Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 58 59 60
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-17 09:58:43
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
What's worse, a government that lies to the people or a media that lies to the people?

Easy question. A government that lies to people is far more devastating than media lying. Though both are equally as bed. I find it hard to believe that multiple media sources would lie about the same thing, though I'm certain it has happened.
Here's the kicker: Anyone who's sane knows that the government, or by extension, politicians, lie to the general public on a daily basis. Hell, it's their job.

But the media has previously been known as the "gateways of truth." Even WP's new motto is "Democracy Dies in Darkness." It's hard to take them for their word when they are the ones who are keeping people in the dark about what is true and what isn't.

And the media has more power than you believe. WP can be attributed as the person who outed Nixon. Remember, this is a man who just previously won the presidential election by over 500 electoral votes and by 49 states. But WP singlehandedly got Nixon to resign, even after that popularity Nixon had at winning.

Which leads me to believe that WP will do anything it takes to get Trump impeached, even if they outright lie on a daily basis to get it done.

Edit: #MakeEditsGreatAgain
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-17 09:59:36
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Which leads me to believe that WP will do anything it takes to get Trump impeached, even if they outright lie on a daily basis to get it done.

And the one thing preventing their credibility from dropping to Weekly World News levels? Confirmation bias.
2 things: Confirmation bias and George Soros's bank account.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-05-17 10:01:59
Link | Citer | R

I understand how much power the media has which is why I agree that both are bad but that the government is more detrimental.

I'm also aware that certain media corporations are sponsored by political parties so they tie in pretty well there. Some media outlets just natural have a strong bias.

I mean what makes you think the Fox news, or breitbart won't do anything to keep Trump in office? How are you sure that they aren't spinning the truth you see?

At the very least with the media we have opposing forces, rather than a government that usually falls in line.
By fonewear 2017-05-17 10:07:42
Link | Citer | R

Media doesn't care about truth or facts. It is all about ratings and making money.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-17 10:08:45
Link | Citer | R

I mean what makes you think the Fox news, or breitbart won't do anything to keep Trump in office? How are you sure that they aren't spinning the truth you see?
Fox News is just as critical as the other media outlets about Trump. Except that they haven't been caught lying about articles time and time again, and also report stories that the liberal media doesn't seem to report because it's not with their agenda.

Ask yourself this: Where is the article about Seth Rich being reported by New York Times? Washington Post? Huffington Post? CNN? MSNBC? That's just the latest example of this obvious dishonesty with the media.

At the very least with the media we have opposing forces, rather than a government that usually falls in line.

Seriously. Have you not been paying attention? This government is more resistance towards Trump than even the media is.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-17 10:09:03
Link | Citer | R

I'll give you Breitbart. When it comes to online articles, however, Fox News is much closer to "fair and balanced" than CNN, WaPo, etc. They have a long-running reputation for being the opposite of balanced (which, yes, they have probably earned), but there has been a gradual change that I think most people haven't noticed.

Then again, any news source that isn't regularly calling for Trump's impeachment is probably seen as far-right to some people....
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-17 10:12:06
Link | Citer | R

Fox News has the sexiest news anchors too so that is why I watch.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-17 10:12:16
Link | Citer | R

Let's see... Got a headline article here:

"Top Republican senator invokes Watergate scandal after Comey memo emerges"

Wait, wait, hold on, go no further, I think I've got this one.

"Let me guess.... John McCain and/or Lindsey Graham."

SURVEY SAYS: JOHN MCCAIN!

Woo! I win again!
#hopegate

Trump isn't allowed to hope ***! He had TWOSCOOPS!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-17 10:15:49
Link | Citer | R

John McCain's daughter is pretty nice and plump though !
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-17 10:16:21
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

Not enough competition there. It's time for me to get my bathrobe and my webcam.

Ravael News: "Fair and Ba- Oh jeez, no, put some clothes on, man!"
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-17 10:18:04
Link | Citer | R

I understand how much power the media has which is why I agree that both are bad but that the government is more detrimental.

