Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 305 306 307 ... 436 437 438
By IGDC 2022-07-21 21:06:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean, what's supposed to be "reasonably"? Everything gives exemplar. Ambuscade. Odyssey. Omen. Dienamis. The only thing that doesn't is UNM (And it should, mobs are 128+)

I guess, sure, they don't give enough but that's always going to be unfair for suboptimal nonmeta jobs.

And yes, it is mildly hilarious to see a delevel, but penalties for deaths are so 2006

Odyssey is ~50k EP a day (in a good farm run), Dynamis is about 6 EP a mob (so like 3k max when you kill everything), Ambuscade is (this month) 9 mobs worth (like 3k/run) if you kill the adds twice.

I think by reasonable, he means something that wouldn't take 9days(oddy), 145 dynamis runs (over a year) and/or 145 ambuscade runs in a month to get even one level from ML34 to ML35 (435k EP)
[+]
 Asura.Brennski
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2022-07-22 03:38:52
Link | Citer | R

I mean I'd take Dyna being bumped up to like 15k per run or so, so that if you happen to die, you can gain back most of the buffer you lost from dying.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-07-22 06:20:04
Link | Citer | R

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29127/random-question-thread-ffxi-related/745/#3631387

might be worth having a mamool ja earring for dyna runs if you find yourself missing EP all the time, though i guess it doesn't help much if your group wipes or dies frequently
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2022-07-22 08:24:17
Link | Citer | R

Only time anyone should die is during W3 final boss if working on mask or title, none of the W2 bosses are that hard where it should kill anyone that knows how to setup its partys.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-07-22 08:32:31
Link | Citer | R

Good lord, people are STILL complaining about losing EP? 90% of people are botting it anyways, and the few who aren't are constantly espousing how EP levels aren't necessary for existing content.

So which is it? So valuable that losing even a single tic is cruel and unusual by SE....or so pointless you shouldn't waste your time worrying?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-22 08:44:05
Link | Citer | R

It's both.

If you're missing 1 str you're gimp and a loser, but at the same time it doesn't actually mean anything. It's optics vs function.

M39 is a *** scrub, and M40 is a champion, but they're no different. (or M49 and M50 etc)
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-07-22 09:15:28
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Only time anyone should die is during W3 final boss if working on mask or title, none of the W2 bosses are that hard where it should kill anyone that knows how to setup its partys.

Unless disjoined taru gets off some lucky sleep shenanigans or people don't know how to stand behind elvaan to avoid circle blade I don't see how the wave 3 bosses are any more dangerous than the wave 2 ones. They're honestly pretty tame and some of the normal Su5's can be worse. Wave 3 bosses are just big HP sponges, but they aren't inherently deadly. Halphas on the other hand can still wreck people from time to time, and Ka'Rho Fearsinger can do some things that leaves a trail of corpses behind as well.
[+]
By IGDC 2022-07-22 09:17:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bixbite said: »
Idc how many times my WAR dies they will gain it back via odyssey seg runs but when my PUP dies thats like an extra 20mins of locus bird grinding added ><.

Pup is on Tauret, AoE parties all day man!
[+]
By Nariont 2022-07-22 09:42:47
Link | Citer | R

Just about every job that i can think of can effectively either AE or failing that cata cleave, so short of just not having someone to support you in some fashion it shouldnt be that hard to cleave a few rounds. That said "20 extra minutes" of grinding is hardly a daunting task.

EDIT: well i guess RUN can't but they can just pack the mobs up instead
[+]
By quadramet 2022-07-22 10:28:28
Link | Citer | R

IGDC said: »
Idc how many times my WAR dies they will gain it back via odyssey seg runs but when my PUP dies thats like an extra 20mins of locus bird grinding added ><.

Pup is on Tauret, AoE parties all day man!

just make sure you have the right sub set for AE. I made that mistake once and I realized it after I pulled like 6-7 mobs in Omen.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-07-22 11:41:36
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:

Unless disjoined taru gets off some lucky sleep shenanigans or people don't know how to stand behind elvaan to avoid circle blade I don't see how the wave 3 bosses are any more dangerous than the wave 2 ones. They're honestly pretty tame and some of the normal Su5's can be worse. Wave 3 bosses are just big HP sponges, but they aren't inherently deadly. Halphas on the other hand can still wreck people from time to time, and Ka'Rho Fearsinger can do some things that leaves a trail of corpses behind as well.

Taru and Elvaan are the easiest of the two in damage output, Mithra and Galka can put out really hard hitting weapon skills that eventually become AoE. You really don't want either's attention for very long as back to back WS's will floor most folks.

Nowadays with Ody gear they are more survivable, but getting cocky is a good way to eat a 3K Blade: Hi.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-07-22 11:42:23
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
Just about every job that i can think of can effectively either AE or failing that cata cleave, so short of just not having someone to support you in some fashion it shouldnt be that hard to cleave a few rounds. That said "20 extra minutes" of grinding is hardly a daunting task.

EDIT: well i guess RUN can't but they can just pack the mobs up instead

RUN has Fell Cleave!
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-07-22 12:25:20
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Mithra and Galka can put out really hard hitting weapon skills that eventually become AoE. You really don't want either's attention for very long as back to back WS's will floor most folks.

That's what tanks are for. Paladin and Rune can both handle them with very few issues.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-07-22 12:53:27
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
Mithra and Galka can put out really hard hitting weapon skills that eventually become AoE. You really don't want either's attention for very long as back to back WS's will floor most folks.

That's what tanks are for. Paladin and Rune can both handle them with very few issues.

