Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 58 59 60
By fonewear 2017-05-16 18:07:19
Link | Citer | R

This entire thread is a conspiracy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-16 18:07:21
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Lindsey Graham is already calling on Comey to come in and testify, don't tell nausi tho.

Lol. As if anyone cares what that RINO has to say.

Every time someone says "Even Republicans are calling for (insert thing Democrats support here)," I always stop and think, "Let me guess.... John McCain and/or Lindsey Graham."

I've guessed correctly a vast majority of the time.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-16 18:09:00
Link | Citer | R

Can we stop with the fake outrage and get back to Healthcare reform and taxes you know real stuff.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-05-16 18:11:34
Link | Citer | R

I'm not a fan of Graham either, I'm good with referring to him as the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee..on second thought thats too much to type out.
By Nausi 2017-05-16 18:12:41
Link | Citer | R

Besides, liberals didn't think Obama was colluding with Russia when he told the PM "tell vlad i'll have more flexibility after the election", why should we freak out given Trump allegedly telling comey, "Flynn is a good guy. I hope you can let this go".
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-16 19:21:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Its funny because all the Trump WH needs to do is come out and say "Yeah, we may have *** up a bit there, our bad." And the story is gone.
No it won't, and you know it.
Syntax King.

The whitehouse won't of the story won't?

But what happens is a bunch of surrogates give one or several explanations (spins), which the press talks about, and then Trump says something different therefore leading to throw them under the bus stories.

This repeated series of unforced errors keeps the story alive far beyond the instanews cycle, because each explanation and the final toss under the bus is ITS OWN STORY.

Going to agree with Vic here.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-16 19:25:24
Link | Citer | R

Trump allegedly asked Comey to end Flynn investigation

Well, there will be no avoiding Congress now, Comey is gonna have to testify. He declined the Senate invite right after he was fired, but he is gonna have to answer this question.
He refused a closed door session. He wants whatever he testifies to be on the public record.

I can't blame him.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-16 19:28:42
Link | Citer | R

The real question is why you care about this ***so much. I can't even muster the strength to pretend to care.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-16 19:34:14
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
Trump allegedly asked Comey to end Flynn investigation

Well, there will be no avoiding Congress now, Comey is gonna have to testify. He declined the Senate invite right after he was fired, but he is gonna have to answer this question.
My guess is this is why Comey wants this to be a public testimony, so Traitor 45 can do nothing to silence him.
Remember Watergate? Yeah, this clearly is a good sign for Traitor 45. It clearly can't end in his being impeached and removed, and then charged with treason and arrested.
You aren't helping your cause at all when you frame things that way.

Its as bad as when Saevel goes full 4chan.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-16 19:39:08
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
The real question is why you care about this ***so much. I can't even muster the strength to pretend to care.
Its funny Fone. I said I was stocking up on popcorn.

Its funnier than 5 seasons of the Simpsons so far. Well, not any five seasons....

Just pour another beer, grab a bowl of popcorn, and enjoy the show. You don't have to care.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-16 19:43:47
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Its funny Fone. I said I was stocking up on popcorn.

Its funnier than 5 seasons of the Simpsons so far. Well, not any five seasons....

Just pour another beer, grab a bowl of popcorn, and enjoy the show. You don't have to care.

Just like anything you love in life eventually you will resent it...just like I resent newer episodes of the Simpsons.
By Viciouss 2017-05-16 19:45:49
Link | Citer | R

Thats not true fone, I will never turn on the Cubs.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-16 19:46:27
Link | Citer | R

Just wait till they lose for another 108 years !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-16 19:47:22
Link | Citer | R

You can still love things you resent but it is tough.
By fonewear 2017-05-16 19:53:03
Link | Citer | R

I used to think I was crazy...then I came to P n R now I confirmed it.
By Viciouss 2017-05-16 19:57:56
Link | Citer | R

Right now, I will settle for this 462 foot HR Schwarber just hit.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 20:27:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Its funny because all the Trump WH needs to do is come out and say "Yeah, we may have *** up a bit there, our bad." And the story is gone.
No it won't, and you know it.
Syntax King.

The whitehouse won't of the story won't?

But what happens is a bunch of surrogates give one or several explanations (spins), which the press talks about, and then Trump says something different therefore leading to throw them under the bus stories.

This repeated series of unforced errors keeps the story alive far beyond the instanews cycle, because each explanation and the final toss under the bus is ITS OWN STORY.

Going to agree with Vic here.
The "won't" is the media letting it go.

I mean, they continuously are playing their "Clinton lost because RUSSIA!" cards like it's Christmas at the children's shelter. Too bad nobody cares about them afterwards.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 20:29:09
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-16 20:43:03
Link | Citer | R

To put me and my feelings into context.

Remember, I'm a 1944 model. I was raised in the shadow of WWII. It was a great patriotic time. I went to school at the height of the cold war. You know, duck, cover, kiss your *** goodbye. But we believed.

