Tachi: Jinpu Set

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Tachi: Jinpu Set
Tachi: Jinpu Set
Offline
Posts: 5
By Sazujii 2017-08-21 12:34:01
Link | Citer | R
 
Good afternoon, all. I am looking for some advice regarding an up-to-date Tachi: Jinpu set. I have done some searching online, but cannot seem to locate anything recent or remotely accurate, so I am hoping someone running a set currently can help out.

I am a Masamune [AG] SAM. Thank you in advance.
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6919
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-21 12:45:51
Link | Citer | R
 
Step #1 Get Dojin

Step #2 Look at primary SAM thread on the discussions on Jinpu along with posted sets and required buffs.
Offline
Posts: 5
By Sazujii 2017-08-21 12:56:21
Link | Citer | R
 
Asura.Saevel said: »
Step #1 Get Dojin

Absolutely not, but thank you for the input.

Asura.Saevel said: »
Step #1 Get Dojin

Step #2 Look at primary SAM thread on the discussions on Jinpu along with posted sets and required buffs.

Thank you. I'll sift through the thread a bit more and see what I can find.
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6919
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-21 13:03:35
Link | Citer | R
 
Sazujii said: »
Absolutely not, but thank you for the input.

If your going to Jinpu Spam your gonna want / need it.

TP Bonus on Jinpu's magic component is 0.5 / 1.5 / 2.5. TP Bonus +500 is a huge increase and STR has a small impact.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 5204
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-21 13:05:30
Link | Citer | R
 
You don't need Doji by any means. Sure it may help a lot, but not needed at all, especially for soloing. I have Umaru with mediocre augments but have good gear elsewhere. I'm still able to pump out 45-60k jinpus with Sylvie + qultada trusts on APEX Crabs. From what I gathered from the main SAM thread, you should be gearing for WSD heavily, and sprinkle in MAB/STR in the spots you cant' get that. I could be off on a few pieces, since I only use it for Apex Soloing. The skillchain is Ageha > Jinpu (forever). I swap between Qultada (for his rolls chaos + fighters) and then use shantotto II for her nukes. Fighter's roll greatly makes this WS unbelievably powerful (I have 2 stepped an Apex Crab from full once). Here's what I use:

Main: Umaru
Sub: Utu Grip
Ammo: Knobkierrie
Head: Valorous Mask (wsd+8 augment, dark matter)
Neck: Fotia
Ear 1/2: Friomisi/Moonshade (I'm sure could put Ishvara if don't have moonshade)
Body: Founder's Breastplate (maxed augs)
Hands: Founder's Gauntlets (maxed augs)
Ring1/2: Regal Ring/Niqmaddu
Back: Smiertos' Cape (STR+30 WSD+10 ACC/ATT)
Waist: Fotia
Legs: Wakido Haidate +3
Feet: Founder's Leggings (maxed augs)
[+]
Offline
Posts: 5
By Sazujii 2017-08-21 13:06:29
Link | Citer | R
 
Asura.Saevel said: »
Sazujii said: »
Absolutely not, but thank you for the input.

If your going to Jinpu Spam your gonna want / need it.

TP Bonus on Jinpu's magic component is 0.5 / 1.5 / 2.5. TP Bonus +500 is a huge increase and STR has a small impact.

I don't necessarily disagree; I understand the reason behind it and the mechanics. However, considering I am only looking for a Jinpu set for the occasional CP party, it is nowhere near worth my time or effort to get Dojin. I won't use it past that point, and Masa will do just fine as a substitute.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 5204
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-21 13:08:54
Link | Citer | R
 
In that case you are going to see great numbers with Masa. Your GKT is better than mine by far, so you should do fine.
Offline
Posts: 5
By Sazujii 2017-08-21 13:15:27
Link | Citer | R
 
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You don't need Doji by any means. Sure it may help a lot, but not needed at all, especially for soloing. I have Umaru with mediocre augments but have good gear elsewhere. I'm still able to pump out 45-60k jinpus with Sylvie + qultada trusts on APEX Crabs. From what I gathered from the main SAM thread, you should be gearing for WSD heavily, and sprinkle in MAB/STR in the spots you cant' get that. I could be off on a few pieces, since I only use it for Apex Soloing. The skillchain is Ageha > Jinpu (forever). I swap between Qultada (for his rolls chaos + fighters) and then use shantotto II for her nukes. Fighter's roll greatly makes this WS unbelievably powerful (I have 2 stepped an Apex Crab from full once). Here's what I use:

