Question About Registering Chocobos

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Digging » Question about registering chocobos
Question about registering chocobos
By MoobooMagoo 2017-01-31 04:33:50
Link | Citer | R

I'm fairly certain this is the case, but I wanted to ask people that know more about chocobo raising then I do and this seemed the best place to do it. What I want to do is raise a chocobo for digging and register it to my whistle, then raise a chocobo for racing and register that one to just the races.

So basically I would end up with two different chocobos, one for digging and one for racing. Does it work this way or does registering for the races overwrite my whistle? I know it is two different options, so I don't see why it would, but I'm afraid to lose my digging chocobo by trying.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [358 days between previous and next post]
By MoobooMagoo 2018-01-24 01:17:46
Link | Citer | R

In case anyone was wondering, yes you can have one chocobo registered to your whistle and one for racing.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [77 days between previous and next post]
By Pugofmidgard 2018-04-10 17:23:36
Link | Citer | R

To add, you can have 2 different versions of the same Chocobo if you do the work of raising and training for the desired outcome.

1. A racer stat and ability set that gets registered for racing - 'last registration' state remains regardless of changes to the bird through CarePlans, feeding, and Tokens.

Your 'Racer State' save of the Chocobo will remain until you try to register any new bird for racing, or a different instance of the same bird if you stock copies of any stages of progression.

2. A digger that can be easily and repeatedly registered to the whistle as the bird stats align to digging from racing through time remaining on Care Plans and RaceTokens - active and retired.

Raise a decent Racer-type to farm Chocobucks, to get Racing Silks and Tokens, learn racer abilities, register for racing.

Then wipe race abilities with Lethe Items, and adjust stats and learn abilities for digging.

The same bird working in two places, with two different sets of stats and abilities.
By MoobooMagoo 2018-04-12 22:48:32
Link | Citer | R

I never thought to do that. But honestly it would probably take less time to just raise two chocobos. Or at least less effort.