Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 48 49 50
By tyalangan 2019-06-22 22:24:11
Link | Citer | R

What does thief do for this setup? I’m genuinely curious. I went through all their abilities and the only thing that seems remotely helpful to a mage setup would be Feint but I thought that was normal melee evasion.

Accomplice for hate shed? TA for tank enmity help? I feel like those things aren’t important enough for the additional mob HP but I have not tried this method so could be totally wrong on the importance of hate with this setup.
By Kainrostecello 2019-06-22 22:27:42
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
What does thief do for this setup? I’m genuinely curious. I went through all their abilities and the only thing that seems remotely helpful to a mage setup would be Feint but I thought that was normal melee evasion.

Accomplice for hate shed? TA for tank enmity help? I feel like those things aren’t important enough for the additional mob HP but I have not tried this method so could be totally wrong on the importance of hate with this setup.

Treasure Hunter obviously
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-06-22 22:44:25
Link | Citer | R

For Vini?

I mean it’s fine to include TH but it seems like the point of the post was how to group specifically for BLM. It could have been left out unless it had a specific role in blm assistance. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
By monkey33333333 2019-06-22 23:58:04
Link | Citer | R

most likely useing to steal the NMs SP
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-23 00:20:02
Link | Citer | R

honestly, my 12th character only had thf for a while and i listed it to indicate the HP numbers and actual setup used

it is not relevant to the fights
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2019-06-23 13:15:14
Link | Citer | R

There's ways to balance around there being no resist wall. Or better a wall that only resists on high damage numbers. It's an weird counterargument to assume they would remove it and then do absolutely nothing for balance against magic bursts.

In the present day of SMN AC/AF things to death, PUP's eating a sandwich during Overdrive, COR dropping ridiculous Leaden Salutes faster than you could prepare Death again, SCHs who can drop a massive Helix and run around in DT/Heal until the mob dies. But afraid that somehow 14 timed nukes will instantly kill all mobs and could never be balanced.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2019-06-23 13:22:45
Link | Citer | R

Also, Gambit and Rayke gives you a rough minute of free nuke time. I'm not advocating that BLM is useless because it obviously still gets used.

The discussion I assume wasn't about the validity of BLM but about the speed of melee/ranged/pet vs elemental magic.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-06-24 15:21:31
Link | Citer | R

If nothing else, the consistent comments about G/R as a requirement make me irritated enough that I wish something was done to mitigate that or add an alternative when G/R are down.

Cascade seems like one possible target for improvement. Perhaps make Cascade reduce the resist wall for the next spell, similar to Rayke.

A lot of ways you could play with Cascade. Could do a resist wall reduction based on amount of TP, or just change the whole TP consumption aspect altogether and make the JA do a consistent effect limited only by timer... Or make it some sort of stance (maybe one that pumps up free nuke damage at the expense of Magic Burst bonus?)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-06-24 15:46:28
Link | Citer | R

I have always wished that Cascade functioned like Immanence if you have 1k+ TP. Just a pipe dream nowadays since they've "fixed" BLM in their eyes.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-06-24 16:11:49
Link | Citer | R

I also kinda wouldn't mind an Impetus-like equivalent for magic damage. Say, a stance where consecutive free nukes keep increasing the power of same element free nukes (up to a cap), and maybe it resets if you do a magic burst?

Or perhaps since they're seeking to boost the BLM debuff/DoTs, maybe make those help erode the strength of nuke wall for that element (perhaps not even Rayke strength, but SOMETHING).

But like you said, we're just talking about unrealistic hypotheticals at this point since BLM already got their update...
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-24 16:13:33
Link | Citer | R

If you *** complain on the OF they will 'fix' more. Doing it here does nothing.

Seriously. Tell them about ***you think is bad/broken/fail (I mean, if you can, sense most semi-functional people got banned already)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [86 days between previous and next post]
By Felgarr 2019-09-19 03:22:40
Link | Citer | R

Can someone put together a list of Ambuscade capes for BLM? What I have so far:

1.) INT+30 M.Acc/M.Dmg+20 MAB+10 (for free nuking and bursting)
2.) FastCast +10, MP+80 (for death/FC/comet/etc)
3.) ???