I'm also aware that certain media corporations are sponsored by political parties so they tie in pretty well there. Some media outlets just natural have a strong bias.

That's not how the media bubble works.

All media is biased and all media is skewed left. So much so that it is nearly impossible to have a find any without a left wing bias.

Nearly all media jobs are in liberal urban centers. You simply cannot live in the areas that those jobs are located in and not be affected by the collective attitude of the location. Everything is tainted by that bias.
By eliroo 2017-05-17 10:19:50
Link | Citer | R

I'll give you Breitbart. When it comes to online articles, however, Fox News is much closer to "fair and balanced" than CNN, WaPo, etc.

I'm not hugely against Fox news, but I respect that they are owned by people who are expressively right winged. I honestly find CNN to be equal to Fox news, wherein I will typically trust them when they are speaking about things about the opposing party but hardly trust what they say about things for their party. I don't read much WaPo, I know that they have a history of exposing some truths. NYtimes has a bad rap mostly from Trump, but their bias in the election was pretty clear. WSJ has been universally accepted as fair but they started some beef with youtube over a silly controversy so I think some people are losing faith in them too.

I also don't see a lot of news sources calling for his impeachment but most left ones are looking for that Smoking gun.

Keep in mind, I still believe that Clinton would have been the worst option for President compared to Trump. Mostly because she could keep her ***hidden and we would see Trumps ***in the open. Now that Clinton lost though, I personally don't care about her as much as I care about the current state of affairs. I would rather see our Government functioning as the government then deal with Clinton's scandals after. Which is also why I think focusing on Comey is the stupidest misdirection ever. If what we are hearing about his Memos are true, the focus should be on Trump not Comey. Why attack the small guy when there is a much bigger presence to face. Maybe Comey did break the law, but he should be addressed later. Nausi misdirect there showed a clear attempt to protect Trump.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-17 10:27:54
Link | Citer | R

How about that "scuffle" between Erdogan's bodyguards and D.C protesters and police?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-17 10:27:56
Link | Citer | R

If what we are hearing about his Memos are true, the focus should be on Trump not Comey. Why attack the small guy when there is a much bigger presence to face. Maybe Comey did break the law, but he should be addressed later. Nausi misdirect there showed a clear attempt to protect Trump.

Because, again, the burden of proof is on the accuser and not the defendant. Once proof is established, then the focus is on the defendant.

In all of the stuff that Trump is facing, who has provided any proof? Oh yeah, nobody. When there is irrefutable proof for the world to see that Trump actually did something illegal, I'll be there calling for justice. In the meantime, we can't hold Trump accountable for every lie loosely backed up by anonymous sources with zero evidence, because that is exactly what is happening now and nobody is holding the accusers accountable.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-17 10:29:25
Link | Citer | R

Actually, I'm surprised that nobody caught on the fact that Washington Post's "anonymous sources" were never in the room during the alleged meeting that those sources stated that top secret information was being discussed.

And people still want to believe these "sources" over the Secretary of State and a National Security Adviser who states otherwise?
Erickson: People Inside WH Trying to Get Trump's Attention
Fox News Insider.

Quote:
Conservative writer Erick Erickson said he knows one of the sources of leaked information that has been damaging to President Trump.

Erickson said this person is a Trump supporter who is frustrated with the president for not taking prudent advice from his colleagues.

"[This is] not intentional sabotage," Erickson said of recent leaks. "People inside the White House are trying to get Trump's attention." ...

Erick Erickson: Trump’s Russia Leak Is ‘Far Worse’ Than Reported
The conservative pundit says he knows who leaked the news about the president giving confidential intel to Russia.

HuffPo

Quote:
Conservative pundit Erick Erickson is vouching for the reliability of a least one source who revealed to Washington Post reporters that President Donald Trump disclosed “highly classified information” while meeting with Russian officials last week.

Erickson knows one of the sources and supports their decision to go to the media, he wrote Tuesday in a blog post for his website, The Resurgent.

