Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 397 398 399 ... 448 449 450
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-09-06 21:55:09
Link | Citer | R

I think this might just be one of those crappy verbiage/translation discrepancies we've seen over the years. I'm willing to bet this isn't worded to imply you require a completed prime to enter the fight, but a general statement informing players of something they can do after they finish working on their prime weapon. Probably because the fight is so much harder, you would require the best of the best gear available to beat it. After all, they did say they wanted to add a fight that was hard enough to warrant the weapons, else it wouldn't make sense to make them.

"Try out those new fight with your ultra strong weapon you just finished"

Not
"You can't do this fight at all until you finish your ultra strong weapon"

Also, you probably wouldn't necessarily need a party of 6 people with a completed prime to enter even if that was the case; they made sortie powered up bosses eligible with only one person possessing a stage 4 prime, so they could make the fight accessible just the same.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Seun 2023-09-07 02:45:30
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
"Try out those new fight with your ultra strong weapon you just finished"

Not
"You can't do this fight at all until you finish your ultra strong weapon"

"Why are they releasing content for finished prime weapons, months in advance of players having finished prime weapons?"

Nobody expects the requirement to be a complete prime weapon. That said, if it did turn out to be a requirement... nobody could say they didn't warn us.

I would think if there were any requirement related to primes it would be stage 4+. Stands to reason that if you can access 'hardmode' in Sortie related to primes then you can access master trial V2.
By Dodik 2023-09-07 05:29:54
Link | Citer | R

You guys are cute thinking a stage 5 won't be required.

Just like "change in behaviour for basement bosses" just meant new drops and not increased difficulty.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-09-07 06:51:26
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
You guys are cute thinking a stage 5 won't be required.

Just like "change in behaviour for basement bosses" just meant new drops and not increased difficulty.
Would be just like se to add something in people can't access for another 2 months+
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-09-07 09:06:05
Link | Citer | R

Dubaiii said: »
SE road map is not interesting at all.

run 1 hour daily in purple coridors , do cheese strat Amonion, then challange Zilart bosses all togather for new cosmetics.

Done amazing effects on the community, You have to give them credit where credit is due. Never seen so many good friends quit the game at once.
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2023-09-07 09:13:33
Link | Citer | R

I can't blame them for wanting to quit. The only daily grind now is Sortie and just...log off. Pay them the $20~ a month so you can grind your 8.5M galli, assuming you do 8 boss runs only, 178 days (and you better not miss a day!) to get one single weapon for...

One more fight released for a cosmetic - cool, but much like the other master trials, you clear once and never go back. Maybe twice if you don't have a 6 person static, but you're doing Sortie daily (right?) so....

6 months and $120 and a static (or a schedule that allows you to do that) for your...one single new fight.

Sad state of affairs.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-09-07 09:27:56
Link | Citer | R

I think they underestimate just how many people dislike or hate Sortie.

The struggle for me to be motivated the last few weeks has been based on trying to figure out what the point is. I'd like to finish v25, but at that point the only thing I'm doing is Sortie runs. I wouldn't mind doing a Prime, but spending that much time in Sortie combined with what is required to get the items to finish is a no. Especially if you consider games like Starfield and BG3 out now, the new FF7 title, and others on the horizon, I just think people have better things they'd rather do than grind so they can grind more Sortie for months on end hoping to finish a single weapon. The Sortie meta just....sucks. The biggest part of this is most of my friends quit or cut back significantly.

I think it would've been better for retention of players if they gave them new toys to play with that were accessible or tied to content people wanted to do. People will suffer through things to an extent, but they aren't going to do content they despise for 6+ months, deal with enraged bosses, at an hour a day just for a single weapon. The fact they doubled down on this idiotic mechanic before backing off shows how delusional they are and is part of the reason I think making a stage 5 a requirement for this master trial is actually a possibility. The weapons have the potential to make Sortie runs more diverse and interesting, but they are locked behind so much Sortie that it's just demotivating and I think people just decide they have better things to do.

I'm sure the usual suspects will come and say I'm wrong, defend how great Sortie is, say I'm lazy, whatever, but I think the rate at which veteran players are quitting gives this some merit.