Main: Umaru
Sub: Utu Grip
Ammo: Knobkierrie
Head: Valorous Mask (wsd+8 augment, dark matter)
Neck: Fotia
Ear 1/2: Friomisi/Moonshade (I'm sure could put Ishvara if don't have moonshade)
Body: Founder's Breastplate (maxed augs)
Hands: Founder's Gauntlets (maxed augs)
Ring1/2: Regal Ring/Niqmaddu
Back: Smiertos' Cape (STR+30 WSD+10 ACC/ATT)
Waist: Fotia
Legs: Wakido Haidate +3
Feet: Founder's Leggings (maxed augs)

I missed this post between posts. Thank you for compiling this for me. Gives me a reason to do SR for SAM, at least.
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6919
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-21 13:17:20
Link | Citer | R
 
If your not getting Dojin then get a +MAB or a +WSD augmented GKT, Masa is comparatively weak for Jinpu due to how Jinpu works. Bad *** for Fudo spam, not very good for Hybrid WS spam. You would be better off spamming Fudo or doing a 3~4 step SC.

Jinpu works like this

PDMG = Hit1 + Hit2 + HitX

Final Damage = ((PDMG + (PDMG * fTP))+MDMG) x mRatio x Weather x WSD x SDT

mRatio is just (MAB+100 / MDB+100)

So Jinpu needs a combination of TP Bonus, WSD, MAB, Multi-Attack and Weather to get damage higher then Fudo's. It's WSC is only 30% STR which is rather low, 50 STR from Masa only adds +15 BDMG to it.

Because of how random multi-attacks can be, you can get a large spike in damage if you over-TPed in your previous round and proced a MA on the WS. For consistently high damage you want to be at 2~3K total TP along with having capped attack ratio.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 5204
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-21 13:40:31
Link | Citer | R
 
I don't know about building a gkt just for jinpu but doji is the best for it in sure. Aside from having one, you could pump it decent numbers even with norifusa+1 (I've done it). Just need the proper buffs. I had entrusted frailty and fighters so that certainly accounts for the spike numbers. If you have malaise it's definitely more potent for a cp party
Offline
Posts: 5
By Sazujii 2017-08-21 13:46:31
Link | Citer | R
 
I'll take a look at the augments on other GK and probably grab one of those. Like I said, Doji just is not worth it for the occasional Jinpu spam when, if you ask me, I should be Fudo spamming anyway. But, some CP parties are stuck in their ways.

Is there any reason to prioritize INT over STR, given the low STR modifier but powerful MAB modifier?
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6919
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-21 13:59:19
Link | Citer | R
 
Sazujii said: »
Like I said, Doji just is not worth it for the occasional Jinpu spam when, if you ask me, I should be Fudo spamming anyway.

If you have a Masa and access to physical buffs then it will probably do better then Jinpu spam with Masa. Fudo -> Kasha -> Shoha -> Fudo should kill any apex mob, if it doesn't then do Shoha -> Fudo -> Kasha -> Shoha -> Fudo.

Sazujii said: »
Is there any reason to prioritize INT over STR, given the low STR modifier but powerful MAB modifier?

INT has nothing to do with MAB, at all, ever. Magic spells use dINT as a bonus to their base magic damage, weapon skills use a different set of rules and hybrid WS's are at the very extreme end of those. INT +999 will do 0 for Jinpu.

BDMG = (WDMG + fSTR + WSC)
PDMG = (BDMG * pDiff)

Then the total PDMG for each hit (Jinpu normally has two) is added together and acts as the base for the magic component. The Base is multiplied by the fTP value, which is then added base to the physical before the whole thing is multiplied by mRatio, weather, WSD and SDT.

You can get the weather belt and make sure your healer is putting windstorm on you.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 5204
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-21 14:19:23
Link | Citer | R
 
Sazujii said: »
Doji just is not worth it for the occasional Jinpu spam when

Doji can do more than just Jinpu spam, iirc, best multi-step GKT for sam.
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6919
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-21 14:21:54
Link | Citer | R
 
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Sazujii said: »
Doji just is not worth it for the occasional Jinpu spam when

Doji can do more than just Jinpu spam, iirc, best multi-step GKT for sam.

For Fudo spam Masa wins, for multi-step SC Doji wins.

But Sephiroth didn't use a Dojin nor did he Multi-Step.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 5204
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-21 15:23:23
Link | Citer | R
 
You've said that like 40 times now. Was funny the first couple of times. You can successfully retire that h joke now bud.

 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Offline
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1001
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-21 15:27:35
Link | Citer | R
 
Didn't Sephiroth multi-step all over the world? Players had to use cars, chocobos and airships but I'm pretty sure the man in black walked the whole way.
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6919
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-21 15:48:22
Link | Citer | R
 
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You've said that like 40 times now. Was funny the first couple of times. You can successfully retire that h joke now bud.

Nope, it's still humorous. Sunk Cost fallacy being what it is and all.