First Page 2 3 4 5
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-03-20 14:55:43
Link | Citer | R

Fine I already have ragnarok and apocalypse AG. After I'm
Done with kannagi and almace AGs Cala will be my last emp weapon. Why? Cause I'm bored :/
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-03-20 15:00:13
Link | Citer | R

Also, for Anguta/Cross Reaper naysayers:

Again, non-DM augments.
[+]
 Shiva.Cahota
Serveur: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-03-20 15:22:16
Link | Citer | R

no idea why u even adding savagery bonus, seeing as WAR dont get torcleaver and and savagery is WAR JA,
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-03-20 15:23:37
Link | Citer | R

because other WARs can use warcry and they definitely should be??
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-03-20 15:24:15
Link | Citer | R

Savagery
Adds TP Bonus effect to Warcry.

Warcry
Increases attack power for your party.
[+]
 Shiva.Cahota
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-03-20 15:26:35
Link | Citer | R

and deff not saying its wrong lol debating AG calad myself been using rag for torcleaver doing 30K+ now, and thats solo with just trusts, and not no 60% ws dmg either, unless u counting the 20 from fotia bonuses?
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-03-20 15:28:01
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Odinz said: »
Sylph.Cherche said: »
Perfecting the job means getting the best of the best. Caladbolg is absolutely the better great sword.
I see Gungir.

And why does Primex always get topic banned for hitting back at people who take shots at him? This isn't the Religion and Politics thread where we have to suffer bigotry and discrimination towards other ethnicities.

At least he's willing to back up what he says with proof and I find his videos to be both entertaining and interesting. I checked the LS he rolls with. I can see many many decked out members in that LS, and some who even contribute to windower plugins and addons. so I would assume when he parses he's not doing it against Gungir DRGs with 1 relic claim to fame.

I don't see any definitive proof that Calad is superior to Rag. Just that Torc has its niche. You can access Torc with Ragnarok by the way.

I think people just cry to the mods when he puts them in silence with tests, proof and relevant data and we all know how many white knights lurk these forums, i see the "if i cant troll him, ill cry
so they silence him" behavior happening a lot but lets face it, the crybabies are probably teenagers or something.

I bet if we counted how many times insults went back and forth, you'd be surprised on the results but hey, its easier to ban 1 person and please 10 than hear the constant moaning of pro-drgs.

ALLAHU AKBAR PRIME!

When you start getting 8k+ regular hits on Dark with Rag please let me know. I mean seriously these are mini ws for some jobs. I made Calad with a lot of people who don't have or just hear ***say you are wasting time and money, which since I have gotten there's literally no comparing. The weapon is a beast.
Let's not act like 8K hits are normal. A max crit roll with capped fSTR and triple damage proc barely breaks 5.5K, not even 6K with max JPs. So you're either lying about the numbers or leaving out important variables such as Arcana Killer and Souleater.

Let me rephrase since I certainly am not saying this happens with every swing. Regular meaning no Mighty Strikes/ Brazen, I mean ODT AM up swings have netted 8k. Is this an average no, however it happens.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-03-20 15:28:38
Link | Citer | R

Fotia bonus is ftp+0.2

WSDMG is from armor and DRK JP gifts.
 Asura.Thorva
Serveur: Asura
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-03-20 15:37:18
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Cahota said: »
and deff not saying its wrong lol debating AG calad myself been using rag for torcleaver doing 30K+ now, and thats solo with just trusts, and not no 60% ws dmg either, unless u counting the 20 from fotia bonuses?

The fotia bonus is a mistranslation, that is 10%(ish) fTP bonus, I think it is something like 25/256 for each, giving you a 50/256 for both roughly a 20% gain to your fTP in your ws. (edit: not sure, see a couple post below, they are posting the math)

As for the 60%, on the main drk thread a few pages back we were talking about ws dmg on drk and the gifts as well as the gear, it is very possible to hit that 60%. Just not going to be cheap with augment stones.

