Random Politics & Religion #19

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 82 83 84
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-17 11:08:07
Link | Citer | R

Cruz Missive said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
On that note, what are the odds of a Republican primary in 2019-2020?

0%. They're not going to primary President Pence, and there's no way Trump makes it that far.

Did you just pull a Candlejack?

I don't think he gets that far because he was never going to make it that far. I expect the real plan was to have him propose/sign off on some of the more PR-unfriendly proposals (hey guys! you can dump coal waste in rivers again, and your financial advisor can do what he *** wants!), then hit him with impeachment for violations of the emoluments clause, install Pence, and use Trump as the scapegoat for said PR-unfriendly bits. Pence is their guy in a way Trump never, ever, will be, but he likely wouldn't have won the general.

Congress was always going to have enough evidence to impeach, once Trump decided he wasn't really going to let go of his companies. It's only a matter of "when", with "when" being when he's not useful anymore (or such a threat to the party/nation that he must be removed).

The complication, of course, is that it's all gone so much crazier and so much faster than expected, and they've been caught off guard.
You are forgetting one thing: The GOP isn't going to make the same mistakes as the liberals/democrats are doing right now. They will (begrudgingly) support Trump because they know that, due to the wave of populism that Trump is riding, if they were to even hint at impeaching him, they would lose their jobs very quickly.

They also are trying to portray the message of unity, and impeaching your own party, unity does that not make.

No, I think that there won't be any changes in presidents unless assassination occurs, and we already know that people are already open about it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-17 11:08:40
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I think he'll be the one to finally climax with KJU.

Is it worth going for the obvious joke here?

[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-17 11:10:07
Link | Citer | R

I think he'll be the one to finally climax with KJU.

Is it worth going for the obvious joke here?

I thought he was going to climax with Putin first.

Unless they all climax with each other (and WWIII starts, or WWIII: The Climax)
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-17 11:10:22
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
in a drive thru on my break grabbing lunch and it's still sheer ice craziness out there. a bunch of ravens are hanging out near the garbage can a foot away and they constantly keep trying to land and walk around to look for scraps

but they keep slipping and losing their footing. I didn't know I needed this in my life but ravens are hilarious on ice, lmao.
This is partisan bs.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-02-17 11:10:41
Link | Citer | R

But this gets attributed to Obama because for some he was weak in foreign policy and not strong on Putin. Opposed to the other view that he was trying to repair the US's reputation globally and was in precarious position of validating the negative perception that we trying to rid ourselves of.

Putin is a smart cookie and gambled successfully with respect to the situation in the Crimea and even Syria.
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2017-02-17 11:10:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
sorry, wrong thread.

Maybe, but it worked.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-17 11:16:41
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
sorry, wrong thread.

Maybe, but it worked.
Or is it the right thread?

[+]
By Zerowone 2017-02-17 11:18:21
Link | Citer | R

Josiah is the Ralph Wiggum P&R desperately needs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-17 11:23:29
Link | Citer | R

Zerowone said: »
Josiah is the Ralph Wiggum P&R desperately needs.

If only it was a Canadian flag.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-17 11:37:31
Link | Citer | R

If this doesn't work out Donny could always be Prime Minister of Canada...
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-17 11:39:50
Link | Citer | R

If that doesn't work there is always openings at Barney's Bowl o Rama !

[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-17 11:40:40
Link | Citer | R

By fonewear 2017-02-17 11:42:09
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
in a drive thru on my break grabbing lunch and it's still sheer ice craziness out there. a bunch of ravens are hanging out near the garbage can a foot away and they constantly keep trying to land and walk around to look for scraps

but they keep slipping and losing their footing. I didn't know I needed this in my life but ravens are hilarious on ice, lmao.

And Rooks sad the bar was set low this is gold !
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-02-17 12:05:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
He knows what he's facing, and he's determined.
He is also very insecure. There's only so many times you can talk about your big win numbers and your crowd(lying about it no less) until it becomes pathetic.
So far he mentioned his crowd to all world leaders he met/called. What kind of message do you think that sends to other countries? Certainly not fear like Saevel implies.
Sorry, I kinda word pasta'd, smoked a cigarette, and then passed out face down in the pillow.

I don't know really. I'm not used to hearing what exactly the president is talking about with world leaders, or at the very least, it never jumped out at me before. I think the fear that Saeval implies is more about Trump's nature in regards to being a wild card who is patriotic at heart. Of course, there's obviously not too much fear, cause I mean, didn't the president of Mexico basically tell Trump to *** off several times? xD I'd label it concern, cause having someone like Trump in office is a big deal, since he's got the power to do stuff with our military. Like you wouldn't want to piss this guy off, because what would he do?

But on the other hand, he advocates for peace and better ties with Russia, which I like. I'm truly hopeful that the media is overplaying kremlin ties and that he isn't somehow involved in some sorta scandal, and that his stance towards Russia is about keeping peace.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-02-17 12:06:26
Link | Citer | R

Suspect in North Korea killing 'thought she was taking part in TV prank'

The Guardian said:
An Indonesian woman arrested for suspected involvement in the killing of the North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un’s half-brother in Malaysia was duped into thinking she was part of a comedy show prank, Indonesia’s national police chief has said, citing information received from Malaysian authorities.

Tito Karnavian told reporters in Indonesia’s Aceh province that Siti Aisyah, 25, was paid to be involved in pranks.

He said she and another woman performed stunts which involved convincing men to close their eyes and then spraying them with water.

