Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 58 59 60
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-10 12:50:07
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
You guys are forgetting the FBI's main objective:

the main objective of all government workers is to appear to be doing just enough work to not get fired...
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-10 12:53:46
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Sally Yates defied him

I forgot that all parts of our government needs to fall in line with the president.

It's a freaking presidential appointee with a high turnover rate. Look at this list and see how many Deputy Attorney Generals serve under multiple presidents. If you have a problem with that, you have to realize that it's not a Trump issue. New president comes in, old deputy attorney general goes out. It's clockwork.

Then why didn't the appoint a new AG when Trump became president? They requested that she serves under the AG.

No this isn't the same thing.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-10 12:53:58
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Since when does the Attorney General decides what laws to follow and what laws to ignore?

We have court cases that state that the President doesn't have that authority. So why should the AG?

Or is it ok depending on what law you want to enforce and what law you don't?
Just following order's = not an excuse

Sessions once asked Yates about AG's responsibility to say 'no' to a president

Quote:
“If the views the president wants to execute is unlawful, should the attorney general or deputy attorney general say no?” Sessions asked.

“Senator, I believe the attorney general or the deputy attorney general has the obligation to follow the law and the Constitution and to give their independent legal advice to the president,” she responded.
Are you saying that Attorney Generals are allowed to ignore law?

She was fired because she ignored Trump's order to follow the law. Hate to break it to you, but nobody is given a right to ignore the law (unless, apparently, you are a Clinton. The bar is set higher, you have to show intent on breaking the law too).
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-10 12:57:12
Link | Citer | R

Sally Yates defied him

I forgot that all parts of our government needs to fall in line with the president.

It's a freaking presidential appointee with a high turnover rate. Look at this list and see how many Deputy Attorney Generals serve under multiple presidents. If you have a problem with that, you have to realize that it's not a Trump issue. New president comes in, old deputy attorney general goes out. It's clockwork.

Then why didn't the appoint a new AG when Trump became president? They requested that she serves under the AG.

Actually, Sessions was already slated to be the new AG. Congress, or more accurately, the liberals/democrats in the Senate, was stonewalling all of Trump's appointees because, well, reasons. Holdovers had to wait a while, some positions are still being filled as we speak, because of the stonewalling.

Yates's time was up when Trump was elected. She should have resigned the day Trump was inaugurated, but didn't. Mainly, for that paycheck.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-10 12:57:27
Link | Citer | R

I fought the law and the law won sing it with me now !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-10 12:57:56
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2017-05-10 12:59:09
Link | Citer | R

I didn't know the Clash did that song too.
By fonewear 2017-05-10 13:03:19
Link | Citer | R

Sally Yates defied him

Actually, Sessions was already slated to be the new AG. Congress, or more accurately, the liberals/democrats in the Senate, was stonewalling all of Trump's appointees because, well, reasons. Holdovers had to wait a while, some positions are still being filled as we speak, because of the stonewalling.

Yates's time was up when Trump was elected. She should have resigned the day Trump was inaugurated, but didn't. Mainly, for that paycheck.

[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-10 13:07:58
Link | Citer | R

So this law thing even the President has to follow it...wow you learn something new every day !
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-10 13:10:58
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I thought the attorney general was the guy that put those labels on cigarettes...

who did the "I just smoke the packs that cause birth defects" joke

prolly bill hicks

nailed it!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-10 13:10:58
Link | Citer | R

So this law thing even the President has to follow it...wow you learn something new every day !

Not if your a Clinton or one of her servants. Her Majesty is above the law as escribed on the tablets of progressivism.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-10 13:12:13
Link | Citer | R

Maybe cigarettes are a sociology experiment designed to thin out the herd !
By fonewear 2017-05-10 13:14:15
Link | Citer | R

One of my favorites is George Carlin on environment/plastic
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-10 13:16:02
Link | Citer | R

James Comey should include this picture of himself when he sharpens up his resume.

[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-10 13:17:56
Link | Citer | R

They don't make good comedians anymore we have third rate former SNL stars that think they are good !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-10 13:19:54
Link | Citer | R

Nature is our enemy !
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-10 13:22:07
Link | Citer | R

There are different types of laws.

If only Matt Groening made a PSA starring Troy McClure on the topic of Marbury v Madison for your 8th grade US History Class..
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-10 13:22:42
Link | Citer | R

They don't make good comedians anymore

I was watching Melissa McCarthy crawl through a car window...in the movie "the heat" I think...

what in the hell did she try to lose weight for? she had chris farley's "fat man in a little coat" all sewn up....

