Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 58 59 60
By fonewear 2017-05-11 14:34:57
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Objectively meaning I view a situation without a bias on the onset.

One can claim that they take care to minimize personal bias, but nobody can claim that they view matters of opinion with zero bias.

Without a bias on the "onset". It isn't impossible. You just figure out what players you have in the game and remove them from thought when tackling a subject matter.

Would "Objectively as possible" be a better statement?

I sell propane and propane accessories !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-11 14:35:05
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Objectively meaning I view a situation without a bias on the onset.

One can claim that they take care to minimize personal bias, but nobody can claim that they view matters of opinion with zero bias.

Without a bias on the "onset". It isn't impossible. You just figure out what players you have in the game and remove them from thought when tackling a subject matter.

Would "Objectively as possible" be a better statement?

It would be a better statement, but hubris is a contributor to bias, not a deterrent....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-11 14:36:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I call ***.

Everyone has bias. It's the degree of bias that differs.

I agree to an extent. You can view a situation without a bias if you wanted just takes some work. I personally take a cold shower, swim around in ice and then drink a piping hot cup of salt water. I then meditate for a few hours and read two differing articles on the subject. I then formulate my opinion on which article writer looked better.
That's a lot of effort going into the "reading between the lines" part.

Me? I open my go-to website for differing opinions and read what they say. Sometimes, I go to other websites, such as this and this.

The goal isn't to read many articles of the same story, the goal is to remove the fluff and get to the message. Sometimes, the fluff is so big (Politico, CNN, ABC, NBC, USA Today, MSN, to name a few) that there is no story, but not always.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-05-11 14:37:21
Link | Citer | R

They weren't being compared outside of public reaction. That's qualifying the statement and not cherry picking.
By eliroo 2017-05-11 14:43:17
Link | Citer | R

I call ***.

I agree to an extent. You can view a situation without a bias if you wanted just takes some work. I personally take a cold shower, swim around in ice and then drink a piping hot cup of salt water. I then meditate for a few hours and read two differing articles on the subject. I then formulate my opinion on which article writer looked better.

Me? I open my go-to website for differing opinions and read what they say. Sometimes, I go to other websites, such as this and this.

The goal isn't to read many articles of the same story, the goal is to remove the fluff and get to the message. Sometimes, the fluff is so big (Politico, CNN, ABC, NBC, USA Today, MSN, to name a few) that there is no story, but not always.

My response was clearly sarcastic. Regardless this is interesting : https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-most-empirically-neutral-objective-nonpartisan-and-unbiased-news-sources-in-the-US

WSJ, The Economist and BBC seem like some of the more trusted sources for news.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-11 14:43:37
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
They weren't being compared outside of public reaction. That's qualifying the statement and not cherry picking.

Even with your qualified statement you're wrong. They're not equivalent. One had clear evidence of a criminal offense, the other doesn't. Public opinion was partially based on an actual set of evidence for one, and is entirely based on circumstantial evidence and media narratives and spin for the other.

Y'all are trying to hard.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-11 14:45:12
Link | Citer | R

too*
By fonewear 2017-05-11 14:46:39
Link | Citer | R

Don't post I already know what you are thinking
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-11 14:48:21
Link | Citer | R

I call ***.

My response was clearly sarcastic. Regardless this is interesting : https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-most-empirically-neutral-objective-nonpartisan-and-unbiased-news-sources-in-the-US

Q: What is the most nonpartisan and unbiased news source in the US?
A: Britain.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-11 14:48:54
Link | Citer | R

The only way to be objective is to treat women as objects...right ?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-11 14:51:28
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
By fonewear 2017-05-11 14:54:04
Link | Citer | R

I wasn't paying attention what was the pointless argument again ?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-11 14:56:06
Link | Citer | R

Are you trying to redefine objectivism??
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-11 14:56:10
Link | Citer | R

I call ***.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-11 14:56:24
Link | Citer | R

I wasn't paying attention what was the pointless argument again ?
Peanuts, and how it causes autism kills more people than airplanes murdered JFK is the missing link to the Trump-Russia collusion gives Kojo hives.
By fonewear 2017-05-11 14:58:11
Link | Citer | R

I guess stoicism is sorta like being objective.

According to its teachings, as social beings, the path to happiness for humans is found in accepting that which we have been given in life, by not allowing ourselves to be controlled by our desire for pleasure or our fear of pain, by using our minds to understand the world around us and to do our part in nature's plan, and by working together and treating others in a fair and just manner.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-05-11 14:58:45
Link | Citer | R

We didn't know specifics on the emails until after the investigation was over and what was publically known wasn't at all criminal. Meanwhile, things like State department staff getting immunity and Obama's meeting with Attorney General Lynch were spun as tacit indicators of guilt. The general public reaction has been identical in Trump's case just a reversal of ideology mostly.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-11 15:00:07
Link | Citer | R

That sounds like the pathway into subjectivism
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-11 15:06:19
Link | Citer | R

We didn't know specifics on the emails until after the investigation was over and what was publically known wasn't at all criminal. Meanwhile, things like State department staff getting immunity and Obama's meeting with Attorney General Lynch were spun as tacit indicators of guilt. The general public reaction has been identical in Trump's case just a reversal of ideology mostly.

