Random Politics & Religion #19

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 82 83 84
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-15 15:21:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It's a field goal they got while the Trump team has been making touchdowns.
The ***?
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2017-02-15 15:25:52
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
That presser with BiBi just now though...

This is like the 3rd or 4th time we have seen him answer a tough question with a word salad about the election.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-15 15:27:25
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
But in good news for gun sales and bleeding headlines ...

Congress blocks rule barring mentally impaired from guns
CNN

Excerpt:
Quote:
... The Obama administration rule required the Social Security Administration to send in the names of beneficiaries with mental impairments who also have a third party manage their benefits..../quote]
So we aren't talking talking garden variety weirdos here, we are talking ones too loopy to handle their own affairs.

As always with facts I don't like cnn they twist the story. It is not about mentally handicapped people owning guns. If you read the actual accurate story and read the bill, it covers people with a representative payee. Let me explain this in simple terms. If you are on social security or disability and you have a representative payee, which means for one reason or another you have someone managing your money. This can be for any reason. My cousin is my uncles payee, who receives social security retirement. Before all this he was not able to purchase a gun because obama drew all the info from social security and said if you are incapable of managing your own finances with needing a representative payee, then your not competent to own a gun. My Uncle has a payee because he lost both his legs to diabetes and he cannot drive so my cousin manages his finances. Does this make him mentally incompetent? Hell no. Under obamas law he cannot own a gun, he tried and came up on list that is reported for NICS background check. Many people have a rep payee that do not have any sort of mental disorder, be it transportation issues, mobility or just do not want to mange their own money.

Read obamas order on the social security rep payee block.

All guns must be confiscated and destroyed, using whatever reason possible. Any rule or policy, no matter how constitutional, that limits the numbers of weapons in the general population is a good thing.

That is the mentality the progressives have and why they should be resisted at every step. Common sense public safety restrictions are fine, but their not interested in those and instead of a fanatical devotion to this part of The Cause.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-15 15:29:21
Link | Citer | R

Does this guy have problems?
By Viciouss 2017-02-15 15:30:43
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Its not even worth responding to. Its just Saevel and his garbage superiority complex. Total fiction.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-02-15 15:33:30
Link | Citer | R

how is he wrong? Obamas order states anyone with a rep payee cannot own a gun. Many people have rep payees for a million different reasons.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-15 15:36:21
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
It's a field goal they got while the Trump team has been making touchdowns.
The ***?
If you cannot keep up with the conversation, please refrain from making comments like you do.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-02-15 15:36:59
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
Viciouss said: »

Its not even worth responding to. Its just Saevel and his garbage superiority complex. Total fiction.
It's why I keep him and KN on my blocked list. I learned long ago, both of them are trolls.

Uhhh.....

>_>
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-15 15:38:18
Link | Citer | R

We should rename the thread
"Random politics: from one deep end to another!"
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-15 15:38:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Odin.Slore said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
But in good news for gun sales and bleeding headlines ...

Congress blocks rule barring mentally impaired from guns
CNN

Excerpt:
Quote:
... The Obama administration rule required the Social Security Administration to send in the names of beneficiaries with mental impairments who also have a third party manage their benefits....
So we aren't talking talking garden variety weirdos here, we are talking ones too loopy to handle their own affairs.

As always with facts I don't like cnn they twist the story. It is not about mentally handicapped people owning guns. If you read the actual accurate story and read the bill, it covers people with a representative payee. Let me explain this in simple terms. If you are on social security or disability and you have a representative payee, which means for one reason or another you have someone managing your money. This can be for any reason. My cousin is my uncles payee, who receives social security retirement. Before all this he was not able to purchase a gun because obama drew all the info from social security and said if you are incapable of managing your own finances with needing a representative payee, then your not competent to own a gun. My Uncle has a payee because he lost both his legs to diabetes and he cannot drive so my cousin manages his finances. Does this make him mentally incompetent? Hell no. Under obamas law he cannot own a gun, he tried and came up on list that is reported for NICS background check. Many people have a rep payee that do not have any sort of mental disorder, be it transportation issues, mobility or just do not want to mange their own money.