This game is 21 years old, something they seem to forget, most of the player base is not interested in 6 months hour long grinds every night any more. We want to decompress, chat with friends, and do interesting or challenging content. Their failure to realize that is why people are quitting. It doesn't mean you have to give everything away to people or make it easy, but you need to make it fun and IMO Sortie just isn't especially with the time commitment.
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2023-09-07 09:40:38
Link | Citer | R

I just hate that I have to choose weapon progress or upgrading armor. Pisses me off to no end.

One hour is too long. Earring+2 system sucks. No gil rewards. Gallimaufry earnings are too low unless you do all 8 bosses and Aminon, then you earned the ability to upgrade 1 single empyrean armor for your valiant effort. Or 1% of a weapon.

Hurts more seeing shouts that are for only 6 bosses. Do I really want to spend an hour for what, at best, will be 36,000 gallimaufry? Hell no.
[+]
By ashcrow 2023-09-07 09:42:09
Link | Citer | R

Ranoutofspace said: »
nd
6 bosses only 36000?
i do 5 bosses but many objectives it feels more than that or am i delusional hmm
By ashcrow 2023-09-07 09:50:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »

The struggle for me to be motivated the last few weeks has been based on trying to figure out what the point is. I'd like to finish v25, but at that point the only thing I'm doing is Sortie runs. I wouldn't mind doing a Prime, but spending that much time in Sortie combined with what is required to get the items to finish is a no. Especially if you consider games like Starfield and BG3 out now, the new FF7 title, and others on the horizon, I just think people have better things they'd rather do than grind so they can grind more Sortie for months on end hoping to finish a single weapon. The Sortie meta just....sucks. The biggest part of this is most of my friends quit or cut back significantly.

I think it would've been better for retention of players if they gave them new toys to play with that were accessible or tied to content people wanted to do. People will suffer through things to an extent, but they aren't going to do content they despise for 6+ months, deal with enraged bosses, at an hour a day just for a single weapon. The fact they doubled down on this idiotic mechanic before backing off shows how delusional they are and is part of the reason I think making a stage 5 a requirement for this master trial is actually a possibility. The weapons have the potential to make Sortie runs more diverse and interesting, but they are locked behind so much Sortie that it's just demotivating and I think people just decide they have better things to do.

I'm sure the usual suspects will come and say I'm wrong, defend how great Sortie is, say I'm lazy, whatever, but I think the rate at which veteran players are quitting gives this some merit.

This game is 21 years old, something they seem to forget, most of the player base is not interested in 6 months hour long grinds every night any more. We want to decompress, chat with friends, and do interesting or challenging content. Their failure to realize that is why people are quitting. It doesn't mean you have to give everything away to people or make it easy, but you need to make it fun and IMO Sortie just isn't especially with the time commitment.
Asura.Iamaman said: »

Sortie would have been amazing if it did not have a 24 hr lock out, or a timer on entry,it should have been an open world Content that everyone can participate with objectives or like old Dyanmis entrance without Limitations except an item that u purchase.
By Taint 2023-09-07 09:54:18
Link | Citer | R

SE needs to add the single boss Vagary option to Sortie.

Daily KI that lets you fight a 2 boss BC. ex. A > E mobs back to back. Gives you 20k Galli and a chance at the loot pool. You can purchase the A metal for 500 galli and the E metal for 2000 galli.

Statics can do their normal grind plus the boss only BC. Others can team up for a quick Galli reward each day.

This would speed up the process and allow people to make progress in 15 minutes a day if they want.

No running around either which is one of the biggest complaints.
By Ranoutofspace 2023-09-07 09:56:11
Link | Citer | R

ashcrow said: »
nd
6 bosses only 36000?
i do 5 bosses but many objectives it feels more than that or am i delusional hmm

ABC, 2000 each, EFG, 10000 each, seems to be the standard for groups shouting. Maybe they kill Naakual too, but its a pug so I'll assume getting all 6 bosses would be a big success.
By Taint 2023-09-07 10:06:53
Link | Citer | R

ashcrow said: »
nd
6 bosses only 36000?

ABC, 2000 each, EFG, 10000 each, seems to be the standard for groups shouting. Maybe they kill Naakual too, but its a pug so I'll assume getting all 6 bosses would be a big success.

Its 40k+.. You get easy chest, mob kills for shards/metals etc.

