user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2022-07-19 12:41:06
Link | Citer | R

Let's be honest. Most big fights went:
DRK/WAR/SAM/MNK: "Hell yeah gaiz! Look at my numberz!"
30 seconds later
"Hurry up and rez me!"
"Who broke shadow bind!?!"

Token THF, NIN or RDM sits and tanks mob for 10 minutes while people repeatedly reraise/die again and wins parse by doing shitty consistent damage while not getting killed.

DDs all high five! "We did it!"
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2022-07-19 14:13:12
Link | Citer | R

Maybe back in 03, 04 or even 05, that changed as time went on as folks figured out how to use defense sets.
[+]
 Asura.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2022-07-19 17:42:18
Link | Citer | R

You say that changed like you haven't done pickup ambuscade in years...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2022-07-19 17:52:17
Link | Citer | R

To be fair, it's hard to not have some measure of a hybrid set at minimum if using any Ambu gear. Have to go out of one's way to use the set that doesn't have -dt on most jobs. Hell my WHM runs around with -32%dt in idle set.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2022-07-19 21:47:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Raelia said: »
To be fair, it's hard to not have some measure of a hybrid set at minimum if using any Ambu gear. Have to go out of one's way to use the set that doesn't have -dt on most jobs. Hell my WHM runs around with -32%dt in idle set.

WHM has been easy to have a nice hybrid idle set for years now with the introduction of Ambu gear.

ItemSet 366076

Back date that a little bit and can use Terra's Staff and have similar results.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-07-19 22:27:23
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
Everyone that posts here has statics for everything and ALL the odyssey gear maxed.

Excuse you... My gleti feet are R24 bigot.
 Asura.Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2022-07-19 22:33:44
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
WHM has been easy to have a nice hybrid idle set for years now with the introduction of Ambu gear.

ItemSet 366076

WHM is on Ayanmo, which is straight -dt.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2022-07-19 22:37:39
Link | Citer | R

Hybrid.. which in this case meant dt and a means of refresh.
[+]
 Asura.Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2022-07-19 23:00:41
Link | Citer | R

Spitballing that if you're doing anything that requires that much idle refresh, you probably need the raw -dt more, lol.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-07-20 00:12:26
Link | Citer | R

Ayanmo is a good deal less meva, so inyanga pulls double duty as refresh idle as well as highest meva
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-07-20 03:05:45
Link | Citer | R

Spitballing that if you're doing anything that requires that much idle refresh, you probably need the raw -dt more, lol.

It's actually super rare where for magic attack you would want low MEVA and 50% DT over very high MEVA and shell, but in this case Inyanga also has MDT, so you have both. Obviously Inyanga is crap against physical damage.
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-07-20 06:02:35
Link | Citer | R

With PDT on cape, that set would be DT capped.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2022-07-20 09:13:46
Link | Citer | R

That set is fine, the only thing I'd swap out is Genmei Earring for Ethereal Earring unless that 1% PDT is gonna make or break your survival. Free MP for getting hit by stuff is nice.
By Aerix 2022-07-20 10:07:23
Link | Citer | R

I'd honestly use Inyanga body (preferably Shamash+Etiolation) and Inyanga legs over the extra Refresh pieces, too. Getting hit by status effects can get people killed and MP is usually not an issue if you're getting Ballad.

Pretending this is just a pre-Ody set, anyway.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-07-20 10:48:34
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »
Pretending this is just a pre-Ody set, anyway.

Right? Just slap on Bunzi's or Nyame and call it a day, I don't really understand why there's so much discussion about Ambu armor when the R0 Ody body armors are better.

Assuming Refresh isn't your concern. And if it is, Shamash > AF+3 or Relic +3.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-07-20 11:34:21
Link | Citer | R

Iunno. Shamash is better for sure but not everyone has Shamash Robe or is willing to pay someone for their lucky Trove drop of it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-07-20 13:23:14
Link | Citer | R

People were suggesting Ambuscade armors and not talking about the easily obtained Odyssey armors. Since none of those options have refresh, the Ody choices (either Bunzi or Nyame, augments or not) are clearly better for Meva/DT purposes and so it was a little puzzling why Odyssey choices were not being talked about.

