Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 301 302 303 ... 454 455 456
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-15 12:41:49
Link | Citer | R

Requiescat was figured out during VW and was 100% known at the time by any linkshell competent enough to do serious attempts at Delve clears. Monks were used because their white damage was better than Req's WS damage, Monk's HP was very useful for surviving the NMs, and they could be used to kill Matamata with just 1 Monk while the rest of the alliance killed other NMs (whereas Requiescat gets crippled by the 99999 damage cap on him).
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-07-15 12:59:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Requiescat was figured out during VW and was 100% known at the time. Monks were used because their white damage was better than Req's WS damage, Monk's HP was very useful for surviving the NMs, and they could be used to kill Matamata with just 1 Monk (whereas Requiescat gets crippled by the 99999 damage cap on him).

Oh in the beginning they didn't know and a BLU with Req would crush a MNK in total damage, I know because I did it consistently. A single BLU absolutely demolish's the mata because blu spells do physical while counting as "magical". You just spam Dart and it goes from 2~3K damage at first to 20~40K before the mata runs out of HP. No waiting, just don't engage and and spam Dart and once it's damage gets hi you rotate sinker in, whole things over with long before capped damage.

People used MNK for the same reason they use everything else in this game, the first Tojil wins on youtube used a bunch of MNK's and Oatixur's were super strong. Nobody thought to look at the Buramenk'ah that dropped cause "lol BLU is soro job". It's the exact same pattern with every event, so expect it with the new one coming up. Some group wins the event and posts a youtube video, whatever setup they used is immediately copied by everyone and folks resist any deviation. Three to eight months later someone ends up deviating and finds a faster / better / easier way to do it.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-07-15 13:04:22
Link | Citer | R

The real reason is a bunch of mnks rotating mantra and using formless+hf was easier to set up
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-15 13:08:50
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
The real reason is a bunch of mnks rotating mantra and using formless+hf was easier to set up

Idiotproof

(the most it could be)*
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-07-15 13:22:21
Link | Citer | R

Formless was only useful the first 25%, Requiescat destroys it during that window. The next is bonus piercing, great time to hit AL and use Sinker whenever it was up, back then four digit damage was considered "good", long before the iLevel pass and WS overhaul. Slashing got bonus damage from 49 to 25, then only the last 25% was bonus to blunt. I distinctly remember the MNKs complaining that I was "stealing their damage" due to how fast I blew through the first 25% and the final parse had me ahead by a large margin. Same with shark and bee, especially bee since Req completely bypassed it's stacking damage reduction. Unfortunately so many people had committed a ton of effort into building MNKs that they continued to be popular until Delve was relegated to a 6 man event.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-07-15 15:01:27
Link | Citer | R

That's the thing, it didn't take a ton of resources to make a mnk that could perform "well enough" for delve (some manibozo, emp body, etc...), particularly post nerf. Finding a well geared BLU however was practically impossible. Almost as hard as finding the mythical archery samurai for the bee
[+]
By Draylo 2022-07-15 17:54:54
Link | Citer | R

I loved the Delve days, I had so much fun on my BLU
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2022-07-15 20:12:04
Link | Citer | R

That's the thing, it didn't take a ton of resources to make a mnk that could perform "well enough" for delve (some manibozo, emp body, etc...), particularly post nerf. Finding a well geared BLU however was practically impossible. Almost as hard as finding the mythical archery samurai for the bee

Fastest relic I've ever made.
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2022-07-15 20:40:23
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I loved the Delve days, I had so much fun on my BLU

I miss the CDC era. Though during that I realized that Expacion was actually really strong (prior to the WS buff).
[+]
By Draylo 2022-07-15 20:43:07
Link | Citer | R

back then we had so many different playstyles and options. Enfeebles, stuns, different dmg spells actually could be helpful back then. Now its simply ws spam and maybe sometimes stun or def down. Seeing the new AF3 upgrades doesn't have me too hopeful that there will be unique stats...
[+]
By Nariont 2022-07-15 20:53:59
Link | Citer | R

ah the days you could make the argument that CA sinker drill was worth the delay + tp drop, or heavy strike(if you could land it reliably) good times
[+]
By Aerix 2022-07-15 22:08:48
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, would be nice if SE nerfed the WS meta somewhat and made all types of offensive spells more competitive again.

