Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 39 40 41
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-13 09:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Rex Tillerson must be happy he will be able to make billions by removing Russia's economical sanctions. A great deal maker for sure.

Stop! I couldn't possibly have another bite. Don't offer me anymore liberal tears.

Just pointing the obvious conflict of interest. Let's put this in your own words. Don't you find that suspicious?
What's the conflict of interest? That he will do deals that benefit Exxon over the benefit of the people? Is there any evidence of that? No of course not, nothing has happened yet so it's all speculation.

Secondly, since when did liberals care about such conflicts? Hillary profited immensely from personal deals in that position.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-13 09:55:11
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Rex Tillerson must be happy he will be able to make billions by removing Russia's economical sanctions. A great deal maker for sure.

Stop! I couldn't possibly have another bite. Don't offer me anymore liberal tears.

Just pointing the obvious conflict of interest. Let's put this in your own words. Don't you find that suspicious?

If he keeps consuming all that salt he's bound to get high blood pressure.

Sometimes you have to be more blunt on these topics:

ExxonMobil has operations and business interests in Russia that are on hold because of imposed sanctions. Tillerson wants to remove those sanctions and get these operations restarted:

Sakhalin Island
Kara Sea
West Siberia (shale)
Black Sea

Are these things he's said in the last week?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-13 09:58:09
Link | Citer | R

What's the conflict of interest? That he will do deals that benefit Exxon over the benefit of the people? Is there any evidence of that? No of course not, nothing has happened yet so it's all speculation.

Secondly, since when did liberals care about such conflicts? Hillary profited immensely from personal deals in that position.
We started caring about them as quickly as you stopped caring about them lol... so concerned about all the hillAry conflicts but everyone on trumps team seems to be immune to them lol...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-13 10:01:41
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget, it's always bad if somebody else does it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-13 10:07:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I just find it hilarious that according to libs, nobody with a job can become a politician, because you can't possibly do things that benefit both the company you used to work for AND the people.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-13 10:11:57
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
so concerned about all the hillAry conflicts but everyone on trumps team seems to be immune to them lol...

because none of them have even been confirmed by the senate yet....
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-13 10:15:45
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
so concerned about all the hillAry conflicts but everyone on trumps team seems to be immune to them lol...

I mean if I had known I could have cried "conflict of interest" at obama because he used to be a community organizer, oh the fun I would have had.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-13 10:16:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I just find it hilarious that according to libs, nobody with a job can become a politician, because you can't possibly do things that benefit both the company you used to work for AND the people.
That's not the argument though... I would think conservatives that argued so fiercely against a hillarys conflicts of interest in office would understand too... appearantly those in business are free from conflict in your eyes though?

The concerns are just like yours were for Hillary... that government officials make deals with foreign powers or grant favors that may not be in the best interest of the nation for their own personal gain... why is that difficult to understand? It surely is possible that someone could make the correct choice and still benefit from it but why be in that situation? Take yourself out of it and work for the betterment of the nation yeah? That's why they're going into office yes?
By Viciouss 2016-12-13 10:19:52
Link | Citer | R

Who has said this? Or are you just lying about what people say again?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-13 10:20:13
Link | Citer | R

The point still stands... oone here is making the argument that they aren't even in office or confirmed yet... it was a big deal in the election period over conflicts of interest but those that did don't see it as a possibility that there could be conflicts from their guys lol...

In any case... we will see what happens in a couple months...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-13 10:21:09
Link | Citer | R

"It's not good if your side does it, but it's totally legit when my side does it"

Let's evolve past elementary school level reasoning and logic fellas.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-13 10:21:56
Link | Citer | R

"It's not good if your side does it, but it's totally legit when my side does it"

Eh. Everyone seems to be guilty of that though...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-13 10:23:58
Link | Citer | R

Is there no difference between wanting to make a decision that benefits a certain corner of the energy sector and making a decision that ultimately nets millions of dollars in donations into your personal foundation.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-13 10:26:35
Link | Citer | R

Is there no difference between wanting to make a decision that benefits a certain corner of the energy sector and making a decision that ultimately nets millions of dollars in donations into your personal foundation.
You just noted a difference... there really is no difference if you're doing either one for your own personal gain... also, unless you're doing it with the intention of benefitting the American people it shouldn't be done anyways...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-13 10:29:52
Link | Citer | R

You just noted a difference... there really is no difference if you're doing either one for your own personal gain... also, unless you're doing it with the intention of benefitting the American people it shouldn't be done anyways...
Well so everyone here is crying foul at the POTENTIAL for this guy to do something for PERSONAL gain. there is pretty much no one who could be nominated that would be insulated from such opportunity.