I only mentioned Shamash for a refresh option, and since it's unreasonable to assume people have Omen bodies I mentioned the leading alternatives for WHM refresh (AF and Relic +3, which are nearly the same for idle set purposes).

Shamash also isn't "better for sure" as an overall idle piece - it has less Meva/MDB/DEF than the Ody bodies (so if that's your priority you'd want to go for Bunzi/Nyame), and PDT-10% instead of Bunzi's better DT-10% (or Nyame's DT-9%). However, Shamash does have Refresh along with solid (but not BiS) Meva/MDB/DEF, and the PDT- should allow you to cap PDT/MDT without much problem. So it's a very nice combo piece, and clearly a better idle Refresh option than the AF/Relic bodies. I personally default to it on my own WHM idle set, but I can definitely see the arguments to prefer Bunzi's Robe.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-07-20 13:38:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
People were suggesting Ambuscade armors and not talking about the easily obtained Odyssey armors. Since none of those options have refresh, the Ody choices (either Bunzi or Nyame, augments or not) are clearly better for Meva/DT purposes and so it was a little puzzling why Odyssey choices were not being talked about.

No refresh? Inyanga has refresh with set bonus, which I thought was the point to use it.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-07-20 13:40:45
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure the initial comment said 'for years now with the introduction of ambuscade gear', so the first set was posted to illustrate it's not a modern development. Then, people who didn't bother reading the whole post jumped in with 'but i can do it better with nyame lolol'.

Edit to be on(off?) topic:
ItemSet 357826
50 pdt,mdt,bdt.. cape aug not needed so you can use resin on m.eva or status resist+, 6-7 refresh, carriers sash to unlock 1/8 resist for all elements
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-07-20 13:49:18
Link | Citer | R

The only think I don't like there is the Odnowa Earring, just because if I'm doing that set I'd like as high a max MP as I can.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-07-20 13:50:16
Link | Citer | R

It isn't really necessary for anything, you drop to 49 bdt without it, but it does have 30 def on it too. Could use lugalbanda.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-07-20 13:50:48
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
It isn't really necessary for anything, you drop to 49 bdt without it, but it does have 30 def on it too. Could use lugalbanda.

Don't think WHM is on Lugalbanda sadly.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-07-20 13:53:08
Link | Citer | R

Probably why I didn't have it there.. Sanare/Flashward/Eabani are all pretty close to each other. I still like Odnowa though, since I always have refresh sources anyway.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-07-20 14:00:21
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »

Don't think WHM is on Lugalbanda sadly.

Its not its BLM SCH SMN GEO.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-07-20 19:02:24
Link | Citer | R

I'd rather enki for meva+10 & inventory+1, warder's charm +1 for occ. absorb mdt, and gelatinous ring +1 instead of defending ring for more HP.

PDT/MDT would still be at cap.
If breath damage actually becomes a thing then I could see d.ring & swap shamash for bunzi.
[+]
By Manque 2022-07-21 19:48:30
Link | Citer | R

Morning Team, interesting update from the Japanese forums today to share. Some users complained about the fact you lose exemplar points when you die in Ambuscade as it does not encourage people to try new things. Dev replied,

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forum.php#threads/59607/?page=2

“We are considering changing Ambuscade so that no exemplar points are loss on death. However, in exchange, no exemplar points will be gained.”

Reactions have been, “why not Odyssey too?”, “should be no penalty in the first place”, “need a mode switch like merit points”.
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2022-07-21 20:35:34
Link | Citer | R

Why arent there more ways to gain exemplar points reasonably. Its rough for non meta jobs who aren't invited to seg pts or are not able to join aoe pts. Idc how many times my WAR dies they will gain it back via odyssey seg runs but when my PUP dies thats like an extra 20mins of locus bird grinding added ><.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-21 20:47:16
Link | Citer | R

I mean, what's supposed to be "reasonably"? Everything gives exemplar. Ambuscade. Odyssey. Omen. Dienamis. The only thing that doesn't is UNM (And it should, mobs are 128+)

I guess, sure, they don't give enough but that's always going to be unfair for suboptimal nonmeta jobs.

And yes, it is mildly hilarious to see a delevel, but penalties for deaths are so 2006
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 304 305 306 ... 438 439 440