High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-02 20:41:16
Link | Citer | R

Is there a reason you'd think Foenaria would require different TP sets than the multitude of sets already publicly posted in guides all over this website and BG wiki?
 Asura.Warmoose
Serveur: Asura
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2024-06-02 22:52:14
Link | Citer | R

zeta said: »
Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
What kind of TP sets are people rocking for Foenaria? I'm guessing something similar to Apocalypse?

I am wondering the same for TP sets but also for WS sets.

Just mix and match odyssey gear, with STP, and make sure you have enough DT.

If you play mostly sortie/oddy.. Escha/reisenjima armor probably shouldn't be in there. Or if you do, atleast have it toggled separately.

Most of the up to date WS sets are all consolidated in the all jobs damage simulator sets thread(I don't recall the exact name).

Alternatively you goto the item sets menu item on the left. Type "DRK TP" or "DRK melee" and sort by date. Sometimes you can find something modern/ up to date that other players are using
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-02 23:44:35
Link | Citer | R

There are 50 different TP sets in the DRK guide.
By zeta 2024-06-03 06:30:43
Link | Citer | R

Apologies, i completely forgot to check the BG guide to see if there was a set already made. I used the damage sim tool and got a similar set but with Ratri Sallet +1 head and PDL +10 ring from TVR. Tried out Stage 3 last night in sortie and was very disappointed in it so was just scrambling to see where i went wrong :P
By Taint 2024-06-03 06:47:24
Link | Citer | R

Foenaria from a DPS standpoint can be disappointing without Super buffs including Savagery. Where is shines is the HP/MP gimic, great light SC option and the ability to abuse Impact.
By zeta 2024-06-03 08:27:23
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Foenaria from a DPS standpoint can be disappointing without Super buffs including Savagery. Where is shines is the HP/MP gimic, great light SC option and the ability to abuse Impact.

I will play with it more in Sortie when i can, sucks that C,G undead so MP is still junk there. I think I expected to see the same or better numbers that I saw in the one vid posted last year. I think he only had stage 3 and trust buffs on A boss... Last night even A boss i didnt see anything to write home about. Oh well points are spent so might as well keep chugging away lol
By Atrox78 2024-06-03 08:40:48
Link | Citer | R

Apologies, i completely forgot to check the BG guide to see if there was a set already made. I used the damage sim tool and got a similar set but with Ratri Sallet +1 head and PDL +10 ring from TVR. Tried out Stage 3 last night in sortie and was very disappointed in it so was just scrambling to see where i went wrong :P

Stack all wsd. My experience is pdl does very little for 2 handed primes and when it does, the am is enough.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-06-03 11:25:07
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Is there a reason you'd think Foenaria would require different TP sets than the multitude of sets already publicly posted in guides all over this website and BG wiki?

Probably cause most of them are bad and no one knows how to play DRK?

Case in point.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-06-03 11:32:43
Link | Citer | R

What kind of TP sets are people rocking for Foenaria? I'm guessing something similar to Apocalypse?

Both of you do yourselves the biggest favor you can.

Do not ask the people on this forum for help, 90% are terrible and don't know what they are talking about. They sit around in a circle jerk, talking about how they killed HM Aminon, which is like a 4/10 in difficulty with a cheese mechanic and think they are experts.

Instead download this: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57175/all-jobs-damage-simulator-and-gear-sets

Plug in the actual scenario you are facing with actual buffs you are getting and you will get your sets questions answered far better than any of the keyboard commandos here.
By Taint 2024-06-03 11:38:13
Link | Citer | R

Post a Keyboard Commando post, calls out others. You can't make this guy up. Attention *** at its finest.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-06-03 11:43:24
Link | Citer | R

Don't get mad at me because you're bad at tanking and dps.

GEO might be a better fit for you.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-06-03 12:00:20
Link | Citer | R

Can we start a gofundme to get this guy a new tub of vaseline? Someone put shale in his
[+]
By zeta 2024-06-03 12:18:08
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »

Both of you do yourselves the biggest favor you can.

Do not ask the people on this forum for help, 90% are terrible and don't know what they are talking about. They sit around in a circle jerk, talking about how they killed HM Aminon, which is like a 4/10 in difficulty with a cheese mechanic and think they are experts.

Instead download this: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57175/all-jobs-damage-simulator-and-gear-sets

Plug in the actual scenario you are facing with actual buffs you are getting and you will get your sets questions answered far better than any of the keyboard commandos here.

I did use the damage sim and just wanted to see what others thought. But hey thanks for coming in hot and crapping on everyone around you.
By Taint 2024-06-03 12:31:25
Link | Citer | R

Don't get mad at me because you're bad at tanking and dps.

GEO might be a better fit for you.

I actually like GEO thank you and yes I've been a terrible tank and DD for almost 20 years now. Remarkable I know.
By Atrox78 2024-06-03 13:00:19
Link | Citer | R

From the little experience I have since getting stage 4 a week or so ago I'd say it is disappointing compared to Gae Buide and the gkt but by no means is it a let down. The only reason it's not comparable is because drk can gain tp as fast and drg and sam. The damage is still nice and it's alot more accurate then caladbolg. Definitely seems to favor a high stp tp set and holding tp to 2k -2.5k bate minimum (though that's all primes imo).
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-06-03 14:40:10
Link | Citer | R

I did use the damage sim and just wanted to see what others thought.

You might as well ask a quadriplegic what their favorite running shoe is...

But hey thanks for coming in hot and crapping on everyone around you.

Not everyone, only the forum trash who live in glass houses and like to throw rocks. You get what you give. Great song btw!
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-06-03 15:46:05
Link | Citer | R

I did use the damage sim and just wanted to see what others thought.

You might as well ask a quadriplegic what their favorite running shoe is...

But hey thanks for coming in hot and crapping on everyone around you.

Not everyone, only the forum trash who live in glass houses and like to throw rocks. You get what you give. Great song btw!

The irony.....

To the OP, as was already said, Prime weapons in general are very good in a specific situation. That situation is when you are getting buffed to the teeth with attack and the mob has a lot of defense down.

In my opinion, all the 2-hand primes win against other options in those situations. Greatsword/Polearm/Scythe/Great Katana/Great Axe are all very nice for this specific senario. Some like the Polearm and Great Katana excel even outside this senario.

Edit: I'd like to point out that that python tool is not accurate all the time. For instance, when I was building sets for the prime great sword, I ended up having to go in and look at it and discovered that it was referencing STR/MND and didn't have the appropriate percentages for those stats on the WS mods... so some work is required to make sure the output you're getting from the tool is right. This issue may be fixed by now, but haven't downloaded an update in some time
[+]
By Galkapryme 2024-06-16 16:35:39
Link | Citer | R

Stage IV is comparable to Apoc, but you can 3-step for light instead of 2-step for DRK. And you can get MP back (provided the mob has MP, I believe).
By Galkapryme 2024-06-16 16:38:39
Link | Citer | R

Kirakishou said: »
What kind of TP sets have people been using with Foenaria in Sotrie? My friend and I tried the E boss with me as solo melee, had Chaos/Sam rolls, Aria, Min x2, HM, March and Sylvie geo bubble. Yet my acc was pretty floored when using a slightly adjusted "Apoc5" set from the first page (swapped out the TA ring for Regal). I was using Grape Daifuku as my food, and was /Sam. At one point I even used Diabolic eye and did not seem to change much.

Why were you using Grape D. on DRK?
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56