Naak groups are worth ~2k and upstairs Aurum you can usually get if ABC NMs are on your path.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-09-07 10:12:23
Link | Citer | R

"I've seen groups do 100k per run, these PUGS that only do 40k are pathetic".

Imagine being surprised that a static group is more efficient than PUG lol
By Ranoutofspace 2023-09-07 10:12:56
Link | Citer | R

36-45k or whatever pedantic number you want, have at it.

Nynja having a whinge over a stranger not wanting to spend an hour for 36k-45k gallimaufry. Shocking! Please highlight where I said it was pathetic. I said I don't want to spend my (emphasis on the my part) time doing a 6 boss run over an hour.

Let's not derail this any further into what you think is a good amount of gallimaufry is. No one *** cares what the number is.

Hopefully devs can improve Sortie cause right now, its a slog and more players are quitting or not even doing Sortie.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-09-07 11:07:56
Link | Citer | R

Sortie would be a lot better if you could just teleport directly to the boss room and skip the corridor runs. It's a 1 hour event where you spend 30+ minutes running around with bolters roll on. You could condense it into a 30 minute event where you spend the whole time engaged in battle and it wouldn't feel nearly as bad.

Quote:
Never seen so many good friends quit the game at once.

Sortie is only one factor here. The announcement that development has been suspended indefinitely is far more damaging than any bad content they could put out. ANY new content is better than nothing, even if it's poorly designed. People log in when they have things to grind, new experiences to look forward to, and new gear to acquire. Even when an event is tedious and repetitive people will continue to play and attend those events because it provides a venue of character advancement. Once that advancement path ceases then interest in the game declines. When there is nothing new to strive for there is no reason to play. Once people have all the gear and equipment they ever wanted they get bored. There isn't a reason for them to continue anymore.

MMO's require constant updates with new content injections. They are a constantly evolving gamescape where exploration and new experiences are the very core reason players log in. This is the lifeblood of any MMO. The moment development of new content ceases is the moment that MMO is doomed to wither and eventually fade away. Because it is the moment that new experiences cease to happen. Once that evolution stops, it's only a matter of time.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-09-07 13:40:07
Link | Citer | R

36-45k or whatever pedantic number you want, have at it.

Nynja having a whinge over a stranger not wanting to spend an hour for 36k-45k gallimaufry. Shocking! Please highlight where I said it was pathetic. I said I don't want to spend my (emphasis on the my part) time doing a 6 boss run over an hour.

Let's not derail this any further into what you think is a good amount of gallimaufry is. No one *** cares what the number is.

Hopefully devs can improve Sortie cause right now, its a slog and more players are quitting or not even doing Sortie.

Yup, he missed the point.

He mad tho lol
By Meeble 2023-09-07 15:45:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
Sortie would be a lot better if you could just teleport directly to the boss room and skip the corridor runs. It's a 1 hour event where you spend 30+ minutes running around with bolters roll on. You could condense it into a 30 minute event where you spend the whole time engaged in battle and it wouldn't feel nearly as bad.

Yup, 100%.

The other big issue with Sortie is that if you're done with your +3 and aren't making a prime, there's no useful rewards for doing it.

It's the content equivalent of helping someone do Mission 3-3 the hard way.
[+]
By Nariont 2023-09-07 15:47:56
Link | Citer | R

But the earrings though
By Shichishito 2023-09-07 17:06:57
Link | Citer | R

Sortie has lots of flaws but the biggest mistake imho was to make progress towards prime and empy armor dependant on the same currency. Working towards the bigger goal would be so much more bearable if the path was sprinkled with smaller rewards.
[+]
By Ultimaetus 2023-09-07 17:13:14
Link | Citer | R

I was 100% coping that primes would be killing each boss x amount of times like magian trials

Like 3 would be topfloor
4 would be basement
and 5 would be Aminion
By Meeble 2023-09-07 17:26:47
Link | Citer | R

Ultimaetus said: »
I was 100% coping that primes would be killing each boss x amount of times like magian trials

Like 3 would be topfloor
4 would be basement
and 5 would be Aminion

I mean, it is. That's how the upgrade rocks for each step work.