Give me a minute I will dig up the page.
aisukage said: »
Sylph.Darkside said: »
Asura.Thorva said: »
I am not 100% certain just yet as to a perfect torc set, but I am leaning pretty heavily to something like this with the random augs going for vit, acc/attk, wsdmg (should be 48% wsdmg with max aug)

ItemSet 348903
That's a great set. Good to know I wasn't very far off what you have down. Now maybe I'm off but isn't that way more than 48%?
Even being modest with 5% on the head and legs, 10 on body, back, neck and waist. Isn't those 6 pieces alone 50%? So add in the feet, hands, ring and earring. Isn't that over 60%. Again I may be wrong in how this actually calculates. Let me know if I am off, I'd really rather know how it truly works out.

Ammo = 6
heady = 5 = 11
Earring = 2 = 13
Body = 10 = 23
hands = 7 = 30
ring = 3 = 33
back = 10 = 43
legs = 5 = 48
feet = 6 = 54

so looking at 54% potential max WSD from that set. What I would like to ask is how good is fotia really for torc? Being a single hit WS I would of thought not that great but not sure if there are any better pieces

I could be wrong and would like clarification if I am but for a single hit WS
1000% TP = 4.75FTP fotia makes it 4.85FTP which is just over 2.1% WSD
2000% TP = 7.5 which fotia will make a 1.3% WSD
3000% TP = 10FTP fotia making it 10.1FTP which is just 1% WSD
Note my math was wrong when adding up the gear, I forgot to add in ammo.
54% ws dmg not including drk gifts. Putting drk at 62% ws dmg in max augment gear.
It was later found out that if you stack VIT after a certain point, (I believe 50% was our wsdmg number, can't remember our VIT) that every 5 VIT turns into 1 ws dmg. Which meant you can drop down on your ws dmg augments to only 3% or if you are lucky 4% with some vit to go with it and you would get better numbers.
 Shiva.Cahota
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-03-20 15:46:12
Link | Citer | R

a gotta be near perfect augs it seems, lots n lots of stones. but im @50 once get my +3 body done, so not to much more there, used to just spam reso, torcleaver is a beast though.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-03-20 15:50:30
Link | Citer | R

Elemental/Fotia gorgets and belts add 0.1 ftp, not 25/256 % http://ftp. A WS with 5.0 ftp will only be increased to 5.1 and a 10 ftp WS will only be increased to 10.1. The higher the ftp of the WS before gorget/belt, the smaller the increase will seem.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-03-20 15:51:34
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Cahota said: »
a gotta be near perfect augs it seems, lots n lots of stones. but im @50 once get my +3 body done, so not to much more there, used to just spam reso, torcleaver is a beast though.
I am currently at 41%, I don't have ring and I only have +2 body right now so that is 8% I am missing. I have only put in about 10 mil worth of stones into my augments so I know I can get higher if I actually tried, but the numbers even with my current torc set far exceeded my original expectations of torc months ago.
 Shiva.Cahota
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-03-20 15:52:58
Link | Citer | R

ya torc has been a semi new project for me as well, but do like it alot. trying get my set just that much better.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-03-20 15:54:59
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Elemental/Fotia gorgets and belts add 0.1 ftp, not 25/256 % http://ftp. A WS with 5.0 ftp will only be increased to 5.1 and a 10 ftp WS will only be increased to 10.1. The higher the ftp of the WS before gorget/belt, the smaller the increase will seem.
fTP is always expressed as a fraction of 1024. 25/256 for the belt and gorget is correct.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-03-20 15:56:45
Link | Citer | R

It has pretty much become to the point, that when it comes to torc/calad sets Azagarth keeps the threads pretty well updated. If you follow his information and gearsets you will be fine. I have watched him throw, I would assume, more than 100 mil into random augments.

I do not exaggerate when I say Aza's drk is insanely powerful. I have an amazing reso/rag drk, even when I ds/nv absorb-str he still passes my drk up using calad/torc, reso/rag we are neck and neck. Soon as he pops on that calad I am done.
 Shiva.Cahota
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-03-20 16:00:54
Link | Citer | R

calad is my next slow going project i think. gonna be great,
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-03-20 16:03:17
Link | Citer | R

Man, isn't it so crazy that increasing your white damage by 1.5x at minimum loss of WS Damage results in a large damage increase?

Who would have ever guessed that.