I was there during the '50s. It was truly a golden age. Everything was getting better and we could plainly see it. Longer, lower, wider, bigger tailfins. College enrollment through the roof thanks to the GI bill. Wages increasing faster than inflation. Banking was called the 3 5 3 job. Give 3% interest, loan at 5%, hit the links at 3.

I watched the HUAC hearings, and the checkers speech in living black and white. I read Pogo, I read Mad. But still I believed.

I read Animal Farm, I read 1984, I read The Grapes of Wrath, I saw South Pacific and Carmen Jones. But still I believed.

America was the good guys. We were the shining city on the hill, leading the world from darkness.

And then came Vietnam. No mater what the you think of the politics of the era, it changed everything.

You ALL were raised post Vietnam. Your assumptions are different than mine. My faith in America was ... let's say stressed. But you all were raised without my blind belief.

All this 21st century stuff is like so unbelievable. I watch it amazed.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-05-16 20:51:41
Link | Citer | R

I still long for a simpler 80's times. Although you are older then me, (me being born in 1975) we didn't have all this pc ***. People knew pretty much not to be a ***, no school shootings and we had rifle class where we actually brought our .22 rifles to school on the bus for class! Guess what no one ever got shot, killed or whatever. We used to hunt deer at age 12. It kinda makes you wonder wtf happened to the country and the world as well.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-16 21:03:29
Link | Citer | R

Mainly I grew up away from politics, news, and other major events.

My life revolved around taking over the family business. When the Berlin Wall fell, I was studying AP math/lit for 6th grade level (I was 8 at the time). When OKC got hit, I didn't care, didn't know what terrorism was, just focusing on where I would be after class, would I be at this tutor or that one. By the time I turned 16, I was already concerned with business, even had my first company up and running (self-managed stock funds).

Chanti, your turning point happened with Vietnam. I think my generation's turning point happened with 9/11. All of the sudden, the world isn't safe to us, everyone hates each other, and always, somebody blaming somebody for something.

The fear is real, and it destroyed our country, at least in my eyes. Now you can't go to see the Spurs play without being passed over with a wand or assuming the position in some cases.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-16 23:52:42
Link | Citer | R

Sorry to change topic, but I think that thread about murder is making us look good by comparison....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-17 00:18:45
Link | Citer | R

Can it Raviolis. Don't need the green bars ruining the entertainment and chopping it off at the knees before it hits it's stride.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-05-17 00:33:30
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

lol autocorrect.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-05-17 01:05:33
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Sorry to change topic, but I think that thread about murder is making us look good by comparison....

Who are those people...
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-05-17 03:11:17
Link | Citer | R

You ALL were raised post Vietnam. Your assumptions are different than mine. My faith in America was ... let's say stressed. But you all were raised without my blind belief.

We're raised on 9/11, which is quite frankly the most significant event in American history since WW2.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-17 06:13:30
Link | Citer | R

To put me and my feelings into context.

Remember, I'm a 1944 model. I was raised in the shadow of WWII. It was a great patriotic time. I went to school at the height of the cold war. You know, duck, cover, kiss your *** goodbye. But we believed.

I was there during the '50s. It was truly a golden age. Everything was getting better and we could plainly see it. Longer, lower, wider, bigger tailfins. College enrollment through the roof thanks to the GI bill. Wages increasing faster than inflation. Banking was called the 3 5 3 job. Give 3% interest, loan at 5%, hit the links at 3.

I watched the HUAC hearings, and the checkers speech in living black and white. I read Pogo, I read Mad. But still I believed.

I read Animal Farm, I read 1984, I read The Grapes of Wrath, I saw South Pacific and Carmen Jones. But still I believed.

America was the good guys. We were the shining city on the hill, leading the world from darkness.

And then came Vietnam. No mater what the you think of the politics of the era, it changed everything.

All this 21st century stuff is like so unbelievable. I watch it amazed.

My perspective is growing up in the 90s and while it may not be as golden as the 50s the 90s were a great time to be alive. Good music TV no Facebook so I too remember a simpler time.
By fonewear 2017-05-17 06:16:42
Link | Citer | R

And as crazy as it might sound. I still believe in the American dream. I'm not going to let Trump get me down. You got to get away from the 24/7 negative news cycle. Read a local newspaper see what is going on in your community. Let the jerks in D.C. worry about D.C. Here in real America things are okay....for now at least.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-05-17 07:26:06
Link | Citer | R

Read a local newspaper see what is going on in your community. Let the jerks in D.C. worry about D.C. Here in real America things are okay....for now at least.

I don't think about any of this stuff most of the time. Just fun to debate about it when I'm bored. That being said it can't hurt to question our government. You can stay positive and skeptical of those governing you all in the same notion.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-05-17 07:59:45
Link | Citer | R

Enjoyable back read was enjoyable. Keep up the good work. Also no Rosie playing Steve Bannon, say whaaat? idk. I'm kind of with Fone in the, "Why should I care?" department.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 58 59 60