Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 58 59 60
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-19 10:55:07
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I would respect CNN MSNBC etc if they just admitted they hated Trump and want him to be impeached. It would be the first time the told the "truth" ever.

They do that every day. "We hate Trump impeach him nao!!"
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 10:56:46
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
You do realize that 90% of the media is liberal. And will do anything to take down Trump.

This debatable in the capacity of consumption. Sure there are more producers and publishers of liberal media, but conservatives consume the most.

For example. Fox News advertises themselves as not being mainstream media. However, Fox News for the last few years has been #1 in ratings and viewer consumption. Which technically makes them the mainstream media.
They also broadcast on weekends whereas CNN turns on "'Member the 80s?" and MSNBC turns on what appears to be closed circuit footage from a prison.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-19 10:57:01
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
You do realize that 90% of the media is liberal. And will do anything to take down Trump.

This debatable in the capacity of consumption. Sure there are more producers and publishers of liberal media, but conservatives consume the most.

For example. Fox News advertises themselves as not being mainstream media. However, Fox News for the last few years has been #1 in ratings and viewer consumption. Which technically makes them the mainstream media.

The only reason they're #1 is because they have very little competition for their market. If there were a bajillion mainstream conservative news sites like there are for liberal ones, Fox News would be in the same position.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 10:59:55
Link | Citer | R

Let me ask you something. When you guys see an article or report from Fox News or something, does it ever cross your mind that it's being spun to appeal to you? It happens to me all the time. I still read up but I do realize it's to be taken with a grain of salt because it's likely spun to appeal to me.
By fonewear 2017-05-19 10:59:55
Link | Citer | R

I watch CBS and Fox News then I mix in a little Alex Jones. So somewhere in all that *** I get my version of the truth.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-19 11:01:18
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Let me ask you something. When you guys see an article or report from Fox News or something, does it ever cross your mind that it's being spun to appeal to you? It happens to me all the time. I still read up but I do realize it's to be taken with a grain of salt because it's likely spun to appeal to me.

I always read it that way. Then again, I don't look at much from Fox News. The problem now, though, is that I don't trust any news source whatsoever.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-19 11:01:44
Link | Citer | R

Mostly I watch Alex Jones for his crazy rants. I mean come on who doesn't love a crazy rant.
By fonewear 2017-05-19 11:02:19
Link | Citer | R

Plus he sells brain juice...that ***is better than meth !
[+]
By eliroo 2017-05-19 11:02:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I always read it that way. Then again, I don't look at much from Fox News. The problem now, though, is that I don't trust any news source whatsoever.

So what do the people do when they can't trust the news or their government?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-19 11:03:31
Link | Citer | R

I watch CBS and Fox News then I mix in a little Alex Jones. So somewhere in all that *** I get my version of the truth.

Add a pinch of Al Jezzera and Russian Times to spice up that recipe.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 11:05:18
Link | Citer | R

It seems a lot of people I hear from seem to read an article and The Truthâ„¢ and refuse to believe the media could actually be lying. That's one area where Trump is undoubtedly right. They don't call it lying, they'd call it "spinning" because lying is a harsh word. It's all point of view, interpretation, and semantics.
By fonewear 2017-05-19 11:06:15
Link | Citer | R

There is no real news anymore on any network. They hire opinion experts.

They know that most people want to hear opinions based on the news. Not the actual news.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-19 11:06:24
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »

Get into the fetal position, mostly.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-19 11:07:04
Link | Citer | R

That is why when you turn on CNN they have 10 people arguing about Trump and one guy is the token Republican.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 11:07:40
Link | Citer | R

There is no real news anymore on any network. They hire opinion experts.

They know that most people want to hear opinions based on the news. Not the actual news.
I'm not sure if you're joking around but I'd agree.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 11:09:34
Link | Citer | R

The news is a product, the media a business, and just like any other business, they try to make their product appealing so you buy into it. *Shrug*
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-19 11:10:34
Link | Citer | R

The media all of them love this Trump Russia thing. The ratings have never been better. It is a story that won't go away.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 11:15:37
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
Let's get some things strait.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-19 11:18:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Nausi said: »
Let's get some things strait.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 11:20:32
Link | Citer | R

Dumb*
What's dumb is still having the edit feature removed from P&R.

#MakeEditsGreatAgain
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 11:23:38
Link | Citer | R

You had your 8 years your time is over ! It is the era of Trump till he resigns or is impeached. Let us live a little bit Jesus !
Then President Pence.
And the liberals would have brought it on themselves.

Why do you think there was no President Biden?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 11:25:44
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »

Take what is said with a grain of salt until there's something that's actually presented that has a basis of fact.

For example: Bills signed into law are fact. Trump's Twitter feed is a grain.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 11:27:47
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 11:28:38
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 11:29:13
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 11:29:53
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 11:30:28
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, that's 8 posts in a row.

Bite me Kojo.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-05-19 11:41:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
WHAT?! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF TRUMP'S ***!

I also eat salad with a dinner fork some times. Trump stole this from me and gave it to the Russians.

I DEMAND A SECOND SCOOP OF ICE CREAM IMPEACHMENT!

Am I doing politics correctly?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-19 11:45:19
Link | Citer | R

You need more triple posts where in each one you rephrase what you said in the first post.
By fonewear 2017-05-19 11:55:54
Link | Citer | R

I was going to boycott Russia then I remember I enjoyed vodka.
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 58 59 60