EDIT: I'm bitter.
[+]
 Shiva.Cahota
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-03-20 16:06:00
Link | Citer | R

i currently swing AG rag on DRK now, so see that alot already, but torcleaver out dmg my reso quite often, be nice to have both for when acc not a issue at all.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-03-20 16:39:41
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Odinz said: »
Perfecting the job means getting the best of the best. Caladbolg is absolutely the better great sword.
I see Gungir.

And why does Primex always get topic banned for hitting back at people who take shots at him? This isn't the Religion and Politics thread where we have to suffer bigotry and discrimination towards other ethnicities.

At least he's willing to back up what he says with proof and I find his videos to be both entertaining and interesting. I checked the LS he rolls with. I can see many many decked out members in that LS, and some who even contribute to windower plugins and addons. so I would assume when he parses he's not doing it against Gungir DRGs with 1 relic claim to fame.

I don't see any definitive proof that Calad is superior to Rag. Just that Torc has its niche. You can access Torc with Ragnarok by the way.

I think people just cry to the mods when he puts them in silence with tests, proof and relevant data and we all know how many white knights lurk these forums, i see the "if i cant troll him, ill cry
so they silence him" behavior happening a lot but lets face it, the crybabies are probably teenagers or something.

I bet if we counted how many times insults went back and forth, you'd be surprised on the results but hey, its easier to ban 1 person and please 10 than hear the constant moaning of pro-drgs.

ALLAHU AKBAR PRIME!

When you start getting 8k+ regular hits on Dark with Rag please let me know. I mean seriously these are mini ws for some jobs. I made Calad with a lot of people who don't have or just hear ***say you are wasting time and money, which since I have gotten there's literally no comparing. The weapon is a beast.
Let's not act like 8K hits are normal. A max crit roll with capped fSTR and triple damage proc barely breaks 5.5K, not even 6K with max JPs. So you're either lying about the numbers or leaving out important variables such as Arcana Killer and Souleater.

Let me rephrase since I certainly am not saying this happens with every swing. Regular meaning no Mighty Strikes/ Brazen, I mean ODT AM up swings have netted 8k. Is this an average no, however it happens.
(303+41)*4.9875*1.16*3 = 5970.636, that's a max crit roll + OTD on the same hit. So unless you TP in about 40 crit damage gear or are including your Souleater damage, slashing bonus, and Arcane Killer effects, you don't do 8K ODT hits.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-03-20 16:43:39
Link | Citer | R

@OP, ignore all the hype about Torcleaver for now. All the people saying it's easier to gear for are already established in Reisenjima and can easily get the gear for it. That doesn't mean neglect it completely, though. Since it looks like you refuse to play anything besides DRK and you already have a Rag, Reso will more than likely be your go-to WS for now. You'll still want a set for Torcleaver and Cross Reaper for their SC uses.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-03-20 17:12:23
Link | Citer | R

@OP, ignore all the hype about Torcleaver for now. All the people saying it's easier to gear for are already established in Reisenjima and can easily get the gear for it. That doesn't mean neglect it completely, though. Since it looks like you refuse to play anything besides DRK and you already have a Rag, Reso will more than likely be your go-to WS for now. You'll still want a set for Torcleaver and Cross Reaper for their SC uses.

No hype. It is better, shouldn't even be a shocker at this point or a real point of debate. It will do better if your geared for it. Thats just the game, no emotions go into it, and FYI a new drk can gear torc set that will perform well with no gil, just ambu; the same cant be said for reso. To get really good numbers from reso you really need HQ its that simple. We are talking about the OP who only wants to drk, this means he will not be able to piggy back in a pty like a mage/support can. You need top gear/skill or ppl will drop you.

ANYONE who talks about ANY REAM weapon should have ability to get ANY gear in reisenjima. Your talking about a person who is considering to drop 200m on ONE item. How could they not drop 30m to a merc to have EVERY slott OTHER THAN their weapon good (arguably free zulf can parse damn similar to rag)? Or they can shout and build a pty for free, either way all of the reisen gear is crazy easy to get or merced relatively cheaply for what upgrade they give over counterparts.

I get at least 5 /tells daily from new/seasoned/mid drks on my server. Not because these forums only, but because I actually put out the numbers I claim. It shockes people not seeing rag as that was truly a Hype phase/weapon that the whole server has now.