“This is a real problem and I treat this story very seriously because I know just how credible, competent, and serious — as well as seriously pro-Trump, at least one of the sources is,” Erickson wrote....
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-17 10:33:39
Link | Citer | R

Keeping on topic here, Netflix has ordered a fifth season of Arrested Development, for a total of 15 episodes airing in 2018.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-17 10:44:58
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Actually, I'm surprised that nobody caught on the fact that Washington Post's "anonymous sources" were never in the room during the alleged meeting that those sources stated that top secret information was being discussed.

And people still want to believe these "sources" over the Secretary of State and a National Security Adviser who states otherwise?
Erickson: People Inside WH Trying to Get Trump's Attention
Fox News Insider.

Quote:
Conservative writer Erick Erickson said he knows one of the sources of leaked information that has been damaging to President Trump.

Erickson said this person is a Trump supporter who is frustrated with the president for not taking prudent advice from his colleagues.

"[This is] not intentional sabotage," Erickson said of recent leaks. "People inside the White House are trying to get Trump's attention." ...

Erick Erickson: Trump’s Russia Leak Is ‘Far Worse’ Than Reported
The conservative pundit says he knows who leaked the news about the president giving confidential intel to Russia.

HuffPo

Quote:
Conservative pundit Erick Erickson is vouching for the reliability of a least one source who revealed to Washington Post reporters that President Donald Trump disclosed “highly classified information” while meeting with Russian officials last week.

Erickson knows one of the sources and supports their decision to go to the media, he wrote Tuesday in a blog post for his website, The Resurgent.

“This is a real problem and I treat this story very seriously because I know just how credible, competent, and serious — as well as seriously pro-Trump, at least one of the sources is,” Erickson wrote....
Good, now we may get some justice against the leakers.

Congress and/or Trump should demand Erickson to reveal the alleged source so the Justice Department can charge them with felonious revealing of classified information.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-17 10:46:38
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of comedies:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/donald-trump-plagiarises-speech-legally-10438744

Though not as funny as Marco Rubio on Putins offer of transcripts:

Quote:
“I wouldn’t put much credibility on what Putin’s notes are,” Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said on Fox News.

He added: “And if it comes in an email, I wouldn’t click on the attachment.”
By eliroo 2017-05-17 11:17:41
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
How about that "scuffle" between Erdogan's bodyguards and D.C protesters and police?

Has our president made a response? Pretty important.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-17 11:32:46
Link | Citer | R

I saw Kayleigh McEnenay on CNN again the other night. Good to see her back on TV. <3
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-17 11:37:35
Link | Citer | R

Looks like Kojo still likes crazy.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-17 12:27:53
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
I saw Kayleigh McEnenay on CNN again the other night. Good to see her back on TV. <3

Both of you need Telemundo in your life.

Exhibit A: Yanet Garcia

https://mobile.twitter.com/IamYanetGarcia/status/863583369476673536/photo/1
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-17 13:55:17
Link | Citer | R

I'll see your weather girl and raise you this:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSG-g3FMek1mN0AAaxMsFyfcX6NZhUNel8CMdhoyxfGq7dAtfDOcQ
By fonewear 2017-05-17 13:56:15
Link | Citer | R

But you could definetly bounce a quarter off that *** Got Damn!
By fonewear 2017-05-17 13:58:47
Link | Citer | R

That is Jordan Carver by the way not technically a media member but those *** are a national treasure.
By fonewear 2017-05-17 14:00:31
Link | Citer | R

https://www.instagram.com/jocalife/?hl=en

For your viewing pleasure.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-05-17 14:01:26
Link | Citer | R

Let's rope this in lads & ladettes. Getting a bit uh... off topic.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-17 14:02:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dameshi said: »
Let's rope this in lads & ladettes. Getting a bit uh... off topic.

I was just getting to my point though...wait what was the point again ?

Oh Yea Impeach Trump !
[+]
By eliroo 2017-05-17 14:08:14
Link | Citer | R

Is there really a "topic" here?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-17 14:10:00
Link | Citer | R

Is there really a "topic" here?

As long as you mention Trump every so many posts I think we should be okay.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 58 59 60