Read obamas order on the social security rep payee block.

All guns must be confiscated and destroyed, using whatever reason possible. Any rule or policy, no matter how constitutional, that limits the numbers of weapons in the general population is a good thing.

That is the mentality the progressives have and why they should be resisted at every step. Common sense public safety restrictions are fine, but their not interested in those and instead of a fanatical devotion to this part of The Cause.
This is driving me crazy.

Fixed this for future quotes, if there's any.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-15 15:39:49
Link | Citer | R

It's why I keep him and KN on my blocked list. I learned long ago, both of them are trolls.

Uhhh.....

>_>
To some people, trolls = do not agree with.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-15 15:43:20
Link | Citer | R

Slore...

Quote:
... beneficiaries with mental impairments who also...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-15 15:48:22
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »

Uhhh.....

>_>
To some people, trolls = do not agree with.
I'm not calling you a troll, but you do exude that kind of behavior at times.
People may think of me as trolling, but again, disagreeing ≠ trolling.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Ruaumoko 2017-02-15 15:59:15
Link | Citer | R

Kind of have to interject here. Saevel and I have known each other for a while and over the course of many discussions we've had, occasionally not seeing eye-to-eye on certain issues, he's one of the more logically reasonable people I know.

'Not worth responding to' is the exact modus operandi that resulted in the Dems getting utterly wiped out in the EC. The left needs to learn humility.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2017-02-15 16:03:34
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »

Kind of have to interject here. Saevel and I have known each other for a while and over the course of many discussions we've had, occasionally not seeing eye-to-eye on certain issues, he's one of the more logically reasonable people I know.

'Not worth responding to' is the exact modus operandi that resulted in the Dems getting utterly wiped out in the EC. The left needs to learn humility.

I'm not really interested. All of his posts in P&R basically boil down to "Progressives are evil and I am better than them, and that includes all of the ones on this website, but because I speak broadly, it doesn't count as a personal attack." The left doesn't want to seize and destroy all guns, you won't find anyone credible advocating that. Its not part of the platform and it never has been.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-02-15 16:09:58
Link | Citer | R

I'm not really interested.
And there is an election loss in one phrase.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-15 16:10:32
Link | Citer | R

People need to stop thinking that not enjoying talking to someone has anything to do with ideology. One of the people I enjoy debating with the most on here is Nik who *gasp* is conservative!

I try quite often to reason with Saevel with a lot of patience as I do my best to get past his ad hominem attacks, barrage of lies and all kinds of other fallacies that he accuses everyone of, but over time it becomes just extremely frustrating.

I want to talk to honest people, not to propagandists.
 Valefor.Rawry
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Rawry 2017-02-15 16:11:38
Link | Citer | R

And btw my question about the guy having problems was actually directed at the Trump response lol, my laptop loads a bit slow so I didn't bother refreshing.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-15 16:14:51
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
We all need to learn humility, Rakuyo.
So do you Josi.

You need to understand that you of all people shouldn't state that people need to learn humility.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-15 16:18:41
Link | Citer | R

The left doesn't want to seize and destroy all guns, you won't find anyone credible advocating that.
Not everyone who supported Trump is a racist. Probably should tell that to Slate.

Not everyone who questions the methodology of global warming scientists are deniers. Probably should tell Pleebo that.

Not everyone who doesn't support Clinton is deplorable. You should have figured that out by now.

People are not painted like what is portrayed by the media, left or right. You can only be accountable by your own words, not what some person in NYC claims to know about you who they never met you before.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-15 16:19:24
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »

I'm not really interested. All of his posts in P&R basically boil down to "Progressives are evil and I am better than them, and that includes all of the ones on this website, but because I speak broadly, it doesn't count as a personal attack." The left doesn't want to seize and destroy all guns, you won't find anyone credible advocating that. Its not part of the platform and it never has been.
I'm not going to get into discussing whether or not Saevel's a troll in other places either. All I'm going by is what we see out of him here in P+R, which boils down to pure trolling, hence why I'll more than likely never remove his name from my block list.
Somebody needs to teach CJ what trolling is. Probably be best if you use his own posts as examples...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 82 83 84