Link | Citer | R

BROOOOOOOO

Your *** right
 Asura.Cthaeh
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Cthaeh 2023-05-02 23:55:17
Link | Citer | R

I have a strange feeling that the "Stage 3 and beyond" comment means these are going to be Augment path weapons. Unlock stage 3 with a basement item, and then grind in some manner.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-05-03 00:51:35
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
Shield face reminds me of the demon slayer Anime swordsmith villagers

You do realize this is a VERY old Japanese thing, and not just from Demon Slayers right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyottoko
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-05-03 01:25:44
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2023-05-03 06:22:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Fondue said: »
if they're removing matsui does that mean we get cornelia?
maybe she is a resurgence reward? lol can always hope
[+]
By Tarage 2023-05-03 07:39:29
Link | Citer | R

It's usually just a swap. Swap Matsui out, bring Cornelia in. In 6 months, swap again.

Draylo said: »
One opinion makes all the dummies come out for their one liners

Odin.Moonja said: »
Personally I don't like the idea behind the shield. It is funny but they could have made it a different color at least.

The entire point of Ageist is an April Fool’s joke. It is the same as Aegis on purpose.

So why not make every REMA with a funny face on it as a login point item? Its just stupid
You mean like the time they slapped an uglier skin on the Nirvana and made it a Vagary reward? This is hardly the first time they have done this. Get over it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-05-03 14:33:39
Link | Citer | R

Tarage said: »
It's usually just a swap. Swap Matsui out, bring Cornelia in. In 6 months, swap again.

That isn't true. Cornelia has only appeared twice, roughly coinciding with the 15th anniversary and 20th anniversary years. First appearance was from the September 2017 version update to the May 2018 update. Second was the May 2022 version update to the November 2022 update. That's it.

Matsui-P has also been available just twice (December 2020 to May 2021, and Nov 2022 to April 2023). Only the last one was immediately following a Cornelia exit, and we've never seen Cornelia reappear immediately following Matsui-P going away.

So yeah, Cornelia probably isn't coming back any time soon. Maybe 2027, please look forward to it!

Asura.Eiryl said: »
All the cosmetics are stupid. Who cares.

If anything, I say bring on more cosmetics. In particular, why have they done cosmetic versions of lots of the Bonanza-only weapons but still haven't gotten around to others? If I can't get the actual Yagyu Darkblade, I'd still like a lv1 katana with the model for my lockstyle purposes! :)

I use the Silver Gun (cosmetic version of Exeter) a lot.
By Tarage 2023-05-03 14:50:18
Link | Citer | R

Odd, so there's just going to be an empty favor slot?
By Blazed1979 2023-05-03 14:53:45
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Cornelia
say it with a JP accent and you get
[+]
By Draylo 2023-05-03 18:57:37
Link | Citer | R

One opinion makes all the dummies come out for their one liners

Personally I don't like the idea behind the shield. It is funny but they could have made it a different color at least.

The entire point of Ageist is an April Fool’s joke. It is the same as Aegis on purpose.

So why not make every REMA with a funny face on it as a login point item? Its just stupid
You mean like the time they slapped an uglier skin on the Nirvana and made it a Vagary reward? This is hardly the first time they have done this. Get over it.

You mean the one that isn't the same color, kinda like how i suggested for this? This is the exact same model with a different face. You get over it, you don't have to oppose every opinión on a vanity item. If you like it then good for you, I don't. Not to mention that item isn't a lvl 1 item from login points
By Draylo 2023-05-03 19:01:06
Link | Citer | R

Just ask yourself, why do you keep saying "who cares", clearly you do it you have to keep saying that to someone with an opposing opinion

Can't even have a civil discussion in the XI places these days.

"I don't really like the idea behind this thing, it's funny but maybe a different color"

OMG, who cares! Followed by a string of one liners, personal attacks and dragging the past into it somehow. From obvious radicals. Clearly they adopt the approach in all aspects of their life.
By Tanag 2023-05-03 22:57:47
Link | Citer | R

Has XI ever been able to have civil discussions? We are the most drama obsessed group of people I have ever experienced.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Tarage 2023-05-03 23:18:13
Link | Citer | R

Call me when you're civil.
By AegParm 2023-05-03 23:36:09
Link | Citer | R

Hello when you're civil, I'm dad
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-05-04 02:27:10
Link | Citer | R

I meant before they even went ahead with the idea. I'm not "worried" really, I just feel like it was dumb and gave my opinion on it. Feels like it takes away from the game for me by giving everyone an almost identical item to a relic and it wouldn't have killed them to make it rusty or toonish looking or something instead.