“Such an action was done three or four times and they were given a few dollars for it, and with the last target, Kim Jong-nam, allegedly there were dangerous materials in the sprayer,” Karnavian said. “She was not aware that it was an assassination attempt by alleged foreign agents.”

lol wild
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Zerowone 2017-02-17 12:15:25
Link | Citer | R

He is also very insecure. There's only so many times you can talk about your big win numbers and your crowd(lying about it no less) until it becomes pathetic.
So far he mentioned his crowd to all world leaders he met/called. What kind of message do you think that sends to other countries? Certainly not fear like Saevel implies.
Sorry, I kinda word pasta'd, smoked a cigarette, and then passed out face down in the pillow.

I don't know really. I'm not used to hearing what exactly the president is talking about with world leaders, or at the very least, it never jumped out at me before. I think the fear that Saeval implies is more about Trump's nature in regards to being a wild card who is patriotic at heart. Of course, there's obviously not too much fear, cause I mean, didn't the president of Mexico basically tell Trump to *** off several times? xD I'd label it concern, cause having someone like Trump in office is a big deal, since he's got the power to do stuff with our military. Like you wouldn't want to piss this guy off, because what would he do?

But on the other hand, he advocates for peace and better ties with Russia, which I like. I'm truly hopeful that the media is overplaying kremlin ties and that he isn't somehow involved in some sorta scandal, and that his stance towards Russia is about keeping peace.

Well you know, there is that saying:

"The road to hell is paved with the best intentions"

I think when it's all said and done, that phrase will come up often.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-17 12:20:55
Link | Citer | R

The road to P n R is paved with incoherent ramblings and Simpsons gifs !.... not as catchy !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-17 12:22:05
Link | Citer | R

We can on occasion have dialogue but it always gets bogged down with in fight and personal name calling just like Congress
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-17 12:23:58
Link | Citer | R

I think the problem with most people here and in real life is people take politics personally when it is better seen as an abstract idea.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-17 12:27:52
Link | Citer | R

On that note, what are the odds of a Republican primary in 2019-2020?

0%. They're not going to primary President Pence, and there's no way Trump makes it that far.

Did you just pull a Candlejack?

I don't think he gets that far because he was never going to make it that far. I expect the real plan was to have him propose/sign off on some of the more PR-unfriendly proposals (hey guys! you can dump coal waste in rivers again, and your financial advisor can do what he *** wants!), then hit him with impeachment for violations of the emoluments clause, install Pence, and use Trump as the scapegoat for said PR-unfriendly bits. Pence is their guy in a way Trump never, ever, will be, but he likely wouldn't have won the general.

Congress was always going to have enough evidence to impeach, once Trump decided he wasn't really going to let go of his companies. It's only a matter of "when", with "when" being when he's not useful anymore (or such a threat to the party/nation that he must be removed).

The complication, of course, is that it's all gone so much crazier and so much faster than expected, and they've been caught off guard.

Did you miss the ENTIRE Republican primary? The Republicans didn't want him, he is neither conservative enough nor part of their club. At best he is a source of wealth and connections for the political elite. There is no great evil plan by your sworn enemies to rule the world. The Republicans lost to Trump same as the Democrats, the Republicans just gave the grace to realize it.

Trump has followed the law, the exact letter of it. If your referring to the immigration order, the executive office was granted that power by the courts back in the fifties and then again by congress two years later. Trump won't break the law, he is too smart for something stupid like that. This guy just crushed BOTH of the major political powers in the USA. He manipulated both into making mistakes that cost them any hope of winning. Stop underestimating him just because you loath his personality.

Trumps gonna run again in 2020 and most likely win it handedly. He will win because his enemies will continue to underestimate him and run the same game they running now.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-17 12:33:12
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I think the problem with most people here and in real life is people take politics personally when it is better seen as an abstract idea.

Politics has become a cult religion for the left. Once something crosses into faith it can no longer be effected by rationale discussion.

It's why I keep pointing out the fanatical mentality whenever I can. "The problem with voters is they aren't educated enough to vote for us, we need to reeducate them." Or my favorite "anything is acceptable for the cause."
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-17 12:47:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Politics has become a cult religion for the left.
Don't kid yourself, it's a cult religion for both parties.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-17 12:52:55
Link | Citer | R

I can't stress enough that people need to study power and strategy to remotely understand politics. At the lowest level there are two sides, one is the public theatre in front of the uneducated masses, the second is the private dealing and maneuvering. Private is where everything happens but politicians need support of the masses so they put on a play for you to see. All the public commentary is about the play, none is about the actual exercise of power. President Obama was a master of theater but woefully inadequate ar the private dealing, so bad that he was turned into a sock puppet by the Democrats. McCain also suffered from this awhile back. Trump is a master of both and has objectively demonstrated this in how he manipulated and defeated both political parties.

That last part is what scares the *** out of other world leaders. EVERY country is about getting maximum benefit for themselves. Their leaders frequently spar and try to manipulate each other's countries to get things they want. Europe has been exploiting the USA for decades now. By manipulating the US public and entertainment industry they got very favorable trade deals along with their national defense and health care subsidized. Our politicians knew about this but didn't bother challenging it. That just changed and nobody wants to have to go up against Trump.

People are allowing their personal feelings, driven by paid media, to cloud their mind. One should never underestimate ones enemy nor fail to recognize their true strengths.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-17 12:53:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Politics has become a cult religion for the left.
Don't kid yourself, it's a cult religion for both parties.

The right already had a religion so that's just assumed.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2017-02-17 13:31:24
Link | Citer | R

Like you wouldn't want to piss this guy off, because what would he do?

World leaders aren't afraid of what he might do from a military standpoint. Our most potent weapon is economics. The rest are much more difficult to actually put into motion against our rivals.
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 82 83 84