Would also bring white damage builds more to the front, I'd imagine.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-07-15 22:14:58
Link | Citer | R

It'd make phys spells, pet damage and white dmg more of a consideration, WS dmg increase felt like one of the bigger mistakes long term considering the gear creep that followed. But I figure if they do anything theyll just buff all of those in some fashion.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-07-15 23:50:40
Link | Citer | R

OFFTOPIC

we need more items like SRODA ring, that allows people to be in par with Multi box'rs with trusts items that enhances your character by the amount of trusts u have, i imagine something like evasion Accuracy DMTII % based stuff like that would be nice for solo purposes, Not boxing.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Sroda_Ring
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-07-16 01:05:05
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
the FOMO basically disappears when you stop giving a ***about FOMO. I did it a while ago and I swear it hasn't bothered me since (plus its summertime, so missing out on keeping up is expected).
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
"Falling behind" on gear and progress just seems like such an archaic thought to me at this point in the game's life. I don't even feel the need to max out MLs right now, because it will always be around. I fear more the opposite: finishing content too quickly and then being annoyed at no new content for a whole year. But I do get the frustration with them adding yet another daily event that's purpose is solely to waste more of your time.
Ruaumoko said: »
It's another 6 player event which will force optimization.
It's yet another *** daily event that you need to keep up with out of FOMO.

Yeah... nah, get *** SE.
Totally agree with all of this, so gonna 2nd Rua here on SE can get *** with their *** obsession for 20 hour FOMO lockouts in every new endgame event. NO ONE likes the 20 hour lockout for these events, not even the Japanese player base that they mainly cater too. So what is SE's mental malfunction with this? Ambuscade has the overall best entry and reward system of basically all the modern day endgame content in FFXI.

Omen and Dyna D did a pretty good job with it as well. Odyssey obviously not so much as most people on here and a lot of the JP players seem to agree. Not sure why they think copy-pasting the Ody system to this was a good idea? As said earlier they may as well of just added Empy +2/3 to Ody instead of doing the copy-paste to this event and wasting everyone's time even more and yet ANOTHER 20 hour lockout event.

Definitely gonna also 2nd the not giving a ***about FOMO at this point in FFXI. Aside from the 75 era, I've had to do all the content for this game released since 2009 to 2017 when it was old and outdated to catch up. Except for like Omen, Dyna D, Ody and the newer HTMB like Lilith. Pretty sure that's all the new endgame content since 2017. So the FOMO issue was like totally irrelevant to me the vast majority of time I've played this game.

With how slow SE trickles out new content at this point, I'm also not sure what the reason behind FOMO is at this point in the game's life? Yeah someone will prolly get the better gear before you. But again with slow trickle content, why does it really matter how quick you get the new gear? Especially if the next new content you may need that gear for isn't released for another 1 or 2 years later? Would much rather take my time with it than rush and have nothing else to do on XI. Not saying don't ever get the new gear btw, referring to the issue with rushing to get it ASAP.
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-07-16 01:32:38
Link | Citer | R

English translation sucks.

Anyone know the name of the new battle content? English auto translate calls it "Sorty".

https://gyazo.com/69b7c258c4153d6c1c526a6bfa93de75
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-16 05:28:51
Link | Citer | R

It is called "Sortie"

Quote:
A sortie is a deployment or dispatch of one military unit, be it an aircraft, ship, or troops, from a strongpoint. The term originated in siege warfare.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-07-16 06:28:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
siege warfare

this kind of backs up the theory suggested in ashita channel, that it's going to be alluvion skirmish 3 (it's also in outer rakaznar u, and they skipped the third alluvion before..)

i sure hope not
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-16 06:30:42
Link | Citer | R

I mean honestly, what's the difference.

