Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One
Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 98 99 100
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-09 00:34:17
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Also, you don't even need a bumpstock to bump fire. You just need a pair of jeans and a thumb.
And lots of beer and nothing going on upstairs.
By Nausi 2017-10-09 00:37:23
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
So, watching Hickok45 videos, the comments section is full of "NRA sold us out!" "Don't renew NRA membership, buy a bumpstock instead, while you can!" and the like.

Can anyone explain this to me? Why do people act like they NEED bumpstocks? Why do they act like the NRA sold them out?

These gun nuts are making the rest of us look bad.

The literal point of the second amendment is to have an armed citizenry that is capable of overthrowing a tyrannical government.
What about zombies?

Anyway, that doesn't really answer the question. Also, you don't even need a bumpstock to bump fire. You just need a pair of jeans and a thumb.
Would a bump stock ban make it easier or harder to overthrow a tyrannical government?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-09 00:37:32
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Removing humanity is the only way to stop gun violence.
I told you fonewear wouldn't like it.
Seriously answer this time:

Sure, you can remove humans and get rid of gun (and pretty much all human-related) deaths, but that still doesn't solve the problem.

Usually, when people talk about the issues arising with guns, they generally speak within the framework of surviving with the solution....

What sort of law/regulation/anything can we do to completely stop mass murder? Guns or whatnot?
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-09 00:40:14
Link | Citer | R

I get the feeling there's a large portion of the right who are paranoid as ***that a civil war is going to break out where civilians are fighting off the government. I mean, Trump got elected so anything is possible but they seem about the same as the people who think the zombie ***is going to happen, think aliens ("nanu-nanu" not "buenas días") are going to invade earth, and regularly hunt for Bigfoot.

It seems like paranoia and after this we are starting to see just who really is THAT crazy.

Bump Stock
Binds when picked up
Level required: mentally 5 years old
Attack speed + 20
Accuracy - 150
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-09 00:42:59
Link | Citer | R

So, watching Hickok45 videos, the comments section is full of "NRA sold us out!" "Don't renew NRA membership, buy a bumpstock instead, while you can!" and the like.

Can anyone explain this to me? Why do people act like they NEED bumpstocks? Why do they act like the NRA sold them out?

These gun nuts are making the rest of us look bad.

The literal point of the second amendment is to have an armed citizenry that is capable of overthrowing a tyrannical government.
What about zombies?

Anyway, that doesn't really answer the question. Also, you don't even need a bumpstock to bump fire. You just need a pair of jeans and a thumb.
Would a bump stock ban make it easier or harder to overthrow a tyrannical government?
It wouldn't make any difference, it's a novelty piece.

Like a Desert Eagle or a Mateba auto-revolver. You don't take it into battle, it's a range toy.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-09 00:44:19
Link | Citer | R

Let's stop and step back a little bit.

Are we really in danger of having a tyrannical government in the US...ever?

I mean, the closest we have (in recent memory, not ancient or Chanti-old memory) ever had to come even close to a tyrannical government is during the Obama Administration. But there were sooooo many layers of protection that prevented such government from being instituted.

You would have to have Obama, then Obama v2 (which would have been Hillary), then Obama v3 (which probably would have been Chelsea), then Obama v4-9 to occur before they changed the government enough to have a tyrannical government in place, and even then, you would have had to have at least 3, maybe 4 Congresses in supermajority in the liberals/democrats to do that too. Along with 5+ liberal judges, and even then, they would have had to break down the layers of protection the founding fathers placed one by one each term....

It's not going to happen.

I really don't think you should make that argument, as we are more in danger of being taken over by Canada than for the US government to become tyrannical. I mean, it's still highly inept at what it does, being run by idiots all day. Pure evil is much smarter than the federal government!
By Nausi 2017-10-09 00:44:21
Link | Citer | R

I get the feeling there's a large portion of the right who are paranoid as ***that a civil war is going to break out where civilians are fighting off the government. I mean, Trump got elected so anything is possible but they seem about the same as the people who think the zombie ***is going to happen, think aliens ("nanu-nanu" not "buenas días") are going to invade earth, and regularly hunt for Bigfoot.