Just, for some reason they just decided to make each step require a few token rocks and a whole mountain of muffins instead of the other way 'round.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-09-07 18:47:16
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
Sortie has lots of flaws but the biggest mistake imho was to make progress towards prime and empy armor dependant on the same currency. Working towards the bigger goal would be so much more bearable if the path was sprinkled with smaller rewards.

This is my major complaint. I have a bunch of +3 armor I don't feel like I can make, because every time you do it sets you back at least a week on prime grind.
By Seun 2023-09-07 20:25:22
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

This is my major complaint. I have a bunch of +3 armor I don't feel like I can make, because every time you do it sets you back at least a week on prime grind.

Only solo players are set back a week. That is closer to a full set for a group of players. If you ran every day then you'll end up with more galli then you need before you can get the psyches from RoE. Sitting on galli is wasted potential from the performance you'd be getting from upgrading armor.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-09-07 23:36:18
Link | Citer | R

Seun said: »

Only solo players are set back a week. That is closer to a full set for a group of players. If you ran every day then you'll end up with more galli then you need before you can get the psyches from RoE. Sitting on galli is wasted potential from the performance you'd be getting from upgrading armor.

it's 350k gali to +3 a full set of armor. That's a lot more than a week for a solo player.

You're not wrong about possibly sitting on gali. At the rate I'm going and where we are in our Stage 5 journey, I'm holding on to my gali right now because the psyches are not a bottleneck for me. I've got 15 right now with a stage 3 made already, so roughly 5 weeks and I'll have all the psyches for a stage 5. Not going to have 7.5M gali in that time. Sure, if you're getting 80k every night, you'll outpace psyche, and we're close to being able to do that. But it took building up to it, it's not like you suddenly decide to run with a group and instantly do 9 boss runs.

For people that are going after stage 5s, the meso grind is going to bring your gali/per run in the dumpster while you chase the 4 for the upgrade.

Edit: In the dumpster meaning you'll be getting a lot fewer gali/per run by alternating Enraged Aminon and then likely following with 8 boss run. That is still significantly better than most groups average gali/run.

Edit: to be clear, I was talking about +3ing a full set, not an individual piece. Most of the mage job sets are worth doing the whole thing just for nukes. Some you can pick a piece or 2, but imo I want them all +3 for completion.
[+]
By Seun 2023-09-08 02:37:40
Link | Citer | R

it's 350k gali to +3 a full set of armor. That's a lot more than a week for a solo player.

Sorry, I mistook you saying every time to mean each upgrade.

Fujito set the benchmark for ahead of the curve as being "finished by the end of the year". As you said, we are still in the fog about the details of hardmode, but 4 months is a long time. I think you're still on track to reach that target.

I definitely see your point on the usage of certain sets though. It's part of the reason why I prioritize upgrading gear. It's not paying for itself, but the increase in performance over ~8 months of steady grind is a solid investment.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-09-08 09:01:36
Link | Citer | R

Seun said: »

Sorry, I mistook you saying every time to mean each upgrade.

Fujito set the benchmark for ahead of the curve as being "finished by the end of the year". As you said, we are still in the fog about the details of hardmode, but 4 months is a long time. I think you're still on track to reach that target.

I definitely see your point on the usage of certain sets though. It's part of the reason why I prioritize upgrading gear. It's not paying for itself, but the increase in performance over ~8 months of steady grind is a solid investment.

Yeah, I'm fortunate that I was able to complete +3ing most of the jobs I play most gear before the gali cap was raised. Of the jobs I didn't make it to, BLU (basically just nyzul farming) and GEO (I rarely play because nobody ever has whm/healer), I've been sitting on upgrading until I start using them.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-11 01:23:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Even though they've alluded to being specifically for prime weapons, it remains to be seen if it's "only" for prime wielders.
And/or if you can enter with stage 3+
And/or they're unkillable without them.
And more than literally 12 people give a rats ***.

Zero mention of "requiring" stage 3/4/5 for the master trial
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-11 01:34:24
Link | Citer | R

Granted we still don't know the details (for all we know there could be some mechanic "requiring" a Prime) to me it always felt like flavour text.
Like "we're giving you new content so you can enjoy your newly made prime weapons" more than "it's gonna be required to complete this new content".
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 397 398 399 ... 448 449 450