lolk
[+]
 Asura.Volition
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-09-22 22:58:16
Link | Citer | R

Seriously though, other than the rubber banding, the only problem with launch is too many people trying to get in so there are queues. Whats that say about the game, when the biggest complaint is it is too popular?

For those who have been playing it as well, how do you like it so far?
 Ifrit.Dinarii
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-09-22 23:01:20
Link | Citer | R

had it pre-ordered. played the beta a few times. decided i'd wait to see how the end-game is before i dive in entirely. then heard about the almost instant system melt-down and wait period to make chars. glad i decided to wait.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-22 23:02:15
Link | Citer | R

AION is not awesome.
~From someone very unbiased.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-22 23:04:44
Link | Citer | R

I'm interested to see the views for this game, some have played the beta and liked it. I'm just waiting a bit to see the reviews before I buy it.
 Asura.Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-09-22 23:04:53
Link | Citer | R

Ludoggy said:
AION is not awesome.
~From someone very unbiased.

"I'm not biased" *is biased*

Alyria said:
I'm interested to see the views for this game, some have played the beta and liked it. I'm just waiting a bit to see the reviews before I buy it.

Yeah, itll give you time so the queues settle down anyways.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-22 23:28:39
Link | Citer | R

Ludoggy said:
AION is not awesome.

Unless you have very low standards.
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-09-22 23:32:22
Link | Citer | R

Mai and her brother both pre-ordered it. Unfortunately, I just keep hearing about the Flight thing and how pretty the graphics are.

I don't have room in the budget to buy it, but the more I hear, the less I want to play.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-09-23 00:08:48
Link | Citer | R

All MMOs are trash.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-23 00:22:32
Link | Citer | R

Antipika said:
Ludoggy said:
AION is not awesome.

there you go.
The guy from that country with the yummy potatoes and good culinary utensils agrees.
Darkshade said:
All MMOs are trash.

this is another good standard
All the mmo forums are filled with "our mmo sucks and has no point except for being addictive"
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-23 00:27:27
Link | Citer | R

Ludoggy said:
Antipika said:
Ludoggy said:
AION is not awesome.

there you go.
The guy from that country with the yummy potatoes and good culinary utensils agrees.
Darkshade said:
All MMOs are trash.

this is another good standard
All the mmo forums are filled with "our mmo sucks and has no point except for being addictive"
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-23 10:26:49
Link | Citer | R

They finally updated their website and took away all the secrecy from it and it sounds interesting. It looks like a mix of EQ and WoW, which isn't really a bad thing. I'll wait till all the hype has died down and it's been out for awhile though.

After playing XI for a while I'll be tough to play something else without a controller, and things like mog houses and being able to switch jobs.
 Asura.Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-09-23 12:05:44
Link | Citer | R

I guess the hard thing about FFXI is quitting, really.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avinne
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-09-23 12:18:09
Link | Citer | R

The highest lvl I attained was 17. Had a 17 Templar and like... 12 Assassin or something in the open and closed betas, but it's a nice relaxing game so far. Like someone said earlier, it's a very pretty game... chat system is kinda crap, but the customization options are new and fun. It's worth checking out, but I haven't played enough to really give more of an opinion that that. :)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avinne
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-09-23 12:28:16
Link | Citer | R

Also, after playing FFXI for a million years, some of my friends and I agreed... Aion seems to be a game you can pick up for a few hours, get stuff done and log off to get on with RL... whereas we didn't really feel like that with FFXI.

People who are into the PvP stuff seem to be happy as well... I never got into it other than random duels and whatnot as I wasn't high enough lvl to get to the abyss, but seemed fun :P
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Clinkclink
By Gilgamesh.Clinkclink 2009-09-23 12:55:56
Link | Citer | R

Volition said:

Word™
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-09-23 13:15:46
Link | Citer | R

Clinkclink said:
Volition said:

Word™

Quitting FFXI isn't hard if you have actual interests outside of playing video games and if you still have friends outside of FFXI. I've only been out of the game for a month, but I've naturally transitioned to spending more time on my other hobbies and spending more time with family and friends (and a little extra time at work >.<;). I'm not going to lie though; I do miss my character and Vana'diel. On the other hand, I also quit smoking four months ago and still miss that as well.