It seems like paranoia and after this we are starting to see just who really is THAT crazy.

Bump Stock
Binds when picked up
Attack speed + 20
Accuracy - 150
(give and inch, take a mile)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-09 00:47:29
Link | Citer | R

think aliens ("nanu-nanu" not "buenas días") are going to invade earth
I think the people who speak by clicking their tongues are a bigger threat to society than those across the border (south OR north).

As for aliens, well, if they are able to travel through space well past the speed of light, what chance do we really have against them anyway? I just hope they are hot catchicks, not the butt-ugly aliens who look like they came from Kansas or something like that.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-09 00:49:03
Link | Citer | R

Bump Stock
Binds when picked up
Attack speed + 20
Accuracy - 150
(give and inch, take a mile)
I keep seeing this cop out. It's called picking your battles. It's why you don't fight with your wife on EVERY little thing. You fight about ***that matters.

They want to take bump stocks? Let em. They want to take away the right to own a pistol? HEAVEN OR HELL! ROUND ONE! LET'S ROCK!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-09 00:50:05
Link | Citer | R

Don't get me wrong. I will never want to get rid of the 2nd Amendment (mainly because if we allow anyone to take a single right away from us, no matter what it is, it will never satisfy them until they take away all rights).

I just don't buy into the "gotta protect myself from the nasty government and/or zombies" rhetoric.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-09 00:53:34
Link | Citer | R

I'm not even sure why the right is worried with a tyrannical government. Their guy is in right now. Even if Trump is impeached or resigns, though I doubt he will at this point, someone on the right will STILL be in.

I kinda doubt our army will come home to disarm their families even if ordered to. If the police were ordered to disarm everyone in the US it'd be a suicide mission to try. There are too many guns out there...and god dammit I need more revolvers.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-09 00:54:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Don't get me wrong. I will never want to get rid of the 2nd Amendment (mainly because if we allow anyone to take a single right away from us, no matter what it is, it will never satisfy them until they take away all rights).

I just don't buy into the "gotta protect myself from the nasty government and/or zombies" rhetoric.
I agree with you on this 100%.

There are times to compromise.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-09 01:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Prohibition of alcohol created criminals out of normal, decent people. Abolishing the 2nd amendment and banning guns would do the same.
By fonewear 2017-10-09 07:14:01
Link | Citer | R

Bump Stock
Binds when picked up
Attack speed + 20
Accuracy - 150
I'm not paranoid you are paranoid !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-09 07:39:28
Link | Citer | R

No amount of bump stocks or gun laws are going to change the mentality of crazy people. It's a knee jerk reaction to a problem. A real long term solution is to reform mental health laws. Not use prisons as a way of treating mentally ill people. That is a start to help the problem. But that would make too much sense. Instead guns are bad ! Yay guns are bay yay !
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-09 07:51:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Let's stop and step back a little bit.

Are we really in danger of having a tyrannical government in the US...ever?

I mean, the closest we have (in recent memory, not ancient or Chanti-old memory) ever had to come even close to a tyrannical government is during the Obama Administration. But there were sooooo many layers of protection that prevented such government from being instituted.

You would have to have Obama, then Obama v2 (which would have been Hillary), then Obama v3 (which probably would have been Chelsea), then Obama v4-9 to occur before they changed the government enough to have a tyrannical government in place, and even then, you would have had to have at least 3, maybe 4 Congresses in supermajority in the liberals/democrats to do that too. Along with 5+ liberal judges, and even then, they would have had to break down the layers of protection the founding fathers placed one by one each term....

It's not going to happen.

I really don't think you should make that argument, as we are more in danger of being taken over by Canada than for the US government to become tyrannical. I mean, it's still highly inept at what it does, being run by idiots all day. Pure evil is much smarter than the federal government!

