Link | Citer | R

@Zigzagzig the pinned comment is a link to Funks post
[+]
 Bismarck.Coffeegood
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Coffeegood 2022-07-23 18:38:21
Link | Citer | R

holding payment till they come out with something worth $26.00 a month been a stagnant few months with stuff pushed back more and more.
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-07-23 18:49:43
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Coffeegood said: »
holding payment till they come out with something worth $26.00 a month been a stagnant few months with stuff pushed back more and more.

That's how you do it. Play when it is worth it. I've been unsubbed these past couple months and will be back for August since there will be stuff to do
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-07-23 23:59:19
Link | Citer | R

Miss yah coffee ~
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-07-27 09:01:52
Link | Citer | R

Welp, it looks like Sortie is the English name too. Also it appears to be in an Outer Ra'Kaznar style zone rather than Inner based on the teaser image. That is a shame if it is only in Outer, as Inner was barely used.

It also appears that we are heading to Adoulin with TVR missions.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-07-27 11:46:35
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Welp, it looks like Sortie is the English name too. Also it appears to be in an Outer Ra'Kaznar style zone rather than Inner based on the teaser image. That is a shame if it is only in Outer, as Inner was barely used.

It also appears that we are heading to Adoulin with TVR missions.

Agreed. I would have really enjoyed seeing inner used a bit more. Well, maybe when +3 comes out...
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-27 12:41:46
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
That is a shame if it is only in Outer, as Inner was barely used.
Outer for +2
Inner for +3
Called it!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-07-27 14:18:00
Link | Citer | R

Sortie as an event name sounds kind of...off, unless you're used to hearing that kind of term (I'm not). I get that it's a military term, it just doesn't ring the same as past events, for me at least.

We've had:
Dynamis
Salvage
Skirmish
Odyssey (Gaol, Sheol)
Omen
Sinister Reign
Ambuscade (like ambush)
Incursion

All give some kind of event hype feeling. Then you have Sortie.

HEY YALL WANNA TEAM UP FOR SOME SORTIE?? lol

Maybe it sounds more badass in Japanese /shrug.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2022-07-27 14:25:35
Link | Citer | R

Sortie's
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-27 15:20:45
Link | Citer | R

Sortie is like Garrison, or Assault, or Incursion, or Beiseged, or Skirmish. In name.

By description, it's literally Skirmish (and by location, it's Skirmish)

Defend, then attack
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-07-27 15:22:55
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

Sortie's

Seems like a skirmish to me...

Edit: Sortie and Skirmish and Incursion are (in my mind) pretty synonymous words. I could be wrong though.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-07-27 19:40:40
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

Sortie's

Seems like a skirmish to me...

Edit: Sortie and Skirmish and Incursion are (in my mind) pretty synonymous words. I could be wrong though.

Sortie and Incursion are antonyms, kinda!
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-07-27 19:47:34
Link | Citer | R

My inventory was a mess, so I had to sortie it before I did anything!
[+]
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2022-07-27 22:47:31
Link | Citer | R

https://we-are-vanadiel.finalfantasyxi.com/post/?id=436

Quote:
In the case of WoW, the game system often undergoes fundamental changes when they release a new expansion. With MMORPGs like that, I can see why some people would long for the old specifications and how that might be a business opportunity. However, there are almost no major changes to that extent in FFXI.

According to Matsui, the game systems of FFXI have not undergone any "fundamental" changes for any expansions, its the same as it was at 75 cap, so theres no reason to entertain that era of gameplay...

Abyssea, not a major change from everything before it. Audolin and ilvl? Nope, same ***.

Damn this guys head is so far up his own ***. Could have just kept with the stock response to era servers "no money, no snapshot, not at this time"
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-07-27 22:58:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Briko said: »
https://we-are-vanadiel.finalfantasyxi.com/post/?id=436

Quote:
In the case of WoW, the game system often undergoes fundamental changes when they release a new expansion. With MMORPGs like that, I can see why some people would long for the old specifications and how that might be a business opportunity. However, there are almost no major changes to that extent in FFXI.

According to Matsui, the game systems of FFXI have not undergone any "fundamental" changes for any expansions, its the same as it was at 75 cap, so theres no reason to entertain that era of gameplay...

Abyssea, not a major change from everything before it. Audolin and ilvl? Nope, same ***.

Damn this guys head is so far up his own ***. Could have just kept with the stock response to era servers "no money, no snapshot, not at this time"
Adoulin was suppose to give us back 75 ERA feeling of the game before Square adding evasion and Weapon skill on items, they were not ILVL, armor and weapons people just cried like little *** because the weapons were better than remas for a couple of years even after buffing, as for abyssea it was designed to be the end patch for FFXI before the release of 14 we all know what happened there. I clearley remamber doing adoulin Delve Prior to ILVL and evaision stat + addition to items it was a *** nightmare
That game ragnarok is *** amazing too bad its *** by Localization and botts.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-07-27 23:14:57
Link | Citer | R

Fundamentally that's correct, only thing thats changed is numbers everywhere have gotten bigger and the games gotten faster
[+]
By Draylo 2022-07-27 23:17:52
Link | Citer | R

Almost all the same systems that were in place in lv75 days are still here with different names and numbers. So they really didnt have any fundamental changes.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-07-28 01:01:35
Link | Citer | R

As someone who has never touched WoW: what kind of fundamental changes did they experience by comparison?
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-07-28 01:37:28
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »
As someone who has never touched WoW: what kind of fundamental changes did they experience by comparison?