Since I've been gone from FFXI, I messed around with a WoW trial, and yeah, it's a colossal difference from FFXI. In the time it took me to check my plants, check the AH on my Jeuno mule, change jobs on my main, and either flag up or head to an event, I could've already accomplished something in WoW. This doesn't even account for all the damned time I lost standing around waiting for inconsiderate people to finally show up for FFXI events. If, on the scale of time-wasters, Aion tilts more towards WoW than FFXI (I can log in, accomplish something, and be out within an hour), I'd be tempted to purchase it and give it a shot. I have two friends bugging me to try it anyways. >.>;
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-23 13:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Not to derail, but really I think it's only hard because people don't initially know how to fill-up all the free hours they now have everyday. lol Once I distracted myself completely (hi2uFFXIAH forums) and was still able to talk to my friends it felt pretty easy.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-23 14:01:23
Link | Citer | R

Eeek said:
I could've already accomplished something in WoW

Accomplish something tasteless tho. I don't call killtask or "Fedex quest" an accomplishment. Would be like saying FoV = accomplishment in FF XI...
 Remora.Dubont
Serveur: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-09-23 14:07:12
Link | Citer | R

Aion to me looks like another non-free rip off of Perfect World which is a free rip off of WoW with flight abilities and more character customization. That being said, I'm not paying $50 for crap when i can pay just as much for FF14 when it comes out and it actually be good.
 Ragnarok.Rusko
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2009-09-23 14:32:12
Link | Citer | R

Dubont said:
Aion to me looks like another non-free rip off of Perfect World which is a free rip off of WoW with flight abilities and more character customization. That being said, I'm not paying $50 for crap when i can pay just as much for FF14 when it comes out and it actually be good.

14 is gonna be crap. its gonna be funny seeing thousands of ppl coming back to 11 when 14 fails so hardcore.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-23 15:08:28
Link | Citer | R

Rusko said:
14 is gonna be crap.

User submitted image

Hi there.
[+]
 Titan.Relicant
Serveur: Titan
user: Relicant
By Titan.Relicant 2009-09-23 15:51:57
Link | Citer | R

well, I haven't been spending much time in FFXI lately. With the new buzz of 14 around the corner. However, I did spend some time in Aion and i'll give me total opinion of it.

It's really pretty, but lets be honest here for a second. As someone stated earlier... Short of better graphics, it's a 100% complete rip off of perfect world. You can even fly in perfect world, customize your char, all the bells and whistles that comes with a $50 game... for FREE. literally. There are 0 fees involved with PWI, other than from the botique where you can buy inventory stones etc. like gobbie bags. But again, lets face it. 99% of all games are headed for, or have already gone to this model. So really, there is nothing new under the sun there..

As far as 14 goes, i'll wait for it to come out, and then see how other people review it. to me, games like that can be either 1 of 2 things. Completely Awesomesawce!, or... A complete pile of ***that's been painted gold (which is still ***btw...)

To all the people that play/have tried Aion. I offer you to try out PWI for just a week or so. See which you like better. If you can sacrifice just a LITTLE graphic quality, I think you'll enjoy PWI much better and all the while... save money. (For the record, PWI with full graphics on, is BEAUTIFUL, not AS beautiful as Aion, but it's DAMN CLOSE)

that's my thoughts on the matter.
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-09-23 16:32:19
Link | Citer | R

Rusko said:
14 is gonna be crap. its gonna be funny seeing thousands of ppl coming back to 11 when 14 fails so hardcore.

User submitted image
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-09-23 16:34:19
Link | Citer | R

Rusko said:
Dubont said:

It could, but on the other hand, It could be amazing. You don't know, and you won't know til you play it. And this is what Free Trials are for. Only a complete and utter moron will try and predict what is going to be 'good' or 'bad' in a field as subjective as any art. That said, I certainly won't cancel my character in FFXI until at least 6months of solid 14 play.

As For Aion, the whole Angel theme is gayer than a 3 dollar bill, I spend my days laughing at religious idiots who apparently have "ALL TEH ANSWERS" so that is a pre-determined bias on my part. We should all just give up and acknowledge "Hello Kitty: Island Adventure" as the greatest MMO that has and WILL EVER come out.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-09-23 16:47:33
Link | Citer | R

^ Listen to this man.

I'll probably keep both accounts active until I see what the definitive end game is like in XIV and have finished what I feel is the bulk of the content I want to finish with XI.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-09-23 17:13:14
Link | Citer | R

Nightraid is my new hero. I just thought I'd share that.
 Odin.Synyster
Serveur: Odin
user: Synyster
By Odin.Synyster 2009-09-23 17:29:45
Link | Citer | R

Dammit butters stop making that face. BUT MOM THIS IS MY REGULAR FACE!" god bless butters.

Lolzicdeh is right, the angel theme crap looks pretty gay. i didnt like anything else the dev team for aion has created. it does look really good but im more for substance in a game not just looks.
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-24 11:30:13
Link | Citer | R

It's to early to judge 14 when 13 isn't even out yet.

Back on topic though, If AION comes up with a free trial later on I'll probably give it a try. $50 is a lot for something I might not like.
First Page 2