We already have a tyrannical government, political leaders are more focused on fighting each other then properly suppressing the masses. Civil Asset Forfeiture enables them to take anything they want without due process because while you have constitutionally protected rights, your property doesn't have those same rights. Yes that was the logic used, and it worked. We already have secret courts, secret lists and government manipulation of the justice system. They are one congress away from bad ***happening. The President is largely a figurehead, the vast majority of power is in congress. They don't need to put you in jail to punish non-compliance, they merely need to *** your life up badly enough to make you want to comply out of fear. "Do as we say or we'll put you on this list of non-compliers that guaranty no employer will ever hire you". ***like that.

Civil war in the USA is like World War III, it's such a scary nightmarish scenario that it won't happen precisely because everyone is frightened of the outcome. The 2nd Amendment is both a tripwire and a last resort, it's designed to ensure the civilian population can defend itself and have a better then good shot at removing an oppressive government. Government entities attempting to remove or nullify the 2nd Amendment is a signal that they intend to become oppressive. So much like Nuclear Weapons, it's far more scary as a concept rather then in reality.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-10-09 08:46:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
We already have a tyrannical government

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-09 09:02:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Civil Asset Forfeiture enables them to take anything they want without due process because while you have constitutionally protected rights, your property doesn't have those same rights.
Which is used mainly to battle illegal activities (mostly). Yes, it is subject to abuse, and yes, innocent people get caught up all the time, but it's not used in a tyrannical sense. You need to prove that the government is using this legal tactic in a tyrannical sense before you can prove that the government is being tyrannical period.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-09 09:37:22
Link | Citer | R

If that's what you believe Josi....
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-10-09 10:55:48
Link | Citer | R

HEAVEN OR HELL! ROUND ONE! LET'S ROCK!

You play as Bridget, don't you?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-09 11:14:33
Link | Citer | R

Could this be the end of Trump ? According to the latest USA Today poll 99% of Americans say yes. Please note this is not a scientific poll it is just for novelty purposes only.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-09 11:23:18
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Could this be the end of Trump ? According to the latest USA Today poll 99% of Americans say yes. Please note this is not a scientific poll it is just for novelty purposes only.

Allegory
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-09 11:36:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
HEAVEN OR HELL! ROUND ONE! LET'S ROCK!

You play as Bridget, don't you?
Never played but...yes, I would.

Or A.B.A. lol
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-09 11:37:31
Link | Citer | R

Indeed, like bump stocks or giant inflatable penises.
By Zerowone 2017-10-09 11:43:40
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
"I respect Vice President Mike Pence's right to protest, but I don't think a football game is the appropriate place for him to flaunt his politics."
---Baratunde Thurston
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-10-09 12:50:52
Link | Citer | R

Could this be the end of Trump ?

thanks to liberal historians we're going to be hearing about the dark days of trump for a lot longer than anyone could have imagined....

if you facts I don't like long enough it becomes fake history
[+]
By Nausi 2017-10-09 12:51:40
Link | Citer | R

Zerowone said: »

Quote:
"I respect Vice President Mike Pence's right to protest, but I don't think a football game is the appropriate place for him to flaunt his politics."
---Baratunde Thurston

According to this liberal, flaunting politics at football games is only allowed for liberals. When Pence does it, it's a publicity stunt.

The left really is this clueless folks. They have been so insulated, for so long, that they just have no grasp on reality. They have no idea what "push back" looks like.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-09 12:56:20
Link | Citer | R

Zerowone said: »

Quote:
---Baratunde Thurston

According to this liberal, flaunting politics at football games is only allowed for liberals. When Pence does it, it's a publicity stunt.

The left really is this clueless folks. They have been so insulated, for so long, that they just have no grasp on reality. They have no idea what "push back" looks like.
I'll help you out, fam.

The point was hypocrisy. You see, Trump is against the kneeling which is a protest. In response, Trump praises Pence for leaving in protest.

Trump has condemned one group for protesting at a football game while praising Pence for protesting at a football game.

You are welcome, sir.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 98 99 100