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-10 13:22:55
Link | Citer | R

So bothered to check CNN and holy ***they are going full tin foil hat here. If one listens to them then Coney was mere hours away from unmasking Trump as a robot sent from the future by Russia to enslave us all. Now its time to join together and fight our oppressors!

I expect ***like that from Slate, HuffPo or WaPo.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-10 13:24:19
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

There are different types of laws.

If only Matt Groening made a PSA starring Troy McClure on the topic of Marbury v Madison for your 8th grade US History Class..

Those we poor uneducated scum must follow and those for her Majesty and her divinely lead followers.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-10 13:24:45
Link | Citer | R

James Comey should include this picture of himself when he sharpens up his resume.
Are you kidding me?

Have you seen the government pension plan? Nobody works for the government for a living, they work for the pension plan. Where you can get $200k/year for doing jack squat while expecting another $200k/year after you quit.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-10 13:25:15
Link | Citer | R

I was just going to get to judicial review...soon as I finish eating this mustard packet.
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2017-05-10 13:26:00
Link | Citer | R

He's just some schmuck lawyer. He was never a cop or a detective or a private investigator or a criminal investigator of any kind. He wouldn't even know where to start....

Come on, he was a US DA and so was Robert Mueller, the previous FBI director. He worked for Republican and Democrat presidents investigating criminal cases and worked in the defense industry before becoming FBI director.

/headache
from having to defend a guy who is an idiot (backdoors into encryption wtf) but not for the reasons being discussed

as a lawyer.... (first bold)
Why do you argue with me only to agree later (second bold)... The point is that he is not now and never was an FBI AGENT investigating crimes. He's the director of an agency... not the only guy working on the case. I'm sure one of the other thirty five thousand people that work there can pick up the slack after losing super sluth james comey...
I absolutely agree that he is an idiot.

I disagree with the statement that he was never did any investigations, just a random attorney. He handled investigations as a DA.

As to the other agents available after Comey leaves, sure there are. The question is will they still be investigating or will the operation gradually lose all resources to run it?

After the crap with Devin Nunes house investigation and now this, it is just anot overall weird situation.
By fonewear 2017-05-10 13:29:06
Link | Citer | R

They don't make good comedians anymore

I was watching Melissa McCarthy crawl through a car window...in the movie "the heat" I think...

what in the hell did she try to lose weight for? she had chris farley's "fat man in a little coat" all sewn up....

Women are funny get over it !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-10 13:32:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
So bothered to check CNN and holy ***they are going full tin foil hat here. If one listens to them then Coney was mere hours away from unmasking Trump as a robot sent from the future by Russia to enslave us all. Now its time to join together and fight our oppressors!

Atlantic: It's a coup!

Daily Beast: It's Watergate 2: Electric Boogaloo

Warren: Russians did it

You can't make this ***up.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-10 13:36:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Atlantic: It's a coup!

Daily Beast: It's Watergate 2: Electric Boogaloo

Warren: Russians did it

You can't make this ***up.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-10 13:37:24
Link | Citer | R

Trump Derangement Syndrome at its finest.

They just stocking the fires for his 2020 victory.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-10 13:37:58
Link | Citer | R

Alex Jones might be the best troll this side of the internet.
By Nausi 2017-05-10 13:39:07
Link | Citer | R

It's a coup! Bwahahahahahahah!

Trump can't do a coup, he's already in charge!

Just goes to show either:

1) Trump is not viewed as having presidential authority even though he's president
-or-
2) Libs really don't know what words mean.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2017-05-10 13:39:48
Link | Citer | R

Since when does the Attorney General decides what laws to follow and what laws to ignore?

We have court cases that state that the President doesn't have that authority. So why should the AG?

Or is it ok depending on what law you want to enforce and what law you don't?
Just following order's = not an excuse

Sessions once asked Yates about AG's responsibility to say 'no' to a president

Quote:
“If the views the president wants to execute is unlawful, should the attorney general or deputy attorney general say no?” Sessions asked.

“Senator, I believe the attorney general or the deputy attorney general has the obligation to follow the law and the Constitution and to give their independent legal advice to the president,” she responded.
Are you saying that Attorney Generals are allowed to ignore law?

She was fired because she ignored Trump's order to follow the law. Hate to break it to you, but nobody is given a right to ignore the law (unless, apparently, you are a Clinton. The bar is set higher, you have to show intent on breaking the law too).
That is not what happened.

She instructed DA's not to argue the EO in court because it appeared to be unlawful.

She didn't tell them to break the law. She told them to not defend it because it seemed to be unlawful and rested on incorrect information.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 58 59 60