Rhongomiant Application
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bismarck.Gippali
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-09-21 22:46:39
Link | Citer | R

Excluding mage heavy strats or rng strats, you can rotate any competent DD in.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-09-21 22:51:19
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't bring DRG to Vinipata, Erinys, Onychophora, and, depending on the other melee (i.e. if one is using a Fragmentation WS), Teles.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-09-21 23:03:58
Link | Citer | R

I guess I should have put "to the general playerbase" in Bold and 50 point font....
 Sylph.Cherche
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-09-21 23:06:28
Link | Citer | R

Two anti melee fights and one in which a WAR spamming Resolution is apparently being valued over proper skill chaining.

So, DRG is perfectly fine. Got it.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-09-21 23:08:13
Link | Citer | R

maybe I need to be more clear; the problem is less to do with the job, and more to do with the opinion of the unwashed masses. FFS some salty people today.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-09-21 23:10:21
Link | Citer | R

Implying that hasn't been the issue with most lol<insertjobhere> phases since the games beginning.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-09-21 23:11:27
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Cherche said: »
Two anti melee fights and one in which a WAR spamming Resolution is apparently being valued over proper skill chaining.

Think you're missing the context (also not sure which two of those three are anti-melee- the only one of those three that isn't truly meleed is Erinys)

Quote:
you can pretty much bring any DD to any endgame/HELM content.

Quote:
I think there are pretty clearly a few fights where it would be a poor fit, but those fights also exclude a few other jobs as well.

Blanket statements are stupid
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-09-21 23:16:18
Link | Citer | R

The original context was DRGs placement among melee DPS.

The answer being it's more or less interchangeable, ranging from more than adequate to exceptional depending on fight and party composition.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-09-21 23:49:38
Link | Citer | R

This is stupid. You can bring DRG to any melee endgame fight and be fine. Stop trying to make this into something else. You aren't going to bring it to things were you would be mage or RNG. That's an entirely different strat.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-09-22 00:16:38
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »

Think you're missing the context (also not sure which two of those three are anti-melee- the only one of those three that isn't truly meleed is Erinys)

Quote:
you can pretty much bring any DD to any endgame/HELM content.

Quote:
I think there are pretty clearly a few fights where it would be a poor fit, but those fights also exclude a few other jobs as well.

Blanket statements are stupid

Right...

You knew exactly what fights I was talking about.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-09-22 01:28:15
Link | Citer | R

You (not me) specifically mentioned HELMs, and it's an irredeemable choice for 4/9 and potentially not a great choice on a couple more.

I only said that DRG certainly isn't always interchangeable with other melees, but its conditionality isn't particularly remarkable when comparing it to other DDs. How you can find something disagreeable about that is beyond me.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-22 07:20:20
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't bring DRG to Vinipata, Erinys, Onychophora, and, depending on the other melee (i.e. if one is using a Fragmentation WS), Teles.

• Vini excludes all Piercing Jobs not just DRG.

• Onych has a gimmick which also excludes other jobs almost equally, still quite debatable brining DRG there.

• Erinys Debatable but its safely exclusive to THFs an DNCs (due to speed).

Claiming that DRG is irrelevant in endgame (according to them) is a fundamentally flawed logic, its almost as flawed as to Rho not being a solid weapon to strive for.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-09-22 08:45:35
Link | Citer | R

DRG is fine, you can use it on most fights and parse okey but if i had to choose btw the best DRG across all servers or ejiins sam-war or primex's war-drk-rng i'd pick any of the latter because even if the drg had the best gear, those 2 will still do much better with said jobs.

Topic OP: imo Trishula > mythic > empy > relic but im a little biased since i like mythics, i'd rank it first but trishula's umbra gimmick is just too good to pass.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-22 08:59:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
but if i had to choose btw the best DRG across all servers or ejiins sam-war or primex's war-drk-rng i'd pick any of the latter because even if the drg had the best gear, those 2 will still do much better with said jobs.

#Strawman_arguments

[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-09-22 09:35:57
Link | Citer | R

Topic OP: imo Trishula > mythic > empy > relic but im a little biased since i like mythics, i'd rank it first but trishula's umbra gimmick is just too good to pass.

your opinion does not change facts however, Mythic polearm is last in the RMEA set because multi hit in not so useful for a job that already WSs faster than all other 2 hander jobs. Empy and Aeonic are somewhat even mostly depending on the content followed not to far by Relic then mythic somewhere after that.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-09-22 09:55:54
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Katriina said: »

• Vini excludes all Piercing Jobs not just DRG.

• Onych has a gimmick which also excludes other jobs almost equally, still quite debatable brining DRG there.

• Erinys Debatable but its safely exclusive to THFs an DNCs (due to speed).

Claiming that DRG is irrelevant in endgame (according to them) is a fundamentally flawed logic, its almost as flawed as to Rho not being a solid weapon to strive for.

Kyte said:

Kyte said:
I only said that DRG certainly isn't always interchangeable with other melees, but its conditionality isn't particularly remarkable when comparing it to other DDs.

