Random Politics & Religion #17

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #17
Random Politics & Religion #17
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 28 29 30
By Ramyrez 2017-01-04 09:30:31
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
We had to deal with this in the 1800's during the industrial revolution. How to find employment for people that spent all their time in manual labor. I think we are better equipped now than in the 1800s.

Which is why I keep saying that we should thin down the population!

But noooooooooooo.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-01-04 09:31:19
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

That is, start now by trending down birthrates more than has already happened.

Not executing random people.

Because I know someone will think that's what I meant, or pretend it to play devil's advocate. -.-;
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-01-04 09:31:37
Link | Citer | R

Look... I'm not arguing for or against trumps role in ford doing whatever their doing... idk why you keep trying to make the argument that the ford move has anything to do with what I'm saying...

If someone says trump is responsible for something bad that happened before he takes office will you just take them at face value and blame him?

You're putting out double standards saying that he can be congratulated and attributed the win to himself as his words and actions hold weight even before he takes office but then turn around and tell people he can not be judged for other things or blamed because he is not in office yet... which is it? His words hold weight even before he's in office or they don't?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-04 09:32:01
Link | Citer | R

We had to deal with this in the 1800's during the industrial revolution. How to find employment for people that spent all their time in manual labor. I think we are better equipped now than in the 1800s.

But noooooooooooo.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-04 09:33:06
Link | Citer | R

Damn you Ramy!

There you go, bringing my hopes up for a worldwide genocide!
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-04 09:33:29
Link | Citer | R

That is, start now by trending down birthrates more than has already happened.

Because I know someone will think that's what I meant, or pretend it to play devil's advocate. -.-;

Eh, I'm not the type to jump to conclusions like that.

That being said, I've alerted the FBI.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-04 09:33:34
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Look... I'm not arguing for or against trumps role in ford doing whatever their doing...
Then why are you here, besides arguing for arguments sake?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-04 09:34:20
Link | Citer | R

But noooooooooooo.

Or they could study engineering or computer science instead of English literature...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-01-04 09:34:49
Link | Citer | R

I just worry about the "make America a manufacturing giant" again stuff.

I mean, I'm on board with it in theory.

But paying unskilled workers a living wage to perform menial tasks is something businesses already balk at. By making more of those jobs you're not really going to fix anything? You're just going to have more people barely scraping by in a slightly different way or you're going to have the cost of goods spiraling higher and higher to keep profit margins in the black.
Automation is a bigger threat to manufacturing jobs than outsourcing...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-01-04 09:36:23
Link | Citer | R

Or they could study engineering or computer science instead of English literature...

Yeah, those people, sure.

But there will only be so many jobs in these different industries.

But the high school football star who spent the past fifteen years as a truck driver or a warehouse distribution worker is going to be ***out of luck.
By fonewear 2017-01-04 09:36:26
Link | Citer | R

Maybe FFXIAH will have an bot moderator that just simply replies "knock it off" after like 20 posts !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-01-04 09:36:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Look... I'm not arguing for or against trumps role in ford doing whatever their doing...
I made a general statement... you chimed in on it... doesn't seem like you can still even understand what I said or your just being obstinate for no reason like usual...
By Ramyrez 2017-01-04 09:37:02
Link | Citer | R

But paying unskilled workers a living wage to perform menial tasks is something businesses already balk at. By making more of those jobs you're not really going to fix anything? You're just going to have more people barely scraping by in a slightly different way or you're going to have the cost of goods spiraling higher and higher to keep profit margins in the black.

Yeah. It's a multifaceted issue, to be sure.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-04 09:38:00
Link | Citer | R

But the high school football star who spent the past fifteen years as a truck driver or a warehouse distribution worker is going to be ***out of luck.
You can't automate Truck Driving (yet).

It's going to be one of the last jobs automated when self-driving cars are finally made available.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-04 09:38:38
Link | Citer | R

Automation and outsourcing are two different arguments. The only tie-in with the two is what it does for manufacturing jobs.
By fonewear 2017-01-04 09:39:45
Link | Citer | R

I heard SE is working on a final fantasy game that plays itself and you just pay a one time fee to enjoy the game !
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-01-04 09:40:49
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
That being said, I've alerted the FBI.

I'm not saying I'm safe.

But I am saying I've received a private tour of the bureau's reference arms collection.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-04 09:41:04
Link | Citer | R

I made a general statement... you chimed in on it... doesn't seem like you can still even understand what I said or your just being obstinate for no reason like usual...
Like a majority of your posts, it was directed towards my argument. For some reason, you seem to be tense towards my arguments.

Or that you are secretly in love with me. Which in that case, I'm sorry, but I don't have feelings for you.

Ramy is my debating boy-toy.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-01-04 09:41:15
Link | Citer | R

I heard SE is working on a final fantasy game that plays itself and you just pay a one time fee to enjoy the game !
Didn't you just describe a movie?

Which... really makes movies sound like a rip off comparatively...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-01-04 09:41:27
Link | Citer | R

It's going to be one of the last jobs automated when self-driving cars are finally made available.

But it's going to happen and not thinking ahead is how you end up with mountains out of molehills.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-04 09:43:37
Link | Citer | R

But it's going to happen and not thinking ahead is how you end up with mountains out of molehills.
Yes, eventually.

In our lifetimes? I give it 30% chance of it happening. Either way, there's a whole lot more R&D, Development, Regulation, Accidental Deaths, Terrorist Hacking, and Mass-Murders to happen before it becomes a reality.
By fonewear 2017-01-04 09:44:29
Link | Citer | R

Don't worry about truckers they are highly adaptable. They will find ways of making money like kidnapping runaways...
By Ramyrez 2017-01-04 09:45:31
Link | Citer | R

Don't worry about truckers they are highly adaptable. They will find ways of making money like kidnapping runaways...

There are only so many prostitutes to murder and take their money/drug stash.
By fonewear 2017-01-04 09:45:37
Link | Citer | R

If you can't find a job you can always be an unpaid intern. The pay sucks but you get free food or at least you should !
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-04 09:46:09
Link | Citer | R

Truck driving on the freeway would be relatively simple to automate. If you spend time in a manufacturing area, you'd see how tricky the rest can be. I would imagine that a lot of trucks, when automated, would still require an operator to ride with it. Not really a huge loss of jobs there.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-04 09:46:19
Link | Citer | R

There are only so many prostitutes to murder and take their money/drug stash.
That's why there's so few out in the rural areas. They already been weeded out by the truck drivers.

Inner-city, however.....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-04 09:48:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Truck driving on the freeway would be relatively simple to automate. If you spend time in a manufacturing area, you'd see how tricky the rest can be. I would imagine that a lot of trucks, when automated, would still require an operator to ride with it. Not really a huge loss of jobs there.
The biggest issue is regulating/standardizing the loading docks so automated big-rigs can back into the platforms without damaging the truck and/or platform.

Next biggest issue is when trucks deliver to job sites that don't have loading docks (construction areas are a great example of this).

It's still going to take years to do, even if the driver is still there just in case.
By fonewear 2017-01-04 09:49:01
Link | Citer | R

Not all truck drivers are homicidal maniacs just about 80% of them.
By fonewear 2017-01-04 09:49:42
Link | Citer | R

I would rather trust a crazy trucker than spaghetti code written by some Google engineer though...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-04 09:50:01
Link | Citer | R

Not all truck drivers are homicidal maniacs just about 80% of them.
Unless they are gravel-buckets. Then they try to kill all of the drivers on the road, especially in Texas >.>
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 28 29 30