JP'd a few jobs almost solely via sheol C runs, you definitely get a chunk of job points when you touch the exit

Just dumped JP onto Oboro on a mule and ran Sheol B. Mule received no job points when touching exit, though we didn't kill any NMs during the run. Looks like it is just JP per NM killed.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2024-05-29 21:22:17
Link | Citer | R

Here is us farming segments and muffins...

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-05-29 21:42:57
Link | Citer | R

SE screws up with the English language all the time. They likely could not be bothered to explain exactly how each of these works, so they put it out there as a catch all term: "The following changes will be made to the rewards for reaching the Otherworldly Vortex in Sheol A, Sheol B, and Sheol C."

Increased job points likely means they upped the capacity points you get. "Moogle Segments acquired" could mean only those at the end, or it could be that and chests, or it could be that, chests, and from kills. For now, I'm not going to believe it is only a boost to the segments acquired at the end, because SE sucks at explaining things in English. Either way, it's nice to get something extra to motivate people to farm this.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-30 09:47:15
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The following changes will be made to the rewards for reaching the Otherworldly Vortex in Sheol A, Sheol B, and Sheol C.

The picture was up for some debate since it was presumably translated with google lens, but their actual campaign note is pretty clear.

You get gil, segments, JP, and boxes when you check the vortex. They increased the amount of segments, JP, and boxes. Simple. A mistranslation isn't impossible, but if you go in expecting anything more than that you're likely to be disappointed.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-30 11:09:17
Link | Citer | R

If you dont trust the english translation, just go to the JP site
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11/detail/21545/detail.html

Quote:
シェオルA/シェオルB/シェオルCにおいて、"Otherworldly Vortex"への到達時に獲得できる以下の報酬が変化します。
・獲得ジョブポイントが1.5倍になります。
・獲得モグセグメントが1.5倍になります。
・アイテム「箱【色褪せた鱗】」/箱【色褪せた皮】/箱【色褪せた羽根】の獲得数が2倍になります。
※突入したシェオルによって獲得できる種類が違います。

I cant read Japanese, but I can clearly make out "Otherworldly Vortex".

As I said:
The segment bonus being anything more than a drop in the bucket is its own discussion, but there is nothing vague about what it is.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-05-30 12:20:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
My dumb attempt at a joke aside, it's silly to me they chose JP for this as if anyone is going to segfarm on a non-mastered job.

People definitely farm on non-mastered jobs. I think you're discounting that a lot of more casual players don't want to go out and grind a bunch of JP, but they are happy to get a little bit here and there while actually doing an event - Sheol, Omen, Sortie, whatever - that gets them some JP while also getting them some other stuff. They aren't going for maximum efficiency, which I know is a shocking philosophy for a lot of people here.

Hell, I just had a solid 2x seg farm run last night with some LS mates, with one guy who has been building up a COR on his relatively new character and is at like 1950JP, and another unmastered BRD who just came on that job as a favor to the group. Run was perfectly fine and gained respectable amount of segs, even if it wasn't threatening to break any records for me.

All that being said, this particular campaign is a tiny little reward.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-30 12:30:36
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
They aren't going for maximum efficiency, which I know is a shocking philosophy for a lot of people here.

It really is shocking and also a solid comment.

It's like 1k+ segments on a good run which is something, but it's not per se 150-200% more job cards than you can normally get.

If it had existed earlier in the cycle then I would have seriously considered farming A or B to save gil.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-05-30 12:53:12
Link | Citer | R

It's a good time to work on Moogle Mastery with alternate jobs you haven't mastered, as you can kill three or four birds with one stone.

It's also a good time for SE to make Moogle Mastery unlockable outside of Odyssey
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-05-30 13:00:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
My dumb attempt at a joke aside, it's silly to me they chose JP for this as if anyone is going to segfarm on a non-mastered job.

People definitely farm on non-mastered jobs. I think you're discounting that a lot of more casual players don't want to go out and grind a bunch of JP, but they are happy to get a little bit here and there while actually doing an event - Sheol, Omen, Sortie, whatever - that gets them some JP while also getting them some other stuff. They aren't going for maximum efficiency, which I know is a shocking philosophy for a lot of people here.

That's fair, I just haven't seen it personally but if you have a group of folks willing to bring people in on non-mastered jobs, especially some of them, I could see how it would be beneficial. It's also a really effective way to get the first 20 or so MLs (I basically went from ML5 to 42 just doing C farms on PLD).