If and when he makes that call and a clear personal gain can be displayed as evidence, then we can talk about it. Until then, is just whining.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-13 10:29:55
Link | Citer | R

Eh. Everyone seems to be guilty of that though...

Doesn't mean we can't change.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-13 10:30:23
Link | Citer | R

NO!!!

/dips your pigtails in the ink well
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-13 10:31:16
Link | Citer | R

Seriously, if Kanye West got the nod for SOS he could travel the world promoting his show, and it would be the same damn thing.
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-12-13 10:33:31
Link | Citer | R

Rand Paul has already come out and said he will block Bolton's appointment as deputy SOS, other republican senators have expressed opposition to Tillerson, but I guess because they are conservatives, its not whining. Its something else.
By eliroo 2016-12-13 10:33:46
Link | Citer | R

Well so everyone here is crying foul at the POTENTIAL for this guy to do something for PERSONAL gain.

Yes, judging someone based on what they can do is what the nomination process is all about.

If and when he makes that call and a clear personal gain can be displayed as evidence, then we can talk about it.

It will be too late then and done behind closed doors.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-13 10:34:13
Link | Citer | R

Well so everyone here is crying foul at the POTENTIAL for this guy to do something for PERSONAL gain. there is pretty much no one who could be nominated that would be insulated from such opportunity.

If and when he makes that call and a clear personal gain can be displayed as evidence, then we can talk about it. Until then, is just whining.
Sure anyone can be open to corruption... would you not say it's more likely when you have ties to a multinational corporation and a foreign government that has deals currently in limbo worth at least a billion dollars?

I'll remember that though... never be proactive when it comes to rooting stuff like that out... only be reactive trying to fix a mess after it's already happened... look how well that turned out with hillary... no one could make anything stick even though they were positive she did something wrong... even after FBI investigations and millions upon millions of dollars in investigations...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-13 10:35:18
Link | Citer | R

Seriously, if Kanye West got the nod for SOS he could travel the world promoting his show, and it would be the same damn thing.
It wouldn't actually... that you think it's similar is fairly scary...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-13 10:35:45
Link | Citer | R

More like precedents set in the past and attempts at avoiding mistakes that destroy government and national credibility.

Last thing the nation needs is something like the Tea Pot Dome Scandal at the geopolitical level.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-13 10:36:17
Link | Citer | R

"It's fine if hillary clinton profits 250 million dollars, but it's totally bogus when the other side hasn't done anything yet because they aren't even in the positions they are being nominated for but so what my feels are hurted and the gop are big fat meanie faces
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-13 10:36:46
Link | Citer | R

It wouldn't actually... that you think it's similar is fairly scary...

I mean, that would still be something to frown at.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-13 10:37:46
Link | Citer | R

NO!!!

/dips your pigtails in the ink well

Dips your monocle in the tar pits.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-13 10:38:07
Link | Citer | R

From a Norwegian newspaper apparently lol

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-13 10:39:11
Link | Citer | R

Sure anyone can be open to corruption... would you not say it's more likely when you have ties to a multinational corporation and a foreign government that has deals currently in limbo worth at least a billion dollars?

I'll remember that though... never be proactive when it comes to rooting stuff like that out... only be reactive trying to fix a mess after it's already happened... look how well that turned out with hillary... no one could make anything stick even though they were positive she did something wrong... even after FBI investigations and millions upon millions of dollars in investigations...

Speculate all you want. But at least preface it with "hey I don't know what I'm talking about, but what if..."
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-13 10:39:14
Link | Citer | R

destroy government and national credibility.

oh that's rich...you don't even like america...wtf do you care if our credibility suffers!?.

we need to make some bank bro <scene from Step brothers>
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-13 10:39:34
Link | Citer | R

"It's fine if hillary clinton profits 250 million dollars, but it's totally bogus when the other side hasn't done anything yet because they aren't even in the positions they are being nominated for but so what my feels are hurted and the gop are big fat meanie faces

I see youre putting your internet debating diploma from the University of Strawmanning to good use.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 39 40 41