It's almost like, without going into the details since they're common knowledge, that's exactly what I already said. I made one statement that was meant to be in support of the job (that I do play, lol) and you all act like I said your kid's ugly.

As far as Rhongo goes, it sounds like too many are just regurgitating what they've seen on a spreadsheet while ignoring the fact that they have been shown to overvalue Empyreans. I would value Ryunohige over Rhongo (with Trish being the default go-to) just based on the fact that it makes a Fusion WS competitive with other options, which is an often useful thing for cooperative play.
 Odin.Umopepisdn
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Umopepisdn 2017-09-22 11:03:38
Link | Citer | R

Can you bring DRG and still kill things and have fun?

Absolutely, but in those melee zergs it's a bit naive to posture that it isnt the weakest of the 2H jobs (including Lionheart RUN). I've taken it to them all, and like many said you do so because its your favorite job or you enjoy playing it, not because you expect to win the parse
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-09-22 11:18:00
Link | Citer | R

but if i had to choose btw the best DRG across all servers or ejiins sam-war or primex's war-drk-rng i'd pick any of the latter because even if the drg had the best gear, those 2 will still do much better with said jobs.

#Strawman_arguments

Hey outside of all the salty/"smart" comments you trying to put up without success, im just stating facts here, those 2 guys play said jobs to the max with the best gear, no amount of aftermath on your rhongo will change that now and ever sorry.

@Eightball : Well mythic has been always a weapon i liked, there are poor examples of mythic owners in ragna so i cant compare really but on 1 side you got rhongo with 40ish more dmg and aftermath and on the other side you got ryu with multi-hit aftermath, considering you gonna spam stardiver if you not skillchaining, i dont see rhongo pulling (if any) ahead of ryu if you take into consideration ryu am3 will boost stardiver big time.
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-09-22 12:29:08
Link | Citer | R

@Eightball : Well mythic has been always a weapon i liked, there are poor examples of mythic owners in ragna so i cant compare really but on 1 side you got rhongo with 40ish more dmg and aftermath and on the other side you got ryu with multi-hit aftermath, considering you gonna spam stardiver if you not skillchaining, i dont see rhongo pulling (if any) ahead of ryu if you take into consideration ryu am3 will boost stardiver big time.

opinions and feelings still don't change facts
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-09-22 14:13:37
Link | Citer | R

no amount of aftermath on your rhongo will change that now and ever sorry.
Neither will Ryuno's, given how lack luster it is in the current state of the game. What's your point?
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-22 15:25:19
Link | Citer | R

Neither will Ryuno's, given how lack luster it is in the current state of the game. What's your point?

Absolutely No point there whatsoever except telling us He/She/They/Them/Xer/Hir loves Ejiin and Primex!

The Argument is as lack luster as Ryuno.

Putting Rho, and Trish to test in field and on spreadsheets, in capped situations (pDif mostly) Rho wins on both, if solo DPS fully buffed Trish wins, if Stardiver Spam in Zerg scenarios with meatheads (DDs that spam without order) it pulls ahead of Rho.
in Low buffs situation Rho leads by a lot.

For survivability purposes Rho's 50 VIT is amazing.

Be that as it may, people can speculate all day! the moment they go and make an empy they will change their minds.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-22 15:31:58
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, they get off Drg and go play a real DD job @ Salty!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-09-22 15:34:37
Link | Citer | R

THIS THREAD IS NOW THE OFFICIAL DRAGOON JUMPOSTING EMPORIUM.

YouTube Video Placeholder

[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-09-22 16:00:31
Link | Citer | R

Absolutely No point there whatsoever except telling us He/She/They/Them/Xer/Hir loves Ejiin and Primex!

Putting Rho, and Trish to test in field and on spreadsheets, in capped situations (pDif mostly) Rho wins on both, if solo DPS fully buffed Trish wins, if Stardiver Spam in Zerg scenarios with meatheads (DDs that spam without order) it pulls ahead of Rho.

Be that as it may, people can speculate all day! the moment they go and make an empy they will change their minds.
The spreadsheets don't take into consideration a lot of things and over estimate both empyrean and mythics.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-22 16:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Thats why i mentioned on spreadsheets and in field
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-09-22 16:17:41
Link | Citer | R

too many uncontrollable variables in "in field"
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-22 16:19:40
Link | Citer | R

Working as intended. Full buff no stress from Fight = boring game.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-22 16:26:32
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
too many uncontrollable variables in "in field"

Exactly! So whats your point?

If Empy wins with too many variables "in field" (Capped pDif) and wins on Spreadsheets.. whats you're issue? be specific ...
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-09-22 16:28:29
Link | Citer | R

you're not worth the hassle to explain it to.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-09-22 16:34:12
Link | Citer | R

My point is DRG is pretty lack luster overall so all the help you can get from weapon diversity should be welcome period, there's at least 7 other DDs that pull ahead endgame easy.

Yea i love them, you win son.