Until the DPS hit hate cap, which will happen during a 30,000,000 HP fight.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-07-22 14:16:41
Link | Citer | R

Nonsense. Hybrids and /DRG make it extremely difficult to pull hate so it depends entirely on what job people are on. NIN and SAM tear that ***apart and all of my low man W3 clears involved one or both.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-07-22 14:26:04
Link | Citer | R

I admittedly don't do the fights often, but the disjointed are easier than the wave 2 bosses in my eyes. The disjointed NMs are mostly punching bags so long as you don't grab hate.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-07-22 14:39:06
Link | Citer | R

Why arent there more ways to gain exemplar points reasonably. Its rough for non meta jobs who aren't invited to seg pts or are not able to join aoe pts. Idc how many times my WAR dies they will gain it back via odyssey seg runs but when my PUP dies thats like an extra 20mins of locus bird grinding added ><.

Every single job can be used in an AOE Cleave party. If there are seemingly no options, you can always /WAR and use Gozuki Mazuki to Earth Crusher. And on top of that, any job can pull. We have even used a SMN (and PUP for that matter) as the puller. E'rbody gets EP!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-07-22 14:40:26
Link | Citer | R

W2 bosses are mechanically more difficult for sure, they die so much faster though so that's a consideration. Echoing my love for NIN in dyna, it basically nullifies orc, yagudo, and goblin. NIN+GEO duoing Halphas is some of the most cathartic ***I've witnessed.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-07-22 14:52:54
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Nonsense. Hybrids and /DRG make it extremely difficult to pull hate so it depends entirely on what job people are on. NIN and SAM tear that ***apart and all of my low man W3 clears involved one or both.

I can attest firsthand that hybrids are ridiculous on the wave 3 bosses. Nyame + hybrids is broken, you just need proper buffs and support. Give ranger malaise and acumen and throw up hover shot and hot shot hits 99k every single time on W3 bosses. Add K club to the mix and ranger can put out such stupid damage on them it's actually kinda dumb... and yeah, sam and ninja do similar stuff, and subbing /drg to abuse super and high jump as needed on so many jobs nowadays also makes hate mitigation fairly simple. There isn't much difference between wave 2 and 3 bosses in my opinion. W3 bosses just have much larger HP bars, but they aren't any more deadly than anything else. Honestly an unsilenced disjoiner or a poorly positioned cleaver Su5 will kill far more people than the W3 boss most of the time.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-07-22 15:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Don't think anyone was saying you couldnt, double dark weather at all times is pretty nice, nyame just lets everyone do similar now + ride high in DT at the same time, cor included via hot shot.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-07-23 01:08:31
Link | Citer | R

does any 1 have RUNE PLD NIN SAM Empy +2 leaks yet i saw a youtube video some 1 showing some of the armors
[+]
By Nariont 2022-07-23 02:23:20
Link | Citer | R

No
[+]
By Afania 2022-07-23 06:05:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Good lord, people are STILL complaining about losing EP?

I joined an EP party earlier using an extremely dysfunctional setup: PLD COR SAM MNK DRK SCH. Haste was not capped and dmg is gimp without a geo. :(

After 2 hours of cleaving with haste 1 I walked away with 966k EP aka 483k/hr.

Even if your job/gear can't cleave, just sitting there subbing whm hasting people or subbing sch windstorming people and tossing random cures can get pretty high EP/hr I think.

I honestly don't understand why people complain about EP all the time. The only complaint that I have is it's very boring to do, that's about it.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-23 07:55:48
Link | Citer | R

I've gotten less than 80k/hour in an AoE party before; while your setup was a bit dysfunctional, it sounds like your members weren't. Most "proper" setup parties don't get that much per hour and often disband much earlier as well.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-07-23 08:38:17
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Good lord, people are STILL complaining about losing EP?

I just joined an EP party earlier using an extremely dysfunctional setup: PLD COR SAM MNK DRK SCH. Haste not capped and dmg is gimp without a geo. :(

After 2 hours of cleaving with haste 1 I walked away with 966k EP aka 483k/hr.

Even if your job/gear can't cleave, just sitting there subbing whm hasting people or subbing sch windstorming people and tossing random cures can get pretty high EP/hr I think.

I honestly don't understand why people complain about EP all the time. The only compliant that I have is it's very boring to do, that's about it.

Its not even just the very accurate points you make- which in many ways are just characteristics of any EXP system Final Fantasy has ever had- its that this system gives boosts that while certainly nice have not been paired with new content that requires them.

And when I pair that realization with all the complaining of nothing but Odyssey to do, why would people purposely rush the limited content we get, and in particular content they aren't liking? I'm with you, do a lil' here, a lil' there, and not lose sleep over it.
[+]
By zigzagzig 2022-07-23 09:25:10
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-07-23 12:17:17
Link | Citer | R

He doesn't link it but here is Funk's post he's reading.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51608/dev-tracker-discussion/294/#3630694
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-23 12:27:42
Link | Citer | R

I don't think it affects the usefulness of the piece much other than squeezing out just a little less dAGI, but the English translation in that post made a mistake on the MNK piece's AGI, showing it as 55 instead of the actual 35.
[+]
By Afania 2022-07-23 13:16:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
I've gotten less than 80k/hour in an AoE party before; while your setup was a bit dysfunctional, it sounds like your members weren't. Most "proper" setup parties don't get that much per hour and often disband much earlier as well.

I'd say it has more to do with low level sync than anything else. In low level sync pt(the one I was in earlier) I'm counting 110k EP per pull. In a higher level sync pt EP per pull is often reduced to 20k-30k each, even with +8 cor rolls. However killing faster with more haste doesn't increase pulling speed by 3-5 times due to downtime between pulls.

Having an empty camp helps, of course.

If you ask me, if I have to choose between a dysfunctional setup with someone at low ML v.s a fully hasted pt with high ML members, I'd probably pick low ML members and swap in DW gears for haste.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 305 306 307 ... 436 437 438