Specifics came over time. However, we knew as of mid-2015 that Clinton sent classified information through her private email server. That little tidbit is worth more than the entirety of everything that has been released about Trump.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-11 15:08:30
Link | Citer | R

We didn't know specifics on the emails until after the investigation was over and what was publically known wasn't at all criminal.
Yeah, except that the server itself was setup to bypass FOIA laws, also Congressional Recordkeeping Laws, and when it was found out that classified information was removed and stored on an outside server, there's all sorts of information security laws too. Then there's perjury for Clinton and her aides lying under oath.

Other than all that, sure, she didn't do anything criminal. So, she should get a pass on all that, right?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-11 15:14:17
Link | Citer | R

We didn't know specifics on the emails until after the investigation was over and what was publically known wasn't at all criminal.
Yeah, except that the server itself was setup to bypass FOIA laws she's a Clinton, also Congressional Recordkeeping Laws she's a Clinton, and when it was found out that classified information was removed and stored on an outside server, there's all sorts of information security laws too she's still a Clinton. Then there's perjury for Clinton and her aides lying under oath the fact that she's a Clinton.

Other than all that, sure, she didn't do anything criminal. So, she should get a pass on all that, right?

Fixed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-05-11 15:19:20
Link | Citer | R

I'm still wondering why it was all dropped right after the election... I mean if there is such a clear violation of the law and we all know how many times we've heard Trump say crooked Hillary or lock her up... why is it that right after the election you pretty much heard nothing about it after hearing mostly only about it for the entire campaign? Why hasn't trump tried to pursue this? Why did he go quiet it about it? Some people here keep saying she clearly broke the law and idk it doesn't seem like anyone's doing anything about it... so did she actually do something wrong? Was Trump just using it as a campaign tactic and doesn't give a ***one way or the other? Is he assimilating into that swamp instead of draining it?

I still blame you guys for failing to convict her before the election... fail...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-11 15:22:28
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I'm still wondering why it was all dropped right after the election...
She lost. Obama wasn't going to add salt to the wound and get her convicted, and Trump can't exactly get her convicted because, mainly what's going on with Comey right now. You think the Comey firing is bad press, the media would have had a literal field day if Clinton was charged with anything worse than a traffic ticket, and even then, they would have a field day with the ticket.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-05-11 15:27:05
Link | Citer | R

She lost. Obama wasn't going to add salt to the wound and get her convicted, and Trump can't exactly get her convicted because, mainly what's going on with Comey right now. You think the Comey firing is bad press, the media would have had a literal field day if Clinton was charged with anything worse than a traffic ticket, and even then, they would have a field day with the ticket.
So he's afraid to go after her because the media would have a field day? Idk... doesn't stop him from doing anything else...

I mean if you ask Nausi everything Trump does is a clever ploy just to outsmart the media anyways...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-11 15:29:49
Link | Citer | R

Well, the ex FBI director declined to press charges and that kinda killed almost all of it. There's no guarantee that the new director won't take a second look, but I still wouldn't count on it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-11 15:33:16
Link | Citer | R

So he's afraid to go after her because the media would have a field day? Idk... doesn't stop him from doing anything else...

I mean if you ask Nausi everything Trump does is a clever ploy just to outsmart the media anyways...
As stupid as Trump is in regards to political messaging, I would think that even he is not stupid enough to arrest a direct political opponent unless he has extremely strong public evidence. Like a video of said opponent mass shooting a school or some ***like that.

Also, said political opponent must also be very unpopular for it to not get automatically opposed/rioted by every liberal under the moon.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-05-11 15:34:27
Link | Citer | R

He didn't decline to press charges... it was his rcomendation that the JD didn't pursue charges... they still could have...
By eliroo 2017-05-11 15:35:03
Link | Citer | R

Trump fired Comey as a tactical ploy to deviate his true lizardman nature from being discovered by making us think he is in bed with Russia. We all know Russian's don't affiliate with lizardmen.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-05-11 15:35:50
Link | Citer | R

As stupid as Trump is in regards to political messaging, I would think that even he is not stupid enough to arrest a direct political opponent unless he has extremely strong public evidence. Like a video of said opponent mass shooting a school or some ***like that.

Also, said political opponent must also be very unpopular for it to not get automatically opposed/rioted by every liberal under the moon.
So there is no good evidence that was made public that shows HRC was guilty of something then?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-11 15:41:11
Link | Citer | R

He didn't decline to press charges... it was his rcomendation that the JD didn't pursue charges... they still could have...
No Obama DOJ official would have pressed charges anyway.

Trump's DOJ officials probably won't press charges due to the optics associated with it. At least, without a very public statement from Trump to press charges.

New FBI director can state that, after reviewing the case file, could recommend charges, but then again, it's highly likely that the case file is destroyed too much to make a case (another possible event, since it's public knowledge that Comey's FBI did destroy evidence for this investigation).

Unless some savvy FBI agent who was in charge of the investigation made a copy of everything before they destroyed it, it's possible that this is the holdup. This isn't something the FBI would let the public know, especially now that public trust with the FBI is so low due to this investigation.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 58 59 60