Extra systems, Versions of the same dungeon, And Instead of item dropping from bosses its random loot to every 1 in raid and sometimes u don't get to its *** ***, and Fake Power levels each expansion rogue like that you need to complete Complete it in daily basis X times.

Before u log in u level to max, and do dungeons and get some loot than start raiding, you can also get some PREBIS and bis items pre raids now Dungeons are useless as ***.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Aerix 2022-07-28 14:44:45
Link | Citer | R

Some of those changes you mention sound a lot more like what FF14 ARR went through over time, but the way that person in the video talks about classic WoW it's just like classic vs. modern FFXI.

I guess it makes sense since WoW was in between both games in terms of release date as well as overall design.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.
[+]
By Seun 2022-07-29 00:57:29
Link | Citer | R

I understood Matsui's comment to mean that there was a large difference between how Blizzard developed the 'base' game and how the implemented expansions compared to how SE expanded on FFXI. Perhaps some of the native speakers can come to clarify, but that was my takeaway.

Azeroth was massive and had to be for several reasons. They introduced lead-in for all the races, classes and world lore as an introduction for those who weren't familiar with Warcraft universe. They also did a great job including supplemental storyline for NPCs of importance to the general lore as well as many visual landmarks mentioned in literature. For these reasons, vanilla played the most like a traditional RPG in my opinion.

To contrast, the leveling experience in TBC(first expansion) was mostly linear until near the end where you had your choice of which 2 of the last 3 zones you wanted to finish with. Lack of real estate also led to the prominence of 'Quest hubs'. The quests did do a good job leading you through zones, but mostly removed the reason to explore on your own. The story was basically alliance or horde flavored which made TBC feel more like an episode than an expansion.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-07-29 01:50:47
Link | Citer | R

Thunderjet said: »

Extra systems, Versions of the same dungeon, And Instead of item dropping from bosses its random loot to every 1 in raid and sometimes u don't get to its *** ***, and Fake Power levels each expansion rogue like that you need to complete Complete it in daily basis X times.

Before u log in u level to max, and do dungeons and get some loot than start raiding, you can also get some PREBIS and bis items pre raids now Dungeons are useless as ***.

I'm officially old. That's not even english.
[+]
By Rips 2022-07-29 03:48:46
Link | Citer | R

Free campaign login campaign is back again (I feel like we just had one) and I’m wondering if we’re gonna get another Test Your Luck silver voucher campaign?

Asking for a friend. o.o
[+]
By Afania 2022-07-29 06:37:13
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Almost all the same systems that were in place in lv75 days are still here with different names and numbers. So they really didnt have any fundamental changes.

The biggest difference between 75 era and today's FFXI is how social interactions work, due to how drops are handled differently.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2022-07-29 07:21:51
Link | Citer | R

Rips said: »
Free campaign login campaign is back again (I feel like we just had one) and I’m wondering if we’re gonna get another Test Your Luck silver voucher campaign?

Asking for a friend. o.o

The fact that they're doing the A.M.A.N. Trove Gazillionaire Campaign in the last week of the month makes me suspect they'll be handing out vouchers at that time too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2022-07-29 14:21:01
Link | Citer | R

Rips said: »

Asking for a friend. o.o

Oh I didn't know its back up! Thanks for sharing that info :) My friend wanted the colibri bed, now he can get it :D
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-02 06:48:02
Link | Citer | R

When is the patch?
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-02 08:24:53
Link | Citer | R

I would guess in 2 days, since campaigns are usually 1 day after and new ones are set to 5th. That being said its super late to communicate that patch is coming that early, so I'm only like 90% convinced it will be 4th.
[+]
By 1thenumber 2022-08-02 08:56:54
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
I would guess in 2 days, since campaigns are usually 1 day after and new ones are set to 5th. That being said its super late to communicate that patch is coming that early, so I'm only like 90% convinced it will be 4th.

Current login campaign runs until the 9th, which means patch is likely the 11th. Which also means they will likely announce it on the 4th.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-02 09:07:51
Link | Citer | R

1thenumber said: »
SimonSes said: »

Current login campaign runs until the 9th, which means patch is likely the 11th. Which also means they will likely announce it on the 4th.

Its not related at all. Login campaign is almost always or always until 2nd(points distribution ends) and 9th(points exchange ends). In April it was also like that, but patch was at 4th.

There is however correlation with monthly campaigns and patch. Campaigns usually starts day after patch and we have campaigns start at 5th in August, so patch should be at 4th, but it's very late and we still have no info. It would be kinda strange to communicate patch date day before patch (I assume it will be posted tomorrow), but I still think it's possible.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 306 307 308 ... 436 437 438