I'm primarily looking for nuking/bursting respectively, but all options are welcome. Is there anything else?
By Chimerawizard 2019-09-19 03:43:50
Link | Citer | R

1)elemental spells: INT mACC MAB
2)precast: MP mEVA FC PDT
3)death: MP mACC haste OR MAB
done
4)enfeeble: MND mACC
5)occult acumen: mACC sTP
6)melee: NO
7)Shattersoul: NO
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
Serveur: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2019-10-03 13:31:08
Link | Citer | R

The only thing better than casting Burn and watching my enemies die slowly is the knowledge that the same 25 mp will be doing 30ish points of damage for the next three minutes!! Go Go group 2 merits!! Thank you for making BLM awesome again SE, you guys are so awesome and sagacious.
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2019-10-18 01:30:47
Link | Citer | R

Just curious if the sets on the 1st page are still up to date?
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-18 01:46:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ramsy said: »
Just curious if the sets on the 1st page are still up to date?

I see Freke ring, seems like they are.
By Chimerawizard 2019-10-18 11:43:01
Link | Citer | R

some sets are, some aren't.
edit: now with details.
Starter: your first Lv.99 job, not yet ready to spam ambuscade.
(so still questing AF/relic/empy and working on getting access to 5 trusts probably)
These are all out of date as they require content beyond sparks gear. This is supposed to be the phase where you get you catch up on pre-iLv content and don't need more than sparks at most.
LQ: is difficult to quantify, because do you have to solo or are people carrying you?
NQ: mostly old, could update some with new HTBF accessories, ambu armor+2/weapon/grip or nq Ea instead of nq amalric or merlinic.
(meh~good augment merlinic is what I consider NQ, if it's a great aug. I consider it HQ)
Standard ... is another name for NQ, right?
HQ: mostly correct, some sets should include new HTBF accessories, the ambu grip, and DT sets could swap in Su5 or malignance pole. (DT out of date in general)
HTBF accessories: sacro cord, malignance earring, and Freke ring.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [91 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-17 07:50:40
Link | Citer | R

Nehalennia earring has place in almost all the Death sets, not sure how many people are using SC+MB Death any more though
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-17 08:00:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Nehalennia earring has place in almost all the Death sets, not sure how many people are using SC+MB Death any more though

Honestly have not touched Death in I think a couple years now... Not much action on BLM at all actually for that matter. Thinking about selling back my Ea+1 gears because it just never sees use.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-17 08:31:56
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »

Honestly have not touched Death in I think a couple years now... Not much action on BLM at all actually for that matter. Thinking about selling back my Ea+1 gears because it just never sees use.
BLM my favorite job, so ill never de-gear it, I still like to use SC+MB for stuff with SCH+BLM+GEO, like zitah clears, unity stuff, probably faster ways but still fun to me
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-17 10:13:32
Link | Citer | R

I hear that. Nothing beats playing your favorite job ^^
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [82 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Tiffytazzy
Serveur: Odin
user: tazkwondo
By Odin.Tiffytazzy 2020-04-08 22:06:23
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone found augmented pieces worth using in their Death Set.
Even better if you would post your Death equipset. Thank You.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-04-08 23:31:14
Link | Citer | R

To my knowledge there is no augmented equipment available aside from grio with MP that’s worth using. And if you’re that weirdo in your dynamis group that likes to blm now then empyrean staff it’s nifty ***to have imo.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Reaperofsoul
By Bismarck.Reaperofsoul 2020-05-20 19:08:43
Link | Citer | R

On the sup 5 Kaumodaki path A. does the double damage proc on magic dmg or just physical?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2020-05-20 19:13:07
Link | Citer | R

only physical
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-05-22 11:29:35
Link | Citer | R

Hello!

Has anyone build sets with Kaumodaki(C) as the locked weapon?

Thanks in advance.
By Draylo 2020-05-22 11:59:29
Link | Citer | R

For mana wall?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-05-22 12:03:00
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
For mana wall?

Just sets around using it fulltime, as a main weapon.
By Draylo 2020-05-22 12:12:52
Link | Citer | R

I haven't seen much info on that staff. I was under the impression Raetic staff +1 should be best in slot for most nukes except maybe low tier ones and death.
By Draylo 2020-05-22 12:14:51
Link | Citer | R

It's sad how neglected BLM became, I think most people just accept it because of how long it reigned. I think for them to make BLM enticing to players they need to create fights that would need magical damage that can't be done by just using a COR. Right now BLM is almost completely dead outside of wanting to use it to be safe for certain fights.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 48 49 50