My opinion isn't going to stop them from implementing it into the game, so don't worry. But we all know people are going to use that on mules to pretend they have Aegis, most won't even tell the difference. So to me it feels cheap thats all. Relics aren't a big deal at all anymore but I always hated the freebie crap they implemented thru the years so I feel like it just opens up to more REMA being lv 1 lockstyle items. (Also, I disliked the Mindmelter staff when it was implemented too, just felt cheap also.)

I made one comment and since have had to explain myself multiple times. I just don't get why people are upset others have a differing opinion lol. Really it just boils down to most don't give a ***because they really don't care about the games overall health and longterm stability and thats fine, but I don't get all the opposition to a damn opinion.
 Odin.Lusiphur
Serveur: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2023-05-04 04:07:02
Link | Citer | R

You can have all the opinions you want on what color it should have been. That wasn’t my point. Did you not see the “April 1” version update? It looked like that then, why would they change it?

And most likely, they got feedback from players requesting they make it a real item available in the game.
 Odin.Lusiphur
Serveur: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2023-05-04 04:08:06
Link | Citer | R

You do realize this is a VERY old Japanese thing, and not just from Demon Slayers right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyottoko

Thank you for the context. I personally did not and I'm sure many others didn't as well.
[+]
By Seun 2023-05-04 07:17:27
Link | Citer | R

Really it just boils down to most don't give a ***because they really don't care about the games overall health and longterm stability and thats fine, but I don't get all the opposition to a damn opinion.

SE is mocking you for pronouncing Aegis incorrectly.

A game is only as healthy as it's community. Nobody should be questioning the longevity of a game that remains profitable despite recycling assets for most of the last 15 years. Your opinion isn't wrong, just overly dramatic.

Besides, we all know the shield that everyone will be have on lock is the shield from the new master trial...
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-05-04 11:40:03
Link | Citer | R

I think that given how cheap relics have gotten over the years, it's not that big a deal. If they had done it in the 75 days, I could see justifiable outrage over it. FFXIAH has 4700 aegises scanned, how many active players do we even have? I bet one in 3 serious endgame players has it at this point, it's not exactly rare to see a real one around.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-05-04 12:09:02
Link | Citer | R

Theyre mad because the 10 minutes they spent doing that joke dat mod, they should have been working on new content.

And I agree! They should have prioritized making the floating shadow lord head mount available to the players instead of the Aegist.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-05-04 18:29:16
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I think that given how cheap relics have gotten over the years, it's not that big a deal. If they had done it in the 75 days, I could see justifiable outrage over it. FFXIAH has 4700 aegises scanned, how many active players do we even have? I bet one in 3 serious endgame players has it at this point, it's not exactly rare to see a real one around.

Also, they DO provide cosmetic versions of actual super-rare items that people would show off as status pieces. Many of the Bonanza-exclusive weapon models were reused for lv1 cosmetic weapons. I'm surprised they have yet to complete the entire line with cosmetic versions, would be nearly zero effort to add as login point rewards.
By Draylo 2023-05-04 20:00:13
Link | Citer | R

Rare items, not items that are in lore and are suppose to be unique. Nobody is "mad", its just literally an opinion. The only people blowing it out of proportion are those that are opposing peoples opinion on a vanity item. I literally typed one line post about how I thought it was dumb lol.

If you go solely off how much Gil it takes to make or how many are in existence, by that you could make almost anything into a lockstyle login point item these days. Why even bother forcing someone to have an item to lockstyle into it anymore? Just let everyone lockstyle into everything and anything even if they don't have it, because almost everything is easy to get now.
By Hopalong 2023-05-04 20:44:49
Link | Citer | R

I would not have decided that giving a rema skin for login points or whatever would be a good idea, come on. It cheapens the history of rema and whatever no matter how small effort that someone can say: "I worked for this".

Poor decision like always, who knows what the hell they are thinking.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2023-05-04 21:00:03
Link | Citer | R

I still want the to make the camera weapon and pen polearm available again
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 375 376 377 ... 448 449 450