You enter the zone, and you kill stuff. it doesn't matter if it's "like skirmish" or "like odyssey" or "like omen" or "like dynamis" or "like incursion" or "like delve"

it's entering and killing trash with a boss type thing at the end. like everything else. (like every event in every game...)
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-07-16 06:34:30
Link | Citer | R

difference is scale, alluvion skirmish was pretty basic and essentially the same run every time

omen and dynamis(af+3 and relic+3) both had unique r/ex equipment, new synth mats and recipes, and a variety of different paths/bosses, so one would hope that emp+3 content incorporates some of those elements and we get a bit more than the emp armor itself
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-07-16 06:41:12
Link | Citer | R

They talked about new accessories to go with the armor upgrades but since they haven't mentioned them whatsoever in any of this release preview info I'm beginning to doubt that we'll be getting them at the same time.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-16 06:43:11
Link | Citer | R

I guess thats fair, skirmish doesn't have "extra stuff" only skirmish and skirmish stones.

Relatively safe bet "sortie" will have said "extra stuff" you can see how poor skirmish engagement is due to lack of extra stuff. Hope they notice that simple knowledge.

There will be a new douchey winged body for people to drool over with .01% drop rate, certainly. and (possibly not right at the start) something augmentable that you have to keep going for RP on.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-07-16 09:34:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I guess thats fair, skirmish doesn't have "extra stuff" only skirmish and skirmish stones.

Relatively safe bet "sortie" will have said "extra stuff" you can see how poor skirmish engagement is due to lack of extra stuff. Hope they notice that simple knowledge.

There will be a new douchey winged body for people to drool over with .01% drop rate, certainly. and (possibly not right at the start) something augmentable that you have to keep going for RP on.

Honestly I kinda hope they realize how excessively time-consuming Odyssey is and go a bit easier on us with Sortie. Make it more like Omen where most drops are guaranteed 1-2 of x with separate material farm to reforge (but less awful than cards).
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-16 09:51:57
Link | Citer | R

Time consuming, gotcha, fomo, repeat every day for a year, is exactly what they want.

Expect it.
The buzzword is engagement. That's all they care about. Do you go and keep going. They will do any and every thing to make that happen.
[+]
By Taint 2022-07-16 10:05:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Requiescat was figured out during VW and was 100% known at the time by any linkshell competent enough to do serious attempts at Delve clears. Monks were used because their white damage was better than Req's WS damage, Monk's HP was very useful for surviving the NMs, and they could be used to kill Matamata with just 1 Monk while the rest of the alliance killed other NMs (whereas Requiescat gets crippled by the 99999 damage cap on him).

This ^

MNKs HP was a huge factor in the first Tojil wins.

Once people had the clear and Oatixur it got considerably faster and easier.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-16 20:45:41
Link | Citer | R

They talked about new accessories to go with the armor upgrades but since they haven't mentioned them whatsoever in any of this release preview info I'm beginning to doubt that we'll be getting them at the same time.

I have put off upgrading several accessories because it feels likely that if these are coming soon, they might overshadow acc/m.acc pieces with js potency. Fingers crossed we get some good macro pieces at least.
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-07-16 22:11:54
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Time consuming, gotcha, fomo, repeat every day for a year, is exactly what they want.

Expect it.
The buzzword is engagement. That's all they care about. Do you go and keep going. They will do any and every thing to make that happen.

Yeah, its clear engagement is ffxi, always been like that, but before it had some legitimacy in engagement with the "new" world of ffxi. That is also how mmo's work (at that time), subscription, keep it going.

Now its more commercial and we feel that. However, thank god we aren't pay to win or whatever its called, whales etc.

Really I have just one question: What is FOMO? Flavor of the Month O?
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-07-16 22:23:52
Link | Citer | R

Fear Of Missing Out
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-07-17 09:32:16
Link | Citer | R

In hindsight it's kinda funny we ever complained about MNK being weak when it was a top job for Abyssea and Delve. Even when it did feel a bit neglected and left behind it had still had more periods in the limelight than DRG.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-17 09:34:08
Link | Citer | R

It was really bad (outside of chi cannon) for the first decade, so

Ranps burns and the whole relic knuckles thing get honorable mentions, but being good at meripo really doesn't equate to anything.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 301 302 303 ... 454 455 456