Tbh C farms are something I worry less about max efficiency with these days considering how short they are and the gap between "only" getting 9-10k segments vs 13-14k really isn't that big in the grand scheme of things. I've had some really botched segfarms still get 9-10k and given the duration of the content, I don't really think it's a huge deal to not full clear every time. I usually just assume the average player is going to scoff at the idea of bringing someone in that isn't mastered. It's also a lot more engaging bringing different jobs in.

I just don't think you're going to see as much benefit to the community or motivation for people to run C farms solely for the JP due to this campaign, though, and you certainly won't get into PUGs on a non-mastered job except maybe a healer. IMO it would have been better for more people giving a EP bonus at the end as opposed to JP, but that's probably more work than they wanted to do.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-30 13:22:57
Link | Citer | R

I can see people doing A or B for JP and gil just because there is a lot more NMs to do per run. I'm pretty sure most people didn't know you get JPs for killing NMs and I honestly feel like this campaign is just to point that out to a lot of people since we weren't using the mechanic.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's also a good time for SE to make Moogle Mastery unlockable outside of Odyssey

Yes it really is. I think I'll post the idea on the official forums.
[+]
By Meeble 2024-05-30 13:45:38
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »

It's like 1k+ segments on a good run which is something, but it's not per se 150-200% more job cards than you can normally get.

If it had existed earlier in the cycle then I would have seriously considered farming A or B to save gil.

It's only 1k if you're already making enough segs per run to not care about 1k segs. Whether you do 2k or 20k, the campaign is structured so the bonus will always be a trivial amount.

It feels very on-brand for the Fujito era. Big tease up front, grind to unlock(before they effed it up and had to hand out points), lackluster reward. Ah well, at least we get Cornelia.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-30 13:50:10
Link | Citer | R

Im pretty sure we crossed 100% before the plaudit handouts.

Also what was the big tease? Specifically, what was said that implies any bait and switch?

Went 20 pages back, nothing discussing segs was brought up relevant to this campaign. If i missed it, then so be it, but pls enlighten me to what I missed that implied a big grand reveal that turned out to be a dud. The only thing I found was the translated screencap from may 10, which was exactly what we got.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-30 14:30:38
Link | Citer | R

We got a bonus to segments, I was not expecting that to happen at all. I didn't expect them to heavily incentivize it because segments is already cash money and how you get RP on the best gear in the game. It's content that sells itself for people who are interested in grinding out progress.

The JP thing as a quirk and bonus to A/B if you want hides and scales is clearly aimed at catch up. As someone who does segments already daily because it's clearly in my interest, it think it's cool that they made me consider going back into A/B and on a non-mastered job for benefits.
By Meeble 2024-05-30 15:21:12
Link | Citer | R

Im pretty sure we crossed 100% before the plaudit handouts.

Also what was the big tease? Specifically, what was said that implies any bait and switch?

Went 20 pages back, nothing discussing segs was brought up relevant to this campaign. If i missed it, then so be it, but pls enlighten me to what I missed that implied a big grand reveal that turned out to be a dud. The only thing I found was the translated screencap from may 10, which was exactly what we got.

Chill, Winston.

I'm not suggesting Fujito is some mustache-twirling villain out to deceive the player base, just that his perspectives on what constitutes a reasonable grind or desirable reward are very different from the endgame community's, and a rather substantial change from what we experienced for the past decade under Matsui.

Players here have been speculating for a while about a segment campaign or sortie RoE's as potential solutions to the issues that we see with the content, but from Fujito's perspective there are no issues, and +10% segments for a few weeks or a one-time +1 case are just nice bonuses players will be excited to receive.

iBeseiged isn't going to be any different. Players imagined brand new content and rewards and saw the announcement as confirmation of that, but that's unlikely to be what we're getting.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-30 16:00:38
Link | Citer | R

Meeble said: »
It feels very on-brand for the Fujito era. Big tease up front, grind to unlock(before they effed it up and had to hand out points), lackluster reward.
Meeble said: »
Players here have been speculating for a while

I'm all for dunking on SE, but there was no "big tease up front". Y'all set yourself up for disappointment.
[+]
By Meeble 2024-05-30 16:39:21
Link | Citer | R

...but I was 99% sure there was! /s
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-05-31 10:27:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Good barometer for everyone expecting some massive patch to make Sortie or Odyssey easier/faster. They added a campaign and kept it this conservative, they don't want to.

They doubling down on the grind - I just doubled down on torrenting strangers of paradise

Edit: CHAOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Is it any good? The videos for it never gripped me.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-31 12:24:41
Link | Citer | R

He hasnt changed his name to Nichaos yet though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-05-31 16:05:45
Link | Citer | R

Me 5 mins into the game: Man I really hope there are other characters in this game because I really wanna get rid of ash
First Page 2 3 ... 436 437 438