Now I normally get the same question from every drk. Do I get calad or rag? I always answer the same, and tell them get Rag first. Why? Is it the top dps? No.... its simply not, but it is the easiest to gear and the most strait forward. Calad is for a seasoned drk, one who has the means to drop 10,000 taupe stones into augs and realize thats the start. Does this mean you get rag for reso spam? No thats a HYPE uneducated drk. You should do what is best dps for your time. Realize having rag doesnt lock you into reso spam, and having calad doesnt lock you into torc only. I tend to use reso on calad too for those fun 3k tp times, I like to see 60k dmg over the 50k~ my torc would get @ 3k.

What this means is that if you can sc using reso or torc, you should. That sc dmg is a massive boost, more than the ws itself sometimes. The sad part is reso has shitty sc properties and torc is light/dark with nearly all other jobs top end ws's. So if you can sc, do it, wether it be with rag or torc.

The 2nd most important thing a new drk thinking of REAM should realize, and the real bigger reason i suggest Rag to most is this. Most new drks are not capping acc, calad will only worsen that. You need to have a fundamental base to understand where you need to be and have the gear to support different sets. Most players are not of this calibure and thats ok, its a game. But if you are not utilizing different sets and all that rag is more "idiot-proof" so to speak. You will also eventually want a rag anyhow, I actively use mine still. There are just those times ***isnt perfect. your underbuffed, the mob you cant sc on, will save to 3k tp often, etc are all good reason to have rag. I love my calad but I also love my rag, and heck I have been using apoc tons as of late.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-03-20 17:32:39
Link | Citer | R

DRKs from Asura aren't even worth the trouble at this point.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-03-20 17:41:54
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-03-20 17:52:24
Link | Citer | R

@OP, ignore all the hype about Torcleaver for now. All the people saying it's easier to gear for are already established in Reisenjima and can easily get the gear for it.
Horribly incorrect statement, if you review the drk forum people are actually finding it easier as new/returning drks to gear for torc in their lower/mid sets. They also see better numbers in their low/mid tier gear as well.

DRKs from Asura aren't even worth the trouble at this point.
Funny considering you missed out on all the other drks saying the exact same thing us "asura drks" have been saying for a long time now.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-03-20 17:56:55
Link | Citer | R

Entry level.

Sulevia Feet +1 (6)
Ambuscade Cape (10)
Ignominy Body +2 (5)
Kariyeh Ring (3)
Ishvara (2)
JP Gifts (8)

That's 34 WSDMG.

Next is Reisenjima T1. No need for T3 NMs because AF+2 body is superior.

Odyssean head (4)
Odyssean legs (4)
Odyssean hands (6)

48 WSDMG.

Omen Bosses.

Ignominy Body +3 (5)
Knobkierre (6)

59 WSDMG.

Super hard and unrealistic, man.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-03-20 18:00:33
Link | Citer | R

Assuming the guy has gifts and kariyeh ring when it looks like he hasn't done anything since SOA came out. Also subtract another 10 from the cape since his first cape shouldn't be wasted on a WS only piece.

Ignominy and Odyssean you're making assumptions that he wants to merc or has someone to carry him, which is unrealistic to assume unless he states otherwise. So realistically, you're looking at only 8% WSD.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-03-20 18:05:51
Link | Citer | R

My bad, I forgot pugging doesn't exist.

And that only one ambuscade cape can be made in someones lifetime.

And also that SoA can't be started at this point in the games life.

And that card farming can't be done with trusts.

And that JP can't be soloed with trusts.

@OP, sorry man, it seems SE disabled every avenue available to you. Except mercing, it seems.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-03-20 18:08:46
Link | Citer | R

My bad, I forgot pugging doesn't exist.

And that only one ambuscade cape can be made in someones lifetime.

And also that SoA can't be started at this point in the games life.

And that card farming can't be done with trusts.

And that JP can't be soloed with trusts.

@OP, sorry man, it seems SE disabled every avenue available to you.
Pugging does exist, but you assume the guy is going to log in and immediately get a group for ***when he doesn't have any gear post-SoA, get real.

He can make one per job per month, wasting on a Torcleaver piece as his first? Seriously?

It can be, but how do you know he'll take that ring instead of other available options?

The latter two will take time and to include them in a "just starting out" calculation is stupid. If he came back in a few months and said "Hey I have X gear and ***how can I improve my set?" That would be different.